Author Topic: Iku Quest Sedem: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 58765 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Iku Quest Sedem: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #600 on: January 06, 2011, 06:14:00 PM »
> So right near or over the heart, then?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #601 on: January 06, 2011, 06:36:20 PM »
>"Perhaps I mightn't. But perhaps I might. The only way to know is to ask. You have noting to lose."

>"You know exactly what I'd lose," she says, her voice lowering dangerously.

> So right near or over the heart, then?

>Near it; above by a few inches you think.

>_

« Reply #602 on: January 06, 2011, 06:39:07 PM »
>"I don't believe I'm in any position right now to spread any secrets of yours, if this is what you're concerned about. And if you're not satisfied afterwards, well... I'm still here."

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #603 on: January 06, 2011, 06:39:32 PM »
You do realize she's talking about revealing herself at all, right? >_>

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #604 on: January 06, 2011, 06:45:35 PM »
Yes, I realize that it isn't necessarily something anyone else would regard as a 'secret', but I think the principle still stands. What environment could possibly be 'safer' than our current position? She can always 'undo' her mistake. And, despite her pathological disgust with the idea of sharing information, she's still given us tidbits here and there, whether she's noticed it or not. What else would you suggest?

EDIT: As for phrasing, well... I admit that I'm not exactly the most awake at the moment >.> Feel free to amend whatever you think needs amending.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 06:47:12 PM by DracoOmega »

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #605 on: January 06, 2011, 09:21:35 PM »
Mmm, true.

> "I'll be here as long as you want me here. I don't have a choice in the matter anymore.  You can tell me whatever you want without fear of exposure - if I do anything off-kilter you can just make me go away, and no one would be the wiser as to what you told me."
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 02:55:40 AM by Kilgamayan »
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #606 on: January 07, 2011, 03:03:05 AM »
>"I don't believe I'm in any position right now to spread any secrets of yours, if this is what you're concerned about. And if you're not satisfied afterwards, well... I'm still here."
> "I'll be here as long as you want me here. I don't have a choice in the matter anymore.  You can tell me whatever you want without fear of exposure - if I do anything off-kilter you can just make me go away, and no one would be the wiser as to what you told me."

>She frowns, staring at the ground for a moment. "I'm not sure if that makes it okay..."

>_

« Reply #607 on: January 07, 2011, 03:10:22 AM »
>"It's obvious that you want to know whatever it is that you were searching for. And I want to help you, if I can. I am sincere in what I say. I would not have placed myself here, otherwise. Curiosity is a most natural of things. There is nothing wrong in expressing it."

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #608 on: January 07, 2011, 03:18:43 AM »
> "As for whether or not our positions makes things "okay" or not on a core level, I would be glad to help in that regard, but as someone who has only known the joy of sharing freely and not the depravity, I would likely need some help of my own understanding the deeper why. But we can return to that in a moment, because it ties into something else I forgot to mention. I believe you asked me a question earlier, about whether or not I was terrified? I forgot to answer your question at the time, and for that rudeness, I apologize. Would it surprise you to know that yes, I am indeed terrified of what you could do to me right now? I've seen the effects on others, and this time has the added experience of being frozen to my very soul."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #609 on: January 07, 2011, 03:41:26 AM »
>"It's obvious that you want to know whatever it is that you were searching for. And I want to help you, if I can. I am sincere in what I say. I would not have placed myself here, otherwise. Curiosity is a most natural of things. There is nothing wrong in expressing it."

> "As for whether or not our positions makes things "okay" or not on a core level, I would be glad to help in that regard, but as someone who has only known the joy of sharing freely and not the depravity, I would likely need some help of my own understanding the deeper why. But we can return to that in a moment, because it ties into something else I forgot to mention. I believe you asked me a question earlier, about whether or not I was terrified? I forgot to answer your question at the time, and for that rudeness, I apologize. Would it surprise you to know that yes, I am indeed terrified of what you could do to me right now? I've seen the effects on others, and this time has the added experience of being frozen to my very soul."

>"Good," she says as you mention you are frightened. She relaxes her hands a little, and you find yourself feeling somewhat less cold. It's still unpleasant, but less so. "Good. Don't try to pretend you've done anything other than make a mistake. And fine, do you know how shadows work?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #610 on: January 07, 2011, 03:45:00 AM »
> "I likely know less than you do, given our different areas of expertise. I had always assumed shadows were made by opaque matter impeding the travel of light."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #611 on: January 07, 2011, 04:07:21 AM »
> "I likely know less than you do, given our different areas of expertise. I had always assumed shadows were made by opaque matter impeding the travel of light."

>She shakes her head. "Then there's no point, you don't know nearly enough."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #612 on: January 07, 2011, 04:10:12 AM »
> "I'd be happy to learn. Or would that involve telling me too much about yourself?"

« Reply #613 on: January 07, 2011, 04:13:27 AM »
>"Well, perhaps if you asked me the specific question you were curious about, it could be more helpful than me attempting to list everything I know about shadows, and hope I hit upon it by chance?"
>"But I can still do that, if you'd rather."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #614 on: January 07, 2011, 04:16:30 AM »
> "I'd be happy to learn. Or would that involve telling me too much about yourself?"

>"If I don't know it, how would you know if I just told you what I know?" she says, giving you a rather annoyed look.

>"Well, perhaps if you asked me the specific question you were curious about, it could be more helpful than me attempting to list everything I know about shadows, and hope I hit upon it by chance?"
>"But I can still do that, if you'd rather."

>"So you do know more than you just said?" she asks.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #615 on: January 07, 2011, 04:32:52 AM »
> Do we know how exactly Gensokyo and Bhava-Agra are separated?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #616 on: January 07, 2011, 04:34:08 AM »
> Do we know how exactly Gensokyo and Bhava-Agra are separated?

>You are aware that they are separated much as Makai and Gensokyo are separated. While there is geographical connection, they are worlds apart.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #617 on: January 07, 2011, 04:36:41 AM »
> Could one simply fly straight up from anywhere in Gensokyo and reach it eventually, or is access blocked everywhere except Youkai Mountain?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #618 on: January 07, 2011, 04:41:53 AM »
> Could one simply fly straight up from anywhere in Gensokyo and reach it eventually, or is access blocked everywhere except Youkai Mountain?

>One could. But whether there is something there to find is questionable; as your experiences trying to navigate it without landmarks below has shown.

>_

« Reply #619 on: January 07, 2011, 04:43:09 AM »
>On a clear day, can one see the surface from Bhava-Agra, but not the reverse?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #620 on: January 07, 2011, 04:45:52 AM »
> Wasn't there some sort of gate between Makai and Gensokyo, presumably before that Sara person left? Bhava-Agra has no such gate separating it from Gensokyo.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #621 on: January 07, 2011, 05:02:27 AM »
>On a clear day, can one see the surface from Bhava-Agra, but not the reverse?

>Yes.

> Wasn't there some sort of gate between Makai and Gensokyo, presumably before that Sara person left? Bhava-Agra has no such gate separating it from Gensokyo.

>You aren't sure about the details, but that does seem right now that you think on it. Odd.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #622 on: January 07, 2011, 05:05:22 AM »
> So why would Makai and Gensokyo need a gate and a guard when Bhava-Agra and Gensokyo apparently do not have or need one?
> If Bhava-Agra and Gensokyo are connectable geographically, do we have any idea why the islands might not normally cast shadows? Surely something must be cast, however faint it would be from the great height.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #623 on: January 07, 2011, 05:17:56 AM »
> So why would Makai and Gensokyo need a gate and a guard when Bhava-Agra and Gensokyo apparently do not have or need one?
> If Bhava-Agra and Gensokyo are connectable geographically, do we have any idea why the islands might not normally cast shadows? Surely something must be cast, however faint it would be from the great height.

>You aren't sure, now that you think about it. Perhaps it has something to do with the nature of the worlds and people in them?
>You never thought of it until yesterday. Perhaps it has something to do with being separate worlds? You're starting to wish your paid a bit more mind to cosmogony now...

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #624 on: January 07, 2011, 05:28:46 AM »
> "I am sorry. In all of my recent activity, I had forgotten one other thing I heard earlier yesterday, from one of the mountain goddesses. She told me that a shadow is a fundamental thing, in that it is an important signifier that the light can touch you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #625 on: January 07, 2011, 05:39:19 AM »
> "I am sorry. In all of my recent activity, I had forgotten one other thing I heard earlier yesterday, from one of the mountain goddesses. She told me that a shadow is a fundamental thing, in that it is an important signifier that the light can touch you."

>She nods. "Yes, exactly. But it's more than that. It's a part of you, just like your arms and legs. Not quite the same say, not sure what'd happen if you took off someone's arm. But it's close enough."

>_

« Reply #626 on: January 07, 2011, 05:43:41 AM »
>"Yes, that much has been made clear by what I've seen over the last few days. I admit that a lot of it has been rather outside my prior experience."
>"If I might ask, were you wanting to know why Bhava-Agra did not appear to cast a shadow, despite evidently having one, when you tried to touch it?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #627 on: January 07, 2011, 05:59:39 AM »
>"Yes, that much has been made clear by what I've seen over the last few days. I admit that a lot of it has been rather outside my prior experience."
>"If I might ask, were you wanting to know why Bhava-Agra did not appear to cast a shadow, despite evidently having one, when you tried to touch it?"

>She's silent for a few moments, then nods.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #628 on: January 07, 2011, 06:02:47 AM »
> "That one, I think I might be able to answer for you. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I may have an idea. There is one important detail that can help us, though. Where exactly did you touch to make Bhava-Agra fall?"
> The differences between Bhava-Agra, Gensokyo and Makai were defined as "spiritual", correct?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 06:06:37 AM by Kilgamayan »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #629 on: January 07, 2011, 06:13:15 AM »
> "That one, I think I might be able to answer for you. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I may have an idea. There is one important detail that can help us, though. Where exactly did you touch to make Bhava-Agra fall?"
> The differences between Bhava-Agra, Gensokyo and Makai were defined as "spiritual", correct?

>"I was under it," she says, looking at you a furrowed brow. "Why?"
>There seems to be both geographical and spiritual aspects to them.

>_