Author Topic: Touhou Hack and Slash ~ is there English patch?  (Read 65320 times)

Re: Touhou Hack and Slash ~ is there English patch?
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2011, 05:20:18 PM »
Well we're using it.

To be honest, the only thing I need translated is the stat stuff, which is also in the .exe

This crap:
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/7017/translateplz.png

How do we edit that?

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2011, 06:23:17 PM »
If you translate it, I'll be able to edit it into the game through hex editing. Or wait, there's an earlier post with that already; I'll try putting it in now.

Edit: Err, silly me, those are just comments and the modifiers for values. Lemme look through the dxa files for the image.

Actually, did you write the encoding program? If not, where did you get it from?

Double Edit: How did you say you got the encoding to work again? It extracted under the img folder, and then I encoded, but it didn't work.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 08:41:59 PM by MrBigz »

« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2011, 11:21:00 PM »
Yeeeeah, encoding a .dxa and trying to use it with the game executable doesn't work. FlanP0P mentioned that in her post on DS.
I forgot to mention earlier~ You can use dxaencode and dxadecode for the .dxa files in the data folder.
When I used dxaencode to turn the folder back into a .dxa. The game refused to run~ So thats why I left
the img folder as it is now.
Hopefully someone can figure it out!

Just rename img.dxa to something like imgoriginal.dxa and load the translated img folder with all of it's contents where the img.dxa should be.
Like this:

It should work then.

Oh, I didn't make it, I just installed this then zipped the two executable files in the file I posted earlier: http://www.mediafire.com/?91m6mh495q7x7m2

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2011, 12:23:37 AM »
So, how's this for a first attempt ever at image editing game files? :D

http://imageshack.us/f/9/awsumy.png/

That's weird that it bypasses the dxa encoding, I guess the creator added that functionality just in case...or left it out by accident with improper coding.

« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2011, 02:20:51 AM »
Energy should be Intelligence imo.

And what about the partially translated img folder that I posted earlier that Flan made? ^^;

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2011, 02:25:03 AM »
Oh yeah, jeeze. I thought I downloaded it but I guess I didn't. I'll try implementing all those now.

And hey, you were the one who put in energy when you translated the stats on the first page of this thread, pshhhh.  :derp:

« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2011, 02:29:48 AM »

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2011, 02:38:56 AM »
Foiled! :(

Well, there's only 8 images now left to translate, and the dialogue, as well as some system text I think. (I think one of the images is something that pops up above Utsuho's head, and the image name is fresh_meat; probably a reference to the Butcher from Diablo, lmao).
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 02:42:02 AM by MrBigz »

« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2011, 02:48:55 AM »
(That image is for Rumia)

The main thing I want translated is the equip bonus stuff. Like when you identify an item and refine it, it gains stuff, but I don't know what that stuff is! It shouldn't be hard if we can just find where it is.

Everything else is fine by me. Personally, I'm not that into stories. :V

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2011, 02:55:36 AM »
Ohhhh right, the screenshot was the text for the modifiers. I'll redo the editing and test it.

Edit: Yup, that was it. The rest of the data, such as names and descriptions, are in the .dat files, so those still need to be finished translating.

http://imageshack.us/f/706/awsum2.png/

Alright, I decided to stay up and I made a lot of changes, including names shown when hovering over stuff (NPC's, stairs, etc.) I haven't had much trouble yet, though I have to stay within the character bounds since I don't know how to offset the text to make more room and not screw up the exe at the same time. Looks good otherwise though.

Edit 2: Also, I should hopefully be able to fix the spacing issue. There should be a spacing character that doesn't evoke a line break somwhere...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 02:59:06 PM by MrBigz »

« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2011, 10:53:25 PM »
U+3000 is a space character that doesn't screw stuff up.

Also, I'm editing the .dat files FlanP0P posted which have the _ character atm, so I'll upload it when I'm done.

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2011, 11:08:05 PM »
Ideographic space? Mannn that was like the one character I didn't try. D:   Alrighty, I shall wait. I have pretty much all of the system text translated that's inside of the exe. (except a few things that I can't do because of space requirements, which is pretty much just the spellcards)

If you want to look through it, here's what I have so far in the exe.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vclyajqcuuk31kj
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 11:15:25 PM by MrBigz »

« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2011, 12:34:29 AM »
YAY.

And here's what I've got: http://www.mediafire.com/?b3mhfk11jastj51

EDIT: Enemies are acting weird, fixing now.

EDIT2: THE F IS THIS. Y U HATE ME.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 12:55:18 AM by Dude »

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2011, 12:57:59 AM »
Lemme try adding the 30 00 char and testing it.

Edit: Nope, Shift-Jis doesn't recognize it and the null char cuts off the description.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 01:02:11 AM by MrBigz »

« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2011, 01:08:03 AM »
*SUPERPISSEDFACE*

WE'RE SO CLOSE. Oh well, a weird character shouldn't really hinder gameplay much, right? It's probably not that big of a deal but it's just annoying. :<

...I think I'm gonna play it right now, just to see if everything else works correctly... I'll  keep watching the topic, but yeah.

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2011, 01:30:30 AM »
We'll, I'll try to deal with that later. Right now we just need the dialogue done, and to find a way to insert longer strings.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2011, 02:03:34 AM »
YAY.

One of the dat files is causing inexplicable*(*XXXXX has encountered a problem and needs to close) errors there. Also, some buttons and parts of the menu interface become invisible. (I think this is happening from etc_data2. just a heads up.)

Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2011, 06:51:15 AM »
YAY.

EDIT: Enemies are acting weird, fixing now.

EDIT2: THE F IS THIS. Y U HATE ME.

The screenshot reminds me of Diablo 1. It's great motivation to make me work on LoM even harder.

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2011, 10:00:47 AM »
One of the dat files is causing inexplicable*(*XXXXX has encountered a problem and needs to close) errors there. Also, some buttons and parts of the menu interface become invisible. (I think this is happening from etc_data2. just a heads up.)

He said he screwed that file up, I wouldn't use it.

The screenshot reminds me of Diablo 1. It's great motivation to make me work on LoM even harder.

Gogo!!

« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2011, 03:06:35 PM »
This is as good as I'm going to make it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8cooj8cd330ocf7

It should work, but the enemy names are effed up :<

EDIT: SEE NEW POST THAT I'M MAKING IN LIKE 3 SECONDS
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:09:34 PM by Dude »

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2011, 06:16:43 PM »
That's fine, we can deal with that last.

Atm, I'm trying to figure out how to manipulate the pointers in hex to increase the array size for text strings.

Edit: WELL! That wasn't so hard, I just figured out how to offset text to anywhere in the program. :D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 07:29:33 PM by MrBigz »

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2011, 04:10:06 PM »
Yessssss! It's working! I was able to offset and increase the test size, and I translated and replaced all the boss spell cards through pointer manipulation. So basically, there are no more obstacles left (except maybe that stupid space thing  :V)

I'll hopefully have all the system text and such done by today or tomorrow. After that, all that's left is dialogue and item stuff in the dat files.

« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2011, 11:15:28 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?hci7rsrz12ca3pz

Officially fixed. :D

I rebundled everything, so just put it all in the etc_data folder~

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2011, 11:40:34 PM »
That's the old space we used o.o

I already had that, lol. I'm trying to find a regular length space. :V

« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2011, 12:00:52 AM »
Oh, k

At least it's not a weird character anymore...  :V

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2011, 12:02:55 AM »
Blah, I'm having problems with boss spell cards. If there's more than like, 30 chars in the name, it goes off to the left of the screen, and spaces don't fix it for some reason.

Edit: Nvm, I know what I did wrong.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 12:17:49 AM by MrBigz »

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2011, 08:45:54 PM »
Phew...

All system text is done, including boss spell cards, stats, location names, etc. (few minor organizing adjustments still needed).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V5KP09GN

Player spell cards are in the dialogue so I haven't touched them yet.

« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2011, 09:22:56 PM »
So I looked inside the exe again to find out what font it uses so we can edit the length of the ideographic space.

MS UI Gothic is what I saw. Is it possible to make it use a different font?

And by different font, I mean just copy and paste the current font it uses and change the length of that space. I already edited it to be the same length as a normal space. I just need to know how to implement it in.

Like maybe rename it to MM UI Gothic and have the ttf file in the same folder as the exe? Sorta like what they did with PoFV?

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2011, 09:38:08 PM »
I already planned on doing something like that after, it might work. I'm not gonna look at it til last though, since it's not a major thing, but if you can figure it out that'd be awsum.

« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2011, 09:49:42 PM »
Well I made the font file already, but I can't seem to edit the program. How do you do it? ???