Author Topic: Vote for the People's Theme!  (Read 39230 times)

Minch

• Your #1 Idiot Child.
Re: Vote for the People's Theme!
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2010, 08:14:25 AM »
The original was soft colors - not stark contrast of vivid colors. This is the difference between sitting in a well lit room and having someone shine a torch in your face at midnight. The snowman theme was easier on the eyes - this one forces my focus to slide away towards the borders, where the bright red and yellow are complimenting each other. White and blue blend into each other and make a better background; one that you can ignore.
Like that saying in which I am forgetting "If it isnt broke, dont fix it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2010, 08:23:26 AM »
The original was soft colors - not stark contrast of vivid colors. This is the difference between sitting in a well lit room and having someone shine a torch in your face at midnight. The snowman theme was easier on the eyes - this one forces my focus to slide away towards the borders, where the bright red and yellow are complimenting each other. White and blue blend into each other and make a better background; one that you can ignore.

I'm not getting this effect myself, I don't feel particularly impelled to look away from the action myself. But given fairly strong white background with darkish color in it, which about the strongest contrast you can get, the other should have been pretty hard on you as well, no?

Like that saying in which I am forgetting "If it isnt broke, dont fix it."

Point being, old one was objectively more broke than this. Though I'll yield I seem to have a differ perceptional focus than Esi there. Really, I think the most of you have newness shock more than anything else. It happens every time a forum tinkers with the themes. Really, my thoughts are we should enjoy this flurry of activity whilst it is here. Things will get sleepy and revert back in good time.

Speaking of such:

* Sapurvisat Niyazov goes to the fun thread.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 08:25:37 AM by Sapurvisat Niyazov »

Minch

• Your #1 Idiot Child.
« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2010, 08:25:04 AM »
I'm not getting this effect myself, I don't feel particularly impelled to look away from the action myself. But given fairly strong white background with darkish color in it, which about the strongest contrast you can get, the other should have been pretty hard on you as well, no?

Point being, old one was objectively more broke than this. Though I'll yield I seem to have a differ perceptional focus than Esi there. Really, I think the most of you have newness shock more than anything else. It happens every time a forum tinkers with the themes. Really, my thoughts are we should enjoy this flurry of activity whilst it is here. Things will get sleepy and revert back in good time.

Speaking of such:

ANNOUNCEMENT

IT HAS BEEN REVEALED THAT IT IS TIME FOR BED. THIS SHALL BE ENFORCED FOR THE NATION.

THAT IS ALL.

Well you are gosh darn lucky it grew on me. Also, Its a weekend for me~ So I dont have to go to sleep now! Until the monks come over and take over my room that is...

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2010, 08:43:43 AM »

I blame E-Mouse for this.
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Voting
« Reply #124 on: November 11, 2010, 08:51:55 AM »
Two colors in the same neighborhood of the spectrum is actually more clashing than opposites. People learn this when their mommies start to let them dress themselves.

*turns off phone, logs in from computer*

Oh hey! I like this much better. The way some of you were crying about it I thought my corneas were going to melt. But this looks a lot neater and polished than the snowman theme, which I was always embarrassed to be on in public.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 09:43:19 AM by Trotskykami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #125 on: November 11, 2010, 09:01:01 AM »
I demand one time zone for the entire world.

(because stuff already happened when I was sleeping, again)

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #126 on: November 11, 2010, 09:44:05 AM »
I actually don't mind the colour scheme, I'm just making a revolution for more choices. I also don't mind communism but...

DOWN WITH THE STALINIST. DOWN WITH THE BOLSHEVIKS. UP WITH KERENSKYISM! (Silly I know, but I couldn't think of anything else)

REVOLUTION!!!!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 09:48:37 AM by Comedian Doll.S »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2010, 10:09:13 AM »
I see most people in this thread cannot handle a gag with our forums once in a while. When I woke up, I first rubbed my eyes to let the red burn into my eyes. But then I had to smirk at Purvis' posts.

Seriously people. Stop being so uptight and loosen up those underpants...

Aliquantic

• Bose-Einstein condensate
« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2010, 10:31:21 AM »
If you too feel the need to dissent from glorious soviet country, there's always a workaround... you can set your browser to ignore the style sheet altogether, or use your own. Firefox without plugins doesn't handle that so well, but it's still good enough to have a plain black and white version (it's under View -> Page Style -> No Page Style). It's a bit ugly, but it should be good enough until the revolutionary flame dies off...

At least until we all get walled in CPCM.

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2010, 10:35:09 AM »
I am actually talking about the poll...more choices please.

REVOLUTION!!!!

Tengukami

« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2010, 10:37:10 AM »
You have all the choices you need, comrade, anything beyond that is pure Western decadence.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

andrewv42

• I heard Malzaherp
  • needs a derp
« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2010, 10:40:25 AM »
Since when did a PERFECT Marxist commune allow the people to vote for something.
I eat squirrels.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2010, 11:21:27 AM »
Did I misread, or did someone try to claim Kisume in this here forum I watch over?

HOBO FIGHT!

As well you should!
There was something here once. Wonder what...

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2010, 11:26:46 AM »

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ahahahaha

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Tengukami

« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2010, 11:49:45 AM »
When I first saw this thread title, I thought it meant "theme" as in "theme song".

I'm going to pretend that's what you meant anyway and recommend this become our glorious anthem.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #135 on: November 11, 2010, 11:56:10 AM »
Reaction 1, regarding the kind of theme I want.

Reaction 2: 
We been spendin' most our lives livin' in a worker's paradise
I'm the same as all you guys livin' in a worker's paradise
Food gets inflated price livin' in a worker's paradise
Guv'ment, it tells us lies livin' in a worker's paradise

Tell me why are we so blind to see what anyone is posting in CPMC?

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #136 on: November 11, 2010, 12:35:33 PM »
I think this is ugly.  Also, it looks more like McDonald's than Communism.  Why would we use such a CAPITALIST color scheme to honor this great ideal?

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #137 on: November 11, 2010, 12:54:49 PM »
DO I SMELL SLACKERS AND CAPITALISTS

I THINK I DO

Also, I think this scheme would be less straining on the eyes while still capturing the spirit of Mother Russia if the whites and yellows were darkened a bit.

« Reply #138 on: November 11, 2010, 01:34:39 PM »
I demand one time zone for the entire world.

(because stuff already happened when I was sleeping, again)

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #139 on: November 11, 2010, 01:44:55 PM »
To anybody who has a problem with the colour scheme:

You are absolutely right. This is horrendous and hurts the eyes like nothing mankind has ever seen! We cannot let it go on like this...

We should get someobdy else to design a new color scheme for the forum. Somebody who is a master of arts and crafts. Somebody who embodies the spirit of our beautiful community.

Somebody like Suikama!
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #140 on: November 11, 2010, 02:14:33 PM »
Try turning the brightness on your monitor down a bit if the new scheme bothers you.

Matsuri

« Reply #141 on: November 11, 2010, 02:17:49 PM »
It hasn't even been 24 hours and people are already saying they're leaving because of a joke?

That's... pretty sad. >_>

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #142 on: November 11, 2010, 02:18:56 PM »
It hasn't even been 24 hours and people are already saying they're leaving because of a joke?

It's like in Civilization when you force a regime change, and people automatically become unhappy!

BV

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #143 on: November 11, 2010, 02:22:38 PM »
It sounds like we have a bunch of Capitalist complainers.  Whining for their return of decadence and sloth.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2010, 02:24:49 PM »
I believe my current avatar speaks for my vote

dustyjo

« Reply #145 on: November 11, 2010, 02:29:28 PM »
It's like in Civilization when you force a regime change, and people automatically become unhappy!

BV

ANARCHY IS LIFE

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #146 on: November 11, 2010, 02:30:49 PM »
Anarchy is for the wild dogs and filthy pigs, we are above such base desires and emotions.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #147 on: November 11, 2010, 02:37:16 PM »
I always played fundamentalist, myself.

I'm pretty sure it's less "I'm leaving" and more "Oh god oh god my eyes it burns to look at must look away gaaah".

...I mean, bright red on bright yellow is pretty retina-burning.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #148 on: November 11, 2010, 02:40:32 PM »
It burns the eyes of the cataracts of Capitalism and allows the pure light of the Worker's Paradise to shine in.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2010, 02:41:51 PM »
KOMRADES!