Author Topic: This is the 9th thread dedicated to the recording of failures at playing Touhou.  (Read 151069 times)

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
Why the fuck do I suck again?! WHY?! FUCK!

I never failed Nazrin's 2nd spellcard before today, and I've now failed it 3 times in a row.

This is why I hate feeling like I'm getting better, because I always, always prove myself wrong right after.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 08:51:31 PM by Rita Mordioslayer »

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
So I was playing UFO Hard mode.
I don't get this.

Nazrin Pendulum and Pendulum Guard give me no trouble whatsoever.

Why is HSNP so hard?

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Memorize it, Skip. That'll solve all your problems.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

What's this?

High Sensitivity Nazrin Pendulum, her last spellcard on hard.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
I have never captured that card myself, and I can do all the other ones up to Shou
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Either use MarisA to trivialize it or just be ready to bomb it as it's harder than the Lunatic version.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
Either use MarisA to trivialize it or just be ready to bomb it as it's harder than the Lunatic version.
What.

There's way more open space on the Hard version, and it should be easy to learn where the safest spots are. If you want to see a good way through it, view Stage 1 of my old Hard 1cc.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

No, no, no, no. None of that. You will at least have to be able to capture that spellcard. Everything else is quite laughable really - if you are a hard mode player and above at least - . No really. You shouldn't have to bomb anything in Stage 1.

You want to move quite a bit more around the screen. The lunatic version is only easier if you put yourself under a "no-leaving-the-bottom" restriction, which is quite normal for inexperienced players because they don't know to do otherwise.

Like so: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=11662
EDIT: And that was a one-shot. Don't bomb something like this. Safe your bombs for Stage... 3 or 4 or something.

SanaeB also kind of makes it trivial due to the whole splash damage thing.

The card is pretty annoying with ReimuB, SanaeA, MarisaB.

Well, as i demonstrated its easy regardless of who you use. SanaeB and MarisaA is certainly preferable though as they will kill it faster but ReimuA kills it reasonably fast iirc.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
I use Reimu B, I'll never capture this card :(
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

I use Reimu B, I'll never capture this card :(

So what?

Well, as i demonstrated its easy regardless of who you use.

Easy after you memorize it, sure, but not before. It's actually pretty challenging as far as stage one cards go.

I use Reimu B...
So what?

Yeah, Reimu B has the hardest time with it for sure, but once you memorize a route (like the one outlined in Zengeku's replay), you'll be wondering how you ever failed it :V

It's just one of those cards you'll eventually start to pass the more you play, since you'll slowly build yourself a route through it each time you see it.

>Sen: All Green UFOs run of UFO Hard
>Sen: Reach Shou 0/2
>Sen: Bomb RTG, panicbomb Shou's last spellcard
>Sen: CAPTURE VAJRA
>Sen: Gameover as Clarification is exploding

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
Double Death Butterfly strikes again, but this time with more rage (apparently). Sakuya was unable to defend herself against the awesome power of butterflies that could kill you in one hit and got punished for not respecting nature as she should have. (maybe they're poisonous butterflies)

But in other news, she got DBF for a second time in the same run!
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
"Three Fairies?"
The hell is this crap? There's Lunatic Modo in my Easy 3CC.
(I 1-credited my way to the final boss' opener :( )
I got 7,152,300 on my sixth total try ever. Is that good?

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
"Three Fairies?"
The hell is this crap? There's Lunatic Modo in my Easy 3CC.
(I 1-credited my way to the final boss' opener :( )
I got 7,152,300 on my sixth total try ever. Is that good?
I wouldn't say it's bad. My continued runs are 6 million and under, but my 1cc of Route A-1 Easy ended with 11 million. So, technically, you did better than me when continuing!

P.S. This game is pretty difficult. Lunatic in easy modo: yes, it's there. It almost makes it look like lunatic isn't any more difficult.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 08:31:56 AM by Agent of the BSoD »
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Easy after you memorize it, sure, but not before. It's actually pretty challenging as far as stage one cards go.

What? That's something you're making up on the spot? When there is so few bullets and so slow then there's no excuse from getting hit. Moving to the right/left when the crystal comes down just makes logical sense to get more dodging space.

But still knowing how the card will act is gonna serve beneficial of course. @anyone who's having trouble. Go watch the replay and capture that spellcard consisntently from here on out.  :V You're not gonna 1cc Hard before you can do that!

Oh and as i was just attempting this with MarisaB i managed to fuck it of three times before getting a capture because she is fail. I think she have the hardest time. I didn't try as SanaeA though.

Oh and as i was just attempting this with MarisaB i managed to fuck it of three times before getting a capture because she is fail. I think she have the hardest time. I didn't try as SanaeA though.

Haha! See, not so easy now eh ;) Knowing how the card works plays a crucial role in consistantly capturing it, so you can't really expect people who don't play the game very often to be awesome and perfect it from the start :V

Recently, when playing with MarisaB in SA, I keep getting game overs at or around Spleen Eater on Normal.

Taking Donut's suggestion to switch to one of the Reimu types, I instead lost at Hell's Artificial Sun with ReimuB.

So close...but Stage 5 is still probably my worst enemy. Orin likes to tear me apart with her nonspells, and then there's Needle Mountain... If I could iron that out, I'd have a 1cc at last. :(

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
During my sa 1cc here's what happened
Stage 1: fine as always
Stage 2: 1 death on midboss parsee spell(lol how?)
Stage 3 and 4:no deaths everything went smoothly
Stage 5: 1 death to orin on ghost wheels
Stage 6: and then utsuho... Needless to say I only had 1 extra life at the end of the fight
2lazy2createbettersig

Haha! See, not so easy now eh ;) Knowing how the card works plays a crucial role in consistantly capturing it, so you can't really expect people who don't play the game very often to be awesome and perfect it from the start :V

I guess i can't.

Zetogunn

• Toasty
  • What is Death, anyway? Is it like pudding?
Me, Every damn time on MoF

Stage 1: Haha! Suck it Characters I've never heard of!
Stage2: Muhaho!
Stage3: Nyo ho~ Oops. I lost a loife?!?! Whaaa?
Stage4: But I-
Stage 5: Fuck this game.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
Nooooo

GFW Normal w/ 11M (that's... good, right?) Points here (with more derps than fingers on my hands)
and GFW Hard attempt with 2M points here.

I am so close.
I can taste it.

And yet

I know that Three Fairies will utterly annihilate me and any attempts at a 1cc :V

THIS IS MY FIRST SHOT AT EoSD EXTRA EVERRR
I am doing things wrong. How do I know? I am Mister Sanity, and by association, I do things wrong.
Please advice on how do.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 08:11:43 AM by Skip Matthews »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
THIS IS MY FIRST SHOT AT EoSD EXTRA EVERRR
I am doing things wrong. How do I know? I am Mister Sanity, and by association, I do things wrong.
Please advice on how do.
The first two attacks are pure streaming. Learn how to collect the Power items here without bombing. The attack after that is more a test of how well you can keep up with the enemy appearances - ReimuB can knock the fairies out pretty quickly. Then the one after that is dodging randomly-oriented patterns, not much advice I can give other than learning how to read it.

The trick for "Silent Selene" is staying under Patchouli. You need to read the layout of the teal bullets to see where she moved to. "Royal Flare" is completely static, so memorize the pattern. Since you also use ReimuB, I recommend going through it the same way as I do in this replay. I actually don't know if anything in "Philosopher's Stone" is aimed - maybe the blue ones, but I know the others aren't. Whether or not anything is aimed, most of it is just dodging.

More streaming for the next two attacks. Again, don't use bombs here - you might need them to survive on Flandre. The books fire a mix of aimed and random shots, but it's mostly dodging anyway. Then one last streaming attack to end the stage portion.

As you probably haven't seen much of Flandre, I don't want to spoil too much of her fight. I'll just do the first two cards. "Cranberry Trap" alternates between pink bullets that travel to the center of the screen (these are static) and blue ones that are aimed at your position. Thus, it can be roughly memorized. During "Laevatein", you might notice that a safespot appears above Flandre's head after she swings her sword on some waves (I stress "after"). Go up there to avoid the harder waves (see my replay above, or pretty much any vid of EoSD Extra on Youtube).

Schezo

• en-counse
Aww but going through Laevatein's bullets are the fun part :V

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
I HAVE FUCKING WASTED 7 HOURS OF MY LIFE FUCKING FAILING AT THE FIRST STAGE OF UFO IN LUNATIC.... OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
FUCKING 7 HOURS.

k, guyz. I'm going to go fail my semester exams because FUCKING UFO wasted all my time. ONLY BECAUSE I HAVE ENOUGH SELF-CONTROL I WONT THROW THIS PIECEOFSHIT GAME OUT THE WINDOW.

(mood = temporary rage. Please wait warmly while girls are relaxing :V)

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
I just found out that TV Tropes got a new section made especially for rants about Touhou bosses  :V :
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ThatOneBoss/Touhou

I just found out that TV Tropes got a new section made especially for rants about Touhou bosses  :V :
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ThatOneBoss/Touhou

"?The Prismriver Sisters, come at the end of stage 4, which is already arguably the hardest non-extra level in Touhou."   :/

Oh and "Dynamic Difficulty"? They mean rank? Isn't that supposed to affect pretty much nothing in PCB aside of Merlin's opener?

Still gotta admit it was an interesting read even though i highly disagree with most that's written there. :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 08:24:34 AM by Zengeku »