Author Topic: SA not opening  (Read 2529 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
SA not opening
« on: December 25, 2010, 04:24:47 PM »
I got Subterranean Animism (and Immaterial and Missing Power) for Christmas.  My computer is a Windows 7, and I'm assuming it's a x64 since I was able to install Zoo Tycoon with no problems.  I have DirectX, and changed my locale to Japanese.  Both copies of SA and IaMP are in Japanese, but I haven't installed any English patches.

I installed SA first.  Everything seemed to be going fine, but when I clicked on the desktop icon after the installation was finished, this came up:

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3373/whatisthisx.png

I'm not sure what I did wrong.  If I could get some help as to what's wrong and what I should do to fix it, I'd be really grateful.  I don't really want to run into this problem when I install IaMP.  Thanks in advance.

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Udongein

Re: SA not opening
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 04:45:12 PM »
I've had this problem a lot myself.

It can't write the .cfg file that it needs. Either remove the read-only attribute on the folder (right click on the folder in C:/Program Files/whatever the SA directory is [iirc it's moonrunes for Team Shanghai Alice/Touhou Chireiden], click Properties and uncheck the box marked Read Only) or just run SA as an admin.

That seemed to work for me.

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 04:58:45 PM »
Turn User Account Control off, doing so seems to fix most people's problems when running games on vista/seven.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 04:59:58 PM »
I got it to work!  Thank you so much ^-^

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 10:06:30 PM »
I'll just put this here.

I had this problem yesterday with MoF, and the log appeared. So I deleted (moved) the log file, then it did it anyway (and made a new log file) So I deleted (moved) the log and the .cfg files. It still did the same thing.
In the end, I checked the task manager for running processes. Th10.exe was actually still running, though the game wasn't open at all. Ended it and opened the game and all was good.

Just leaving this here for anyone else who has this problem.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>