Author Topic: The FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF Topic  (Read 152983 times)

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Re: The FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF Topic
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2010, 12:44:11 AM »
Tried to beat Adamantoise without summons since the Summon method, even without Death takes too long due to needing to get TP back to summon..

I need a crapload more Strength to stand a chance, a better strategy, better gear, more than one of those. I was able to stagger it, but I couldn't kill it in one stagger then it killed me.
Considering as how Adamantoise drops Platinum Ingots, which sell for obscene cash... well, I admittedly forget how much it costs to buy Ethersol but it should be available to you, shouldn't it?  Anyway, you should be able to just buy that and use it, shouldn't you?

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2010, 01:28:03 AM »
Ethersol is the only one that can't be bought from the Sol line. I don't think it can even be dropped, so it's expensive to get the thing to disassemble. I can do them No Summon/Death/Shroud now.

5 starred all missions, and well, I have a lot of preparation to go before I can fight the Guis. Drop the damn Ingots already. I already have 5 traps and Fang's ultimate weapon. I'm not sure how much Gil I need for all weapons/accessories and to upgrade accessories for Guis.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2010, 05:18:05 AM »
Wow, so much hate for FF...12 I can understand, but 13? I thought it was a decent game, but then again I never got past the crystallized lake near the start (I was renting the game). It's odd you only control one character, but I thought the combat system was fluid. Now I need that HDTV so I can READ THE FREAKING TEXT.

Speaking of oldschool-style RPGS...Strange Journey. I'm making my way up to Mitra, but it's an absolute pain because of A- damage floors, B- trap floors, and C- lack of heal spots. But that is not the issue: what IS the issue is trying to assemble a team of Chaos demons that can resist Ice and not killed to death by Light/Expel, because there's a severe shortage of those. Must farm more Demon Sources...

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2010, 06:55:25 AM »
RKS.  Fuck you Cross Wall and all that you represent.  I can't even touch you in Grolla mode without being at half health, and you're damn difficult to dodge even as Tia.

It's a damn good thing I have an Iris password from when I passed your ass the last time.  Damn better thing it works as both Tia and Grolla.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2010, 07:26:50 AM »
Trying to get FFT random encounters with human enemies in them is a pain in the ass early on. Sigh.

Well, I'll have to make do with what I've got. Later on, when Ninjas spawn in random fights, it'll give me an excuse to grind up to Lv99

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2010, 09:47:21 AM »
Speaking of oldschool-style RPGS...Strange Journey. I'm making my way up to Mitra, but it's an absolute pain because of A- damage floors, B- trap floors, and C- lack of heal spots. But that is not the issue: what IS the issue is trying to assemble a team of Chaos demons that can resist Ice and not killed to death by Light/Expel, because there's a severe shortage of those. Must farm more Demon Sources...

Law says hello.  :smug:

Bananamatic

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2010, 10:40:40 AM »
Wow, so much hate for FF...12
Actually, I think it's the best FF by far...but these 2 things are just gay.

Helion

• I am the very model of a scientist salarian
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2010, 06:50:13 PM »
Dodonpachi: shooting a boss's weapons. Boss moves to the side, weapon goes off screen. Kill myself trying to shoot another weapon. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Formless God

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2010, 07:19:32 PM »
Mitra
Try my party then. You need to have at least Makara for its Ice resistance, and Momunofu for his damage output (the fight takes forever without his 100+-damage-per-turn blows). The third demon can be any Chaos demon (to maximize CO-OP damage) that's not weak to Ice (a few healing spells wouldn't hurt too). The Expel attack you're talking about must be Light of Order, but he uses it infrequently enough so just ignore your dead comrades and focus on beating him up instead.

Speaking of Strange Journey, where is our Touhou Megami Tensei thread :V

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2010, 08:32:03 PM »
Cheesed Long Gui with Summons, Defeated Shaolong Guis for Dark Matters, so those are taken care of. I already have the needed traps. I have all the weapons that I need to upgrade as well as accessories.

Drop the damn Platinum Ingots already. I just killed 10 Adamantoise with the correct Catalog equipped, and it didn't drop anything, each fucking time. Not to mention I still have a lot of materials to buy. At least upgrading the accessories will be cheapter than this, but how many of these things do I need?

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2010, 09:57:02 PM »
I just started playing the SC2 beta and got massively owned in a 2v2.

My teammate, whom I assume has no experience with RTS's, thinks it's a great idea to build nothing but Roaches.  I start to tech up to Carriers ASAP after I build some defenses and I see this awesome blob of Reapers and Marauders coming towards my base.  I call for help and my ally decides to take this awesome opportune moment to MOVE ALL HIS UNITS BACK UP THE RAMP TO PROTECT HIS BASE EVEN WHEN IT'S FAIRLY OBVIOUS THAT THEY ARE ATTACKING ME.  FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-  NICE GOING MAN.  THREE CARRIERS AIN'T GONNA STOP MY STRUCTURES FROM GETTING GANG-RAPED.  AND PLEASE BUILD MORE THAN ONE HATCHERY FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2010, 11:44:09 PM »
Law says hello.  :smug:
Hello!  :V  Law sucks anyways.

Try my party then. You need to have at least Makara for its Ice resistance, and Momunofu for his damage output (the fight takes forever without his 100+-damage-per-turn blows). The third demon can be any Chaos demon (to maximize CO-OP damage) that's not weak to Ice (a few healing spells wouldn't hurt too). The Expel attack you're talking about must be Light of Order, but he uses it infrequently enough so just ignore your dead comrades and focus on beating him up instead.
Got Makara, I'll look into the other demons later. Reason I said Demon Source farming was because I THINK you can get Resist Ice sources from Jack Frost...I may be wrong, it's been a while since I touched the game. I know about Light of Order, that's why I got uppity about Chaos demons because a lot of them were weak against Expel. Is okay if I just call it Light? Atlus seems to have a hard time deciding on spell names...They swapped out Zan with Garu in this game, I wish they'd stick with a standard element naming system like Final Fantasy does (names stay the same pretty much from game to game). It's just so irksome...But SJ itself is very good. I hope I can finish it.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2010, 12:33:57 AM »
Incidentally the older SMT games used "Garu" for Force magic.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2010, 12:53:04 AM »
And a lot of the newer ones, too.  (See: Persona 4)  Devil Survivor is the only one to use Zan anytime recently.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2010, 01:13:05 AM »
Let's not forget Nocturne. Everyone says that game's awesome, but I myself have yet to track down a copy, partially because the game looks fiendishly hard. SJ's probably the only game to come close (Persona 3 and 4 allow you to play at a lower difficulty level) to come to Nocturne's difficulty.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2010, 09:42:17 AM »
Hello!  :V  Law sucks anyways.

Recovery Boost + Mediarama at level 20. Enough said.

Still, Neutral has the Frosts, and they are awesome. Black Frost is a goddamn beast.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2010, 09:53:28 AM »
Let's not forget Nocturne. Everyone says that game's awesome, but I myself have yet to track down a copy, partially because the game looks fiendishly hard. SJ's probably the only game to come close (Persona 3 and 4 allow you to play at a lower difficulty level) to come to Nocturne's difficulty.

The Nocturne the US gets is easier than the one the Japanese folks get. The one the Japanese got is the US Nocturne's Hard mode.

And if you can understand Japanese you're better off getting Nocturne Chronicles Edition, it is superior.

Bananamatic

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2010, 02:19:28 PM »
If I could only find a copy of Nocturne around here...

Vibri

• yo, the beats are strong
  • but the night is long
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2010, 07:43:50 AM »
God Hand
Great Sensei
Hard mode

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Just wait until you unlock Challenge 51!  I beat the Great Sensei challenge first try today when I was finishing up 21-40 (to be fair that's on level 3 I think) but I spent probably an hour or more trying 51 and literally did not take off more than maybe an eighth of his health?  It's real hard.  It's real hard.

Bananamatic

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2010, 12:44:33 PM »
Just wait until you unlock Challenge 51!  I beat the Great Sensei challenge first try today when I was finishing up 21-40 (to be fair that's on level 3 I think) but I spent probably an hour or more trying 51 and literally did not take off more than maybe an eighth of his health?  It's real hard.  It's real hard.
Arena Sensei wasn't that hard. Also seen 51, most people do him with cancel abuse :derp:

« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2010, 11:44:29 PM »
Hey, let's go get Treasure Hunter

WTF, do you mean I haven't held every weapon and accessory yet? I checked off all of them, so I'm not sure which one(s) I'm missing. This will be soooo fun(sarcasm)

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2010, 11:47:59 PM »
So I've been playing Castlevania: Bloodlines recently. It's a pretty cool game. Up until stage 6 that is. Then it's just stupid.

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2010, 01:10:22 AM »
heh, that didn't take too long to narrow down. It was 2 accessories that required Adamantites to transform, which can only be bought and were expensive. I didn't have the Gil when I first planned to get them, so I forgot.

1,000/1,000 and I am never getting everything in the game again. What a complete pain in the ass. At least I don't have to worry about this from now on.

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2010, 06:51:15 AM »
You know that section in Half-Life 2's Nova Prospekt where you're defending yourself from an overwatch attacked with auto-turrets? Yeah, fuck that section. You know that section in Half-Life 2: Episode Two where you're defending the silo against the mass Strider/hunter attack? Yeah, fuck that section too. I swear, no Valve game is complete without one single, super frustrating section in there somewhere.

Also, lol Dystopia stacking.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2010, 10:25:42 AM »
An explanation of the three particular mini-game types I mentioned in the now playing thread.

Shoot-Em-Up: Simplistic, unless you're trying for Superb.  Just shoot the targets - the usual call and response.  To get the Superb, however, not only can you not miss any of the targets, but you can only clip them (that is, just slightly be off) a few times too, which is a bit strange considering the Perfect requirement (just shoot them all down).

Moai Doo Wop: Another call and response.  This time, the difficulty comes in replicating the other moai.   Sometimes the game can't tell a tap from a hold in this one.  The second one involves a slow section at the end.  Barely any cues, and to make it worse, you have to perfect that section to net the Superb - it's one of the three objective lines.

Remix 6: This remix uses Space Soccer leading into Lockstep.  Why is this bad?  Well, Space Soccer has a massive window of error in the pressing, while the transition to Lockstep requires precise timing to lock down, since you have to fire right when the Touch Screen goes green, no sooner (and you won't get Superb if you miss all the transitions).  While it isn't quite as bad as it could be most of the time, since there's someone in the back keeping perfect beat for you during SS, there are two times where they toss the ball, and right before it gets to the hit zone, it swaps to Lockstep.

Just to show how bad this is, in Remix 10, they perform a transition from Shoot-Em-Up to Lockstep.  I've never missed it.  I've almost always missed the one in Remix 6.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2010, 08:05:04 AM »
Fire Emblem.

Hector Hard Mode.

I don't believe anything else needs to be said.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2010, 06:48:47 PM »
Fire Emblem.

Hector Hard Mode.

I don't believe anything else needs to be said.
Genesis.

There we go. :V

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2010, 10:08:25 PM »
Tried clearing Gunstar Heroes without continuing(dying).

Game over on Black due to getting the No Weapon fire square.

Game over on Seven Force(though I was on Normal, so I only have to fight 5)

Game over on Black.

Get sent back to start of Dice Palace, have to do the No Weapon Fire square, only get one of the item squares, almost die to Black. Almost die to the stage 5 boss. Get hit way too many times on the shmup stage causing me to game over on Unit of the Hammer.

Satori Mind is something I am never attempting. Timing out Timeron's 100 minute timer does not sound like a fun or good idea.

Actually I don't see that on Youtube. Maybe I'll consider it.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 10:11:20 PM by Enigma »

Helion

• I am the very model of a scientist salarian
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2010, 01:59:13 PM »
SPELUNKY

That is all there needs to be said.

Vanishing Sock Puppet

• Phantasmic Scribbler
  • brb exploding in a black hole
    • The Sock Drawer
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2010, 06:54:33 PM »
I was playing Spelunky a few days ago.

I was at the frozen area, and had a jetpack, which led to me finding every Yeti in the stage and sacrificing them all at once. Soon, I found myself with full bomb stock, the skull cup and the rest of the normal items. Good times. Then, when I was going to leave the stage, I ended up running into another yeti, which promptly threw me. I was close to the stage's edge, so I ended up bouncing off the wall, right back into the yeti. Predictably it threw me at the wall again, and I bounced right back at the yeti, who threw me to the wall, which I bounced off of and landed right back into the yeti's hands, which threw me to the wall again, where I bounced off of and....

Long story short, I died. The fact that it was so fun to watch (and I was used to dying in Spelunky already) made it a lot less RAGE-worthy than it would have been.