Author Topic: This is the 9th thread dedicated to the recording of failures at playing Touhou.  (Read 151042 times)

MTSranger

• =.=
Hurr... how did I end up with only 2 lives in EoSD _normal_. Didn't I just 1cc lunatic a week ago?
I'm sure I can 1LC and get another 20mil+ if I just stop being stupid and derp everything.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
There's a reason I don't use Border Team in IN.

How the hell am I supposed to kill anything when Yukari and Reimu are too slow and their shots don't kill anything?

Scarlet Team and Netherworld Team is the way to go~

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
There's a reason I don't use Border Team in IN.

How the hell am I supposed to kill anything when Yukari and Reimu are too slow and their shots don't kill anything?

Scarlet Team and Netherworld Team is the way to go~
If you want uber powered shot type, then Malice is the best. (Pressing focus rapidly with Marisa-Alice, aka the Malice cannon)
With that, you actually can finish off Mokou's survival card before the timer finishes.

Like this,
and this. Though this one has the spell from the previous, but it's not as epic. :V

And this is for the lol. Eirin failed.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
sorry for being off-topic (the moment I realized that this wasn' the general help thread, I've already made this replay :p)
some thoughts:
- you didn't use the focus key much, which makes the spirits easier to destroy (though I don't know if you're not used with the red autodestruction bullets); dunno if you're also used to destroying fairies for cancelling normal bullets
- Sikieiki's timer started a bit over 120s, then as I died it went to around 45s, and then around 42s; at the third life on her, though, I thought about not chaining too much, because then it would give Sikieiki more bullets to chain, and then more EX black spiraling clouds for her to kill me with :D  (be patient and calm, and just survive those 42s, and watch as any of Komachi's enemies seem to die shortly after the Shot Chance warning appears :D- your replay desynchs on Yuka, dunno if it does so on Reimu's stage..
Also sorry for being off-topic:

I seem to have forgotten that Komachi's Focus is an all encompassing(?) burst. :V
I'm actually not used to the bullets but I've encountered them a lot before when I did story mode with a character with too much Normal Speed for my taste (I'm guessing Aya or Marisa). The canceling normal bullets is something I'm working on. I had thought that I actually used that quality fairly well.  :(
If anything, watching your replay showed me that I need to use the forcus key more in general...not just for canceling spirits.

Edit: Watching them also reminded me that I should be studying more about other people's techniques.

Italics : Tips for when I get there and handling story mode more easily (working on clearing all hard stories). :D
Back on topic if only for a bit: My initial run for the Weekly Touhou Tournament; why are you so fast Marisa?  :ohdear:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 08:53:38 AM by jaxter0987 »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
> UFO Extra 90FPS

> Clear Nue on third try.

> Accidentally not save replay

> D:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 10:02:34 PM by ミョウリ »

> Accidentally not save replay

Gosh, you sure do that quite often.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
third try.
You should be able to easily do this again if this is the case.

[11:45] <LHCling> gosh he seems to accidentally not save his replays often
hi naut
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Drake

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

hey how's it goin' baity you doing good my man?

aww drake up in this bitch too hells yeuhhh

Didn't farm Yuyuko's second last card on my graze run as much as I'd like, and I can't seem to not fuck up by stage 4 now.  Something to do with shooting the boss a bit too much and finishing a spellcard early because I forget to look at the lifebar.  That or finishing a card because I had to bomb on it instead of just taking the death to keep farming it (this is how I fucked up Yuyuko T_T).

Maybe this should this go in the tourney thread... Oh well, a failure's a failure.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Waaaaah.

Remilia fight.

Perfect up to Scarlet Meister.

Capture Scarlet Meister.

Die three times on Scarlet Gensokyo.

Ah well, there's always next year when I may get another chance at that Remilia perfect. :fail:
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

MTSranger

• =.=
fml why did I die 3 times in NORMAL EoSD, and then proceed to fail Cirno's nonspell :V, and after that, die to stage 1 fairies.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

PCB Lunatic is screwing me... On stage 1/2.  Gonna have to do this when I'm not half-asleep.  I can dodge Letty's clusterfuck just fine, but then I don't even notice the huge-ass laser aimed straight at my face.  Stage 1 deaths are unacceptable!

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
-Failed a 1cc of PCB Normal on Stage 6, during Yuyuko's 2nd spellcard(no shock there, as I have yet to accomplish that particular feat...)
-Decided to keep playing anyway, for the practice, and since I was so close anyway.
-Besides a cap on a spell I'd already gotten in practice(Flowery Soul -Swallowtail Butterfly-), failed everything and had to continue once again, also as normal.
-What WASN'T normal, however, was Resurrection Butterfly -30% Reflowering-.  I figured 'Hey, why not?", since even without the 1cc, capping that would be one HECK of a consolation prize.
-Proceed to die on the last wave of red butterflies.  Cue mental headdesking.  Why couldn't I just do the same thing I'd done for the past, what, 8 waves or however many there are?  Guess my reflexes overeheated.  Ah well.  At least I got the clear...

(Note:  This may or may not belong here, but I think it does simply due to how EASY it woulda been to save myself the anguish of barely missing that stupid spell card.)
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
Reimu's Fantasy Heaven.

'nuff said. :V
TF2 Backpack

nintendonut888

Ayayayayayayaya.

Some idiocy possessed me to tackle Evil Eye Sigma next. Some further idiocy possessed me to make the savestate at max rank, which makes dodging some attacks for Reimu C nearly impossible due to her lack of speed. Even so, after twenty minutes, I passed Evil Eye's bouncy balls for the first time ever, got past the fourth phase no sweat, and was three seconds away from beating the final phase when I failed to outrun one of those bullets that have hitboxes larger than the sprite.

;-;
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Gosh, you sure do that quite often.
Did that on my one and only PCB Phantasm clear after some 200 attempts.

Made it to Flan's And Then There Were None spellcard for the first time and actually got it down to roughly 20 seconds without bombing or dying. Still, so much DURP. I can't stand cards like Maze of Love and Patchouli is the biggest pain in the butt for an extra stage mid-boss. Progress is progress, though.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

nintendonut888

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

(lunatic BTW)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 09:52:16 PM by nintendonut888 »

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
Uuuuhhhhh, StB 7-7. The heck? I'm supposed to get a picture of Sakuya? Camera keeps freezing. I just did a timeout of that attack without getting a single shot of her. ???
TF2 Backpack

Uuuuhhhhh, StB 7-7. The heck? I'm supposed to get a picture of Sakuya? Camera keeps freezing. I just did a timeout of that attack without getting a single shot of her. ???
Spoiler:
You know that red circle that appears around bosses and gives you a score bonus?  You're supposed to shoot her when that comes up right after each bullet wave.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
EoSD Normal
Doing so well for the first three levels. Fail started at Stage 4 =(
Lost a life with 3 bombs intact...

Everything went down from there ;_;

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
Re: Touhou Whining Thread, Cirno Edition
« Reply #831 on: March 18, 2011, 12:00:45 PM »
NO
EFF NO

<pic>

Pulling this from the second page, this is exactly what happened to me last week... with 7 seconds left on the timer instead.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

2/1 IN Lunatic run. I'm way too out of practice for this, so a No Bombs run won't be happening for a very long time.

Edit: 1/0 with Nethercheese team. Yeah, I'm terrible at the game now. Capturing Rising World in a 1cc felt pretty nice though. Completely derping all sorts of stuff through both of those didn't.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 06:20:31 PM by Chaotic Phoenixma »

flanchan.zip

I think that's all I need to say.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 04:37:54 AM by chirpy13 »

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
EoSD Normal
Doing so well for the first three levels. Fail started at Stage 4 =(
Lost a life with 3 bombs intact...

Everything went down from there ;_;
This is exactly the stage I'm going through now with Marisa. My most recent run, I played near-flawlessly up to Meiling, then proceeded to die on Rainbow Wind Chime and three-bomb Extreme Color Typhoon. And past that .... well, there's a reason I didn't bother saving the replay. :ohdear:

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
Lousy goddamn stupid spirits outta nowhere. PoFV Extra continues to kick my ass.

That's really all there is to say on the matter.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
Tried a th07 ReimuB run.
Messed up Stage 4 Bosses and accidentally got Lunasa instead if Lyrica. And die 2 times.
Game Over at Resurrection Butterfly with 30 seconds left, with 3 bombs in stock.
I didn't play Touhou for the whole day.
Signature

flanchan.zip

I think that's all I need to say.

Someone's got to capture In The Eye of Destruction sometime, right?
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Did a few attempts at IN No Bombs. Failed them all. That new Stage 3 route although better for scoring doesn't seem to work for me when I try it in an actual run.

Also, 1DNB Marisa + Last Spell Captured in Practice Mode. Too bad the death was the second midboss nonspell and not Asteroid Belt.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
Playing EoSD:
Stage 3, died to the streaming kunai in the beginning of the stage and crashed into a fairy ._.
I ragequit'd

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)