Author Topic: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria: The Dangerous Haven  (Read 54234 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria: The Dangerous Haven (Unknown Girl Phase)
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2010, 05:02:19 AM »
>Get that charm.
>"Oh, I know something that would be useful. Do you have anything that would let me fly, or turn into a bird? If I could get up high, that would really help in finding my way around."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2010, 05:05:45 AM »
>Get that charm.
>"Oh, I know something that would be useful. Do you have anything that would let me fly, or turn into a bird? If I could get up high, that would really help in finding my way around."
>You obtain the Teleportation Charm!
>She chuckles. "I can't turn you into a bird! I might be able to help you fly, though; but I'd need a bit of time for something like that. Making magical items that will work outside of my area of influence... it's not as easy as conjuring some pancakes."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2010, 05:13:25 AM »
>"Ooooh. Well. It's not terribly important, if it'll be some trouble. Maybe you could think of a better way to help me find my way about and move quickly?"

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2010, 03:16:13 PM »
> "What sort of negitive effects are their for having my soul being stolen, if any?"
> "Thank you for everything so far, I actually have a chance of getting back to a normal life thanks to you. I am truly grateful for your help."
> What words do we know mean things like Kind One or words that show a similar meaning? If we can think of something, offer to refer to this goddess by that, since not even refering to her with a name seems rude.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2010, 09:45:26 PM »
>"Ooooh. Well. It's not terribly important, if it'll be some trouble. Maybe you could think of a better way to help me find my way about and move quickly?"
>She thinks for a moment. "I believe I could make you something that can lead you to a few specific locations. Important places you might want to go to. And while you're gone, I can work on that flight problem, yes?"
> "What sort of negitive effects are their for having my soul being stolen, if any?"
> "Thank you for everything so far, I actually have a chance of getting back to a normal life thanks to you. I am truly grateful for your help."
> What words do we know mean things like Kind One or words that show a similar meaning? If we can think of something, offer to refer to this goddess by that, since not even refering to her with a name seems rude.
>"Loss of memory, personality, skills... those are regular effects. A person with their soul removed is almost like someone born as an adult, without having lived beforehand. Other bad things can happen as well; corruption of the mind, for example. You seem quite stable, so I wouldn't worry."
>She smiles. "It's nice just to talk to someone again! I'm quite glad to help."
>You don't really know. But it is a bit strange to not have any words to refer to her with.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2010, 10:06:14 PM »
>"That should do, I think. And, I wish I had more to tell you about. All I remember is living in a locked room, and my nightmares."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2010, 11:39:51 PM »
>"That should do, I think. And, I wish I had more to tell you about. All I remember is living in a locked room, and my nightmares."
>"Well, I'll get right on it then. And, about those nightmares; dreams and the like come from a person's subconscious, correct? With your current situation, it might do you good to take them seriously."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2010, 12:08:07 AM »
>"I do. There's not much else for me to go with right now."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2010, 03:08:49 AM »
>"I do. There's not much else for me to go with right now."
>She doesn't seem to be paying attention to you anymore; it looks like she's staring into the wall behind you.
>"Dear, you said my house had appeared in a flower field, yes?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2010, 03:25:27 AM »
>"Yes. A field of flowers strangely knife-like leaves. And, there was a large tree. It seemed important."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2010, 03:28:40 AM »
>"Yes. A field of flowers strangely knife-like leaves. And, there was a large tree. It seemed important."
>She frowns. "We can talk about that later. For now, something's heading towards our little voidspace here. And I have a feeling it isn't the local plant life."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2010, 03:30:56 AM »
>"Mmm. Can you handle them if they're hostile?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2010, 03:32:33 AM »
>"Mmm. Can you handle them if they're hostile?"
>"I honestly don't know. I've gotten rather rusty, and we have no idea who we're dealing with here. I could probably keep them out, though, if you believe they're dangerous."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2010, 03:47:33 AM »
>"I...don't know. I'll go check, and use that charm to bring myself back if they are hostile. What direction are they coming from?"
>Did we get it? If not, do so. Then head out to check.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2010, 03:54:57 AM »
>"I...don't know. I'll go check, and use that charm to bring myself back if they are hostile. What direction are they coming from?"
>Did we get it? If not, do so. Then head out to check.
>"Just straight out from the door. Be careful, dear."
>You have the charm! So, you head out the door, flailing awkwardly through the empty space before you emerge through the side of the mist and see-

Girls are preparing. Please wait warmly for our next update, where we return to Berkeley Malone, off on her trip to the Faerie Forest with Masha La and Cocoa Tapioca!

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2010, 03:19:01 PM »
>"Just straight out from the door. Be careful, dear."
>You have the charm! So, you head out the door, flailing awkwardly through the empty space before you emerge through the side of the mist and see-

Girls are preparing. Please wait warmly for our next update, where we return to Berkeley Malone, off on her trip to the Faerie Forest with Masha La and Cocoa Tapioca!

> "you emerge through the side of the mist and see-" See what, i wanna know! :3 That is such a cliffhanger. I'm either expecting uber evil person, or a giant demon-plant-style thing/a demon.

Isn't Berkeley Male? I've been under the assumption that Berkeley is Male this entire time. Just wondering, since  always thought Male and not Female.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2010, 06:22:06 PM »
She's a downwards arrow.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2010, 08:27:17 PM »
Isn't Berkeley Male? I've been under the assumption that Berkeley is Male this entire time. Just wondering, since  always thought Male and not Female.
Why must you hurt me so ;_;

Quote from: This thread's OP
You are BERKELEY MALONE, an average teenage girl of 2010!... by the standards of USA, at least.
Quote from: First thread's OP
>You are a 15 year old girl living with your dear moth-*words*

And you can't know what she sees yet because, to do it right now, we'd have to deal with all kinds of quantum physics and would be so confusing that you don't even :derp:
and also because CLIFFHANGER

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2010, 09:43:12 PM »
> Are we at the Faerie place ye~t?

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #139 on: May 22, 2010, 09:23:39 PM »
>You are once again BERKELEY MALONE who is female Woopee!

>After a long trip, you've finally reached the Faerie Forest! That took forever...
>The Faerie Forest has less plants that impede your way; mostly just trees, grass, and some flowers here and there. So, you can walk around freely! And, there's always a fairy or two in sight now.
>Currently with you is Masha La, the priestessy person from Village, and Cocoa Tapioca, a fairy also from Village. There are also the two fairies who lead you the rest of the way to Faerie Forest.
>"Okay, we're here!" one of the two fairies announces. You notice a few other random passerby fairies glancing at you, then returning to whatever they were doing previously; which seems to consist of flying around to wherever, and random chatter amongst themselves.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #140 on: May 22, 2010, 10:12:33 PM »
>Goofy grin GO!
>"So, could I talk with whoever's in charge here, please?"
>Keep an eye open for Dotsy

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #141 on: May 23, 2010, 12:37:34 AM »
>Goofy grin GO!
>"So, could I talk with whoever's in charge here, please?"
>Keep an eye open for Dotsy
>You grin quite goofily, making Cocoa and Masha giggle at you.
>"Oh, I think you'll fit right in with the fairies, Berkeley." says Masha.
>The two fairies who lead you here exchange a glance with one another. "Well, that'd be the Fairy Queen... but outsiders aren't usually allowed to see her! For her protection!"
>You don't see Dotsy, but you haven't seen very much of the Faerie Forest yet either.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #142 on: May 23, 2010, 12:42:32 AM »
>"Oh...Well, if it wasn't important, I wouldn't be asking. it's just, we kinda need your help to save Jigen before she dies and stuff..."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #143 on: May 23, 2010, 05:08:23 AM »
>"Oh...Well, if it wasn't important, I wouldn't be asking. it's just, we kinda need your help to save Jigen before she dies and stuff..."
>One of the two fairies looks at the other nervously. "That sounds important!"
>"But we aren't supposed to bring outsiders to see the Queen! It's not safe!"
>"But it's important!"
>"But it's bad!"
>Masha facepalms as the two fairies continue to argue with each other in three-word-sentences.
>Other then the life and death part, this situation is actually pretty amusing. You've already got a goofy grin though, so you're set in that manner!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria: The Dangerous Haven
« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2010, 05:10:22 AM »
>"You could ask her. And Dotsy would vouch for me."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #145 on: May 23, 2010, 05:21:44 AM »
>"You could ask her. And Dotsy would vouch for me."
>The two fairies stop arguing. "But Dotsy went missing!", they say simultaneously.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #146 on: May 23, 2010, 05:23:33 AM »
>"What? That sucks! What happened?"
>Ponder why they didn't mention it the first time she was brought up.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #147 on: May 23, 2010, 05:28:29 AM »
>"What? That sucks! What happened?"
>Ponder why they didn't mention it the first time she was brought up.
>"Oh, after you rescued her, she thought it was really important for someone to go look at the Origin Gardens, but the Fairy Queen said we can't go there right now because it's not safe! So she just went by herself, and she hasn't come back yet!"
>The fairy who was arguing against letting you see the Queen puffs up her face and says, "It's all your fault!"
>Maybe fairies really are as ditsy as Masha said. Or at least some of them. But goddamn it's just so adorable!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #148 on: May 23, 2010, 05:38:33 AM »
>"Well, if you ask the Queen, after we talk, maybe I can see about going and finding her?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2010, 11:30:57 PM »
>"Well, if you ask the Queen, after we talk, maybe I can see about going and finding her?"
>The one that was supporting you flies off, going "I'll go ask her right now!"
>The other fairy blows a raspberry, then kicks you in the leg before flying off. Damn, for a little 2-foot high thing, she sure can kick...!
>Cocoa flies off after the fairy that kicked you, yelling "Hey!" angrily. Masha has her hand to her mouth, stifling giggles at the whole thing.