Author Topic: This is the 9th thread dedicated to the recording of failures at playing Touhou.  (Read 151121 times)

Hope this spells preparation for the LR achievements... :V

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
WHAT

Can I has advice

MoF extra is balls

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
It's amazing how consistent I am at 1DNBing Nue. It really is. It's also amazing how I only keep getting better and better. I finally figured out how to master Blue UFOs, I figured out the obvious dope trick to making dodging Undefined Darkness easier, I even thought of a way to maximize survival potential on Grudge Bow.

So WHY. CAN'T. I. PERFECT. HER?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
WHAT

Can I has advice

MoF extra is balls

1. Use MarisaC
2. Win

Or, if you're insistent on using ReimuB...

between memorizing the spawn points, remember you can bomb ten bajillion times and still have 5.00 power by the time you get to Suwako.
Bomb whenever you feel uncomfortable with Suwako's noncards (I am unreliable as shit on her opener. T_T)
Moreover, do we get a replay, and what are you having trouble with?

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
I've 1cc'd many of the games multiple times with multiple different characters. Still, I've cleared more extra stages than I have 1cc's of SA. I haven't played it in about 3 months, and now that I'm playing it again, I'm doing awful.

Man, this game, it's a thing.

EDIT: Died on Parsee TWICE because I crashed into while she was stationary. Why does this game hate me?!
WHAT

Can I has advice

MoF extra is balls
Honest? I beat MoF extra first because I thought it was by far the easiest. I can get to Suwako's last 3 spell cards on a very regular basis, and I've beaten her 3 times, which is 3 times more than I have on the other extra stages I've beaten.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 02:31:00 AM by Reddyne »

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

MTSranger

• =.=
WHAT

Can I has advice

MoF extra is balls

1. bomb the stage, memorize spawn points of fairies
2. Learn Suwako's non-spells (you can kill them before they get dangerous if you use ReimuB/MariC)
3. Learn Suwako's first spell
4. bomb even more
5. ???
6. Win

1. Use MarisaC
2. Win

Forget trying to play with a DDR-pad and try a keyboard. It helps. :V

Bombing tricky non-spells helps. Learning how do the spells too helps. She only has one hard attack about dodging. Froggy. You should bomb that too.

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
Was doing fairly good on a UFO easy run.  Derped a couple of Murasa's spell cards, but came into stage 5 with about 5 lives, no bombs.  Shou's giant blue pillars made me rage with their hitbox (I moved after the laser disappeared, and pew), went into stage 6 with 2 lives, 3 bombs.  Got to Great Devil's Recitation, then rammed a pink bullet.   :flamingv:

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos

Vibri

• yo, the beats are strong
  • but the night is long
Watch a replay.  You have to misdirect it, and then it's trivial.

ebarrett

HOW DOES THAT WORK?
Watch a replay.

Oh yeah that's another thing that also works all the way up to lunatic and beyond.

Jiju

• Newbie Spriter
  • :3
.... ;_____; Why???
After so much... *Cries* Why Shikieiki?!
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=11232
P.D: The only fun match is the Komachi one
;__;
Fake edit: I unfocused a bit on stage 6(7?)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=11227

HOW DOES THAT FIRST CARD WORK?
Party Start is all about misdirection. First of all, you should play this card up higher, around the middle area of the screen and no lower. Stay on whichever side the green lasers are on (they alternate left, right, left, right, etc.), since they come down later. The two "claps" will sound, followed by two fainter chiming sounds. These chimes signal when the masses of bullets start moving toward you - it's important that you're by the green lasers when this happens, as they will travel out of the way enough to not pose any threat. After the bullets pass, slip between the sets of orange lasers and repeat the process.

If I can comment about the rest of your replay, you should probably be bombing less on the stage. MoF Extra has a bunch of streaming attacks, and all of them (except perhaps the red bullet Great Fairies before Kanako and the green spreads in the second half) are simple, provided you don't make any crazy movements. Spend a bit of time to learn the stage portion's patterns, and you'll see just how easy they can be.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
The red bullet fairies before Kanako are easy enough. Circle around the screen.

Dammit Raymoo, why u do dis.  That's the third time her third card has ruined a Lunatic 1cc of Soku with Tenshi for me.

...it's okay to use this thread for the fighters too, right?  I swear I remember people doing that in the past. :V

EDIT: Forgot the replay lol
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 04:47:22 AM by Esoterica »

Just a GBZero

• <Kaisou> ...Yeah, kinda small, but I think it works...
  • Too much manga now means not enough manga
Can someone explain to me why I can get the same distance on normal and hard but I can never seem to 1cc IN at 3 lives?

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
Can someone explain to me why I can get the same distance on normal and hard but I can never seem to 1cc IN at 3 lives?

Because of the ubiquitous difficulty spike.
Imagine a line on a graph that represents the extent of your ability.
The Normal line and the Hard line probably are close together at first, but they both spike up at the same stage. For me, it's either St. 4 or St.  5 in IN, depending on my character.

It's kind of like how I can PCB Lunatic relatively well until it comes crashing down at Alice, and Hard at Youmu. I'd say they're at relatively the same difficulty?
I usually crash at Youmu or Yuyuko on Normal though, but that's more related to a "Holy crap I'm almost done" mindset.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 01:41:47 PM by Skip Matthews »

I can't even play these any more it seems. What the hell happened to cause me to start failing at everything.

I should probably just give up.

I've been playing seven months and I can't even survive when bullet density is above "non-existant." When I started, I couldn't even beat this game with all continues and five lives per credit. I guess you could say I've "improved" in that respect (based on my normal mode runs at least.)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
hello is this the MoF extra boss

NO, THIS IS MADNESS

Thanks and all for your help with her first card. Please give me a moment to familiarize myself a bit more with Green River and Snake Eats Frog.

I just game overed on an easy mode no bomb run in PCB. On Resurrection Butterfly 10%. I had six total lives going into the final battle, too. Yeah.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
hello is this the MoF extra boss

NO, THIS IS MADNESS

Thanks and all for your help with her first card. Please give me a moment to familiarize myself a bit more with Green River and Snake Eats Frog.

replay

Okay, so you're bombing a lot during the stage, which, survival-wise, isn't too bad.
I tried my best to make an acceptable replay, timing out Kanako's spellcards.

Don't listen to my Party Start.
During Iron Rings, if you slowly move to the right at the beginning of each barrage, it'll be hell. The way I do it is to wait as long as I can, then rush around the directly above Suwako as quickly as I can, then rush back to the bottom. It's hard to explain, just watch it.
Jade River... For the first and third and every other wave, try to stay just below Suwako, and stream down the river as it moves. For the even waves, when you're at the bottom, hug the bottom side, rush through the top while there's still an opening, then stop moving...

dammit just watch the replay (and me suck at seven stones + elements)
To be honest, I've only captured elements three twice among all characters, and that was directly after clearing Extra at 90FPS.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
Mmm, I watched it.. and it made me feel so empowered and inspired

It's 01:20 so that's probably why I'm deteriorating (sp..?) as time goes on.

I at one point entered the fight at 98M with 4 lives and I still crashed at Iron Ring, Jade River, and then ended at the last 10% of Snake Eats Frog.

PROGRESS!

also, you are mistaken
I have made a habit out of not letting any items fall off the screen
ever
UFO not letting you collect items with a bomb makes me so freaking upset

WHY DOES (Normal!)MURASA KILL ME FOUR TIMES EVERY RUN
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 07:23:13 PM by Skip Matthews »

Jiju

• Newbie Spriter
  • :3
........*Sigh*....
I guess i should give up for now the idea of 1ccing PoFV hard... :(
Or i could use Aya or Medicine.  <Never!
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=11267
Still, surviving 3 minutes vs Shikieiki with Marisa is a new record for me  :)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
Okay, is there something wrong with the programming for this game? Or am I just missing something? I'm trying to unlock CtC Extra, and I've 1cc'd the game on Normal with all shottypes (as well as on Hard with MarisaC), but Extra is still locked. I've search online, and apparently other people had this problem too, but I couldn't find any real answers. Is there really something obvious I'm missing?
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
I think Drake went on a rampage earlier because his solution to the Extra not unlocking was to watch the credit sequences.

Why does it have to be four minutes long, though...?

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
Does that have to be for all four shottypes too? That I haven't done yet.

EDIT: I re-1cc'd Normal with all shottypes and let the credits roll normally. Extra is still not unlocked.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 03:55:45 AM by ふねん1 »

Smallfry

• Life.....Death.....
  • I own it all
Why do I suck so much at SA?
« Reply #358 on: December 05, 2010, 05:04:47 AM »
Subterranean Animism is the only game I really have trouble on. Even on easy mode, I can't get passed the second stage. I've tried every character type, tried spamming bombs, and I STILL lose. (I don't continue fyi)
SOMETIMES YA DON'T NEED TO BE FASTER THAN THE BEAR, JUST FASTER THAN THE GUY NEXT TO YA

Minch

• Your #1 Idiot Child.
Re: Why do I suck so much at SA?
« Reply #359 on: December 05, 2010, 05:12:40 AM »
Subterranean Animism is the only game I really have trouble on. Even on easy mode, I can't get passed the second stage. I've tried every character type, tried spamming bombs, and I STILL lose. (I don't continue fyi)
You too? I just play on another game and forget about SA for a little while (about 2 weeks) then go back and take a crack at it again.