Author Topic: Let Your Fists Do The Talking! Akyu Quest Continued!  (Read 65215 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Let Your Fists Do The Talking! Akyu Quest Continued!
« Reply #840 on: July 12, 2011, 06:23:47 AM »
I think having no average slots left be better. We're trying to create high art, it's much better to be masterful in a few things than to have bunch of things and some of them are underwhelming, it drags down the quality of the whole work.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 06:37:46 AM by The Purvis »

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #841 on: July 12, 2011, 06:33:18 AM »
>When in the third round does the stunt bonus work?

> This is left to the players' discretion.

>Marble Bulwark: back when we created this, we were trying to avoid having strong fist impressions made in us. Perhaps this can still be of use.

> It can be.

« Reply #842 on: July 12, 2011, 08:07:43 AM »
>Eagle Hides Talons in writing would be something like, having a penchent for understatement on things that can have a big impression.  This would translate into quick precise mov-
>Cross Counter! might be like introducing a new topic, but tying it back to the original in an unforeseen way.  Timing should be important.
>Meiling's Tower seems to have a mystical component to it, something like towering-stylized characters would add to content.

I'll try to make some solid decisions after Thursday. 
Also, Two Fight As One still seems unfair, this trial is supposed to be one on one, but I think I'm being too literal.

Fightest

« Reply #843 on: July 12, 2011, 12:13:27 PM »
>Eagle Hides Talons in writing would be something like, having a penchent for understatement on things that can have a big impression.  This would translate into quick precise mov-
>Cross Counter! might be like introducing a new topic, but tying it back to the original in an unforeseen way.  Timing should be important.

> Using Cross Counter! during your Calligraphy prevents you from benefiting from any effect that may give you extra actions beyond the usual two. Instead, if your opponent benefits from such an effect, you receive an equal benefit.

> Using Eagle Hides Talons during your Calligraphy removes all of your actions for a round. Instead, you receive an extra round that takes no real time at the end of the Trial, after all Impression points have been tallied. At the end of this extra round, you receive an extra filled average-grade slot if you have made any filled average-grade slots in this round, and an extra filled master-grade slot if you have made any filled master-grade slots in this round. Any Impression points gained from this extra round are added to your total normally.

>Meiling's Tower seems to have a mystical component to it, something like towering-stylized characters would add to content.

> This is too vague.

mad

« Reply #844 on: July 12, 2011, 11:38:51 PM »
Content Speed (Heavenly Guardian Defense, nimble shift) 1 filled 3 empty 1 master
Eagle Hides Talons
Content Quality  Quality 2 filled 3 master
Quality (Sledgehammer Fist) Quality Quality 1 filled and 7 master

using Eidetic Memory and stunt bonus

22 possible

Speed(Heavenly Guardian defense, Sledgehammer fist) speed(nimble shift) leaving 1 master and 5 unfilled
Eagle Hides Talons
speed(Qi Release) quality leaving 2 master and 6 average
Quality(Tiger Claw) Quality leaving 6 master and 3 average

Using Eidetic memory

21 possible

>Two Fight as One would be entirely powered by one's own Qi, right?

>Opening the Mind's Eye would grant a new perspective on the subjects.

>Flying Hieda Tackle would be a sudden twist in the story M.Night Hieda
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

« Reply #845 on: July 13, 2011, 07:39:12 AM »
>Using a different writing style would have a different impression, much like a note written in Times New Roman would have a different affection if the note was hand-written.  That's the way I see Meiling's Tower having a subtle effect.  Calligraphy not only gives one the chance to write, but to draw using words. 

Fightest

« Reply #846 on: July 14, 2011, 08:29:58 PM »
>Two Fight as One would be entirely powered by one's own Qi, right?

> Yes.

> For the sake of the Parser's sanity and the pacing, no more Moves or Stances may be applied to the Trial.
> Get on with it :|

mad

« Reply #847 on: July 14, 2011, 10:23:17 PM »
Content Speed (Heavenly Guardian Defense, nimble shift) 1 filled 3 empty 1 master
Eagle Hides Talons
Content Quality  Quality 2 filled 3 master
Quality (Sledgehammer Fist) Quality Quality 1 filled and 7 master

using Eidetic Memory and stunt bonus

22 possible

This is the plan I'm thinking of going with. Any objections?
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #848 on: July 14, 2011, 10:24:10 PM »
Seems good.

« Reply #849 on: July 15, 2011, 10:09:57 AM »
>Will we be able to watch Yugi as well? Or will be absorbed in our work?

Regardless:
>Focus on getting some content out first, then remember our past writings with Eidetic Memory.

Fightest

« Reply #850 on: July 16, 2011, 10:29:40 AM »
Fightest's note: I will be out on holiday for the next week and a bit. I will try to update, but no promises.

Fightest

« Reply #851 on: July 28, 2011, 12:07:22 PM »
Fightest's note: I'm baaaaa-aaaack.

> The first hour starts, and you dive into your work. Your practiced hand lays down a rough outline of the story you try to tell, and, almost subconsciously, you immediately call to surface from the vast depths of your memory turns and passages that, centuries ago, had humbled emperors and brought tears to the eyes of hardened soldiers.

> Yuugi sits, sweat pouring off her creased brow as though she were carrying the Youkai Mountain itself on her back. The pebble on the table in front of her, featureless and dull to anyone else, tells her stories of ancient times, when men were gods, and the world was far, far greater than it is now. While memory may weaken and falter, the earth does not forget.

> You do not notice the passing of the second hour, your work defining your very being. The subtleties and undertones in your tale grow deeper and deeper, utterly obfuscated by the central theme. You will certainly need a trigger to allow them to surface.

> Yuugi remains motionless, her entire body tense with strain. Tales and legends flow into her from the pebble, intertwining, rising, falling, forming a microcosm of an entire world, a world lost to decay, slow and terrible.

> As the third hour draws to a close, you review your work. The core theme of your work resounds strongly, powerful brush strokes accentuating an implacable rhythm, while elegant serif hints at the fragile undercurrent of memory and emotion.

> After nearly three hours of inaction, Yuugi carefully picks up the pebble and, forming a fist around it, starts to squeeze.
> A short crack comes from Yuugi's closed fist. She gently opens up her hand, palm upwards.
> Where the pebble was is now something else entirely: balancing on a delicate stalk of stone, like an opened flower, sits a flat, four-cornered land, a tall mountain at its centre flattening out into a circular continent. More land extends away to three corners, separated from the central island by a yawning gulf that surrounds the central island and continues to the remaining corner. Looking closer, one can see rivers and forests and, perhaps, with a little imagination, one can even start to make out empires and cities.

> You know with no uncertainty that the nature of Yuugi's creation is your trigger. The subtexts and meandering threads of your writing, written and adorned with an almost random thoughtlessness, now suddenly become clear. Where once you spoke of the fragility of memory now runs the deep river of bitterness at a glory lost and an unwinnable struggle. Where once you spoke of the ephemereality of emotion now stands a monument to supreme virtue, and the inevitable ruin that comes to heroes and kings.

> Resultant dice pool:
> Akyu: 7d10 (3 success) + 1d10 (1 success)
> Yuugi: 24d10 (1 success) + 1d10 (3 success)
> Note: Dice that come up 7 or higher are successful.
> Note: Dice that come up 10 receive one extra success.
> Note: Victory is determined best 2 out of 3.

> Rolling:
> Round 1:
> Akyu: 1 3 4 5 5 8 10 + 2 = 7 successes
> Yuugi: 1 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 6 6 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 9 10 + 3 = 8 successes.

> Round 2:
> Akyu: 6 7 7 8 8 8 10 + 3 = 19 successes
> Yuugi: 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 3 4 4 5 5 6 7 7 7 7 8 8 10 10 10 10 10 + 10 = 20 successes. Heavenly Guardian Defense reduces to 16 successes.

> Round 3: 3 6 7 9 9 10 10 + 6 = 17 successes
> Yuugi: 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 6 6 7 7 7 7 8 8 8 8 9 10 10 + 1 = 13 successes

> Yuugi bows her head to you with a solemnity entirely uncharacteristic to her.
> "Between two Oni, I know ye, and ye know me. Yer arm is stronger and yer horn is sharper. I bow down afore ye, and yer thought is mine."

Fightest's note: What's up with the baby-blue colour theme? Can I make it look how it used to?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #852 on: July 28, 2011, 07:32:18 PM »
>Bow.
>"I could not have asked for a more difficult competitor. Thank you. May I count on your assistance, then?"

Fightest

« Reply #853 on: July 28, 2011, 09:48:34 PM »
>Bow.
>"I could not have asked for a more difficult competitor. Thank you. May I count on your assistance, then?"

> Yuugi nods.
> "The gang'll do what ye want."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #854 on: July 28, 2011, 10:10:57 PM »
>Offer her the art we made.
>"And please accept this."

Fightest

« Reply #855 on: July 29, 2011, 07:46:42 AM »
>Offer her the art we made.
>"And please accept this."

> "So I can see yer victory o'er me in plain sight every day from now on, humblin' me pride? Ah, but ye've got a cruel streak in ye."
> Yuugi carefully rolls up your scroll, making sure that the ink has fully dried, and puts it into her backpack.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #856 on: July 29, 2011, 07:50:46 AM »
>"Because I can think of no one more rightfully deserving of it. No one else can appreciate it as much as you. It would be a crime to leave it in anyone else's possession."

Fightest

« Reply #857 on: July 29, 2011, 11:21:32 AM »
>"Because I can think of no one more rightfully deserving of it. No one else can appreciate it as much as you. It would be a crime to leave it in anyone else's possession."

> Yuugi gives you a wry smile.
> "Again with the words. Ye be careful with that tongue o' yers, never know who yer goin' to convince o' somethin' they shouldn't be believin'."

> Parser's note: Speak up when you feel you're done on a scene, so we may expedite.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #858 on: July 29, 2011, 07:59:59 PM »
>"You do me too much honor."
>Is Yuka still around?

Pretty much done. But it would be best to properly treat Yuka and Yuugi before we move on.

Fightest

« Reply #859 on: July 29, 2011, 08:55:17 PM »
>"You do me too much honor."
>Is Yuka still around?

Pretty much done. But it would be best to properly treat Yuka and Yuugi before we move on.

> Yuugi gives you a wave and a nod as she heads out, past the Eientei congregation.
> "We'll meet you at the top. Reckon we can climb faster than you folk can fly," she says as she leaves.
> Yuka appears to have left during the Trial. You spot her lounging outside, much like she was when you first found her here.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #860 on: July 30, 2011, 02:48:50 AM »
>Bow to Yuugi before she leaves. "Alright, Yuugi. I hope that you won't encounter any difficulties along the way."
>Once she's sorted, approach Yuka. "I'm sorry about that, things have been like that the last few days..."

Fightest

« Reply #861 on: July 30, 2011, 09:02:51 AM »
>Once she's sorted, approach Yuka. "I'm sorry about that, things have been like that the last few days..."

> "Eh, don't worry yourself, scrub. Things were just a bit too serious-business in there for me, was afraid I'd spoil the atmosphere. Nice going, by the way. Don't think I've ever seen an Oni treat a human - of all things - equally."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #862 on: July 30, 2011, 09:26:43 AM »
>"Perhaps I should try to kidnap her later on, and see if I can keep things further off balance."
>Chuckle.
>Do we know if there's any real contact between Yuka and Yukari?

Fightest

« Reply #863 on: July 30, 2011, 01:40:39 PM »
>"Perhaps I should try to kidnap her later on, and see if I can keep things further off balance."
>Chuckle.
>Do we know if there's any real contact between Yuka and Yukari?

> Yuka chuckles back.
> No reason to suspect any links whatsoever. Yukari's existence is entirely hypothetical to you.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #864 on: July 30, 2011, 06:26:51 PM »
>What time of day is it, now?
>If it still seems like there is time to travel, say "Unfortunately, I may have to be off again soon. There's still a few more people that I need to find and convince to join with us."
>If it's too close to night time, "It doesn't seem like I'll get much more done today, would you like to stay the evening?"

Fightest

« Reply #865 on: July 30, 2011, 09:01:47 PM »
>What time of day is it, now?
>If it still seems like there is time to travel, say "Unfortunately, I may have to be off again soon. There's still a few more people that I need to find and convince to join with us."
>If it's too close to night time, "It doesn't seem like I'll get much more done today, would you like to stay the evening?"

> If it pleases the players, traveling can be cut out and any further recruitment conversations be mashed together into a montage.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #866 on: July 30, 2011, 09:04:33 PM »
I've no problems with a montage, but I imagine peoples like Remilia, Reimu, and Yukari are going to take special convincings.

Fightest

« Reply #867 on: July 30, 2011, 10:58:48 PM »
I've no problems with a montage, but I imagine peoples like Remilia, Reimu, and Yukari are going to take special convincings.

I'll state the following now:

> To streamline matters, the parser declares that Yukari will be unavailable for conversation before the march on Heaven.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #868 on: July 30, 2011, 11:39:46 PM »
>Well, montage away, Future targets involve following that compass, speaking with people at SDM, and trying to recruit Reimu and people from the village who are willing.

Fightest

« Reply #869 on: July 31, 2011, 01:58:51 PM »
>Well, montage away, Future targets involve following that compass, speaking with people at SDM, and trying to recruit Reimu and people from the village who are willing.

> Once again you find yourself across the width of a luxuriously-bedecked dining from Remilia Scarlet, who is carefully studying you with one eye over the edge of a filigreed teacup.
> She puts down the teacup without having taken a single sip.
> "Is it just my presence that you request? I ask because that, by itself, is impossible: I would have to bring my maid with me, and, as such, there would be no-one to watch over poor, lonely Flandre."
> You hear an excited "I'd get the whole house to myself?" from behind the closed doors to the dining room.