Author Topic: Succubus Manor - A sim magician game.  (Read 50325 times)

mad

Re: Succubus Manor - A sim magician game.
« Reply #810 on: December 21, 2010, 11:22:45 AM »
build barrier

research resourses required to advance to prime 5

empower two gems

1) Ruby hunts for research materials

2) Hibachi takes 12000 to wheel and deal

3) Elspeth supports Hibachi

4 +5 +6) Yuki, Mai and Joan train hard together

7) Eskarina aids research

8) Helepolis massages

9) shotglass makes a special drink to relieve stress
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

« Reply #811 on: December 21, 2010, 02:08:35 PM »
You forgot doing something nice for Alouette, and we have plenty of time: we don't need to empower two gems at once.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #812 on: December 21, 2010, 03:48:01 PM »
You forgot doing something nice for Alouette, and we have plenty of time: we don't need to empower two gems at once.
Spa treatment? :3

The rest of Chaser's stuff is good though.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #813 on: December 21, 2010, 06:47:57 PM »
Thinking on this, if we're gonna take Chronus down, there's something we're going to need to do. It's not a pretty thing, and it's goign to be an expensive thing. But it will likely be necessary to our chances.

We're going to need to hire a demon lawyer.

« Reply #814 on: December 21, 2010, 07:13:03 PM »
What are you saying?! Just listen to yourself, Purvis! We can't go down that road! GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF, MAN!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #815 on: December 21, 2010, 07:20:48 PM »
Oh, it'll hurt us a bit, that I can't deny. But it's gonna hurt him so much more. >=

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #816 on: December 22, 2010, 12:10:17 AM »
Purvis.  I have, at great expense, acquired a letter from Yuki.  It states in no uncertain terms that she's not going to hunt down a spirit that only exists if the universe is breaking.  Because that would be stupid.

She also says she's going to steal your coat, then set you on fire.

tl;dr : Not gonna happen.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #817 on: December 22, 2010, 12:21:44 AM »
wtf railroading  =[

« Reply #818 on: December 22, 2010, 02:55:18 AM »
Wow, that Fourth Wall research's pretty handy.

Okay, so no Prime 5 research, so we'll split research as per usual. Ruby won't need to search for the research materials, so why not have her raid MotK? And we still need to figure out how to reward Alouette.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #819 on: December 22, 2010, 02:56:33 AM »
Pay her bonus moneys on top of Spa holiday?

« Reply #820 on: December 22, 2010, 03:07:20 AM »
They get paid?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #821 on: December 22, 2010, 03:36:26 AM »
This would be why it's a bonus.

« Reply #822 on: December 22, 2010, 04:08:25 AM »
But would she really care about money? I mean, it's nice, but something a little more personalized and heartfelt would be better, don't you think?

For instance, Mai, giftwrapped and delivered to her ow ow stop hitting me ow ow.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #823 on: December 22, 2010, 04:17:50 AM »
But would she really care about money? I mean, it's nice, but something a little more personalized and heartfelt would be better, don't you think?

For instance, Mai, giftwrapped and delivered to her ow ow stop hitting me ow ow.

Well I'd give her a universal guardian in a bottle, but since that's not an option...how about spending 500 golds on a proper party for her?

« Reply #824 on: December 22, 2010, 04:40:56 AM »
That works for me.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #825 on: December 22, 2010, 02:37:09 PM »
Thirded.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #826 on: December 22, 2010, 09:03:43 PM »
Fourthed.

Heck, we could try to break the fourth wall and have someone mention that we/MotK/Alt MotK sends best wishes or w/e :3

But seriously, 1d12 and no roll went above 3? I swear, the butler musta been involved to hinder the rolls :V

« Reply #827 on: December 25, 2010, 02:49:22 AM »
Okay, so this is (what I think is) the general consensus.

Build: Barrier

Research: 1/2 Patchouli's Research 1/2 Win Game

Magic: Empower one gem, Create Foundation

Specific Instructions

1. Ruby raids MotK

2. Hibachi plays the market with 10,000 currency

3. Elspeth supports Hibachi

4. Eskarina aids research

5.  Helepolis massages Yuki and Mai

6, 7, 8. Three Devils (volunteers, I guess) tasked to throw Alouette a party with 500 currency

9. A Christmas Miracle!

Though, having volunteers for the party makes me a bit wary...

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #828 on: December 25, 2010, 10:40:41 PM »
Looks good.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #829 on: December 29, 2010, 05:19:04 AM »
Huh, looks like Sect did my work for me while I was out.

YukI: "Ha!  You just were too lazy to wing everything while you were working off your sad excuse for a laptop."

Anyway, I'll have results tomorrow.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #830 on: December 30, 2010, 04:04:51 AM »
Week 43 Results

Build Phase

Apophis: "I don't think anything can break in this barrier without us knowing about it."

Hibachi: "Hey, if you want me to grab some books for the library I think I can hunt down some rare ones now.  Just be warned, they take very odd payment sometimes."

You built a barrier.

Research Phase

Research for Patchouli: 887

Win Game: 645

Yuki: "Hm...  Win Game will take at least 300 mana."

Spells:

Yuki: "Hm... Empowering gems is much less tiring then before."

Special Actions

1) Ruby - raid MotK

Ruby: "Alright let's do this!"

Event

2) Hibachi - play with 10,000

Hibachi: "Um... I don't really know what to do with this much money.  Buy a barony maybe?"

Hibachi: "Anyway I tossed it into a diverse portfolio.  Not much gain, but the moneys safe.  And

I got a whole buch of order forms for some strange game."

Gained $2,000

3) Elspeth - Support Hibachi

Elspeth: "Oh dear.  I'm going to be busy with my market manipulations...."

4) Eskarina - Support research

Eskarina: "AHHHHHHHH!!!  The Heisenburg uncertainty principle does not work that way!!!!"

Mai: "..."

Failure

5) Helepolis - Massage Yuki and Mai.

Yuki: "Oh sweet Shinki I needed this.  More to the left please."

Mai: "..."

Helepolis: "We should be quiet.  I think Mai is sleeping."

6 + 8 + 7) Party

Chou: "I'm in!"
Shotglass: "Me too!"
Heather: "Oh! Can I try something!?"

Event

9: Christmas Miracle

Quote from: Fluff
"Hey Alouette!" Yuki called from her office.

The maid devil was there in a moment.  "Yes mistress?"

"Has Ruby come back yet?" Yuki asked.

Allouette shook her head.  "No, but she hasn't sent a distress signal.  And since the worst thing that could happen to her is being 'parmabanned' as they call it, I wouldn't worry."

"That's good," Yuki went back to her paperwork.  "Oh, and Alouette, I'm giving you tomorrow off."

"There's no need for that my mistress.  I enjoy doing my job," Alouette said.

Yuki sighed.  Then a thought struck her.  "Well it's Christmas tommorrow."

Alouette blinked.  "I'm a devil."

"Exactly.  Don't you all need to have a loud debaucherous party to help people forget the reason for the season?" Yuki pointed out.

Alouette smiled brightly.  "That's a great idea mistress.  Thank you.  I'll go tell the others."

Yuki breathed a sigh of relief.  That would also help the devils who were making the party arrangements keep their cover.

---

Yuki was idly wondering what the heck Heather was building with Apophis' help when the gate opened an Ruby dragged a fat man through.

He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot, and his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot.  His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry. 

And he was pretty much tied up from head to toe.

Yuki didn't want to ask who he was.  But Ruby dragged the man in front of her and just smiled. 

So she hesitantly said, "So what happened, Ruby?"

Ruby immediately burst into an explination.  "So I was lurking about, looking for an opening, but I couldn't find anything.  And all the easy targets were people who sent us on this mission anyway.  So I figured we needed to do something clever.  Something unexpected.  Something that wasn't specifically asked for."

"Then I saw father Christmas here and I immediately knew what to do."  She gestured to her prisoner.  "I stole MotK's Christmas!"

Yuki sighed, then put her face in her hands as Mai began whistling 'Mr Grinch.'  "You know, you're hurting innocents by that too."

There was a collective shrug.

"And that means a small band of children will soon be in our compound, to rescue Christmas, and you know how that goes," Yuki stated.

"Oh, whoops..." Ruby said.

"Hm... Still I suppose we could try negotiations," Yuki said.  "Untie the fat man."

The not so jolly saint Nick looked up at the magician.  "Look I've got a lot of work to do young missy.  You need to let me get back to delivering those presents!"

Yuki shook her head.  "Perhaps we could make an arrangement.  We let you go, and you skip a few people."

"Look I made the list, and checked it twice, and I'm not going to be bribed by a bunch of devils," the man in red replied defiantly.  "Do your worst."

Yuki thought for a moment.  Her worst would be a bad idea.  She knew how those stories went. 

She needed another plan.

"Hm... While you're here tell me, how do you deliver all the presents in one night," Yuki asked.  "Is it some kind of time magic?"

"Hrm, it's more the spirits allow me to bend time a little," Saint Nick said.

"So keeping you here would really annoy the forces of the universe responsible for time," Yuki continued.

"Indeed, so you'd better let me go," the old man said.

Yuki nodded but kept talking.  "Also if we had you as a sheild we couldn't get 'banned.' 

Meaning there would be an awesome fight scene.  And we might be able to set Purvis on fire."

"That's exactly right.  It would get you on the naughty list for sure!  So please let me go!"

"Okay," Yuki cut the man's bonds.

There was a long pause.  Finally Mai spoke.  "What."

"Look, we know that this is a horrible plot to gain entertainment out of us.  So invading them, like they asked, would only bring them joy.  In fact we've got a perfect setup here.  It hits most of the things that they want us to do."  Yuki smiled.  "And we're going to ignore all of it.  That'll piss them off more then anything else we could do.  Sorry for the inconvenience Father Christmas.  If you want you can come back here when you're done for a party."

Saint Nick recovered quickly and smiled broadly.  "Ho ho ho!  Very kind of you missy, but I've got a long way to go.  But in return for being so reasonable about it, let me give you this." 

The fat man opened up his sack, and a pile of presents fell out.  "I normally don't include 4th wall based morality in my list, but this time I'll make an exception.  I'll be giving out a little more coal this year, so you can take the extras."

"Thank you!" replied Yuki and several of the assembled devils.

The fat man turned back as he headed back to the gate, and waved with a twinkle in his eye. 

"Merry Christmas to all."  Then he jumped through.

"And now, if you three'd be so kind..." Yuki said, turning to the conspirators.

"Right!" Heather said and flipped a switch.

There was the crack of fireworks and the scafolding around the building fell away to reveal another temporary sauna house, with festive (waterproofed) decorations, and a giant sign saying 'Thank you Alouette.'

"Let's start the party!" Shotglass proclaimed.

---

Yuki was proud that the devils had mastered the spells that allowed the room to be steaming hot everywhere, while still keeping "Shotglass"' bar and Chou's entrees cool.

She was mildly concerned that the offical dress of the party was a towel.

Fortunately she'd learned a spell to keep towels in place.  It was something she picked up early on after the devils moved in.

There was also her modesty to consider, but apparently Chou had vetoed the mirrored floor and a couple of 'brain crackers' from the bar had removed the rest of her worries about that.  In fact Yuki was feeling fairly good.

"Oh, Mistress Yuki!"

Yuki looked over to see Alouette waving at her from near the tree.  Seeing as this was her party, or at least, more her party, Yuki wandered over.

"What is it Aloue... mph!" Yuki's question was cut off by Alouette kissing her.  Her brain took a quick break to try and figure things out.

Right as she realized she really should break away, Alouette leaned back.  The devil pointed up.  "Mistletoe," the devil said with a smile.

Yuki groaned, but smiled.  It was a fair cop.  "You got me."

Then someone jumped at her and she felt her lips being claimed again.  This kiss was a lot more... passionate then Alouette's had been.  And Yuki could taste alcohol on the other persons tounge.

Finally the kiss broke.  "Mer'y Chris'mas," said Mai with a smile before colapsing to unconciousness on top of Yuki.

Yuki felt her cheeks heat up, her brain started running in circles.  What was going on!?

Fortunately at that moment a camera flash went off, allowing Yuki to regain her focus.

Even better, she was sober enough to only light the camera on fire as she destroyed the evidence.
Event:A Christmas miricle.  A nice party.

Also a little bit of trolling.

NOTHING ELSE HAPPENED.
Max morale +10

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #831 on: December 30, 2010, 04:05:23 AM »
Week 44

Current Stats
Wood1648Gems326
Iron802Money20888
Research185Mana200+50
Defense705Notoriety229
Stress0%Morale190/190
Income - 3393 + 44

First post for current devil

list

Market
AssetBuy PriceSell Price
Wood4029
Gems120100
Iron4837

Build - You can build the following structures:
Clock Tower2000 wood, 1750 ironThe Finishing Touch.  Wins the

game.  Prince decreases as other build paths are completed.
Research - You can research the following things.  Spells in italics are halfway

finished.
Win Game: 560
Research for Patchouli: 807

Spells - You may cast the following spells:
Name Devil - 100 mana - All done! :)
Call Rain - 20 mana - Gets you rain.
Control Weather - 60 mana - Name a weather type, any weather type...
Create Money - 1 mana - Creates $2
Create Wood - 5 mana - Creates 1 wood
Create Iron - 10 mana - Creates 1 iron
Create Gems - 20 mana - Creates 1 gem
Transmute Gem to Wood - 5 mana 1 gem - Creates 40 wood
Transmute Gem to Iron- 10 mana 1 gem - Creates 20 iron
Charm Devil - 10 mana - Removes negative mental effects from a devil.  Costs morale.
Cure Devil - 30 mana - Heals a Devil of any physical condition. Removing Death costs 5 gems

more.
Dig - 30 mana - Decreases building costs by 10 wood and iron.  Usable once per structure.
Create Foundation - 100 mana - Increase building discount by 5%
Enhance Devil - 50 mana - Doubles Devils effectiveness at the cost of a week of exhaustion.
Devil Trigger - 200 mana - Doubles Devils effectiveness
Demonic Summoning - 50 mana - +1 special action.  Activated devils can act again.
Empower Gem - 1 gem 100 mana - Gives you 50 mana to use later.
Money Tree - 1 gem, 5 mana - Ads 5 income
Planar Portal - 10 gems 50 mana or 15 gems 100 mana - Creates a portal to a location

inside/outside of Makai.

Special Actions - Maximum 7 - Limit one per devil/magician
Stress Relief - Helepolis.  Removes d10+15 stress.
Grind levels - Ruby.  Helps (slowly but safely) level Ruby and gets random drops.
Dance Party - Requires Dancer, Bartender.  Devils do not become bored at the end of the week.   Morale may be gained, and stress may be gained or lost depending on RNG.  This party costs d4 * 4d10 in cash.  Butler can decrease the multiplier.
Forge Tool - Ferra.  Once per devil spend $1000 and 5 gems to gain a level.
Support - Elspeth.  By using her action one special action automatically succeeds.
Fight Crime - Mai.  This weeks event is canceled and reduces notoriety.  Mai and Yuki may be

injured.
Write in

« Reply #832 on: December 30, 2010, 04:23:49 AM »
Actually, I was quite amused by Yuki's plan, though, I'm a bit insulted at Ruby's insinuation that I'm easy.

Anyways, there's really not much that Hibachi can do with the market, so we should really ramp back the amount of money we give her (if we send her out again).

... Wow, there's really not much else we can have them do, not until the Win Game spell is ready to be cast and the Clock Tower built.

So, my suggestions:

Build: A Really Sweet Treehouse

Magic: Empower one gem, Transmute Gems to Iron x 5, Transmute Gems to Wood x 10

Specific Instructions

1 & 2. Fight Crime (Makai's been too long without her saviors!)

3. Elespeth supports the Dynamic Duo

4, 5, 6. Elle, Cassia, and Hibachi go over the estates financial records and investment portfolios, just to make sure that everything is in order and we don't have any surprises come back to bite us in the ass.

7. *Someone else suggest*

8. *Same here*

9. *Everyone ready for New Year's?*

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #833 on: December 30, 2010, 06:40:02 AM »
We must learn the secrets of The Claus. Such will be the secrets to taking Chronus down a few pegs.

« Reply #834 on: December 30, 2010, 06:56:40 AM »
Oh for crying...

EDIT: Though, now I'm intrigued by a game of Purvis Quest, where he tries to take down Chronus.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 08:41:13 AM by Sect »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #835 on: December 30, 2010, 03:06:14 PM »

Magic: Empower one gem, Transmute Gems to Iron x 5, Transmute Gems to Wood x 10

Specific Instructions

1 & 2. Fight Crime (Makai's been too long without her saviors!)

3. Elespeth supports the Dynamic Duo

4, 5, 6. Elle, Cassia, and Hibachi go over the estates financial records and investment portfolios, just to make sure that everything is in order and we don't have any surprises come back to bite us in the ass.
These sound good.

Add a New Year's Eve party in there as well, and get Ruby to raid some place.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #836 on: December 31, 2010, 01:50:53 AM »
Heck, for the New Years party, some of MotK should join in :P

mad

« Reply #837 on: December 31, 2010, 06:23:09 AM »
ruby hunts for research material

Joan trains

Maria trains
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

« Reply #838 on: December 31, 2010, 06:26:03 AM »
I fail to see how Joan and Maria need more training, Chaser. I don't mind the idea of sending Ruby to "acquire" research material, but we need to figure out who will handle the New Year's Party.

Also, I'm surprised no one's commented on the build project.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #839 on: December 31, 2010, 06:33:42 AM »
It is a proper treehouse. I support it whole heartedly and whole assedly. It will no doubt be integral to taking down Chronus