Author Topic: This is the 9th thread dedicated to the recording of failures at playing Touhou.  (Read 151085 times)

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
EoSD No hitbox 90FPS
owait
Eh, any game but UFO, PoFV, GFW, DS, and StB (because I don't have vsync for those five.) Wait, IN and PoFV don't have no hitbox support anyways, right?

Wait, a mediocre hard mode player doing something alongside let's 1cc lunatic mode at 90FPS?

EoSD No hitbox 90FPS
owait
Eh, any game but UFO, PoFV, GFW, DS, and StB (because I don't have vsync for those five.) Wait, IN and PoFV don't have no hitbox support anyways, right?

Unfortunately you'll have to use tools (re: CheatEngine) to speed up those games. I've been practicing 90fps UFO recently
Spoiler:
it's so fucking glorious my God
and it satisfies all my masochistic needs. Not a fan of EoSD personally, though, so I'd be pretty much willing to do any game but that :V

Wait, a mediocre hard mode player doing something alongside let's 1cc lunatic mode at 90FPS?

Hey man, no shame in aiming high.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
I die on a level 6 boss at 3:05. Next life, she dies at 1:17. God, do I ever hate PoFV's AI.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
A half-assed, half-asleep run of UFO hard with Sanae B.
I slightly derped here and there (Nazrin's last spell, Kogasa, and the 4th stage)

What truly makes this replay notable are the two deaths on Ichirin's and Murasa's last spells. Ichirin's spell was ending, but I ran into one of Unzan's eye-lazors.... fucking slowdown that spell-ends have  :ohdear:

Then on Murasa's last  spell, I was doing really good, but at the last 5 seconds I started thinking of how awesomely, naturally I was managing that troublesome spell. Then the phrase hit me...

CHARISMA BREAK!~

I.... I.....

Just see it yourselves....

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
Very wired right now, had a Marisa A run in PCB Extra (Haven't unlocked her for Phantasm yet). Was doing good against Shikigami "Chen" with my very last life.  Ran was defeated during that Spell Card. Right after (literally) I captured that Spell Card, a stray bullet hits my hit box before I even get to see Spell Bonus on the screen -_-

Didn't save a replay because it was shameful (and I lost two lives in Princess Tenko. First life with no bombs, and second with two in stock.)

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
^

Dude. The last time I played Extra, I did a 100% perfect stage run, but was beset by two deaths each on easy spellcards, culminating in a game over on Kokkuri-san's Contract.

"Easy spellcards," entails Wizard Fox Thoughts, Fox-Tanuki Youkai Laser, and Princess Tenko.
On the flip side, I capped Charming Seige, Unilateral Contract, Chen, and Ultimate Buddhist, which makes it a double failure because then >700M Extra runs shouldn't be that far off, but they are.

PCB Lunatic.

Get to Yuyuko 3/1, needing 20-something point items for the 1000pt life.

Fail everything, die on the first wave of Resurrection Butterfly.

She's supposed to be my best final boss. What a joke of a run.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

MTSranger

• =.=
hurr... IN lunatic is raping me now. I don't see how I'm going to 1cc this.
3 deaths before stage 4, 2 deaths to Marisa, screw up stage 5 somehow, die to stage 6 opener :V

I got used to ReimuA for all my SA needs. So for this week's tournament, I'm finding MarisaA a bit hard to handle. I used to be a diehard MarisaB user.
What happened?!

So I take a shot a Koishi to see if I can manage to get a clear for the tourney.  Youkai Polygraph. I got this. In the last few seconds, Marisa decides to go up and sucker-punch Koishi.

Spoiler:
It didn't work.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 08:47:57 AM by Dr.Strafe »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Gaaaah. Two 1DNB runs of Kanako in two days. First time I got hit on the last dodge needed to capture Source of Rains, this time just now I failed VoWG. :( I really, REALLY don't want to go through the pain of actively trying to perfect this stage. :<
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Udongein

Shuusou Gyoku Extra.

mikeKOSA

waaaah, almost had a perfect EoSD Hard run with MarisaB but died once at stage 4. And i was expecting to do it in one try  :(

Figured I'd play EoSD Normal since I don't have any scores up for that yet.  Got to Sakuya with 7 or 8 lives, was down to 1 life by the end of Remilia, rage alt-f4'd.  I hate this game's hitboxes.

Byaaakuren

• Animu List
Haha, just ask I say to myself "Alright bomb as soon as there's a huge cluster" I lose a life with 3 bombs intact XD

Deathbomb on Tewi, deathbomb on Reimu's Concentrate, deathbomb on Reisen's Idling Wave, deathbomb on Reisen's Mind Shaker... I mean, I know I'm trying to no death/deathbomb no focus, but even still easy mode shouldn't be giving me this much trouble  :(.

EDIT - Done with that.  Now for this

EDIT - And this on an otherwise no-death run.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 11:17:02 AM by chirpy13 »

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
I was trying for a SWR Lunatic again with Reimu, and made it up to Tenshi (with no lives left becaues of freakin Iku) and was doing decently well, then my anti-virus took over and said that my update was completed. So it minimized SWR to tell me that, and Tenshi was still fighting me. Lost a huge chunk of live and ultimately failed the run. Stupid anti-virus.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

I've discovered recently that I need WAY more practice on Cirno EoSD Normal. I very rarely capture her first spellcard. Every time I think I might do it, I die/panic and use a bomb.

Earlier I backed into a stray kunai that was just leaving the screen in Meiling Normal. I really need more practise. 

MTSranger

• =.=
had like the worst IN hard run ever. Died with 4 bombs in stock, more than once :V
Barely cleared it with like 1 bomb left, and with lower score than my lunatic clear.

Byaaakuren

• Animu List
I completely walled myself in SA Stage 4 after the second Orin fight. Stupid green balls and amulets =(

I take back everything I ever said about Touhou being hard and unfair now that I've played Mushihimesama Futari. On Normal. lol 6cc
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
So I'm using bombs to try to get through Yuugi's second nonspell on Lunatic as MarisaA. The red lasers catch me right after the invincibility ends three times because lolAlicebombistoofuckingshortandthin.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Ugh, I'm doing so badly. I really need more sleep, and practice at fighting Patchouli on Reimu B. I hate her first spellcard; the last round of bullets always brutally murders me.
In EoSD, I usually continue towards the end of fighting Sakuya. If I'm at my best I continue at the beginning/middle of Remilia. And if I'm at my worst I continue at the end of Patchouli. Today I had to continue in Green Storm. I really fail Touhou today, probably because I just feel shitty in general.

I hate UFO.  I hate it.  Stage 2 bosses should not have spell cards that give me trouble on normal when none of the other stage 2 bosses give me any trouble on lunatic.  Screw SanaeB and her 1cc, I don't need you to clear Extra!

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
Midnight Train?
After a while that became my easiest card :ohdear:

I have far more trouble with the Lunatic variant of Hello Forgotten World (?)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
I have far more trouble with the Lunatic variant of Hello Forgotten World (?)
Yeah, that's its name. Use friction to help place yourself between the bullets, it really makes the card a lot easier.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
Ah, okay?
It's been a really long time since I've seen Kogasa on Lunatic, though.
Not since I realized that 50% lag was a bad thing.

Non topic discussion:
I really hate the topic name.
But it provides clarity.
If I change it back to "Touhou Whining Thread: Cirno Edition,"
then would you all continue to record failures at playing Touhou, or would you whine about the non-gameplay points regarding the series like last time?

Yeah, Night Train.  It's not that the card is hard (I usually capture it, I just screw up sometimes), but that it seems more like a stage 4 boss card than a stage 2 one.  The whole game feels like its hitboxes are fucked up too.  Especially the bullets that have that glow around them, clipdeaths everywhere I tell you!  Then there's all those UFOs just begging you to come grab them before they change colours or fly off the screen and then get you killed (or leave you with not enough lives later on T_T).  And Murasa's survival card.  And Byakuren, who just seems to love laughing at me as I burn 5-6 lives on her (see fucked up hitboxes)... I think the only good things I have to say about UFO are that the music is great and that Devil's Recitation helped me out with MS a bit (or maybe the other way around).

/rant

Non topic discussion:
I really hate the topic name.
But it provides clarity.
If I change it back to "Touhou Whining Thread: Cirno Edition,"
then would you all continue to record failures at playing Touhou, or would you whine about the non-gameplay points regarding the series like last time?
I would just put something about it in the first post so people don't get the wrong idea.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
The whole game feels like its hitboxes are fucked up too.  Especially the bullets that have that glow around them, clipdeaths everywhere I tell you!
See SoEW :V
But yes, I feel that in the later games, some bullets are a bit screwed up. I especially feel this way with MoF. I've lost so many lives from not touching the bullets, it seems IMO. I mostly see see it from the pellet bullets. UFO is a little messed up, but at least SA is pretty tame.
TF2 Backpack

Schezo

• en-counse
See SoEW :V
 I especially feel this way with MoF. I've lost so many lives from not touching the bullets, it seems IMO. I mostly see see it from the pellet bullets.
That would explain why I get screwed over by the things that come out of the floor in extra.

And let's not forget the God's Rice Porridge bullets.  I swear they have to the same size hitbox after they turn smaller.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
And let's not forget the God's Rice Porridge bullets.  I swear they have to the same size hitbox after they turn smaller.
Which difficulty would that be? I've played that card on Easy/Normal so far and it seems pretty correct to me.
TF2 Backpack