Author Topic: Iku Quest Sedem: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 58749 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Iku Quest Sedem: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #780 on: January 09, 2011, 08:11:39 AM »
>"It is difficult, no argument there."
>"I don't know if this is pertinent, but Nitori is clearly more present than Kogasa is. At least the last time I spoke with them."

>She frowns. "That does sound strange. Is either of them particular strong-willed?"

« Reply #781 on: January 09, 2011, 08:22:11 AM »
>"I don't think there's a distinct difference there, at least in the way that you mean. I had wondered if it might have been partially because I had spoken with Nitori while I was inside the shadow realm, and helped her to understand what had happened to her."
>"As a side note, I couldn't find Kogasa while I was there. I don't know if that was simply incidental."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #782 on: January 09, 2011, 08:37:44 AM »
>"I don't think there's a distinct difference there, at least in the way that you mean. I had wondered if it might have been partially because I had spoken with Nitori while I was inside the shadow realm, and helped her to understand what had happened to her."
>"As a side note, I couldn't find Kogasa while I was there. I don't know if that was simply incidental."

>"You didn't look in the right place," says the poltergeist. "And yes, speaking to her while there might have done something."

>_

« Reply #783 on: January 09, 2011, 08:50:50 AM »
>"Do you think that would be enough to account for it on its own, or do you think it's likely there's still something else at play?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #784 on: January 09, 2011, 10:02:49 AM »
>"Do you think that would be enough to account for it on its own, or do you think it's likely there's still something else at play?"

>She shakes her head. "I can't be sure."

>_

« Reply #785 on: January 09, 2011, 10:11:59 AM »
>"Did you notice anything odd about how she, specifically, was 'fitting' before you sent me to her?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #786 on: January 09, 2011, 10:45:43 AM »
>"Did you notice anything odd about how she, specifically, was 'fitting' before you sent me to her?"

>"Maybe," she says. "They were already starting to be a problem."

>_

« Reply #787 on: January 09, 2011, 11:05:14 AM »
>"Is it possible that some of that might be from Bhava-Agra's shadow giving them something to move about on and interact with, rather than falling alone through a featureless void?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #788 on: January 09, 2011, 11:09:11 AM »
>"Is it possible that some of that might be from Bhava-Agra's shadow giving them something to move about on and interact with, rather than falling alone through a featureless void?"

>"That's...possible, isn't it?" she says, frowning.

>_

« Reply #789 on: January 09, 2011, 11:13:57 AM »
>"It seems plausible, at the very least. I know Nitori didn't seem to have a very good sense of how much time had passed when there was nothing around her, but set to exploring her surroundings as soon as she was able to."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #790 on: January 09, 2011, 11:21:49 AM »
>"It seems plausible, at the very least. I know Nitori didn't seem to have a very good sense of how much time had passed when there was nothing around her, but set to exploring her surroundings as soon as she was able to."

>She nods.

>_

« Reply #791 on: January 09, 2011, 11:27:41 AM »
>"Do you really think that might be the root cause of the issue, then?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #792 on: January 09, 2011, 11:39:55 AM »
>"Do you really think that might be the root cause of the issue, then?"

>"I don't know," she says. "It's something, at least, that and that thing you fell through..."

>_

« Reply #793 on: January 09, 2011, 11:57:42 AM »
>"Is there any other potential source of information that might help you make that determination? Any other question I might know the answer to, or know where to search for such an answer?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #794 on: January 09, 2011, 12:29:05 PM »
>"Is there any other potential source of information that might help you make that determination? Any other question I might know the answer to, or know where to search for such an answer?"

>She is silent for a few moments, then says, "No, you don't need to know any more."

>_

« Reply #795 on: January 09, 2011, 12:41:31 PM »
>"Is there any other way I might be able to assist, then?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #796 on: January 09, 2011, 01:04:29 PM »
>"Is there any other way I might be able to assist, then?"

>"I'm not sure..." she says.

>_

« Reply #797 on: January 09, 2011, 01:20:58 PM »
>"Well, my offer stands, if you can think of something I could assist with."
>"And if you feel that we've done enough brainstorming on the topic, did you want to spend some time looking within yourself, with those things in mind? Or do you need to figure out what to do with me before that?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #798 on: January 09, 2011, 01:34:47 PM »
>"Well, my offer stands, if you can think of something I could assist with."
>"And if you feel that we've done enough brainstorming on the topic, did you want to spend some time looking within yourself, with those things in mind? Or do you need to figure out what to do with me before that?"

>"Yes, you need to be dealt with," she says.

>_

« Reply #799 on: January 09, 2011, 02:02:33 PM »
>"After all this, are you at least willing to entertain the possibility that I have been sincere with you from the start?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #800 on: January 09, 2011, 02:11:39 PM »
>"After all this, are you at least willing to entertain the possibility that I have been sincere with you from the start?"

>"No," she says. Then she frowns, "But you might have turned your way of thinking around."

>_

« Reply #801 on: January 09, 2011, 02:27:38 PM »
>"Well, I shall take that as a step in the right direction. All I wish is that each of us can co-existence in peace and safety without doing harm to each other. There is already enough suffering in the world. I wish to do my part to alleviate it, not add to it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #802 on: January 09, 2011, 03:14:39 PM »
>"Well, I shall take that as a step in the right direction. All I wish is that each of us can co-existence in peace and safety without doing harm to each other. There is already enough suffering in the world. I wish to do my part to alleviate it, not add to it."

>"And much too much exposure," she says. "Now, what should I do with you? Hmmm..."

>_

« Reply #803 on: January 09, 2011, 03:18:57 PM »
>"Do you still worry that if you let go of me, I will do you further harm?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #804 on: January 09, 2011, 03:23:10 PM »
>"Do you still worry that if you let go of me, I will do you further harm?"

>"There's no way I can let you go," she says. "And there's no way I can keep you around, either."

>_

« Reply #805 on: January 09, 2011, 03:36:35 PM »
>"If I made a pledge to you, do you not feel I would honor it?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #806 on: January 09, 2011, 03:43:40 PM »
>"If I made a pledge to you, do you not feel I would honor it?"

>"It doesn't matter what you pledge," she says, "You know too much!"

>_

« Reply #807 on: January 09, 2011, 03:47:42 PM »
>"And if I do not use this knowledge to harm you, but only to help where I can, what further harm is done than whatever you feel has already taken place?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #808 on: January 09, 2011, 03:59:35 PM »
>"And if I do not use this knowledge to harm you, but only to help where I can, what further harm is done than whatever you feel has already taken place?"

>"Or I could undo what's been done right now," she says.

>_

« Reply #809 on: January 09, 2011, 04:17:14 PM »
>"I assume you mean by taking my shadow? It is true that I would not be able to interact with the outside world if you did that, but that does not stop one from knowing the things they already know. My conversation with Nitori is evidence enough of this."