Author Topic: Iku Quest Sedem: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 58864 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Iku Quest Sedem: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #180 on: December 29, 2010, 01:21:17 AM »
>"I do want to help. From the bottom of my heart, I swear that I do. But I'll be the first to admit that I'm not fully sure how. I wish that I were. Knowing nothing but a life of being hunted is a terrible thing, and no one deserves that. I want to help you find a way to feel peace and safety in your own life. A way that doesn't involve harming anyone else. I want to help you learn about the world and find a comfortable place in it. To realize that people do not mean you harm, and might even wish you kindness, if only this cycle were broken."
>"But I also want to help Nitori and Kogasa and Bhava-Agra, and I refuse to believe there is no solution where we cannot all walk away from this happier than we are now."

>"I know my what my place is," she says. "I've been trying to secure it, as much as people like you have done everything you can to take it from me."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #181 on: December 29, 2010, 01:38:07 AM »
> Sigh.
> "Okay. Maybe I can clear something up. When we first met, what made you think I was trying to expose you?"
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #182 on: December 29, 2010, 01:46:49 AM »
> Sigh.
> "Okay. Maybe I can clear something up. When we first met, what made you think I was trying to expose you?"

>"You were following me, you admitted it was so," she says. "From the very beginning, the first things you said were trying to expose me. And you knew, didn't you?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #183 on: December 29, 2010, 01:51:31 AM »
> "I was following the tracks I could find, and I knew that you were in the area. I was hoping you might know something about the missing shadows. Especially after we found Kogasa. I was hoping that maybe you'd seen who was responsible. But no, I did not know who you were at the time, because I did not pay much attention to the Brocken Spectre mystery, and I tend to be slightly behind the times in general. I only realized it afterward, when several coincidences clicked."
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 01:57:08 AM by Kilgamayan »

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #184 on: December 29, 2010, 02:05:21 AM »
> "I was following the tracks I could find, and I knew that you were in the area. I was hoping you might know something about the missing shadows. Especially after we found Kogasa. I was hoping that maybe you'd seen who was responsible. But no, I did not know who you were at the time, because I did not pay much attention to the Brocken Spectre mystery, and I tend to be slightly behind the times in general. I only realized it afterward, when several coincidences clicked."

>"None of that matters," she says. "You asked why and I answered. It is your fault for following me and trying to expose me."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #185 on: December 29, 2010, 02:10:31 AM »
> "You claim I was trying to expose you and then say it doesn't matter that I didn't know who you were?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #186 on: December 29, 2010, 02:11:51 AM »
> "You claim I was trying to expose you and then say it doesn't matter that I didn't know who you were?"

>"It's why you were trying," she says.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #187 on: December 29, 2010, 02:14:45 AM »
> "So...you ruined my home and the homes of hundreds of others, people you had never met and had no idea you even existed...and it's their fault for trying to find out why their home was ruined?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #188 on: December 29, 2010, 02:17:04 AM »
> "So...you ruined my home and the homes of hundreds of others, people you had never met and had no idea you even existed...and it's their fault for trying to find out why their home was ruined?"

>"You didn't have to bother me, but you did," she says.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #189 on: December 29, 2010, 02:19:00 AM »
> "You didn't have to bother us, but you did."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #190 on: December 29, 2010, 02:23:00 AM »
> "You didn't have to bother us, but you did."

>"I never tried to expose you!" she says. "Don't even try to compare the things you've done to me!"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #191 on: December 29, 2010, 02:24:37 AM »
> "Really? Have you done any research into what the fall of the islands has done to its inhabitants?"
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 02:26:54 AM by Kilgamayan »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #192 on: December 29, 2010, 02:29:46 AM »
> "Really? Have you done any research into what the fall of the islands has done to its inhabitants?"

>"I leave you alone," she says. "Which is much more than you've done for me!"

>_

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #193 on: December 29, 2010, 02:40:01 AM »
>Have we ever got a straight answer why she didn't want to be exposed?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #194 on: December 29, 2010, 02:42:01 AM »
> "I will tell you, then."
> Hold our right arm up and bent so that our hand is near our shoulder, in preparation to start counting a list with our fingers. Extend the index finger straight up.
> "The fall itself caused plenty of physical injuries. From what I recall, these ranged from cuts, bruises and sores to sprains to broken bones and internal injuries to people getting knocked unconscious, and it wouldn't surprise me if a few concussions were thrown in as well. Of course, this ignores all the damage to our buildings, such as houses.
> Keeping our index finger extended, extend our middle finger.
> "The fall almost completely destroyed the orchards. The year's crop of peaches has been mostly ruined. There is not enough left to sustain the people of Bhava-Agra through the winter."
> Extend our ring finger while keeping the first two fingers up.
> "The ground-dwelling citizens of Gensokyo assumed we were responsible for the fall of the islands and took it as a sign of invasion. They started fighting us. Most notable for this is the muscular witch in black and white that you may have seen in your travels. She has single-handedly caused further injury to dozens of innocent, non-combatant celestials, assuming they were part of some invading force that doesn't exist. Other skirmishes were only resolved through the peace offerings of peaches, further dwindling our already scant supply."
> Extent our pinky finger while keeping the first three fingers up.
> "And then there are the celestials whose islands were near the Scarlet Devil Mansion, more non-combatant innocents. They were attacked by its inhabitants, and after they lost said fight, they were enslaved to work for the vampire in charge of the mansion as lowly maids."
> Wiggle our right hand a little bit.
> "Our people have lost their food, their well-being, their trustworthiness and even sometimes their freedom because of the fall of our islands. These are people who live in peace, high above the clouds, not bothering anyone. People who had no idea you existed. People who still have no idea you exist, outside of myself and Tenshi. These people did nothing to deserve what befell them yesterday, and they will not survive like this."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #195 on: December 29, 2010, 02:53:26 AM »
>Have we ever got a straight answer why she didn't want to be exposed?

>You suspect she finds it extremely unpleasant. But she's never directly said why this is bad.

> "I will tell you, then."
> Hold our right arm up and bent so that our hand is near our shoulder, in preparation to start counting a list with our fingers. Extend the index finger straight up.
> "The fall itself caused plenty of physical injuries. From what I recall, these ranged from cuts, bruises and sores to sprains to broken bones and internal injuries to people getting knocked unconscious, and it wouldn't surprise me if a few concussions were thrown in as well. Of course, this ignores all the damage to our buildings, such as houses.
> Keeping our index finger extended, extend our middle finger.
> "The fall almost completely destroyed the orchards. The year's crop of peaches has been mostly ruined. There is not enough left to sustain the people of Bhava-Agra through the winter."
> Extend our ring finger while keeping the first two fingers up.
> "The ground-dwelling citizens of Gensokyo assumed we were responsible for the fall of the islands and took it as a sign of invasion. They started fighting us. Most notable for this is the muscular witch in black and white that you may have seen in your travels. She has single-handedly caused further injury to dozens of innocent, non-combatant celestials, assuming they were part of some invading force that doesn't exist. Other skirmishes were only resolved through the peace offerings of peaches, further dwindling our already scant supply."
> Extent our pinky finger while keeping the first three fingers up.
> "And then there are the celestials whose islands were near the Scarlet Devil Mansion, more non-combatant innocents. They were attacked by its inhabitants, and after they lost said fight, they were enslaved to work for the vampire in charge of the mansion as lowly maids."
> Wiggle our right hand a little bit.
> "Our people have lost their food, their well-being, their trustworthiness and even sometimes their freedom because of the fall of our islands. These are people who live in peace, high above the clouds, not bothering anyone. People who had no idea you existed. People who still have no idea you exist, outside of myself and Tenshi. These people did nothing to deserve what befell them yesterday, and they will not survive like this."

>"That may be a problem for you," she says, "but it doesn't compare! I left them alone. Which is much more than you ever did!"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #196 on: December 29, 2010, 02:55:03 AM »
> "Physical injury, starvation, suspicion and slavery of dozens of people do not compare to something you said you want to do? Not even need to do, but want to do?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #197 on: December 29, 2010, 02:58:46 AM »
> "Physical injury, starvation, suspicion and slavery of dozens of people do not compare to something you said you want to do? Not even need to do, but want to do?"

>"I'm trying to keep you people from exposing me!" she shouts. "How can you even say anything to me after what you've been doing to me!"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #198 on: December 29, 2010, 03:05:36 AM »
> "It is for the same reason I have been patient with you, and will continue to be patient with you, and not even be mad at you, despite you being responsible for Bhava-Agra's current state of affairs."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #199 on: December 29, 2010, 03:16:04 AM »
> "It is for the same reason I have been patient with you, and will continue to be patient with you, and not even be mad at you, despite you being responsible for Bhava-Agra's current state of affairs."

>"I should hope so!" she cries. "How can you possibly be upset with me after all the things you've done!? Do you have any idea how hard I have to restrain myself to keep from taking your shadow right now!?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #200 on: December 29, 2010, 03:47:34 AM »
> "I can imagine it is indeed taking a great deal of restraint on your part, and I do appreciate your willingness to hear me out as much as you have. But you're trying to have it both ways, just as I was when I tried to give you your book back."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #201 on: December 29, 2010, 03:53:54 AM »
> "I can imagine it is indeed taking a great deal of restraint on your part, and I do appreciate your willingness to hear me out as much as you have. But you're trying to have it both ways, just as I was when I tried to give you your book back."

>You imagine The Dragon must be very pleased with you right now.
>"What?" she says.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #202 on: December 29, 2010, 04:11:20 AM »
> "When I tried to give you your book back, I knew what I was doing was innocent, but I offered it back in a manner that kept myself in a tactically favorable position, but would require you to take a tactically unfavorable position to retrieve it. I presume it is why you initially refused to take it. I was not being fair to you, to ask you to do something I was not willing to do myself. This is what is meant by 'trying to have it both ways'. I realized I had to give some to get some, which is why I volunteered to turn around, and then later followed your directions."
> "The situation now is similar in concept. You feel I have wronged you greatly, and this is why you are as angry with me as you are, despite my not knowing who you were in our first encounter, nor bearing any ill will toward you at any time. Other than our fight, if you wish to count that, though I do not, not as anything more than a technicality. Anyway, one can judge for themselves if my being uninformed about your situation is enough to justify how you have been wronged. At the same time, you did not know the celestials, nor did you bear them any ill will, but all the same, your actions lead to great devastation of their land and livelihoods, as I have described. One can, again, judge for themselves if your being uninformed about their situation is enough to justify how you have wronged them."
> "Whatever choice is the correct one is for people to debate until the end of time. A problem arises, however, when one judges in favor of the uninformed individual in one case, and then in favor of the wronged party on the other case. This is 'trying to have it both ways'. You wish to judge me as wrong for what I have done to you without accepting responsibility for what you did to my people."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #203 on: December 29, 2010, 04:14:49 AM »
> "When I tried to give you your book back, I knew what I was doing was innocent, but I offered it back in a manner that kept myself in a tactically favorable position, but would require you to take a tactically unfavorable position to retrieve it. I presume it is why you initially refused to take it. I was not being fair to you, to ask you to do something I was not willing to do myself. This is what is meant by 'trying to have it both ways'. I realized I had to give some to get some, which is why I volunteered to turn around, and then later followed your directions."
> "The situation now is similar in concept. You feel I have wronged you greatly, and this is why you are as angry with me as you are, despite my not knowing who you were in our first encounter, nor bearing any ill will toward you at any time. Other than our fight, if you wish to count that, though I do not, not as anything more than a technicality. Anyway, one can judge for themselves if my being uninformed about your situation is enough to justify how you have been wronged. At the same time, you did not know the celestials, nor did you bear them any ill will, but all the same, your actions lead to great devastation of their land and livelihoods, as I have described. One can, again, judge for themselves if your being uninformed about their situation is enough to justify how you have wronged them."
> "Whatever choice is the correct one is for people to debate until the end of time. A problem arises, however, when one judges in favor of the uninformed individual in one case, and then in favor of the wronged party on the other case. This is 'trying to have it both ways'. You wish to judge me as wrong for what I have done to you without accepting responsibility for what you did to my people."

>"You're trying to compare that to exposing me," she says. "I don't "think" you've wronged me. You have. There is no question about it. Perhaps your home was damaged, that can't be helped. Stop trying to act as though it is the same as what you did to me, what you keep trying to do to me. They do not compare."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #204 on: December 29, 2010, 04:17:49 AM »
> "I agree that they do not compare, but I suspect I agree in a much different way. I will again raise the question. Are you really trying to claim that livelihood needs for dozens of people are not as important as the livelihood want of one individual?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #205 on: December 29, 2010, 04:32:25 AM »
> "I agree that they do not compare, but I suspect I agree in a much different way. I will again raise the question. Are you really trying to claim that livelihood needs for dozens of people are not as important as the livelihood want of one individual?"

>"Are you trying to insist any of that even begins to match with exposing someone," she asks in turn, giving you a foul look, "then exposing her to others?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #206 on: December 29, 2010, 04:39:24 AM »
> Has she moved at all?
> How close is our shadow to her?
> "Without knowing why someone wishes to hide themselves? I would assume, in a vacuum, that discovery is preferable to severe injury, starvation and slavery. I might be convinced otherwise, though, if I knew that very important why."

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #207 on: December 29, 2010, 04:52:15 AM »
> Clarification request.

>"I am Brocken Spectre," she says. "Don't you get it? That's who I am. You keep trying to say I'm someone else, and you're wrong. Stop saying it!"

> Is this really meant to be "I am Brocken Spectre", or should it be "I am the Brocken Spectre"? I don't like picking on potential typos, but the distinction is important.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #208 on: December 29, 2010, 05:01:54 AM »
> Has she moved at all?
> How close is our shadow to her?
> "Without knowing why someone wishes to hide themselves? I would assume, in a vacuum, that discovery is preferable to severe injury, starvation and slavery. I might be convinced otherwise, though, if I knew that very important why."

>She has not moved appreciably yet.
>Your shadow is fairly close to her.
>She glares at you, then shakes her head. "There is no way to express it to you, even if I wanted to."

> Clarification request.

> Is this really meant to be "I am Brocken Spectre", or should it be "I am the Brocken Spectre"? I don't like picking on potential typos, but the distinction is important.

>It's cool in cases like this. There is no the.
>Also: I'm you dyslexic fuck.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #209 on: December 29, 2010, 05:10:51 AM »
> Our shadow is still close? Even after we took several steps back?
> "You won't know until you try. I ask because I'm genuinely curious. I've been around a long time, and met many people, and you are the first individual I have ever known that has wanted to keep themselves hidden with such ferocity. But before we go further into it, I believe I owe you something important."
> Put on a solemn expression. If our hands and arms are still somewhere abnormal, return them to a rested position.
> "For whatever reasons you may have for hiding, for whatever reasons I had for doing it, and for whatever good it will do, I have clearly hurt you by telling other people about you. For this, I am sorry."