Author Topic: Iku Quest Cztery: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 68912 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Iku Quest Cztery: A Z-Machine Adventure
« on: November 20, 2010, 08:04:29 PM »
>You are Iku Nagae, Gensokyo's premier messenger and dancer, and the sky has fallen!
>You do not know how, or why, but Bhava-Arga has fallen from the sky and now hovers scant yards over the surface of Gensokyo. This has caused numerous problems. On top of this, Tenshi has run off after stealing the Sword of Hisou. This has made her a primary suspect in the eyes of many. including yourself at one point.
>You are an oarfish youkai in service to the Dragon Palace. As a resident of Bhava-Agra, you bear a status similar to that of a Celestial, and are considered a minor functionary in the Celestial Bureaucracy that makes certain the known universe runs as it should, with all the rights privileges, and duties that come with this position. You are in the service of The Dragon, who reigns quietly as the highest god of this realm, and is among the highest beings in the universe. It regards you well, and you think of it as a guardian.
>While your duties and position suggest your place is in Bhava-Agra, you have a tendency to roam to other places. You somewhat blame this on Tenshi Hinanai, whom you have unfortunately been charged with keeping out of significant trouble, and her tendency to visit Gensokyo whenever possible. You are well-know for your love of dance, and excellence in performing it; oftentimes you've been asked to star in performances given at the Dragon Palace. Others have styled you the Dance Empress, particularly those who would try to claim that title for themselves. You are, as far as you know, well regarded by everyone you know and are welcome practically anywhere in Gensokyo, save perhaps for Higan. The only real black spot in your days is periodically having to deal with Tenshi's chicanery.
>You have been tasked by The Dragon in dealing with this incident. You have taken some stock of the damage surrounding the fall. You have found that Bhava-Agra's food supply has been badly affected by these events; you defeated a tsuchinoko on Minoirko's behalf in hopes of alleviating this. You have delivered messages for Patchouli. You have had bad run ins with Marisa and Reimu; and nearly had one with Sanae. You have found Tenshi hiding in the Ancient City, became convinced of her innocence, convinced her to join you, and have had several spats with her. You've been hearing a lot about a search for some thing called the Brocken Spectre. You've learned that Yamame is apparently missing. You've been given a hit list by Yuugi. You've released Aya from prison after a rather confused encounter. You've discovered that the islands of Bhava-Agra do not cast proper shadows; nor does Nitori, who is now practically dead to the world.
>You are now leaving the jail in tengu town, while arguing with Tenshi over who is the real pervert following that episode.

> "C'mon, let's get to Yukari's before we get shanked."

>"Okay, fine," says Tenshi. "But you're still really weird."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Iku Quest Cztery: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 08:20:36 PM »
> Does Aya's camera have a lens cap? If so, put it on.
> If Aya's camera is not powered down, power it down.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 08:22:09 PM »
> Does Aya's camera have a lens cap? If so, put it on.
> If Aya's camera is not powered down, power it down.

>It does not.
>You reverse the steps she showed you and turn it off.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 08:22:51 PM »
> Is the lens at least covered while the power is off?

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 08:37:23 PM »
> Is the lens at least covered while the power is off?

>No.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 08:51:53 PM »
> Take flight and head toward Yukari's.
> Is the camera at least small enough to put in our purse without risking damage to either? If so, put the camera in our purse and seal the purse as best can be done.
> If there are no interruptions, a minute or so into the flight, say "Hey, Tenshi?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 08:57:29 PM »
> Take flight and head toward Yukari's.
> Is the camera at least small enough to put in our purse without risking damage to either? If so, put the camera in our purse and seal the purse as best can be done.
> If there are no interruptions, a minute or so into the flight, say "Hey, Tenshi?"

>You take to the air and begin flying toward the Yakumo Household once more.
>You are able to fit the camera into your purse well enough. It might not hurt to get some cloth to wrap it in, if you intend to put many other things in it.
>"Huh?" says Tenshi, glancing over toward you.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 09:04:42 PM »
> "What's your life philosophy?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 09:09:50 PM »
> "What's your life philosophy?"

>"...I don't know?" says Tenshi, frowning.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 09:14:33 PM »
> "Well, let's try breaking it down. What things are important to you? They can be people, objects, concepts, anything."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 09:20:16 PM »
> "Well, let's try breaking it down. What things are important to you? They can be people, objects, concepts, anything."

>"What?" Tenshi says. "Why are you being so weird?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 09:25:52 PM »
> "I'm not trying to be weird, I'm trying to learn more about you. I want to be closer to you as a friend."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 09:28:22 PM »
> "I'm not trying to be weird, I'm trying to learn more about you. I want to be closer to you as a friend."

>"Who wants to be friends with someone so weird?" asks Tenshi, scowling a bit. "Maybe if you acted a bit more natural or something, geez..."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2010, 09:37:17 PM »
> "Come now. What I have done today I have done in the interest of helping our people. And I'm certainly not proud of some of it, especially not what just transpired...to be perfectly honest, I'm disgusted with myself for some of the things I thought of in that room. But desperate times call for desperate measures, and our people are in desperate times."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2010, 09:55:33 PM »
> "Come now. What I have done today I have done in the interest of helping our people. And I'm certainly not proud of some of it, especially not what just transpired...to be perfectly honest, I'm disgusted with myself for some of the things I thought of in that room. But desperate times call for desperate measures, and our people are in desperate times."

>"...Okay, but still," says Tenshi. "No one just asks that kind of thing out of nowhere. It's weird. And I don't think you were bothered by that stuff nearly as much as you're saying, anyways."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2010, 10:16:48 PM »
> "A proper delivery was necessary to at least try to convince Aya I was being serious. But I think I see what you may be getting at."
> "What I was truthfully most disgusted with myself for was my intentions. We've both suffered indignities at her hands, and that was definitely on my mind when you first said her name. She was right; I did have revenge in mind. I wanted to humiliate her, just as she had humiliated us. That drive combined with the dire straits our people are in, and..."
> Look away.
> "I...I was going to blackmail her into doing what I wanted her to do. Something as petty, as disgusting as blackmail had crossed my mind, and I was actually entertaining it."
> Pause momentarily.
> "When I realized what was going on, that was all I could think about. How terrible it was. How disappointed the Dragon would be in me, should he ever find out. Next to that, the fact that I had just ordered a fellow woman to strip naked in front of me was barely even registering. Especially since she put up no fuss about it."
> "So...yes, I think you are right to a degree. I had a naked tengu in front of me, at my request, and it didn't bother me as much as it should have. For what it is worth, however, I would say, in my defense, that I was preoccupied with something worse."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2010, 10:23:50 PM »
> "A proper delivery was necessary to at least try to convince Aya I was being serious. But I think I see what you may be getting at."
> "What I was truthfully most disgusted with myself for was my intentions. We've both suffered indignities at her hands, and that was definitely on my mind when you first said her name. She was right; I did have revenge in mind. I wanted to humiliate her, just as she had humiliated us. That drive combined with the dire straits our people are in, and..."
> Look away.
> "I...I was going to blackmail her into doing what I wanted her to do. Something as petty, as disgusting as blackmail had crossed my mind, and I was actually entertaining it."
> Pause momentarily.
> "When I realized what was going on, that was all I could think about. How terrible it was. How disappointed the Dragon would be in me, should he ever find out. Next to that, the fact that I had just ordered a fellow woman to strip naked in front of me was barely even registering. Especially since she put up no fuss about it."
> "So...yes, I think you are right to a degree. I had a naked tengu in front of me, at my request, and it didn't bother me as much as it should have. For what it is worth, however, I would say, in my defense, that I was preoccupied with something worse."

>"Well, okay..." says Tenshi. "I mean, I guess I don't blame you for that too much. And it was kinda funny, looking back on it."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2010, 10:37:07 PM »
> Smile.
> "Yes, it is a bit amusing in retrospect. I bet she didn't wake up this morning expecting that to happen to her."
> "But still, I must apologize for happened in there. For however much I made you feel uncomfortable, Tenshi, I am truly sorry. It was not my intent."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2010, 10:53:10 PM »
> Smile.
> "Yes, it is a bit amusing in retrospect. I bet she didn't wake up this morning expecting that to happen to her."
> "But still, I must apologize for happened in there. For however much I made you feel uncomfortable, Tenshi, I am truly sorry. It was not my intent."

>"Don't worry about it, I guess," says Tenshi. "I guess it wasn't bad, just weird."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2010, 11:06:52 PM »
> Smile and nod.
> "Thank you. Hopefully I won't have to come to something like that again today."
> Did we ever tell Tenshi about Koakuma coming on to us?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2010, 11:19:19 PM »
> Smile and nod.
> "Thank you. Hopefully I won't have to come to something like that again today."
> Did we ever tell Tenshi about Koakuma coming on to us?

>She nods.
>You have told her. It's kinda weird she didn't bring it up.

>_
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 02:50:18 AM by Sapurvisat Niyazov »

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2010, 11:28:46 PM »
> "Is there anything else you wish to know?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2010, 11:37:45 PM »
> "Is there anything else you wish to know?"

>"Not really," says Tenshi.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2010, 11:40:58 PM »
> "May I ask my original question again, then? Or do you still find it uncomfortable?"
> What do we already know about Tenshi, anyway? We know she loves her family, dislikes being looked down upon, seems to like combat, and is, well, a bit slow at times. What other details have we gleaned in out time looking after her?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2010, 12:06:31 AM »
> "May I ask my original question again, then? Or do you still find it uncomfortable?"
> What do we already know about Tenshi, anyway? We know she loves her family, dislikes being looked down upon, seems to like combat, and is, well, a bit slow at times. What other details have we gleaned in out time looking after her?

>She shrugs. "...Guess I don't have a good answer for it."
>You're pretty sure that she's fairly competitive, which likely extends from her dislike at being looked down upon. You're pretty sure she takes a sort of joy in being contrary, which seems to extend into a lot of what she does. She's definitely proud. She honestly seems to enjoy what she does on the surface, which she describes as 'giving people point,and they put it in their faces'. She's also easy to taunt, but goading her has a tendency to backfire if she figures it out.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2010, 12:18:27 AM »
> Do we know what she does for a social life? Anyone she considers a friend?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2010, 12:45:51 AM »
> Do we know what she does for a social life? Anyone she considers a friend?

>She used to socialize with other celestials, but that came to a predictable end a while ago. You're pretty sure she has a few acquaintances in Gensokyo, particularly among the people in town, but you do not know how close. You suspect her tendency toward mischief likely impedes that.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2010, 01:11:10 AM »
> "I see."
> Pause.
> "That sounds like a challenge. I think we need to find one."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2010, 01:34:23 AM »
> "I see."
> Pause.
> "That sounds like a challenge. I think we need to find one."

>"Huh?" You are getting very used to Tenshi giving you confused looks today.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2010, 02:24:06 AM »
> "Find a good answer to the question for you."