Author Topic: Phantasmagoria of Flower View English Patch Release!  (Read 137208 times)

Thundercross

Re: Phantasmagoria of Flower View English Patch Release!
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2009, 03:29:43 PM »
I admit, "Winner at Life" is a bit embarrassing.  I understand where you're coming from, N-Forza.  But I'm going by the translation, and there's no way I'm putting "Epic Fail" in there.

Maybe we should find a better way to phrase that that isn't so painful to read.

Living Winner
Live Winner
I don't want to do any Woolseyisms here.

Google Translation interprets the phrase at "The repair of the life".  Maybe something can be made of that.

« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2009, 03:39:54 PM »
Google Translate tends to be idiotic, and more of a guideline than anything else.

Polttopallo

• /人◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2009, 05:14:23 PM »
I have a problem. The fire "Z" key doesn't work when I use Lunasa.

When hold down the "Z" key and try to charge up my spell attack, nothing happens... All I can do is press the "X" to bomb, that's the only way I can send spell.

It works just fine with all the other characters, just not with Lunasa.

I tried the japanese version and I had no problems there, so I guess it has something to do with the english patch. What should I do to fix it?

« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2009, 08:13:58 PM »
Lunasa bug fixed.  This should also fix any netplay de-syncs with Lunasa.
Expect a release sometime tomorrow.

Ramza

« Reply #124 on: June 09, 2009, 01:13:48 PM »
Just my two cents, since everyone is apparently demanding something from poor Rufus...

I would be perfectly happy if the game was "englishfied" patch most of the other games put out. I.e., leave the menu options and stuff that already have english text, but translate anything to the game like those kanji on the point items and menu header. Also, this is mostly a translation, not a localization, so I agree that shinigami and higan would be better. That's about it, the only personal distaste I have is the font feels so different from the usual ones but that's not a problem at all, and some people probably like it.

« Reply #125 on: June 09, 2009, 04:01:49 PM »
Lyrica.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #126 on: June 09, 2009, 08:30:24 PM »
Lyrica.

Is this post supposed to mean something.

« Reply #127 on: June 10, 2009, 02:34:22 AM »
New version up.

Hakkai

• Celestial
    • Touhou.net
« Reply #128 on: June 10, 2009, 08:12:08 AM »
And for those who don't like mediafire
http://touhou.net/patch/th09e_v1_1.zip

« Reply #129 on: June 10, 2009, 08:46:49 AM »
Thank you again, Hakkai, for the hosting.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #130 on: June 10, 2009, 02:14:23 PM »
I'd just like to let you know that as a result of you releasing this patch, I'm warming up to PoFV and starting to like it.

Good job, I hope you're happy. >:(
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Herasy

« Reply #131 on: June 10, 2009, 02:27:01 PM »
Its too bad that I still see people bitching constantly about this patches small issues, I say never complain when what you got was free.

« Reply #132 on: June 10, 2009, 03:49:26 PM »
Its too bad that I still see people bitching constantly about this patches small issues, I say never complain when what you got was free.
Yes, but you've got to have standards. Just because something is free doesn't mean you should automatically accept it along with every single flaw it has, especially when the one producing it is perfectly capable of fixing it, and was fully intending to do so given that this was a beta release. I mean, you might not mind it, but that's just you.

nintendonut888

« Reply #133 on: June 10, 2009, 07:08:12 PM »

I'm not criticizing your point, but of course it's free. To force someone to pay for a patch in itself is ludicrous (although sadly I do not doubt that it's been done), but forcing money for an unofficial patch is probably all kinds of illegal.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Ramza

« Reply #134 on: June 10, 2009, 09:35:56 PM »
Yes, but you've got to have standards. Just because something is free doesn't mean you should automatically accept it along with every single flaw it has, especially when the one producing it is perfectly capable of fixing it, and was fully intending to do so given that this was a beta release. I mean, you might not mind it, but that's just you.

Exactly, while a lot of patches are released at 1.0 due to closed alpha/beta testing and have few or no problems at release, this one was specifically released as a beta and so changes, whether they be bugs or suggestions, should be taken into account. At least, that's what I got from it.

« Reply #135 on: June 10, 2009, 10:34:30 PM »
I was about to report about my game crashing after a stage, but then my computer rebooted, so I simply got screwed over by Windows Update.

So yeah, the patch works fine for me (I have Windows Vista).
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #136 on: June 10, 2009, 11:42:31 PM »
Like I said in the Pooshlmer thread about this patch, there's a wide range between the two extreme points of on the one hand, offering nothing but praise with no suggestions or constructive criticism, and on the other hand being pedantic, hair-splitting and generally crabby. In between those points there's "Hey, thanks so much for your time and efforts. What I like about this is A, B, C and where I think you could improve it is X, Y, and Z". The developers WANT people to test the patch and give suggestions on how to make it better. Pretty much most everyone in this thread is helping achieve that.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #137 on: June 11, 2009, 05:58:15 PM »
Is this post supposed to mean something.

I'm just being me and pointing out that Lyrica (red Prismriver) is playable, Lunasa (black Prismriver) is not.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Hakkai

• Celestial
    • Touhou.net
« Reply #138 on: June 11, 2009, 08:39:49 PM »
I'm just being me and pointing out that Lyrica (red Prismriver) is playable, Lunasa (black Prismriver) is not.
They are, you have to unlock them, but they can only be played in match mode.

« Reply #139 on: June 12, 2009, 05:18:07 PM »
So, patch 1.1 is out.

What.

Anyways, I put in e and it worked to give English numerals. I wonder if it would actually have given Arabic if I had put "A".
The SoEW patch has had its second release, come and get it!

dustyjo

« Reply #140 on: June 12, 2009, 07:09:49 PM »
So, patch 1.1 is out.

What.

Anyways, I put in e and it worked to give English numerals. I wonder if it would actually have given Arabic if I had put "A".

Uh, you know that the numbers 0-9 are called Arabic numerals, right?

nintendonut888

« Reply #142 on: June 12, 2009, 11:02:46 PM »
Yeah Prime, you don't call them English numerals.

They're AMERICAN numerals.

From America.

dustyjo

« Reply #143 on: June 13, 2009, 12:47:04 AM »
In America.

« Reply #144 on: June 13, 2009, 01:47:01 AM »
Uh, you know that the numbers 0-9 are called Arabic numerals, right?

Nope. I had never heard them referred to as that.

In America.

The SoEW patch has had its second release, come and get it!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #145 on: June 15, 2009, 02:38:15 AM »
Well this thread got a lot funnier.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #146 on: June 17, 2009, 05:43:55 PM »
I have a problem with this patch. The fonts are too large so the text gets cut off at the end of a sentence. Its the same problem as with MoF. Am i missing something?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #147 on: June 17, 2009, 05:52:34 PM »
I have a problem with this patch. The fonts are too large so the text gets cut off at the end of a sentence. Its the same problem as with MoF. Am i missing something?
There should be a file named Cirno in your PoFV folder after patching, you need to copy that into your Fonts folder, which should be inside the Windows folder. Then its all nice and pretty =3

I think the location where you need to put Cirno is generally C:\Windows\Fonts
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 05:54:24 PM by NeoSerela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #148 on: June 17, 2009, 06:36:53 PM »
Okay. Got it.

« Reply #149 on: June 18, 2009, 04:49:09 PM »
Yeah, that's kinda the reason why he said to read the English readme included with the patch.