Author Topic: Iku Quest Sedem: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 58812 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Iku Quest Sedem: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #270 on: December 29, 2010, 10:26:35 PM »
> How often are we embarrassed by something in Bhava-Agra?
> What was one of the most embarrassing things that ever happened to us?
> How often do we get frustrated in Bhava-Agra to the point of demanding solitude, and is there any particular recent event where this happened?

>Not very often at all, and usually it's due to things such as Tenshi getting into a brawl with a pack of faeries.
>The thing that comes to mind instantly was when Yukari made a fool of you after you finished delivering your message during the scarlet weather incident.
>Not often, really. Things tend to go pretty well for you. Celestials generally don't shirk duties or cause a fuss. Tenshi has periodically made banging your head on the wall seem appealing, though.

> How important is tolerance to Bhavagran teachings?

>As enlightenment is ultimately a personal issue and believed to be something anyone in the human realm of being can achieve, it's quite important to accept others as not be too hard on them for their failings. Samsara is rough on everyone.

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #271 on: December 29, 2010, 10:32:40 PM »
> "I'm saying that, even though I enjoy being extroverted, I can understand the desire to be introverted to such a degree, and in fact have enjoyed such solitude and secret-keeping in my time. Each has their own benefits to me, and I can appreciate both."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #272 on: December 29, 2010, 10:39:11 PM »
> "I'm saying that, even though I enjoy being extroverted, I can understand the desire to be introverted to such a degree, and in fact have enjoyed such solitude and secret-keeping in my time. Each has their own benefits to me, and I can appreciate both."

>"How could you possible enjoy ripping out parts of yourself and shoving them in other people's faces?" says the Poltergeist. "It's horrifying! How can you even live with yourself?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #273 on: December 29, 2010, 11:30:54 PM »
> "Hmm. Well, that depends. I think I mostly understand where you're coming from, but there's a notable detail I'm still not sure on. When one exposes themselves, is it embarrassing for that person, or embarrassing for the people to whom they expose themselves?"
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #274 on: December 29, 2010, 11:44:39 PM »
> "Hmm. Well, that depends. I think I mostly understand where you're coming from, but there's a notable detail I'm still not sure on. When one exposes themselves, is it embarrassing for that person, or embarrassing for the people to whom they expose themselves?"

>"It's not just embarrassing," she says. "It's disgusting! Horrible! It's...not something you can live with."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #275 on: December 30, 2010, 12:10:44 AM »
> "To be honest, I've never really thought about it in the terms you've described. I apologize for being so difficult in that regard. But I would at least like to take a stab at it."
> "I...guess I don't really think of it as ripping out a part of myself. Like, say, my name. I told you my name earlier, but I don't feel like it's any less a part of me than it was before."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #276 on: December 30, 2010, 12:27:25 AM »
> "To be honest, I've never really thought about it in the terms you've described. I apologize for being so difficult in that regard. But I would at least like to take a stab at it."
> "I...guess I don't really think of it as ripping out a part of myself. Like, say, my name. I told you my name earlier, but I don't feel like it's any less a part of me than it was before."

>"It's not even something you think about," she says, "It's something that is. It's like how you don't think about that stream, it's just there."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #277 on: December 30, 2010, 12:30:24 AM »
> "Yeah, I can understand it that way. Like having hands, or sharing tea after a danmaku battle."
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 12:35:47 AM by Kilgamayan »

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #278 on: December 30, 2010, 12:42:09 AM »
> "Yeah, I can understand it that way. Like having hands, or sharing tea after a danmaku battle."

>She nods at first, then kind of frowns at the second a little.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #279 on: December 30, 2010, 12:49:26 AM »
> Put a hand to our mouth for a couple of seconds, then drop it a little bit, enough so that our mouth is uncovered.
> "Oh...I guess you wouldn't have known about that."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #280 on: December 30, 2010, 01:05:28 AM »
> Put a hand to our mouth for a couple of seconds, then drop it a little bit, enough so that our mouth is uncovered.
> "Oh...I guess you wouldn't have known about that."

>"It makes sense, I guess..." she says. "I never thought about it until now. Just...."
>She shakes her head in what you assume is mild revulsion.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #281 on: December 30, 2010, 01:11:56 AM »
> "Well, we can cross that bridge when we come to it."
> What is our favorite kind of tea?
> "But I'm curious about something, then. You just told me your name several minutes ago, and you don't seem to be full of self-loathing about it to me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #282 on: December 30, 2010, 01:47:46 AM »
> "Well, we can cross that bridge when we come to it."
> What is our favorite kind of tea?
> "But I'm curious about something, then. You just told me your name several minutes ago, and you don't seem to be full of self-loathing about it to me."

>She frowns moreso.
>There's far too many to pick a favorite.
>"I am," she says. "But I'll fix it."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #283 on: December 30, 2010, 01:54:17 AM »
> "And what about the circumstances surrounding your coming to be?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #284 on: December 30, 2010, 01:56:03 AM »
> "And what about the circumstances surrounding your coming to be?"

>"Huh?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #285 on: December 30, 2010, 02:00:56 AM »
> "I assume you have heard the stories about yourself from others at this point. But how much do you know about why poltergeists in general come to be?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #286 on: December 30, 2010, 02:05:03 AM »
> "I assume you have heard the stories about yourself from others at this point. But how much do you know about why poltergeists in general come to be?"

>"Not really..." she says. "Kind of."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #287 on: December 30, 2010, 02:11:47 AM »
> "Well, to put it simply, when enough people share a strong enough, deep enough belief in an idea, the force of will behind that belief manifests itself as a poltergeist, who exists to be the idea so strongly believed in. I've been around the Gensokyo block a few times, and I'm still very surprised that a consciousness can be created through sheer force of will, but such is the way of things."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #288 on: December 30, 2010, 02:16:42 AM »
> "Well, to put it simply, when enough people share a strong enough, deep enough belief in an idea, the force of will behind that belief manifests itself as a poltergeist, who exists to be the idea so strongly believed in. I've been around the Gensokyo block a few times, and I'm still very surprised that a consciousness can be created through sheer force of will, but such is the way of things."

>She nods a bit.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #289 on: December 30, 2010, 02:22:20 AM »
> "Before I continue, by the way, I hope you don't feel like I'm trying to trivialize your existence. I don't think you feel that way, but I want to be sure regardless. Since, as I'm sure you've seen for yourself, you've taken the idea that you represent and given yourself a personality, complete with likes, dislikes and curiosities like anyone else. The circumstances surrounding your coming to be don't make you any less of a person than anyone else."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #290 on: December 30, 2010, 02:42:43 AM »
> "Before I continue, by the way, I hope you don't feel like I'm trying to trivialize your existence. I don't think you feel that way, but I want to be sure regardless. Since, as I'm sure you've seen for yourself, you've taken the idea that you represent and given yourself a personality, complete with likes, dislikes and curiosities like anyone else. The circumstances surrounding your coming to be don't make you any less of a person than anyone else."

>"Good," she says.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #291 on: December 30, 2010, 03:00:49 AM »
> "Now. You've seen the large number of people wandering around the forest, explicitly searching for you. Not that you enjoy thinking about it and not that I enjoy reminding you of it, but it's necessary to make the point. Think about how this all must have started. A few people saw something strange and believed in you as a result. They tell some friends, who many have also seen something strange, or may just be willing to believe there's something out there, and then they tell their friends, and suddenly there's a large mass of people, all believing you exist. All believing very deeply that you must be out there, hiding somewhere. And as a result of all that belief, you did exist, you were out there, hiding somewhere."
> "In essence, you came to be because a large number of people shared deep personal beliefs with each other. Beliefs that were wrong when the believers first held them, no less, which shulde demonstrate the magnitude of belief it took those people to share them with others. All these people exposed themselves to one another, willing to work together, willing to learn together, willing to believe together, and you were born as a result."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #292 on: December 30, 2010, 03:37:04 AM »
> "Now. You've seen the large number of people wandering around the forest, explicitly searching for you. Not that you enjoy thinking about it and not that I enjoy reminding you of it, but it's necessary to make the point. Think about how this all must have started. A few people saw something strange and believed in you as a result. They tell some friends, who many have also seen something strange, or may just be willing to believe there's something out there, and then they tell their friends, and suddenly there's a large mass of people, all believing you exist. All believing very deeply that you must be out there, hiding somewhere. And as a result of all that belief, you did exist, you were out there, hiding somewhere."
> "In essence, you came to be because a large number of people shared deep personal beliefs with each other. Beliefs that were wrong when the believers first held them, no less, which shulde demonstrate the magnitude of belief it took those people to share them with others. All these people exposed themselves to one another, willing to work together, willing to learn together, willing to believe together, and you were born as a result."

>"I don't think you could have summed it up in a more depraved way," she mutters.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #293 on: December 30, 2010, 03:41:39 AM »
> Shrug.
> "It's still what it is. And, if anything, that would probably be the best example of how self-exposure can be a good thing; that enough of it from enough people can create life, the most beautiful and precious thing there is."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #294 on: December 30, 2010, 03:44:46 AM »
> Shrug.
> "It's still what it is. And, if anything, that would probably be the best example of how self-exposure can be a good thing; that enough of it from enough people can create life, the most beautiful and precious thing there is."

>"No..." she mutters, no longer looking at you. "It means I shouldn't even be here..."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #295 on: December 30, 2010, 03:57:20 AM »
Uh oh.

> "But you ARE here. How can not existing be right and existing be wrong? How is that fair to you?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #296 on: December 30, 2010, 04:05:46 AM »
> "But you ARE here. How can not existing be right and existing be wrong? How is that fair to you?"

>"Don't bother," she says, "You were right the first time. I'm not sure it can be helped..."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #297 on: December 30, 2010, 04:07:49 AM »
> Right the first time? What could she mean?
> What emotion is her face portraying?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #298 on: December 30, 2010, 04:16:40 AM »
> Right the first time? What could she mean?
> What emotion is her face portraying?

>It's hard to know what she means.
>She definitely seems troubled.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #299 on: December 30, 2010, 04:17:09 AM »
> Slightly confused look.
> "What? What was I right about?"