Author Topic: Touhou Bitching/Whining Thread mk. 7  (Read 191006 times)

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
Re: Touhou Bitching/Whining Thread mk. 7
« Reply #870 on: June 20, 2010, 11:04:32 PM »
Couldn't get to stage three without ragequitting
What are you people doing  >:|

If you're ragequitting from losing only 1 life I seriously suggest demand that you suck it up and go through with that one life lost. How many are you losing by Stage 3?
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

ebarrett

« Reply #871 on: June 20, 2010, 11:48:14 PM »
I'm ragequitting from dying to god-knows-what (unlike in the rest of the series, glancing away from my sprite often equals death, seriousness varies depending on shottype but it happens with all (and makes it unplayable with SanaeB which throws me off really bad)) after failing to accumulate lives/bombs properly because GODDAMN UFO SYSTEM and on top of that I know there's BROFIST LAG looming at the middle/end of the stage which forces me to bomb every single Ichirin card since my computer can't handle it and the framerate goes all crazy. Ichirin looks very easy, but try that when the framerate keeps going from 60 to 30 to 40 to 60 depending on how many fists are entering/leaving the screen. I can handle stage four and stage five, but Shou demands another bombspam because I just can't wing it past her nonspells/RTG, and the only time I got to Byakuren I was clobbered so badly I quit Touhou for a couple of months.

Also, if you say something to the effect of  "practice moar" I'll shoot you, unless that includes admitting that UFO is insane. I'll try a few more runs but don't expect anything. UFO LUNATIC IS RETARDED, BYE
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 11:56:19 PM by ebarrett »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #872 on: June 20, 2010, 11:56:22 PM »
Mind posting a replay of a random run? Perhaps we could help you the old-fashioned way.

As someone who once 1cc'd SA lunatic on an 8 year old computer, I feel your pain on Ichirin and brofist lag. Still, you should try and suck it up bitch if you really care. Which from the sound of things, you don't, so whatever. :V
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #873 on: June 20, 2010, 11:57:31 PM »
So I just tried UFO hard again.

Couldn't get to stage three without ragequitting in what, almost one hour of attempts with various shottypes. Baity can step on me all he wants to, UFO is fucking nuts and his sadistic pleasure in mocking everyone who says otherwise doesn't change a thing.

Play Lunatic.

I'm dead serious.  Although it's not as bad as an effect as the rest of the series where clearing Lunatic makes Hard seem like a complete joke, playing the Lunatic stages will get you used to the patterns and make you realise that everything Nazrin / Kogasa throw at you is extremely rofltastic on Hard.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

ebarrett

« Reply #874 on: June 21, 2010, 12:13:06 AM »
Donut, if I remember correctly, you 1cc'ed UFO lunatic on your "first attempt", as you put it - after practicing every stage between 50 and 100 times each. I am not that kind of person and maybe I don't really care, it's just annoying to see you people claiming it's "not that hard". If I had the time and/or the willingness to sink hours and hours and hours of practice into it, of course it would be "easy" - but I don't have the time. It wasn't an issue for pretty much anything else, but apparently UFO refuses to give anything unless you quit your job for it or something.

Play Lunatic.
That's what I'll be doing, if anything because even if I 1cc hard in the very next run I still won't be satisfied at all.

Also, hard Nazrin/Kogasa are mostly jokes, and so are Ichirin and Murasa. It's the stages and the UFO collecting which annoy me, and it's some weird as-of-yet-unidentified speed/sprite/hitbox issue which kills me. (Shou too in the rare times I got there on hard)

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #875 on: June 21, 2010, 12:26:51 AM »
Actual FPS shifting is a legitimate reason not to enjoy this, I can understand that. What's bothering me now is this:
dying to god-knows-what
some weird as-of-yet-unidentified speed/sprite/hitbox issue which kills me
How are you even drawing this conclusion? Because UFO uses the exact same bullet data as MoF and SA for their respective bullets. Obviously, the best solution at this point is to:
posting a replay of a random run?
<>

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #876 on: June 21, 2010, 12:27:06 AM »
everything Nazrin / Kogasa throw at you is extremely rofltastic on Hard.
High-Sensitivity Nazrin Pendulum is garbage.  It requires you to squeeze through a gap exactly one hitbox wide multiple times, unless you're MarisaA.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #877 on: June 21, 2010, 12:32:30 AM »
High-Sensitivity Nazrin Pendulum is garbage.  It requires you to squeeze through a gap exactly one hitbox wide multiple times, unless you're MarisaA.

It really, really doesn't. It's just memorisation. Alternatively, bomb it.

Anyway, the main of my post is to post a kinda DUR GUYS Y CAN'T I 1cc HARD replay, based on the last few posts. I manage to fuck up loads of times and still clear 3/1. I've heard Baity going on about the amount of resources in this game but didn't realise till now just how true it was until this run.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=9201

Edit: This wasn't meant as a criticism of anyone or mocking Baity, I was just surprised at how many resources I had left after a rather miserable run.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 12:47:36 AM by Arcengal »
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

ebarrett

« Reply #878 on: June 21, 2010, 12:52:16 AM »
RESOURCES ARE A LIE

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #879 on: June 21, 2010, 12:59:20 AM »
Quote from: Guess who?
I'm a fan of Touhou: The Resource Management Game Series
<>

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #880 on: June 21, 2010, 01:16:20 AM »
uoydfjhxbgcvjkhbzxjkcvhbkzxjhcvbzkjhcvbz,jxchbvz

If I die to Iku's last card when she has one hit left on her ONE MORE TIME

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #881 on: June 21, 2010, 01:18:02 AM »
It's also based on every other game where your resources aren't based on random crap screwing you over in the stages.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #882 on: June 21, 2010, 01:36:46 AM »
If you don't collect any red UFO, and no death the whole run, you will end up with 5.25 lives I think.
That's really not much in terms of resources, especially compared to the other games,
where you reach max lives by stage 4 or 5 if you don't die.

For the harder difficulties, I have trouble collecting UFO of the right color, severely limiting my resources.
However, in the other games, even if I'm bad at PoC-ing, I still get enough extends regardless of difficulty.
Even SA will give you enough lives as you can't miss more than 2 extends (10 pieces) due to dying in boss attacks.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 01:41:36 AM by jsonchiu »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #883 on: June 21, 2010, 02:35:24 AM »
If you don't collect any red UFO, and no death the whole run, you will end up with 5.25 lives I think.
That's really not much in terms of resources, especially compared to the other games,
where you reach max lives by stage 4 or 5 if you don't die.
And...? Actually, since you're a rather new person, I'll give you benefit of the doubt here and show you this oldie.

For the harder difficulties, I have trouble collecting UFO of the right color, severely limiting my resources.
Bomb for invulnerability.
<>

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #884 on: June 21, 2010, 03:18:36 AM »
corners

corners

use the friggin corners, people

seriously, timing out that spellcard is WAY easier then capturing it with non-MarisA people. Or maybe SanaeB.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #885 on: June 21, 2010, 03:32:40 AM »
But then you don't get the life piece.

And the fact that you can very easily end up timing it out or almost while shooting the whole time is pretty stupid.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #886 on: June 21, 2010, 03:38:45 AM »
But then you don't get the life piece.

And the fact that you can very easily end up timing it out or almost while shooting the whole time is pretty stupid.
You don't? Really? I must go check this.

Edit:I never noticed that ):

You could try using the corners when needed but still being aggressive, I guess. I did that sometimes, with mixed results.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 03:41:23 AM by NeoSerela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #887 on: June 21, 2010, 03:49:46 AM »
I tried that with MarisaA and SanaeB, using the corners.

There is still only a hitbox-sized gap to fit through so I said "fuck that" and just bomb it every time. :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #888 on: June 21, 2010, 04:05:33 AM »
You do realize we're talking about the hard version though right

Because those gaps should be pretty big ):

« Reply #889 on: June 21, 2010, 04:12:29 AM »
"The hardest difficulty in a game is too haaard"
alternatively
"I'm not good enough and spend more time whining than practicing and getting better so everything is luckshit"

I love you guys  :blush:

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #890 on: June 21, 2010, 04:21:43 AM »
And...? Actually, since you're a rather new person, I'll give you benefit of the doubt here and show you this oldie.
Bomb for invulnerability.

I enjoyed that replay.

Getting back to the point... for people who aren't very good, like me, dying 6 times in a 1cc run is not bad,
and often happens in the other games with 6 or more extends as well.

As for the green UFOs... yes obviously bomb for invulnerability and you get your bomb back anyways.
That doesn't give much extra resource for use against bosses though.

Yes you did have resources to bomb Kogasa and Ichirin,
but you captured a bunch of spells in Murasa, Shou, and Byakuren (LFO!), where I would've died easily.

Just because you can avoid all the bullets and bomb stages while getting a bajllion green ufos
doesn't mean other people won't clip death a few times accidentally and think the game is hard.

Difference in skill != game is really not that hard

« Reply #891 on: June 21, 2010, 04:30:04 AM »
If I had the time and/or the willingness to sink hours and hours and hours of practice into it, of course it would be "easy"

Oh, how I wish it worked that way for me. I DO sink hours and hours of practice into things, and repeat them dozens and dozens of times and still often only marginally improve ^^;

ebarrett

« Reply #892 on: June 21, 2010, 04:40:48 AM »
"I'm not good enough and spend more time whining than practicing and getting better so everything is luckshit"

I never said UFO was luckshit, maybe I said it was shit (it isn't, it's just WAY TOO FUCKING HARD) but I am sure I never said it was luckshit. If you find one post of mine saying UFO is luckshit I'll delete my account and never show up again, this is a promise.

And either way I'd still rather do anything else with my time than practice stages until my hands fall off, thanks. Yes, I am aware that you'll come back with something like "shmups don't work like that" - well, that's why it's a dead genre: occasional prohibitive difficulty (even if sometimes exaggerated) and elitist player base (FACT), two things Touhou had mostly avoided until UFO came along; now we have hard mode which is harder than lunatic and a core of about half a dozen top western players who take pride in mocking the not-quite-top ones because really, if I can't put at least five hours per day into shmupping this means I'm a horrible person who shouldn't even be allowed here, right.

[/rant]

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #893 on: June 21, 2010, 05:16:56 AM »
I just want to point out that in terms of hours put in before a 1cc, it took roughly the same amount of time to 1cc UFO lunatic as it did others in terms of hours put in. I'm sorry that I'm coming off as elitist, but to me, UFO's difficulty is way oversold because people overthink the UFO system. In terms of danmaku, UFO lunatic is only a bit more difficult than the average lunatic from my point of view. :\

And nobody said you weren't "worthy" of coming here. The whole point of this part of the site is to pool our knowledge together to help everyone. That said, it seems we could post replays showing perfectly safe and lucrative UFO routes at this point and people wouldn't care. You have to help us help you!
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Drake

« Reply #894 on: June 21, 2010, 05:19:15 AM »
he's totally not worthy, man

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #895 on: June 21, 2010, 05:27:25 AM »
You do realize we're talking about the hard version though right
Corner works but takes longer, as I do believe I pointed out somewhere before. Oh well.

The Risk:Reward for doing this makes it definitely worth practicing to do.

As for the green UFOs... yes obviously bomb for invulnerability and you get your bomb back anyways.
You get the bomb back, and a bit more. That, and not every UFO summoned needs to be accompanied by a bomb.

Yes you did have resources to bomb Kogasa and Ichirin,
but you captured a bunch of spells in Murasa, Shou, and Byakuren (LFO!), where I would've died easily.

Just because you can avoid all the bullets and bomb stages while getting a bajllion green ufos
doesn't mean other people won't clip death a few times accidentally and think the game is hard.
It should be noted that I messed up Stage 2 beyond belief, and I (still) had a rather large amount of spare resources to boot.
Spoiler:
I'm tempted to post a link to my first 1cc; planned bombs, near full-survivability playstyle with mistakes all over etc. etc.

ilu2

Cut twice:
Noted.
<>

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #896 on: June 21, 2010, 06:04:54 AM »
adsfasdfasdf GOD DAMMIT

UFO lunatic, 5th attempt ever, couldn't get farther than Kogasa's first non-card. What the hell. Why do they even make difficulties I can't beat? >:|
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #897 on: June 21, 2010, 06:45:24 AM »
"The hardest difficulty in a game is too haaard"
alternatively

QFT, also:

Touhou UFO Bitching/Whining Thread mk. 7

I'm guessing before this was Touhou SA Bitching/Whining Thread.

And next will be Touhou [Insert 13's name here] Bitching/Whining Thread.

@Topic: Touhou MoF Hard run ruined by clippy Sanae. I no death'ed all the stages until Stage 5. Of course, we all know that Sanae is the easiest Stage 5 boss, but her cards make me claustrophobic. =P

I hate myself for not bombing.

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

ebarrett

« Reply #898 on: June 21, 2010, 07:19:47 AM »
That said, it seems we could post replays showing perfectly safe and lucrative UFO routes at this point and people wouldn't care. You have to help us help you!
I've watched the replays, and I have an idea of what I must do, but unless I make a chart and put it on a wall behind my computer, you can bet I'm going to forget the UFO routes midway through.

I've tried "some" lunatic stage practice (two ReimuB stage 2 runs): twice perfected the stage (since I didn't bother about UFOs, and this is only stage 2 after all), two Hello Forgotten World captures (as expected), one 1D timeout on Parasol Star Memories (and one 5D timeout on the second attempt - wut), captured Bone-Dry whatever once, and failed horribly at the last card both times. So yeah, just above average difficulty for stage 2, I imagine, and Kogasa is negotiable through liberal bombing vs. PSM and the last, but can I repeat the flawless stage part on a full run where I need to hunt down UFOs? Hell no.

One option would be to completely ignore the UFOs in stages 2 and 3 and try to get lucky during stage 4 which showers you with UFO tokens; I'm pretty sure I could do better this way, but it'd be obviously counter-productive in the long term.

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #899 on: June 21, 2010, 08:40:47 AM »
SA Extra & UFO Stage 6

I will NEVER be consistent on any of Ex-Sanae's cards. I just died to each one of them on separate runs.

I really hate the "Extra" vibe that stage 6 gives me. Memorize a path most efficient for obtaining the most bombs while avoiding getting killed by Nue.

I'm beginning to realize that I really don't like *playing* the Extra stages because of all the hard work you have to put into memorizing a path. And then, if you stop playing the stages for a while, you'll forget everything and you'll have to memorize it again.

Oh boy, Mokou's stage... I haven't played that for two months now... I'm going to rage so hard when I realize I can't perfect it anymore...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 09:10:51 AM by 雪村❖麗華 »

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer