Author Topic: Iku Quest Sedem: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 58754 times)

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
Re: Iku Quest Sedem: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #390 on: December 31, 2010, 05:12:01 AM »
> "Then clearly I need to work quickly. Out of pure curiosity - this is not a threat at all - what would you do if your coat ripped down the front?"
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #391 on: December 31, 2010, 05:25:23 AM »
> "Then clearly I need to work quickly. Out of pure curiosity - this is not a threat at all - what would you do if your coat ripped down the front?"

>"I'd be upset," she says, narrowing her eyes a bit.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #392 on: December 31, 2010, 05:30:30 AM »
Going to bed. May pop in off and on if I can't sleep, but no guarantees. Sorry if your game is quiet for a while, Purvis.

My current idea is to go through the necessities of life with the Brock Inspector, such as torn clothes, sickness, injury, boredom, and anything else I can think of. All of them will be things that require social interaction to solve, or at least require an object born of social interaction, like that book. Eventually she'll either have to force herself into a miserable corner of a life, or she'll have to admit that self-exposure isn't always a bad thing.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #393 on: December 31, 2010, 05:33:56 AM »
> "Of course you would be. I would be too. Certainly we will agree that unwanted self-exposure of the particularly personal parts of the body is a very bad thing. But what would you do about it? How would you fix the problem?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #394 on: December 31, 2010, 05:40:38 AM »
> "Of course you would be. I would be too. Certainly we will agree that unwanted self-exposure of the particularly personal parts of the body is a very bad thing. But what would you do about it? How would you fix the problem?"

>"I'd have to fix it," she says.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #395 on: December 31, 2010, 05:42:21 AM »
> "And where would the resources and knowledge to do so come from?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #396 on: December 31, 2010, 05:52:41 AM »
> "And where would the resources and knowledge to do so come from?"

>"Where do you think they'd come from?" she says. "I'd find the resources and figure it out myself."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #397 on: December 31, 2010, 07:34:49 AM »
> "I think the resources would come from another person, and that you would need to purchase them somehow, or otherwise exchange a favor."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #398 on: December 31, 2010, 07:39:20 AM »
> "I think the resources would come from another person, and that you would need to purchase them somehow, or otherwise exchange a favor."

>"I just need to find them, or make them," she says.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #399 on: December 31, 2010, 07:59:54 AM »
> "Finding them may be easy enough, but getting to them? They will be locked away, impossible to get to without causing a good amount of property damage to their owner's house or business, and generating a lot of attention that even I would agree is negative. This is, of course, assuming you could even discover who had the resources in the first place without asking around for information. Or you could hope to find everything you need and then simply figure out how to do it yourself through blind trial and error, but were the craft that easy to both learn and gather supplies for, many more would know how to do it than those that do, and it would not be a salable commodity. I myself have been alive for several hundreds of years, and I do not know how to do it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #400 on: December 31, 2010, 08:10:16 AM »
> "Finding them may be easy enough, but getting to them? They will be locked away, impossible to get to without causing a good amount of property damage to their owner's house or business, and generating a lot of attention that even I would agree is negative. This is, of course, assuming you could even discover who had the resources in the first place without asking around for information. Or you could hope to find everything you need and then simply figure out how to do it yourself through blind trial and error, but were the craft that easy to both learn and gather supplies for, many more would know how to do it than those that do, and it would not be a salable commodity. I myself have been alive for several hundreds of years, and I do not know how to do it."

>"I'll find a way," she says.

>_

« Reply #401 on: December 31, 2010, 08:13:53 AM »
I don't think we're getting anywhere.

I think she needs a hug.
At which point, we shank her with the screwdriver. If you get what I mean.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #402 on: December 31, 2010, 08:24:08 AM »
The Dragon has shown us there is a way, and even given us a direction. We would be remiss to give up so quickly.

> "You would, hmm? When so many before you could not, and when situational analysis indicates you would not? I wonder about that."
> "But there is plenty more to life than repairing clothes. What if you fell physically ill? How would you solve that problem?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #403 on: December 31, 2010, 08:34:15 AM »
> "You would, hmm? When so many before you could not, and when situational analysis indicates you would not? I wonder about that."
> "But there is plenty more to life than repairing clothes. What if you fell physically ill? How would you solve that problem?"

>"I don't get sick," she says.

>_

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #404 on: December 31, 2010, 09:48:38 AM »
Just popping in to point out two things with that statement that could be useful, just to be sure.
1. How would we know that wthout anyone telling us?
2. Just the fact that she just told us might be possible to work on

Leaving these here just to be sure, as I'm no good at putting plans into words.
My first attempt at storywriting, looking for critique

Avatar schizophrenia? I don't know what you're talking about.

« Reply #405 on: December 31, 2010, 10:35:14 AM »
>If we think back on the impulse The Dragon conveyed to us, can we try to narrow down a more specific sense of what it meant? Was it a physical need? An emotional need? Was it a need unfulfilled? Was it a sense of need in the spectre itself or the concept more generally? Or can we simply not tell at all?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #406 on: December 31, 2010, 10:49:21 AM »
>If we think back on the impulse The Dragon conveyed to us, can we try to narrow down a more specific sense of what it meant? Was it a physical need? An emotional need? Was it a need unfulfilled? Was it a sense of need in the spectre itself or the concept more generally? Or can we simply not tell at all?

>You don't believe it was any more specific than what you originally felt.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #407 on: December 31, 2010, 05:26:34 PM »
> "Really? Hmm. Must be a natural biological advantage for a poltergeist. If not physical illness, then, what about physical injury? Again, not a threat, a curiosity."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #408 on: December 31, 2010, 06:36:41 PM »
>Maybe we should get somebody else to assist us?

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #409 on: December 31, 2010, 06:46:31 PM »
The thought of enlisting help occurred to me, but she wanted Tenshi to go away, and Tenshi knows more about her than pretty much everyone else, so I don't know how receptive she'd be to spilling so much information to someone she's never met before.

Although, we are headed toward the bamboo forest, and I imagine Mokou wouldn't give a shit about any personal details. I suppose we might be able to get those two togerher...if we could find Mokou reliably.

On a completely unrelated note, Draco, can you PM me the Brock Inspector name you came up with? I only remember the given name, not the family name.

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #410 on: December 31, 2010, 07:58:05 PM »
We're lightyears away from taming Brock.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #411 on: December 31, 2010, 10:12:12 PM »
> "Really? Hmm. Must be a natural biological advantage for a poltergeist. If not physical illness, then, what about physical injury? Again, not a threat, a curiosity."

>"I'd get better," she says.

>Maybe we should get somebody else to assist us?

>There would certainly be an advantage to having assistance. But at the same time, you're pretty sure she'd also regard that as betrayal with utmost bitterness.

>_

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #412 on: January 01, 2011, 01:23:07 AM »
Dropping out of stealth for a bit here.

Words are useless.  She needs to actually experience this.  Unless we do something incredibly un-Iku-like such as deliberately baiting Marisa, there is literally nothing we can do at the moment.  As much as it hurts, let her go for now.

What we can do is give Remilia a sorely-needed punting.  This serves two purposes.  The first is IC and quite understandable: the righteous liberation of Bhava-Agran citizens.

The second is meta as hell, and you can probably guess the general gist of it from my comment above.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

« Reply #413 on: January 01, 2011, 01:26:47 AM »
Without raising any other objections at the moment, I'm curious: how do you think that deliberately provoking a fight with Marisa helps our position with the spectre in any way?

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #414 on: January 01, 2011, 02:27:26 AM »
> "You would? You could naturally heal from a stab in the eye, or from a broken wrist?"

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #415 on: January 01, 2011, 02:55:16 AM »
Perhaps my choice of words was a bit off.  The desired outcome is not Marisa vs. Iku, though that will probably happen anyway.  What I was thinking of is Marisa, or more likely Reimu, vs. Brocko.  With us applying the metaphorical steel chair to Gensokyo's Finest when it becomes absolutely necessary.

Yes, I'm a monster, but it's the only thing I can think of.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #416 on: January 01, 2011, 03:32:01 AM »
> "You would? You could naturally heal from a stab in the eye, or from a broken wrist?"

>"There's not much you can do about the first one," she says. "But the second, I could deal with on my own. What're you getting at?"

« Reply #417 on: January 01, 2011, 03:46:09 AM »
>What do we know about poltergeist physiology, if anything?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #418 on: January 01, 2011, 03:47:26 AM »
>What do we know about poltergeist physiology, if anything?

>You've pretty much gone over the width and depth of your knowledge throughout the course of the past day.

>_

« Reply #419 on: January 01, 2011, 03:50:10 AM »
>Do we know whether they need to eat?
>Or sleep?
>They don't actually need to breathe, correct?