Author Topic: General IaMP/SWR/Hisotensoku Thread  (Read 149562 times)

Re: General IaMP/SWR/Hisotensoku Thread
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2010, 12:54:54 AM »
You don't lose a card permanently in Snow. The only thing that can destroy cards is one of Reisen's specials.
Actually, that got changed in 1.10.

Also, the Card-Eating Medicine system card destroys cards too.

I'm not sure, I'm just finding that matches end a lot faster with Komachi than when I'm using Aya or Sakuya, and with a lot fewer moves as well.
Well that's why; Aya has the lowest damage output in the game, and Sakuya's is pretty low too thanks to her B knives limiting and prorating by ungodly amounts. :V
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 12:56:55 AM by Esoterica »

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2010, 01:33:14 AM »
Wow, forget what I said about the AI being boring in Hisoutensoku. I forgot there was a difficulty setting in the config, so I set it to Lunatic and the AI is actually bringing me down every few rounds. This just got a lot more fun :3

« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2010, 06:22:40 AM »
Aha, picked up something while watching a Japanese Patch player; even though certain speed and 6C nerfs in 1.10 kept 6C j6C 66 jA from comboing, 6C j4B 66 jA still works.  This opens up so many high-end combo opportunities for people that can manage the execution consistently (read: not me).

...and now I just found a silly glitch with Patchouli that results in extremely long flight. :V

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_GcKzvvJ7E
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 07:27:06 AM by Esoterica »

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2010, 08:05:37 AM »
Could try grazing through the entirety of Reimu's Fantasy Heaven card :V

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2010, 05:39:04 PM »
Tenshi needs some more love. I'm not all that technical of a player, what with people spewing off combos and such, but I thoroughly enjoy using Tenshi and she seems to fare rather well against most people.

« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2010, 05:45:52 PM »
Tenshi needs some more love. I'm not all that technical of a player, what with people spewing off combos and such, but I thoroughly enjoy using Tenshi and she seems to fare rather well against most people.
Tenshi is one of the most entertaining characters to play as, for sure.  Good damage as well as good pressure.

Also, she has a 10k combo. :3  5-card Keystone drop followed by alt.22 keystone wheel and alt.236 heaven-earth press.  If I remember correctly you don't even need control rods if you do it during Drizzle.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 05:47:28 PM by Esoterica »

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2010, 01:42:52 AM »

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2010, 01:49:33 AM »
Just wanna say that I hate that card. AND YOU.

;-;
Love you too. :V

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2010, 02:22:17 AM »
Recently my saved replays haven't exactly been turning out the way they're supposed to - it looks as though the computer is also playing my character as well as the opponent, and it ends up looking nothing like how the fight actually went. Anyone else have this problem sometimes?

« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2010, 02:53:55 AM »
Recently my saved replays haven't exactly been turning out the way they're supposed to - it looks as though the computer is also playing my character as well as the opponent, and it ends up looking nothing like how the fight actually went. Anyone else have this problem sometimes?
Replay desyncs happen occasionally, but I mostly saw it from 1.03 back.

RoyKr

• Gay for Wriggle
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2010, 05:19:01 PM »
Question: Which character do you guys usually choose?

I favor Sakuya, by far. Whenever i play someone else, i end up despairing over the lack of upwards melee, dropkick, speed, or proper projectiles. Me and a guy at school have a few matches a day, he always plays Suika and i always play Sakuya.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2010, 05:34:09 PM »
Prefer Reimu, but Suika is fun against more beginner players since they never expect the 6A fireballs xD

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2010, 06:13:36 PM »
I started out with Utsuho, but I've been learning Youmu lately and will probably stick with her. Utsuho is just becoming too slow for me.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

RoyKr

• Gay for Wriggle
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2010, 06:30:40 PM »
I agree with Utsuho being too slow. I never liked her in this game. Yuyu and Iku on the other hand can be decent, despite being slow.
Wish i had someone i could play against online without it lagging.

Btw, do you guys know of a way to disable the weather effects? Typhoon in particular really ruins the flow of the game.

« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2010, 06:43:28 PM »
River mist is your friend.  Sometimes.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2010, 06:49:16 PM »
I usually go for Tenshi or Komachi. Both are incredibly fun to use.

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2010, 06:59:37 PM »
So I'm trying to record a few runs for a friend.

14 runs.

14 River Mists on the first weather change.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2010, 07:30:22 PM »
When did Hisoutensoku Lunatic AI get so obnoxious? Or maybe I just got bad at this game? I can't tell. In other news, I've taken a bit of a liking to Reisen lately.

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2010, 07:47:19 PM »
Depending on the character the AI plays, it can be pretty annoying or just a slight bother. For me though, the lunatic AI generally plays like the easy AI, except where it's a possibility with the easy AI, it's a certainty with the lunatic AI. If you're under the opponent, prepare to be smashed into the ground. If you missed, prepare to be slung into the far wall. If you pull a spellcard, you'd better have pushed the AI off balance first or it'll all go to waste.

Oh, and when meleeing the AI, remember that the AI will almost always start a hit chain before you. And if you actually do start the chain, you'd better be really fast or it'll break your combo almost instantly and start its own. The lunatic AI plays almost exactly like the easy one, only a lot faster.

RoyKr

• Gay for Wriggle
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2010, 07:53:44 PM »
When did Hisoutensoku Lunatic AI get so obnoxious? Or maybe I just got bad at this game? I can't tell. In other news, I've taken a bit of a liking to Reisen lately.
Storymode, Arcade or Versus?
Storymode is a pain.
With arcade, each match seems to become slightly harder, but it should still be easy to clear on lunatic.
Versus com is always piss-easy.

Reisens attacks all seem very mediocre to me, except for the eye-laser.

« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2010, 07:58:32 PM »
Suwako's my main, but I rotate between her, Sanae, Tenshi, Patchouli, and Alice.

In 1.03 I mained Aya and Reimu, but that resulted in me curbstomping my friends whenever we played, so I stopped using them against friends.  As a result I ended up so out of practice I forgot how to play them.  The massive damage nerfs they both got in 1.10 didn't help any.

Jelly Belly

• Magical dessert
  • am i a danmaku now
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2010, 09:13:33 PM »
I mostly play Iku and/or Tenshi.
But Iku is my main.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2010, 12:50:48 AM »

Remilia.

I also like Sakuya, Tenshi, and China, but I'm best as Remi. :V

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2010, 02:07:24 AM »
I've seem to have lost my touch in this game... Lunatic Arcade AI is suddenly raping me intensely. What the crap happened man. On another note I've been experimenting with other characters and I suck horribly with Iku.  :V

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2010, 02:43:15 AM »
I've seem to have lost my touch in this game... Lunatic Arcade AI is suddenly raping me intensely. What the crap happened man.
AI
There's your problem. Don't play the computer opponents - they'll only make you get worse. It's much more productive to fight other people.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2010, 02:59:45 AM »
The AI just makes you massively suspicious of certain positions that may or may not be taken advantage of in a real fight. Of course, if you're like me and your netplay games are extremely laggy, then the AI's pretty much all you've got. That being said, read my earlier post and you should be able to keep yourself out of trouble.

« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2010, 04:42:42 AM »
I think Reimu got a few ninja buffs amidst her 1.10 nerfs; 5AAA 2B 2C "Enigmatically Casted Pearl" jA j8A does over 3300 damage when it used to do about 3000, and j8A was even one of the attacks that got nerfed.

...either that or whoever put the combo damage down on Mizuumi got it wrong. :V

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2010, 05:01:05 AM »
Just a quick question. How does one determine if Sakuya's dash6C knocks an opponent a little up, or way up?

« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2010, 05:09:58 AM »
Just a quick question. How does one determine if Sakuya's dash6C knocks an opponent a little up, or way up?
Regular vs Counterhit I'd assume.  To my knowledge it doesn't change knockback elevation outside of the usual counterhit properties.

EDIT: Erm...wow.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 12:09:38 PM by Esoterica »

« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2010, 02:13:09 PM »
Top tier hit-boxes.