Author Topic: Okuu Quest Thereafter - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 81889 times)

Re: Okuu Quest Thereafter - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2010, 01:39:35 AM »
>"Do you think it might be better to wait until the three of us meet in person, though? Might be easier, face-to-face. At the very least, she's already more committed by that point."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2010, 01:45:32 AM »
>"Do you think it might be better to wait until the three of us meet in person, though? Might be easier, face-to-face. At the very least, she's already more committed by that point."

>"Well, if that's what you want," says Parsee. "I'd think it'd be more likely to frustrate her, but I can do it either way."

>_

« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2010, 01:50:04 AM »
>"Um, well... I suppose you do have a point. We can at least bring it up, now."
>To Ace: "My friend actually wanted to have a talk to you about the information you were interested in getting out of that place, and her own interest in part of that. Are you willing to talk to her for a moment?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2010, 02:02:08 AM »
>"Um, well... I suppose you do have a point. We can at least bring it up, now."
>To Ace: "My friend actually wanted to have a talk to you about the information you were interested in getting out of that place, and her own interest in part of that. Are you willing to talk to her for a moment?"

>"huh yeah sure," says Ace. "i can multitask no problem."

>_

« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2010, 02:28:56 AM »
>To Parsee: "Ok, she's all yours."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #125 on: July 14, 2010, 02:39:36 AM »
>To Parsee: "Ok, she's all yours."

>Parsee takes the laptop from you, sitting down beside you and leaning up against you. She starts talking with Ace. You could probably watch if you wanted.

>_

« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2010, 02:40:19 AM »
>Watch what they're saying

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #127 on: July 14, 2010, 03:09:34 AM »
>Watch what they're saying

>You watch the conversation, although it's moving a bit too quickly to read everything. Parsee seems to have taken the position of asking for leftovers, rather than demanding a share. Ace doesn't seem too irate about it, although you imagine she's not especially happy, either.  Parse goes on to explain who she is. which gets a laugh out of Ace. Parsee mutters some imprecations, but doesn't type anything of the sort, soldiering on with arguments akin to the ones she gave you last night when you talked about releasing the information. After a bit, Ace agrees that she'll go through the data and let Parsee have all the junk to do what she will with.

>_

« Reply #128 on: July 14, 2010, 03:29:03 AM »
>"Well, that went better than I'd hoped."
>"And... well, I understand how much it must have pained you to ask only for whatever information Ace didn't want. I know how strong your convictions are. Don't take this the wrong way, but... I think it was very big of you. And, well... I feel kinda proud of you right now."
>Give her a hug

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #129 on: July 14, 2010, 03:43:54 AM »
>"Well, that went better than I'd hoped."
>"And... well, I understand how much it must have pained you to ask only for whatever information Ace didn't want. I know how strong your convictions are. Don't take this the wrong way, but... I think it was very big of you. And, well... I feel kinda proud of you right now."
>Give her a hug

>"Yeah," she says,  leaning into your hug. "It's really more that I'd rather get some than get none. And we're gonna need her. Even if we don't, it'll be best to have her there."

>_

« Reply #130 on: July 14, 2010, 03:46:37 AM »
>"I know. It may have been done out of necessity, but it still takes a lot of bravery to be willing to back down from something like that, even when it's necessary. A lot of people don't."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #131 on: July 14, 2010, 03:54:49 AM »
>"I know. It may have been done out of necessity, but it still takes a lot of bravery to be willing to back down from something like that, even when it's necessary. A lot of people don't."

>She nods. "It's an easy choice, because I don't have any other choice. Don't worry about it. Afterward, I'm going to try to broker something a bit more favorable."

>_

« Reply #132 on: July 14, 2010, 03:55:54 AM »
>"Oh? What did you have in mind?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #133 on: July 14, 2010, 04:11:44 AM »
>"Oh? What did you have in mind?"

>"I dunno. Ideally, I get her to let me have a copy, and let me release it a little while after she sells it. I'll see what I can get."

>_

« Reply #134 on: July 14, 2010, 04:17:21 AM »
>"Yeah. That might work, maybe. But you're right. Those are details. The big work still has to happen first, and none of us knows what we're going to find tonight. I look forward to the happy problem of arguing over who has dibs on what. That means we've already succeeded, now doesn't it?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #135 on: July 14, 2010, 04:23:42 AM »
>"Yeah. That might work, maybe. But you're right. Those are details. The big work still has to happen first, and none of us knows what we're going to find tonight. I look forward to the happy problem of arguing over who has dibs on what. That means we've already succeeded, now doesn't it?"

>"Exactly," says Parsee,  returning the laptop, and leaning her head back against you.

>_

« Reply #136 on: July 14, 2010, 04:26:14 AM »
>Rest quietly with Parsee until it's time to leave for the university
>Then leave for the university

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #137 on: July 14, 2010, 04:39:39 AM »
>Rest quietly with Parsee until it's time to leave for the university
>Then leave for the university

>The two of you cuddle together for awhile. Eventually, the time comes, and Orin returns. You bid Parsee goodbye, while you and Orin head to the bus stop. It doesn't take long for the bus to arrive. You two climb on silently; the other people onboard seem a million miles away now. Still, you don't feel too nervous about this. It's simple in theory. Stargazer seems ready to do what is necessary, while she watches the city pass by through the windows, sometimes sticking her head through them to get a better look at some time that catches her interest. You can't read Orin very well, but you think she's probably a little worried. But that's not surprising, she has the harder job.
>Soon enough, you arrive at the University. "Right," says Orin, looking at you. "What do you want me to do, exactly?"

>_

« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2010, 04:46:48 AM »
>"Well, I need to get a calendar, for the prop support. You can tell me where to get them, right?"
>"Then I'm going to swing by Okazaki's office and have Stargazer take a look inside. Assuming we find nothing, I'll move away from her office, and come back during office hours. That's where you come in."
>"I'll go to talk to Yumemi, and after a short time of me being with her, you need to walk by and do the whole 'can I get directions?' bit."
>"It's best if we're not seen together, as much as possible. You can idle near the building, and come in a short while after I go back in to talk to her."

>Go pick up a calendar

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2010, 04:58:50 AM »
>"Well, I need to get a calendar, for the prop support. You can tell me where to get them, right?"
>"Then I'm going to swing by Okazaki's office and have Stargazer take a look inside. Assuming we find nothing, I'll move away from her office, and come back during office hours. That's where you come in."
>"I'll go to talk to Yumemi, and after a short time of me being with her, you need to walk by and do the whole 'can I get directions?' bit."
>"It's best if we're not seen together, as much as possible. You can idle near the building, and come in a short while after I go back in to talk to her."

>Go pick up a calendar

>"Yeah," says Orin, "just go to the place where you had your meeting and look around, they're out there. I'll wait outside the building a little ways. Make sure you see me. I'll try to time things well, but tie her up until I get there."
>You follow Orin's directions, and return to the admissions office. It is darkened and empty, but the materials you need are right there.
>You obtain: Scheduling Materials

>_

« Reply #140 on: July 14, 2010, 05:03:52 AM »
>Flick through them quickly so that we at least have an idea where the physics-related courses and relevant information in the book are. Don't want Yumemi to think we hadn't looked at this at all, yet.
>Go to Yumemi's office
>Current time

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2010, 05:11:10 AM »
>Flick through them quickly so that we at least have an idea where the physics-related courses and relevant information in the book are. Don't want Yumemi to think we hadn't looked at this at all, yet.
>Go to Yumemi's office
>Current time
[/quote

>You flip through the materials quickly on your way to the building.
>Heading inside, you find the building is mostly empty. You follow Parsee's directions, and soon find yourself outside of the Dean's Office. Checking your cellphone, you see it is 5:56.

>_

« Reply #142 on: July 14, 2010, 05:31:33 AM »
>The Dean's office? Is Yumemi the dean or something? I don't recall this piece of information...
>Tell Stargazer to have a quick look inside the room
>Can we use her senses to see if there's a purse or anything of the sort around?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #143 on: July 14, 2010, 05:34:36 AM »
>The Dean's office? Is Yumemi the dean or something? I don't recall this piece of information...
>Tell Stargazer to have a quick look inside the room
>Can we use her senses to see if there's a purse or anything of the sort around?

>It was not mentioned to you directly, no.
>Stargazer does as asked.
>You can't really see through her, you just get a sense of what she's paying attention to. She seems to find the interior fascinating. But she tells you that she doesn't see anything like a purse in there.

>_

« Reply #144 on: July 14, 2010, 05:36:19 AM »
>Ask her if she sees anything like that card we showed her earlier. Look in the desk drawers, and such

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #145 on: July 14, 2010, 05:53:15 AM »
>Ask her if she sees anything like that card we showed her earlier. Look in the desk drawers, and such

>She doesn't see one yet.  She also doesn't understand what a desk drawer is.

>_

« Reply #146 on: July 14, 2010, 05:55:57 AM »
>Quietly leave the building and wait until after 6

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #147 on: July 14, 2010, 05:59:40 AM »
>Quietly leave the building and wait until after 6

>You quietly make your way out of the building. Thankfully, you don't run into anyone on your way out. Stargazer follows behind you, hoping she did a good job.

>_

« Reply #148 on: July 14, 2010, 06:02:11 AM »
>Can we see Orin anywhere around the building? Don't make any acknowledgment of us seeing her, if we do

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #149 on: July 14, 2010, 06:22:39 AM »
>Can we see Orin anywhere around the building? Don't make any acknowledgment of us seeing her, if we do

>Looking around, you see Orin some distance away, sitting at a bench and watching the clouds. You're not sure if she's seen you.

>_