Author Topic: Maribel Quest Succeeding - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 74892 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Maribel Quest Succeeding - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #120 on: August 11, 2010, 04:34:56 PM »
>"Have you actually spoken to Yuugi face to face about this, yet?"

>"She confronted me in the street, and made the challenge, yesterday," says Utsuho. "But, aside from that, no. She kinda stalked off. And...well..."
>She shrugs.

> "Hmm. What if I told them you were curious about Sanae's dream? You seemed regretful that you never found out what that was when you talked about it. Or do you think that would be gloating?

>"If you did it right, it might work," says Utsuho. "But I'd be careful about it. Sounds kind of after the fact. But if you have problems? Go ahead and blame me so they don't get mad at you."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2010, 04:36:53 PM »
> "I'm not about to go blaming you for anything. It sounds like you have enough problems on your hands."
> "I...don't suppose you're remorseful in any capacity? That might be a good starting point if so."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2010, 04:38:23 PM »
>"I.... do you think it would be terribly unwise for me to try to explain some of the situation to her? I am an outside party, after all. In an even more literal sense than usual."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2010, 04:50:21 PM »
> "I'm not about to go blaming you for anything. It sounds like you have enough problems on your hands."
> "I...don't suppose you're remorseful in any capacity? That might be a good starting point if so."

>She nods. "Don't worry. I've taken them once. But I appreciate the thought.
>"...Yeah. A bit. I mean, it's better this way, no question about it. Just I am a bit sad about a couple things."

>"I.... do you think it would be terribly unwise for me to try to explain some of the situation to her? I am an outside party, after all. In an even more literal sense than usual."

>"To Yuugi? Well, I don't think it'd make any difference, but I wouldn't stop you. Just be careful not to look like you're taking a side. Well, not my side."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2010, 04:51:03 PM »
> "Polyamory's out of the question, huh?"

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2010, 04:52:47 PM »
>"Well, I mean, I kinda am on your side, you know. But I won't let on about that to her. Really, I can just take Parsee's side. Because at the moment, no matter who beats who, she gets to suffer. Hopefully Yuugi can at least see that."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #126 on: August 11, 2010, 04:58:43 PM »
> "Polyamory's out of the question, huh?"

>"Huh?"

>"Well, I mean, I kinda am on your side, you know. But I won't let on about that to her. Really, I can just take Parsee's side. Because at the moment, no matter who beats who, she gets to suffer. Hopefully Yuugi can at least see that."

>She nods. "That'll work."

>_

« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2010, 05:03:14 PM »
>"Where do you think I could find her, now, anyway?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #128 on: August 11, 2010, 05:13:38 PM »
>"Where do you think I could find her, now, anyway?"

>"I'd check around her house. It's the big one to the east, only one with two stories."

>_

« Reply #129 on: August 11, 2010, 05:14:41 PM »
>"Ah, ok. Anything else you think I should know, if I'm going to be dealing with her?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #130 on: August 11, 2010, 05:20:54 PM »
>"Ah, ok. Anything else you think I should know, if I'm going to be dealing with her?"

>She lowers her voice a bit. "There's some tricks dealing with oni. Remember, they're rigorously honest, and they expect the same from you. So if you're trying to  hide something, be good at it. And if yuugi likes you, she'll probably try to liquor you up or something. Claim you're a buddhist, and that ought to get you out of that. I've seen what that stuff does to humans, and you'd be done for the day until tomorrow's lunch. Aside from that, just be respectful."

>_

« Reply #131 on: August 11, 2010, 05:25:03 PM »
>"Ok, I'll keep all that in mind. And I intend to be perfectly respectful. I mean, I have to admit that I'm not that kindly disposed to her right now, seeing as how she wants to beat your face in. But I can give her the benefit of the doubt given the circumstances. I'm sure it's pretty unpleasant for everyone."
>"Well, wish me luck, I guess. I'll be back a little later. I assume you'll still be here, then?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #132 on: August 11, 2010, 05:30:39 PM »
>"Ok, I'll keep all that in mind. And I intend to be perfectly respectful. I mean, I have to admit that I'm not that kindly disposed to her right now, seeing as how she wants to beat your face in. But I can give her the benefit of the doubt given the circumstances. I'm sure it's pretty unpleasant for everyone."
>"Well, wish me luck, I guess. I'll be back a little later. I assume you'll still be here, then?"

>She nods. "Yeah, if I'm not here, I'll be back home or maybe at the bridge."

>_

« Reply #133 on: August 11, 2010, 05:33:07 PM »
>"Sure. Hang in there, ok? I'll see you in a bit."
>Exit the Felt
>Scan around for a two story house. If Utsuho claims its the only one, it might stand out.
>If we can't see it from there, take to the air a bit for a better vantage point.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #134 on: August 11, 2010, 05:40:36 PM »
>"Sure. Hang in there, ok? I'll see you in a bit."
>Exit the Felt
>Scan around for a two story house. If Utsuho claims its the only one, it might stand out.
>If we can't see it from there, take to the air a bit for a better vantage point.

>"I'll be here," she says.
>You exit the Felt, finding the music is pretty firmly ensconced in your head. Looking around, you don't see any two story buildings immediately. But taking to the air, you can see it a little ways to the east, a rather large, square-shaped manor house.

>_

« Reply #135 on: August 11, 2010, 05:41:33 PM »
>Head towards it

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #136 on: August 11, 2010, 05:44:05 PM »
> Keep practicing those barriers

« Reply #137 on: August 11, 2010, 05:46:16 PM »

>Don't draw attention to ourself while entering potentially hostile territory. We can practice in peace and comfort later

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #138 on: August 11, 2010, 05:50:05 PM »
>Head towards it

>You fly toward the manor.
>It is square in design, and pretty simple, built around a central courtyard with a rather traditional garden in it. You wonder how the trees can thrive down here. A long porch runs across the front of the building, lined with cheerful-looking red lanterns. The road in front of the house is pretty wide, practically a town square, and curiously empty, given how crowded the rest of the city is. You can see two people sitting on the porch; a smaller dark-haired woman wearing a sailor's cap and a huge blonde oni with a single red horn. Looking at her, you find yourself reminded of Lemon Drop's use of the phrase 'brute squad'. They are talking together, and don't seem to have noticed you yet.

>Don't draw attention to ourself while entering potentially hostile territory. We can practice in peace and comfort later

>You consider some magic practice, and quickly discard it as a silly idea.

>_

« Reply #139 on: August 11, 2010, 05:52:41 PM »
>Walk up to them calmly
>"Um, excuse me... Sorry to interrupt, but I'm looking for Yuugi."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #140 on: August 11, 2010, 05:56:11 PM »
>Walk up to them calmly
>"Um, excuse me... Sorry to interrupt, but I'm looking for Yuugi."

>"Yeah, what?" says the big oni, looking at you and setting aside a rather huge sake dish. "You looking for work or something?"
>The other woman regards you curiously.

>_

« Reply #141 on: August 11, 2010, 05:59:22 PM »
>"Um, no. Actually, it's a bit personal."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #142 on: August 11, 2010, 06:05:29 PM »
>"Um, no. Actually, it's a bit personal."

>"You're looking to have someone set straight, go hire a bum off the corner of The Felt or somethin'," says the oni, whom you presume is Yuugi. "Got better things to do."

>_

« Reply #143 on: August 11, 2010, 06:07:56 PM »
>"No, that's not really what I meant, either. It's... well, it's about Parsee and Utsuho."
>Brace for impact

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #144 on: August 11, 2010, 06:14:33 PM »
>"No, that's not really what I meant, either. It's... well, it's about Parsee and Utsuho."
>Brace for impact

>"I'll get to it when I bloody well do!" Yuugi shouts, "I can't just up and zoggin' leave Murasa here in the lurch, can I now? Just go find a bookie and put all your money on me, and I'll get to it when I get to it, and not a damn moment before!"

>_

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #145 on: August 11, 2010, 06:16:28 PM »
> So that's Murasa

> "No that isn't what I'm here for"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #146 on: August 11, 2010, 06:20:46 PM »
> "Wait, Murasa? The Clinic's Murasa? Byakuren sent me down here to check up on you. Is something wrong?"

« Reply #147 on: August 11, 2010, 06:21:43 PM »
>"I'm not trying to egg you on or anything. Rather the opposite, actually. I just honestly wanted to talk to you about it. I'm not sure how many details you have about what originally happened between them, and I think that's quite important in this case."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #148 on: August 11, 2010, 06:26:12 PM »
> So that's Murasa

> "No that isn't what I'm here for"

>So it seems.
>Yuugi gives you a look. "Maybe you oughta be more forward, then, rather than makin' someone only have to go and guess why you're on their doorstep!"

> "Wait, Murasa? The Clinic's Murasa? Byakuren sent me down here to check up on you. Is something wrong?"

>"Yeah, that's me," says the dark-haired woman. "Been here with Yuugi, is all."

>"I'm not trying to egg you on or anything. Rather the opposite, actually. I just honestly wanted to talk to you about it. I'm not sure how many details you have about what originally happened between them, and I think that's quite important in this case."

>"What's there to talk about?" Yuugi says, "Damn crow's muscled in on my woman, now I have to set her straight."
>Murasa gives her a look, but says nothing.

>_

>_

« Reply #149 on: August 11, 2010, 06:27:40 PM »
>"How much do you remember about that other world, Yuugi? You know, the dream everyone shared?"