Author Topic: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria: The Dangerous Haven  (Read 54201 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria: The Dangerous Haven
« Reply #150 on: May 24, 2010, 11:37:58 PM »
>"Hey..."
>That hurt...
>Sigh. Wait for the first faerie to come back.
>Massage where we got kicked.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2010, 02:54:24 AM »
Updates should pick up after school ends on June 14. Until then, I'm trying to remember to do it ;_;
>"Hey..."
>That hurt...
>Sigh. Wait for the first faerie to come back.
>Massage where we got kicked.
>You give a small complaint and sigh.
>It sure did. The pain is starting to go away, though; it was only a fairy, after all. Albeit a strong kicking fairy.
>You wait for the fairy to return while rubbing your leg. But after a minute, you get distracted by a developing situation between Cocoa and the fairy that kicked you; they seem to have gotten into some kind of fight. A few fairies are gathering to watch.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2010, 02:56:16 AM »
>Sigh again, and walk over to break them up.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2010, 03:00:09 AM »
>Sigh again, and walk over to break them up.
>You walk over, and Masha follows you with a slightly worried look on her face. Unfortunately, by the time you reach them, there's quite a crowd of fairies blocking your way; and only more coming. Some are starting to cheer for one fairy or the other; it seems the other one's name is Bitty.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2010, 03:08:11 AM »
>"Hey! Knock it off! You know better than that!"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #155 on: May 28, 2010, 03:14:58 AM »
>"Hey! Knock it off! You know better than that!"
>The crowd's noise drowns your voice out; you think one of the two got a good hit on the other, and the fairies are starting to get a bit wild from the excitement.
>Masha is frowning worriedly, and starting to distance herself from the crowd of fairies a bit. You don't blame her, this is starting to get really out of hand.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #156 on: May 28, 2010, 03:17:52 AM »
>Wade in. Employ superior hootman reach and leverage to separate them.
>"KNOCK IT OFF GODDAMNIT!"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #157 on: May 28, 2010, 03:30:31 AM »
>Wade in. Employ superior hootman reach and leverage to separate them.
>"KNOCK IT OFF GODDAMNIT!"
>You wade through the fairy crowd without too much trouble; they don't seem to be paying much attention to you. As you get close to the front, you see Bitty delivering a flying tackle that knocks Cocoa to the ground, who quickly recovers and sprays a sparse amount of danmaku in all directions before charging back at her opponent.  You haven't seen most of the fight, but you think Cocoa is looking more beat up then Bitty.
>Although you certainly have more reach and strength then a fairy does, they have flight and better mobility, as well as the fact that they seem to be using a good amount of unpredictable danmaku with their melee. Simply walking in and pulling them apart would likely be a minorly painful and difficult experience.
>You yell at them to knock it off, and the fairies right next to you shout back at you irritatedly; but with all the commotion going on, you can't tell what they said at all.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #158 on: May 28, 2010, 03:36:15 AM »
>Take the stings. Hopefully there will be some kind of faerie medicine to deal with it. But it's really going to hurt our chances to help out Jigen when our allies and supposed to be allies are sniping at each other.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #159 on: May 28, 2010, 11:22:20 PM »
>Take the stings. Hopefully there will be some kind of faerie medicine to deal with it. But it's really going to hurt our chances to help out Jigen when our allies and supposed to be allies are sniping at each other.
>You run into the middle of the fight, taking some irritating but not terribly painful hits from danmaku, and grabbing Bitty from behind. She yells out in surprise and starts flailing around, but you can keep a hold on her without much trouble.
>Cocoa rushes over to wail on Bitty while she can't fight back, and you grab a hold of her as well.
>As Cocoa and Bitty flail in your grip, the crowd of fairies shouts some Awws and Boos. One in particular yells out "Humans ruin all the fun!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #160 on: May 28, 2010, 11:34:51 PM »
>Oh shit, we're losing 'em ;_:
>"You want to have fun? I'll tell you something fun! How'd you like to take an empty place and make it all green and leafy, huh?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #161 on: May 28, 2010, 11:43:35 PM »
>Oh shit, we're losing 'em ;_:
>"You want to have fun? I'll tell you something fun! How'd you like to take an empty place and make it all green and leafy, huh?"
>A bunch of the fairies start to grumble and leave. Lots of the rest seem indifferent, but a few look interested.
>"Lemme go!", yells Bitty.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #162 on: May 28, 2010, 11:47:05 PM »
>"Fine, since you didn't start it. I'm sorry."
>Let Bitty go, do be prepared for retributive kicks or her trying to get a free shot at Cocoa.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #163 on: May 28, 2010, 11:48:28 PM »
>"Fine, since you didn't start it. I'm sorry."
>Let Bitty go, do be prepared for retributive kicks or her trying to get a free shot at Cocoa.
>She glares at you, before flying away in a huff.
>A good bit more of the fairy crowd leaves as well, now that the fight is definitely over.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #164 on: May 28, 2010, 11:52:45 PM »
>Sigh.
>Has Cocoa calmed down? If so, let her go.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #165 on: May 29, 2010, 12:01:08 AM »
>Sigh.
>Has Cocoa calmed down? If so, let her go.
>You sigh.
>She has. You let her go, and she plops on the ground, curling into a little moe ball.
>At this point, all but a few of the fairies have left. It's starting to look like it did before the fight happened, again.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #166 on: May 29, 2010, 12:04:44 AM »
>Kneel down and pat Cocoa.
>"You okay?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #167 on: May 29, 2010, 10:47:14 PM »
I've decided that there's definitely something about the Faerie Forest section of the game that makes me feel like not updating. That last switch to Unknown Girl was admittedly done mostly because I knew I'd update more >:
PERSEVERANCE
>Kneel down and pat Cocoa.
>"You okay?"
>You kneel and pat the Cocoaball, asking if she's okay. Suddenly, she uncurls and leaps into the air, looking much like her former cheerful self again; and also showing no signs of the previous fight!
>"Uh-huh, I'm great!", she says. Then she gasps, looking past you; "It's the Queen!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #168 on: May 29, 2010, 11:04:39 PM »
>Turn around!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #169 on: May 30, 2010, 05:30:58 AM »
>Turn around!
>You turn around, and find the fairy from before (Augh so many fairies...) returning, with a woman. She's a much larger then the other fairies, but still definitely a fairy, floating in midair with large transparent wings. She's at least 4 feet tall, although her flotation makes it tricky to judge her height; but she's definitely at least twice as big as all the other fairies are. It's also quite obvious to the eye that she's more intelligent and graceful, unlike the whimsical and childish behavior of the regular fairies.
>She greets you, Masha, and Cocoa with a hand gesture. "Welcome to the Faerie Forest, humans; and it's good to see you home, Cocoa."
>Cocoa fidgets nervously, and Masha greets the Fairy Queen politely.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #170 on: May 30, 2010, 05:47:35 AM »
>Oh wow, this is a queen.
>Crap, how do you greet a queen?
>"Um, ah...hi, ...your majesty?"
>Wait, should we have bowed? Crap again!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #171 on: May 30, 2010, 05:21:31 PM »
>Oh wow, this is a queen.
>Crap, how do you greet a queen?
>"Um, ah...hi, ...your majesty?"
>Wait, should we have bowed? Crap again!
>That, or a really good poser!
>Umm...
>You stumble around on your words. Crap, now you're starting to fidget a bit, like Cocoa!
>The Queen gives an innocent-looking and amused smile. "Don't worry, I'm not going to smite you or anything like that! Just relax. Now, if I may ask; what is the purpose of your visit today? I can't imagine the trip was convenient."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #172 on: May 30, 2010, 09:43:11 PM »
> "W-well...  There's this Goddess that is in REALLY big trouble, and if her realm isn't filled with some kind of plant-life soon, she's gonna die.  So I heard that there were faeries who can help with this sort of thing and I wanted to ask if we could borrow them a bit to help the Goddess..."

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #173 on: May 30, 2010, 10:39:25 PM »
> "W-well...  There's this Goddess that is in REALLY big trouble, and if her realm isn't filled with some kind of plant-life soon, she's gonna die.  So I heard that there were faeries who can help with this sort of thing and I wanted to ask if we could borrow them a bit to help the Goddess..."
>She blinks, a bit surprised. "Oh dear. I must say, I wasn't expecting something like that. Hmm... I could lend the help of some fairies for such a noble cause, certainly. But I would like to ask a favor in return."
>"Some fairies have been going missing during the past few weeks; with your rescue of Dotsy, I do believe we have found the culprit. Unfortunately, Dotsy seems to have gone missing once again. I'd like you to go into Origin Gardens, where she was headed, and see if you could find her."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #174 on: May 30, 2010, 10:44:35 PM »
> "Um...  Okay, but do you know what we might be up against?"

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #175 on: May 30, 2010, 10:56:09 PM »
>"And, uh, what are the Origin Gardens? That sound pretty neat."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #176 on: May 30, 2010, 11:02:33 PM »
> "Um...  Okay, but do you know what we might be up against?"
>"About the same time a few weeks ago, when the some of the fairies started disappearing, something about Origin Gardens began to feel... different. A few days after, I declared it unsafe for the time being, and that all the fairies were to stop going there. But as I said, that was a few weeks ago; I don't know what's there now. I can sense that it's grown worse, and I did not want to endanger any fairies by sending them to check. They're... not worth much in battle. Most of them, at least."
>"I believe that the two of you, however, should be able to handle it. I'd like you to report whatever you see there, in addition to attempting to locate Dotsy."
>"And, uh, what are the Origin Gardens? That sound pretty neat."
>She smiles. "Indeed it is. Origin Gardens is said to be the first place created in this world; the origin. It is a place connected to the goddess herself. Us fairies go there regularly, until now..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #177 on: May 30, 2010, 11:05:55 PM »
>"Okay. May I ask you a question, first?"
>If allowed, "I'm looking for these <stone or wood as appropriate> altar things. They have a carving of the Goddess on them, and a little imprint on them where you could fit in a sphere, and this sort of marking on the ground in front of it. Oh, and all kinds of beautiful carvings on them. I've heard there's one around the forest somewhere."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #178 on: May 30, 2010, 11:16:34 PM »
>"Okay. May I ask you a question, first?"
>If allowed, "I'm looking for these <stone or wood as appropriate> altar things. They have a carving of the Goddess on them, and a little imprint on them where you could fit in a sphere, and this sort of marking on the ground in front of it. Oh, and all kinds of beautiful carvings on them. I've heard there's one around the forest somewhere."
>Wood.
>She looks at you thoughtfully, saying "You're different from the rest of the humans that came from the other world."
>After a moment, she continues to speak. "Check the large tree in the center of Origin Gardens; one can't fail to notice it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #179 on: May 30, 2010, 11:29:43 PM »
>"Is it a good different, or a bad one? And I'll do just that, thank you. You can give me directions, right?"