Author Topic: This is the 9th thread dedicated to the recording of failures at playing Touhou.  (Read 151031 times)

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
Hurrr... StB 6-6. I died while on my last shot. The camera was on the screen too and it didn't register fast enough that I took the picture. Darn it I hate this game. Why I play it I don't even...
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
I failed Mishaguji-sama at the last moment =( (With MarisaB, at 4.00 power so no bug during the spellcard even though I did use it to actually get that far)

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
Ugh, UFO run was horrible

3 Blue UFOs not destroyed, and clipped an amulet right in the beginning of Flying Fantastica

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

MTSranger

• =.=
Ugh. how the heck did I end up with only 2 lives in an all red ufo run.

I just failed a MoF Lunatic run... With MarisaB...

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
Hurrr... StB 6-6. I died while on my last shot. The camera was on the screen too and it didn't register fast enough that I took the picture. Darn it I hate this game. Why I play it I don't even...
Still can't do it. I swear, for that last picture, the bullets speed up. I'm VERY sure of this. I'm getting sick of playing that spell (and the rest of the game) now. Seriously is the hardest game ZUN ever made. *sigh*
TF2 Backpack

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Hmm. I remember having trouble with that scene too, but I just tried it again and got it my second try. Are you making sure to keep up as close to Youmu as possible? That decreases the amount of pellet bullets in your way by quite a bit, plus you can snap a picture as soon as Aya's ready.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
My tactic is to be around 1/4 up from the bottom of the screen (maybe less when bullets are overwhelmingly dense) and take a picture when Youmu is nearly ready to speed back up time, since that's usually when I get hit because it decreases the random walls of bullets including the pellets that are super fast compared to others. What messes me up most is the whole slow-time thing, which totally messes up my understanding of Aya's incredibly fast speed except when charging.
I'll try that idea and see how I fare. Thanks!
TF2 Backpack

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
Someone please tell me why a player who has beaten almost all of the extras (+ Yukarin) can't so much as
? 1CC SA Normal
? 1CC IN Hard
? 5CC PCB Lunatic (PCB is my best game. Farthest is Res. Butterfly 80%)

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
Someone please tell me why a player who has beaten almost all of the extras (+ Yukarin) can't so much as
? 1CC SA Normal
? 1CC IN Hard

If you can't 5CC PCB Lunatic, clearly you don't bomb enough. With continues allowed you can literally bomb through every single dangerous situation in the game and still have plenty resource leftover for resurrection butterfly.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
? 1CC SA Normal
? 1CC IN Hard
It's like me! Except I'd probably have a 2cc or 3cc (maybe) of PCB Lunatic. Haven't really tried it lately.
But yeah, I've cleared Flandre, Ran, Yukari, and Suwako, but can't beat SA normal or UFO normal. Really shows how much the difficulty has changed doesn't it?

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
If you can't 5CC PCB Lunatic, clearly you don't bomb enough. With continues allowed you can literally bomb through every single dangerous situation in the game and still have plenty resource leftover for resurrection butterfly.
Best way to do that is to play as Sakuya. She gets freaking 4 bombs per life. Also, try to grab the point items during Resurrection Butterfly because you may be able to snag another life.
TF2 Backpack

MTSranger

• =.=
In an attempt to perfect my record...
EoSD lunatic attempt, this time with default lives.
I have never passed Scarlet Gensokyo without death, but this time I died right at the beginning of it :V
If I hadn't done those stupid things in stage 3 and 4...

? 1CC SA Normal
? 1CC IN Hard
SA... this is actually quite hard, but still, just practice all the stages to death. The game gives you many lives.
IN Hard... same, memorize stage, figure out which cards to bomb, play Border Team, etc.
PCB Lunatic - just bomb everything that is hard. With 5 continues, you can bomb over 60 times (assuming PoCing enough).
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:10:13 AM by Eva Beatrice »

Tried IN Extra for the first time in a while, since I needed something to do.

Game over a little more than halfway into Hourai Doll. Would have made it if I wasn't so stupid on Possessed by Phoenix.

;_;

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
Tried IN Extra for the first time in a while, since I needed something to do.

Game over a little more than halfway into Hourai Doll. Would have made it if I wasn't so stupid on Possessed by Phoenix.

;_;
I've done that sooo many times. You're not alone. For me, that was the easiest extra I first went into. But, I've watched many videos on Mokou's fight on youtube (including kefit's perfect a billion times) mostly because Mokou was my favorite character for the longest time. So yeah, it's kinda cheating the entire fight. ('m rambling again...)

Anyway, my failure, IN Reimu's Fantasy Heaven Last Word. Seriously, how the heck am I supposed to get it?
... Apparently, if I move randomly near the end, I'll win. (according to youtube vids) :ohdear:
TF2 Backpack

Byaaakuren

• Animu List
I decided to just stay still for a few seconds during Princess Tenko and Unilateral Contact. Oops, there goes that capture (and lives). Also had bombs available at those points =(

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Anyway, my failure, IN Reimu's Fantasy Heaven Last Word. Seriously, how the heck am I supposed to get it?
... Apparently, if I move randomly near the end, I'll win. (according to youtube vids) :ohdear:

Try using vsync, set the ReplaySlow option (or something like that) to about 20. Pick up a random replay of Fantasy Heaven and hold shift and watch it in glorious 1/3 speed.

Did 150 runs against Earth in a Pot yesterday which gave me a headache. Yeah, no kidding. A headache. That spell was quite infuriating. I'm at least done with it now. It took 120 attempts before i worked out how to do it. Then additional 30 attempts to actually time it out. I had not expected that spell to be so hard.

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
It's bad enough that not playing Touhou (and little shmups in general) led to my worst PCB Normal run in ages (game over on Yuyuko's 2nd NC) but getting all but laughed at in the end by the first person I've met IRL to recognize the game was like getting kicked in the teeth.

To keep it on topic: bombed Chen's finale, bombed during Stage 3's stage portion, completely went to hell on Stages 4 and 5, forgot to misdirect Youmu's boss opener (resulting in a death), and died right when Youmu appeared in Stage 6 (losing a bomb in the process). By this point I had long since given up. :fail:

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Byaaakuren

• Animu List
About to capture Mokou's first card. Gets impaled by a knife ._.

? 1CC IN Hard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt5iJXi-A7s

tl;dr: the game gives you more bombs than most "main" touhou games do (for example, the last two fairies before Reisen, and more bombs on stage 4). I'd say, keep playing until you figure out which attacks consistently get you and plan your bombs. Bring enough resources and pay attention when you have bombs in stock (if you don't, you don't need to worry as much about wasting resources if you die)
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
So I decided to finally try completing Extra mode in PoFV after unlocking it months ago.

First 4 stages - No problem :)
Tewi - Got lucky but what the hey? :3
Marisa - God I hate your lasers :V

(At this point I had earned 3 extra lives)

Yuka - Lost two lives stupidly ???

So I'm thinking "I got two lives for two stages with 1m seperating me from another life. I GOT THIS!!"
Reimu - Stupid Spirit death,  :o

THEN I FROZE >=O
What the **** man?

EoSD. You know the refreshing overlapping knives in Remilia's nonspell? I got cheeky and tried to get out of them faster by going up, not realising that they curved slightly. I ended up running right into one.

Another stupid mistake on that same attack was that a powerup was going close by, and I twitched to the side to try and get it, thus getting murdered again.

Cockiness = The bane of every Touhou player.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
I decided to clear FinalA for Malice team on normal. Somehow, I went in Reisen with 5/5 and went out with 1/3.

(The clear was successful still, at 0/0 though...)

So I decided to finally try completing Extra mode in PoFV after unlocking it months ago.

First 4 stages - No problem :)
Tewi - Got lucky but what the hey? :3
Marisa - God I hate your lasers :V

(At this point I had earned 3 extra lives)

Yuka - Lost two lives stupidly ???

So I'm thinking "I got two lives for two stages with 1m seperating me from another life. I GOT THIS!!"
Reimu - Stupid Spirit death,  :o

THEN I FROZE >=O
What the **** man?

sorry for being off-topic (the moment I realized that this wasn' the general help thread, I've already made this replay :p)

some thoughts:
- after a couple runs, I tried to focus on survival and to not try to raise my chain too fast (since then the replay would be even less helpful), and tried to keep my spirit gauge at lvl 3 at the start
- like normal runs, it's easy to regain spirit meter as long as you're chaining, and players who're used to the game's chaining and chain resetting can cancel enemy bosses more easily
- you didn't use the focus key much, which makes the spirits easier to destroy (though I don't know if you're not used with the red autodestruction bullets); dunno if you're also used to destroying fairies for cancelling normal bullets
- Sikieiki's timer started a bit over 120s, then as I died it went to around 45s, and then around 42s; at the third life on her, though, I thought about not chaining too much, because then it would give Sikieiki more bullets to chain, and then more EX black spiraling clouds for her to kill me with :D  (be patient and calm, and just survive those 42s, and watch as any of Komachi's enemies seem to die shortly after the Shot Chance warning appears :D
- your replay desynchs on Yuka, dunno if it does so on Reimu's stage..
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Oh hey, I just threw my controller for the first time in ages.

UFO lunatic run. Everything's going... okay. I get to stage 4 Nue 2/0. I dodge the first wave easily, then die. So, I lose two lives for no apparent reason. I die twice more from being on tilt, rage quit and watch the replay. Watch it again. Still don't see anything. Screenshot it, look at the screenshot.

Throw my controller across the room.

LOOK AT THIS.

Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
Oh hey, I just threw my controller for the first time in ages.

UFO lunatic run. Everything's going... okay. I get to stage 4 Nue 2/0. I dodge the first wave easily, then die. So, I lose two lives for no apparent reason. I die twice more from being on tilt, rage quit and watch the replay. Watch it again. Still don't see anything. Screenshot it, look at the screenshot.

Throw my controller across the room.

LOOK AT THIS.

THIS. (but with Ichirin....)

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
a
replay plz

i think i know what you "hit" though; just want to double check

opps
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

LOOK AT THIS.

Not even Baity can see the bullet, that's how lamed you got. :ohdear:

Frequent restarts messing up my performance too much.  I can no longer make it past the pellet fairies in EoSD Extra without dying - I can now almost consistently no focus dodge through the bullet gaps on the second fairy wave after the red bullet fairies though, if that means anything.