Author Topic: This is the 9th thread dedicated to the recording of failures at playing Touhou.  (Read 150994 times)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Re: Why do I suck so much at SA?
« Reply #360 on: December 05, 2010, 05:19:27 AM »
Mind if I see a replay? It could help to see how you're approaching things.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #361 on: December 05, 2010, 05:30:56 AM »
Subterranean Animism is harder than your average Touhou game. For most of the games, I have 1cc'ed most if not all of the shot types on Normal. SA? One and only one.

Also, adding tonight's rage about how Orin is a great character, but a bitch of a boss.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Read this thread?

I dunno anymore.

Edit (for the sake of not being lazy): the only thing that I see that could affect it is... Alt+F4ing out of Danmakufu?

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
« Reply #363 on: December 05, 2010, 05:39:11 AM »
I've found SA to be a big relief after MoF. Until Stage 5, anyway.

If I remember correctly, Stage 2 was Parsee's area? I don't actually spam bombs that much in SA. Unlike most Touhou games, bombs are pretty hard to recharge, considering they come directly out of your power gauge. And without a decent power gauge, you're not going to deal much damage to the bosses that come up.

If you want to get the most out of your bombs though, use Marisa + Nitori. Her bomb shields you AND blows stuff up. I haven't tried it, but I think they even work against the final/extra stage bosses during their spellcards.

Other favorites are....Marisa + Patchouli, for their variety of options (you can use focused firing, wide spread, horizontal spread, and I forgot the last one). And then there's Reimu + Suika if you're having a hard time with collecting points without dying.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 05:43:33 AM by Syanas »

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Merged with rage thread.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
Read this thread?

I dunno anymore.

Edit (for the sake of not being lazy): the only thing that I see that could affect it is... Alt+F4ing out of Danmakufu?
I don't know either, dude. And no, I've never used alt+F4 for Danmakufu.

But I noticed something new. When I select a difficulty for Story Mode, I suddenly see that you can play all four scenarios with the same shottype (a feature I wasn't aware of before). As of right now, MarisaA, B, and C have Scenario D unlocked, but MarisaD doesn't have any others open. Does this mean something else is making Danmakufu not save my clear data properly? Maybe I should re-re-1cc the other scenarios when I have more free time (getting late where I am) just to make sure.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Got past Murasa with 4 spare lives. Managed to blow it. I was at 0 spare lives after stage 5 then game overed on stage 6 opener.

I kind of forgot how to do Kogasa's train, and her first sucked as usual. And Bone Dry Monster likes spawning bullets almost right above me.

Died to Ichirin's memorization opener. Rest of the fight went horribly.

Died to midboss Nue on Stage 4 because I don't know how to properly do it.

Murasa went fine until Sinkable Vortex. Then the rest of the fight sucked.

Enigma. Nothing of Ichirin's stuff is memo-garbage. And about Murasa... it went fine until things can actually start to go bad? There isn't anything that can realistically kill you before that.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
I don't know either, dude. And no, I've never used alt+F4 for Danmakufu.

But I noticed something new. When I select a difficulty for Story Mode, I suddenly see that you can play all four scenarios with the same shottype (a feature I wasn't aware of before). As of right now, MarisaA, B, and C have Scenario D unlocked, but MarisaD doesn't have any others open. Does this mean something else is making Danmakufu not save my clear data properly? Maybe I should re-re-1cc the other scenarios when I have more free time (getting late where I am) just to make sure.

To unlock CtC extra you gotta choose a chacterer and finish 2 scenarios with that characterer. If you finish the game with, say, Marisa A, when you go and play with Marisa C after finishing her scenario you can actually play Scenario A, finishing both scenarios with Marisa C unlocks the extra for her.

But, after that I suggest you just look in the internet for how to unlock phantasm on a cheesy way, it's not worth it to do it the normal way. Seriously, listen to my advice  :derp:

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
LOL, I decided to try to 1cc EoSD Hard with Reimu A. Perfected stage 1, 2, and 3. I got to Patchouli with the best amount of lives, bombs, and score I've ever had..... then she raped me. I lost all but one of my lives by the time I beat her. Throughout stage 5 I was bombspamming, and I managed to get to the Sakuya fight.

She then did ZA WARUDOThe World, finishing the job~

:colonveeplusalpha:

Lasers on Ichirin's first nonspell can be memorized based on her position. I sure as hell don't read and dodge them.

And I often die or bomb to Murasa's first and second nonspells.

Oh, tried figuring out circle streaming in stage 3 without homing. All the attempts failed due to me running into fairies. Yet I can do it most of the time with ReimuB. Wallfairies, I can do it most of the time with ReimuB and not with anyone else.

Eh? I dunno bout' that. I can read and dodge those things just fine. But if you've found some memorize-way then its cool i guess. It just doesn't sound very reliable. And let me tell you one thing more. If you can memorize Ichrin's first non-spell then you can memorize Murasa's 1st and 2nd non-spell too. Its pretty much the same movements every time.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
You can probably practice both openers in DS, can't you?

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
To unlock CtC extra you gotta choose a chacterer and finish 2 scenarios with that characterer. If you finish the game with, say, Marisa A, when you go and play with Marisa C after finishing her scenario you can actually play Scenario A, finishing both scenarios with Marisa C unlocks the extra for her.

But, after that I suggest you just look in the internet for how to unlock phantasm on a cheesy way, it's not worth it to do it the normal way. Seriously, listen to my advice  :derp:
So is that what the Wiki description meant? It wasn't clear enough regarding that. I suppose it makes sense though, as I believe I saw stuff saying Extra and Phantasm are unlocked for one specific character.

Problem is, it still didn't work. I mentioned that Scenario D was unlocked for everyone, so I went through it with MarisaC, but nothing changed again. Scenario C didn't even get unlocked for the other shottypes, as before. What I don't understand is why some of the scenarios aren't unlocking despite 1cc'ing them multiple times (again, credits left to roll normally for all).

To phrase it appropriately for this topic, I'm mad at CtC's programming for not cooperating.

2DNB Kogasa

Second nonspell and Monster Train

Was using SanaeB obviously because I wouldn't try to perfect that fight with anyone else.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
So, SA... Stage 1 and 2? Wonderfully performed nearly each and every time. After that? A war of attrition that I always lose. It's just a matter of losing to Satori, Orin, or Utsuho.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
Was using SanaeB obviously because I wouldn't try to perfect that fight with anyone else.

MarisaA is almost as good as SanaeB at that fight.  Then again, SanaeB is basically the best shot in the game bar none.
edit:
Was doing a practice run of Easy Byakuren for a score run. 
Died once during Flying Fantastica.  Got hit again JUST BEFORE THE BULLET-CLEARING WAVE REACHED MY SPOT 1/3 OF THE WAY UP THE SCREEN.  BULL.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
Well, this isn't me failing, but the AI is in 12.3. Quite hilarious at the end.

Here it is!
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
I haven't really recorded any failures...yet. But I am planning on recording my 1cc replay of Imperishable Night. That being the only game I've ever beaten flawlessly.

I've managed to get Kanako and Byakuren, in their respective titles, with quite few lives remaining, but I keep getting my rear end handed to me.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
"recording" -> "posting in this thread"

I was playing today at school and tried PCB Lunatic again.

A death while Lingering Cold Lunatic was exploding. EFF
A death to a laser in Table Turning. EFFFF

I thought I wasnt that bad at this game

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
Scoring in UFO extra is the most obnoxious fucking thing.  >:(

EDIT:
Also, I shouldn't play when I'm sick and grumpy.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 06:42:29 PM by Jaimers »

No word of a lie, Extra is really shitty to score in. The game is much better and more enjoyable to play for score than Extra is.

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
Orin can go die.  Especially Stage 5 midboss noncard 1. 

Because of her, I've never even seen stage 6

Am I the only one who fares relatively very well against Orin (never dying more than twice on any occasion) yet Stage 6 will always steamroll me?

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
Am I the only one who fares relatively very well against Orin (never dying more than twice on any occasion) yet Stage 6 will always steamroll me?

Yes.

I can count three deaths to Orin and then a perfect Okuu fight until like her third lifebar

Speaking of
SA'S SCORING SYSTEM- WHY DOES IT SUCK

I never expected to say this but... I agree wholeheartedly with you.  :D

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance

You probably just need more practice with Okuu.

Then again, it's the same boat here. Okuu burns through my resource a lot more than Orin, but that's because I practiced Stage 5 about 100 times and Stage 6 maybe 30-40 times.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
I was once able to 1cc PCB Lunatic.

Now I game over on midboss Youmu on Hard.

I suppose this is what happens when you go for over a year barely playing Touhou at all...

Yes.

I can count three deaths to Orin and then a perfect Okuu fight until like her third lifebar

Speaking of
SA'S SCORING SYSTEM- WHY DOES IT SUCK

graze moar :V

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
Man, I've really lost my touch on Utsuho. I can't even capture her first card anymore.