Author Topic: Ran Quest: A Z-Machine Sidestory  (Read 83876 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Ran Quest: A Z-Machine Sidestory
« Reply #870 on: June 08, 2010, 12:53:08 PM »
> "Wait! I'm not here to fight! I'm here to talk!"

>"I'm not falling for that again!" says Reimu, as the group pulls up into proper danmaku range.
>"Reimu, let's let her speak," says Marisa, giving her companion a concerned look. 
>"That's easy for you to say," Reimu says, "You got Biggun there to hide behind when she starts throwing kunai bullets. I hate kunai bullets!"
>"We all hate kunai bullets, Reimu," says Sanae.
>"Fine!" Reimu shouts, throwing her hands up, then looks at you. "What?"

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #871 on: June 08, 2010, 09:47:38 PM »
> "I just came to check on how everything went with the Hijiri individual.  I assume that's her?"
> Point to the figure leaning on Marisa.
> "Anyways, I don't wish to fight as I was sent here through Master's sleep-gapping and I also just had a run-in with two elemental witches.  So I assure you I come in peace."

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #872 on: June 08, 2010, 10:26:10 PM »
> "Lady Yukari was... sleep walking, or gapping, whichever you wish to call it, and in trying to get her back to bed, i was gapped here to Makai. I learned that a woman named Hijiri was likely sealed in this direction, and at the request of a, Shou I believe was her name, I decided to see if I could help unseal Hijiri."
> "To be honest, I kinda just wanna go home, have a nice bath, and then a long nap."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #873 on: June 09, 2010, 05:14:49 AM »
> "I just came to check on how everything went with the Hijiri individual.  I assume that's her?"
> Point to the figure leaning on Marisa.
> "Anyways, I don't wish to fight as I was sent here through Master's sleep-gapping and I also just had a run-in with two elemental witches.  So I assure you I come in peace."
> "Lady Yukari was... sleep walking, or gapping, whichever you wish to call it, and in trying to get her back to bed, i was gapped here to Makai. I learned that a woman named Hijiri was likely sealed in this direction, and at the request of a, Shou I believe was her name, I decided to see if I could help unseal Hijiri."
> "To be honest, I kinda just wanna go home, have a nice bath, and then a long nap."

>You draw closer to the group. They all look rather beat up, especially the big woman leaning on Marisa.
>"Yep," says Marisa. "This is Byakuren."
>"Um, hello," the other large woman mumbles.
>"Don't worry about her," Marisa says. "She just got danmaku'd up pretty good."
>"Not that I'd ever call that spellcard good," Reimu says with a snort.
>"Oh, you're just jealous at how many crazy faeries it can deal with at once." Marisa answers with a smile.
>Reimu snorts again. "There's a reason I've not used the Youkai Buster since Kanako settled down, you know."
>"I kinda liked that spellcard," says Sanae, frowning.
>"Yeah, of course you would," Reimu replies. "You were on the receiving end. Probably felt like a poet punching you." Reimu then looks back to you. "Anyways, you mentioned two elemental witches? I think I know who you're talking about. Those two were a pain. And...you said sleep gapping?"
>You quickly explain what you mean by it.
>"Yukari can do that?" Marisa asks. "Reimu, Sanae, I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep for awhile."
>"Yeah, that's kinda unsettling," Reimu agrees. "But I'm with a Ran, a nap and a bath would be nice right about now."
>"Um," says Byakuren, looking toward you  "When you say Yukari, are you talking about a skinny blonde youkai, who teleports and has a penchant for voyeurism and pickpocketing?"
>...That sounds disturbingly right. Though you wouldn't call someone as well-rounded as Yukari skinny by any means, and you've never seen her pickpocket. As for voyeurism, well, you've never caught her, but you wouldn't put it past her...

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #874 on: June 09, 2010, 06:40:59 PM »
> "She's blonde, I'll give you that much.  Not exactly skinny though, and I haven't seen her pickpocket.  Do you remember when you were sealed?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #875 on: June 09, 2010, 07:05:47 PM »
> "She's blonde, I'll give you that much.  Not exactly skinny though, and I haven't seen her pickpocket.  Do you remember when you were sealed?"

>"I suppose it is a coincidence, then. And no, I am afraid I don't," says Byakuren. "From what Miss Kirisame tells me, there's been a calander change or two since then. But, I imagine it's been for quite a few centuries."

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #876 on: June 09, 2010, 07:14:08 PM »
> "To be fair, I'm sure it's been a long time since you were sealed.  And I don't really know of anyone else who teleports like that, and she has a mischievous streak anyway, so I couldn't really say what she was like before I started serving her around..."
> How long have we been Yukari's shikigami?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #877 on: June 09, 2010, 07:20:40 PM »
> "To be fair, I'm sure it's been a long time since you were sealed.  And I don't really know of anyone else who teleports like that, and she has a mischievous streak anyway, so I couldn't really say what she was like before I started serving her around..."
> How long have we been Yukari's shikigami?

>"Hmm. Maybe it is the same one, then? I suppose I'll find out soon enough. Regardless, it is a pleasure to meet you."
>You've lost count of how long it's been. A couple centuries, at least.
>The five of you are nearing the edge of the sealed region now. You see no signs of Yuki or Mai, or anyone else really.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #878 on: June 09, 2010, 09:34:45 PM »
> "Why, may I ask, were you sealed Miss Hijiri? Certainly whomever did it had a reason of some sort."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #879 on: June 09, 2010, 09:45:48 PM »
> "Why, may I ask, were you sealed Miss Hijiri? Certainly whomever did it had a reason of some sort."

>"It is a long story," she says. "Suffice it to say that humans did not approve of that which does not benefit only them; my assisting youkai such as yourself brought their ire upon me."

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #880 on: June 09, 2010, 10:04:12 PM »
>"It is a long story," she says. "Suffice it to say that humans did not approve of that which does not benefit only them; my assisting youkai such as yourself brought their ire upon me."

>_

> "You aided Youkai? How noble and kind of you, I see why that Shou would speak so kindly of you. I myself already like you much more, as it is rare to find a Human who is willing to aid Youkai."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #881 on: June 09, 2010, 10:08:51 PM »
> "I just remembered!  Before I was attacked by those witches, I was following a ball of light that seemed to be somewhat sentient.  I don't suppose you four have seen anything resembling it?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #882 on: June 09, 2010, 10:16:12 PM »
> "You aided Youkai? How noble and kind of you, I see why that Shou would speak so kindly of you. I myself already like you much more, as it is rare to find a Human who is willing to aid Youkai."

>"Hey," says Reimu. "Moon Incident? That was for you guys. The Kanako incident? What with the Tengu and the Kappa getting agitated? Little respect, please"
>Sanae frowns at the mention of the latter incident.

> "I just remembered!  Before I was attacked by those witches, I was following a ball of light that seemed to be somewhat sentient.  I don't suppose you four have seen anything resembling it?"

>"Oh I hate that thing!" Sanae says, scrunching her face in disgust. "It's such a pain! All you could really do was wait until it got sick of you and runs off!"
>"Yeah, we saw it, right before we met Biggun," says Reimu. "And on that ship."
>"Hey, don't call me that..." Byakuren says, giving Reimu a hurt look.
>"It flew off somewhere, I have no idea where," says Marisa.

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #883 on: June 09, 2010, 10:24:06 PM »
> "That's a shame.  I was hoping you knew where it was."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #884 on: June 09, 2010, 10:28:42 PM »
> "That's a shame.  I was hoping you knew where it was."

>"As long as it's out of my hair, it's welcome to stay in Makai," says Reimu. "Speaking of which, you're gonna be able to charge up that ship, right Biggun?"
>Byakuren sighs, and sensing she's not going to win that battle, nods.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #885 on: June 09, 2010, 11:51:37 PM »
> "Reimu, when I say Humans who help Youkai are rare, I mean it. Although, I seem to have 4 Humans who help Youkai right here. I thank all of you for every bit of kindness you offer to Youkai." Give a nice heart-warming smile while saying that.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #886 on: June 10, 2010, 12:00:18 AM »
> "Reimu, when I say Humans who help Youkai are rare, I mean it. Although, I seem to have 4 Humans who help Youkai right here. I thank all of you for every bit of kindness you offer to Youkai." Give a nice heart-warming smile while saying that.

>"Not so rare," Reimu says, "given you're in the village buying tofu every so often. And I sure don't see anyone chasing the faeries and Rumia out of school."
>"Really?" Byakuren asks, looking between Reimu and you.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #887 on: June 10, 2010, 12:10:08 AM »
> "Touche, but I'd class you and Marisa at a much hgher degree of kindness to Youkai. As you said, the Moon Incident."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #888 on: June 10, 2010, 12:18:50 AM »
> "Touche, but I'd class you and Marisa at a much hgher degree of kindness to Youkai. As you said, the Moon Incident."

>"Well of course," says Reimu.
>"So, did you get things sorted with Miss Yukari?" Sanae asks.

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #889 on: June 10, 2010, 12:21:25 AM »
> "Last I saw her, she was still sleeping in the ship so I doubt she has woken up yet."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #890 on: June 10, 2010, 12:26:41 AM »
> "Last I saw her, she was still sleeping in the ship so I doubt she has woken up yet."

>"She's on the ship?" Marisa asks, frowning a bit.
>Reimu just sighs. "Why do I have to deal with Yukari after all that. I'm probably already gonna get sick just from being in Makai..."

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #891 on: June 10, 2010, 12:28:23 AM »
> "Oh don't worry, Lady Yukari is asleep and shouldn't be awake for about a week or so. Unless someone is stupid, or cocky, enough to wake her."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #892 on: June 10, 2010, 12:40:37 AM »
> "Oh don't worry, Lady Yukari is asleep and shouldn't be awake for about a week or so. Unless someone is stupid, or cocky, enough to wake her."

>The sighs of relief that Marisa and Reimu give in response to that frankly make your ears bristle a bit.  Yukari's not that bad. When she's not drinking. Or in a mood...
>"So, um, you knew Yukari?" Sanae asks Byakuren. The woman nods in response. "Did the two of you get along?"
>"Hmmm, in a sense, if we speak of the same person" says Byakuren. "She tried to rob me a few times. I could catch her pretty easily. She wasn't a bad person, just a little self-centered and prone to ignore others. But she didn't really have much malice in her heart. We spoke a few times."

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #893 on: June 10, 2010, 01:37:55 AM »
> Do we happen to have a picture of Yukari on ourself? Like a locket?
> "Reimu, Marisa, what may I ask, is so bad about Lady Yukari? I might not be seeing it since I have served her for so long, so please, enlighten me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #894 on: June 10, 2010, 07:42:37 AM »
> Do we happen to have a picture of Yukari on ourself? Like a locket?
> "Reimu, Marisa, what may I ask, is so bad about Lady Yukari? I might not be seeing it since I have served her for so long, so please, enlighten me."

>You do not.
>"She comes and goes whenever she pleases with no regard to what you're actually doing" Marisa says.
>"Drinks up all the tea." Reimu adds.
>"Always wants a favor," says Marisa.
>"Speaks in riddles and won't be direct about anything you want her to be," Reimu says.
>"Somehow both infuriatingly polite and tactless at the same time"
>"Won't keep her hands to herself."
>You're getting the feeling they could go on...

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #895 on: June 10, 2010, 02:04:23 PM »
> "Oh... well I am truely sorry for any and all trouble she has caused you two." Give a polite bow.
> How close are we to the ship?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #896 on: June 10, 2010, 02:09:32 PM »
> "Oh... well I am truely sorry for any and all trouble she has caused you two." Give a polite bow.
> How close are we to the ship?

>"You don't have to apologize for her," says Reimu, waving your gesture off.  "But thanks, I appreciate it."
>You can't see it yet, but now that you're back in Makai proper, you don't think it should be too far away.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #897 on: June 10, 2010, 02:13:27 PM »
> How much money do we have on us? If any, how much do we need to keep for some reason?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #898 on: June 10, 2010, 02:25:22 PM »
> How much money do we have on us? If any, how much do we need to keep for some reason?

>You do not have any on you at the moment. You do have about 300☼ at home, but only 25☼ is really there for you to spend. The rest is for the household, and would have to be replaced.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #899 on: June 12, 2010, 08:12:21 PM »
> Head back to the ship