Author Topic: Ran Quest: A Z-Machine Sidestory  (Read 83944 times)

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
Re: Ran Quest: A Z-Machine Sidestory
« Reply #720 on: May 06, 2010, 03:04:47 AM »
> "No clue what it was past the obvious, an Orb of Light. It was doing figure-8s over Yukari, stopped, then unleashed a massive amount of danmaku towards me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #721 on: May 06, 2010, 03:17:40 AM »
> "No clue what it was past the obvious, an Orb of Light. It was doing figure-8s over Yukari, stopped, then unleashed a massive amount of danmaku towards me."

>"Must be some crazy Makai thing," says Murasa with a shrug.  "What're your plans, anyways? Your girl there doing okay?"

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #722 on: May 06, 2010, 03:30:16 AM »
> " I'm only here because I was searching for Yukari, and then she brought me to Makai after I found her.  So once she wakes up, I'm hoping that she will return us both home. Though she may well sleep long enough that I'll have to just carry her home once this ship returns to Gensokyo..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #723 on: May 06, 2010, 03:33:48 AM »
> " I'm only here because I was searching for Yukari, and then she brought me to Makai after I found her.  So once she wakes up, I'm hoping that she will return us both home. Though she may well sleep long enough that I'll have to just carry her home once this ship returns to Gensokyo..."

>Murasa nods. "Might just be able to walk out the barrier yourself, carrying her like you did. Pretty sure we did a number on the thing."

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #724 on: May 06, 2010, 03:45:01 AM »
> Does Yukari look as if she would be safe to wake up?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #725 on: May 06, 2010, 02:04:26 PM »
> Does Yukari look as if she would be safe to wake up?

>Well, she hasn't tried to get up yet. But she's still squirming a bit and muttering to herself. You honestly don't know.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #726 on: May 06, 2010, 02:47:07 PM »
> If Murasa doesn't say anything, walk over to Yukari and try to soothe her, to calm her, in a motherly manner.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #727 on: May 06, 2010, 04:15:52 PM »
> If Murasa doesn't say anything, walk over to Yukari and try to soothe her, to calm her, in a motherly manner.

>You straighten her covers and smooth her hair a bit, while telling her everything will be okay in a soft voice. She calms a bit, though there is still the periodic squirm.

>_
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 12:34:05 AM by Hoboverlord Purvis »

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #728 on: May 06, 2010, 11:48:28 PM »
>Exactly how cranky does Yukari get when woken up during a sleep of this length? It's unlikely she'll take TOO much of the extenuating circumstances into account, but now that things have settled a little, taking a few minutes to try and get her calm and wake her up safely may be the best course of action.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #729 on: May 07, 2010, 12:37:56 AM »
>Exactly how cranky does Yukari get when woken up during a sleep of this length? It's unlikely she'll take TOO much of the extenuating circumstances into account, but now that things have settled a little, taking a few minutes to try and get her calm and wake her up safely may be the best course of action.

>Once she gets going properly, she's terribly hard to wake up, short of a rampaging Suika. There's been at least one occasion when you had to haul her out of the house when it caught fire, and she still slept for a good two days later. But, when she's "restless" like this, for lack of a better term, she can be awoken and tends not to take it well. But she isn't an unreasonable monster, either.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #730 on: May 07, 2010, 01:04:27 AM »
>Mmm. This incident is probably a valid excuse, but... I guess having her wake up wouldn't be a disaster.
>"I'd like to make it back soon, but I'm not sure it would be best for me to take Yukari back on my own, especially with Makai's dangers along the way. And the hammocks here look like the best place available to keep Yukari calm enough to sleep properly. Would it be too much to ask for a ride back on this, especially if I help out with Hijiri?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #731 on: May 07, 2010, 01:39:41 AM »
>Mmm. This incident is probably a valid excuse, but... I guess having her wake up wouldn't be a disaster.
>"I'd like to make it back soon, but I'm not sure it would be best for me to take Yukari back on my own, especially with Makai's dangers along the way. And the hammocks here look like the best place available to keep Yukari calm enough to sleep properly. Would it be too much to ask for a ride back on this, especially if I help out with Hijiri?"

>At worst she'll be grouchy, you imagine.
>"If you wanna keep her here, that's fine by me," says Murasa. "Dunno when we'll be able to take off, though. Even when Hijiri gets back, it might take her some time to get us going again."

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #732 on: May 07, 2010, 01:53:59 AM »
> "Well, it's either wait it out and hope for the best, or pick up Yukari and try to walk or fly my way out and risk the high-hell of Yukari getting hit, waking up and being extremly angry. I'll take waiting thank you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #733 on: May 07, 2010, 02:03:43 AM »
> "Well, it's either wait it out and hope for the best, or pick up Yukari and try to walk or fly my way out and risk the high-hell of Yukari getting hit, waking up and being extremly angry. I'll take waiting thank you."

>Murasa nods. "Fair enough. Anything you need?"

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #734 on: May 07, 2010, 02:48:43 AM »
>"Nothing of great importance, I believe, but I would like to speed this along, if I can. Or try and investigate that orb of light, if you have any idea where it went. I didn't see anything like that when I was elsewhere in Makai..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #735 on: May 07, 2010, 02:54:56 AM »
>"Nothing of great importance, I believe, but I would like to speed this along, if I can. Or try and investigate that orb of light, if you have any idea where it went. I didn't see anything like that when I was elsewhere in Makai..."

>"I don't know what you could do to speed things along," says Murasa. "But, that orb thing went southeast. At a fine clip, too. Don't think I could keep up with it, myself."

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #736 on: May 07, 2010, 03:25:38 AM »
>Is that the direction of the way back to Gensokyo?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #737 on: May 07, 2010, 03:36:01 AM »
>Is that the direction of the way back to Gensokyo?

>You're pretty sure that is where the seal lies, actually.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #738 on: May 11, 2010, 02:56:15 PM »
>Time passes. With little else to do, and no desire to risk the finding the way out yourself, you just sit by Yukari and try to keep things calm for her. Eventually, she seems to settle into a proper sleep, her mutterings and shifting fading away.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #739 on: May 11, 2010, 03:09:44 PM »
> If Yukari is no longer technically sleepwalking and just sleeping, consider waking her up gently, maybe with the scent of food she likes to help. The scent of good food is capable of waking up sleeping people after all :D Don't actually wake her yet, just consider it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #740 on: May 11, 2010, 03:23:41 PM »
> If Yukari is no longer technically sleepwalking and just sleeping, consider waking her up gently, maybe with the scent of food she likes to help. The scent of good food is capable of waking up sleeping people after all :D Don't actually wake her yet, just consider it.

>You might be able to wake up Yukari now. However, you have peaked into the kitchen and didn't see much in the way of foodstuffs to work with. But you could probably leave her alone for a little bit without her gapping away on you.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #741 on: May 11, 2010, 03:34:46 PM »
> Make sure Yukari is relaxed, like we did earlyer to calm her.
> "I think I might go after that Orb of Light. But I need you or Ichirin to watch over Yukari for me while I'm gone. If she wakes up, which I doubt, but if she does, give her a short summary of whats happened. Gapped in Makai while she was asleep, ect. Can I ask that of you Captain Murasa?" Gotta give a nice smile when saying the last part.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #742 on: May 11, 2010, 03:40:33 PM »
> Make sure Yukari is relaxed, like we did earlyer to calm her.
> "I think I might go after that Orb of Light. But I need you or Ichirin to watch over Yukari for me while I'm gone. If she wakes up, which I doubt, but if she does, give her a short summary of whats happened. Gapped in Makai while she was asleep, ect. Can I ask that of you Captain Murasa?" Gotta give a nice smile when saying the last part.

>You're pretty sure that she's properly relaxed.
>You wait for Murasa to come below decks again, and ask her to watch over Yukari for you. "Yeah, we can do that," she says.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #743 on: May 11, 2010, 03:47:45 PM »
> "Thank you very much! I'm going to go after that Orb of Light then. If Hijiri is freed while I get their, since it is in the direction to said it went in was apperently the direction of the seal, I'll help bring her back here since it's in my interest as well."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #744 on: May 11, 2010, 03:50:47 PM »
> "Thank you very much! I'm going to go after that Orb of Light then. If Hijiri is freed while I get their, since it is in the direction to said it went in was apperently the direction of the seal, I'll help bring her back here since it's in my interest as well."

>"Um, okay..." says Murasa. You think your tangle of words might have lost her.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #745 on: May 11, 2010, 06:50:15 PM »
> "Apperently the direction the Orb went is the direction of the Seal. If Hijiri is free from the seal once I get their, I'll help her back. Sorry if I confused you, I'm getting a bit excited."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #746 on: May 11, 2010, 06:59:30 PM »
> "Apperently the direction the Orb went is the direction of the Seal. If Hijiri is free from the seal once I get their, I'll help her back. Sorry if I confused you, I'm getting a bit excited."

>"Okay, just be careful," says Murasa.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #747 on: May 14, 2010, 12:02:00 AM »
> Exit the ship and start heading after that Orb, by flight of course.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #748 on: May 14, 2010, 12:23:28 AM »
> Exit the ship and start heading after that Orb, by flight of course.

>You leave the ship.
>It has quieted down quite a bit outside. The clash between the faeries is over, and the few Gensokyoan faeries remaining fly over head, boating about their victory and how awesome they are.
>You begin to fly Southeast, skirting by the edge of the forest. Below, you can see empty plains of scrub and rock, dotted with the occasional pasture or field. The horizon ahead of you is much less gloomy than it was, leading you to suspect the seal has been broken.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #749 on: May 14, 2010, 12:25:29 AM »
> Continue flying towards the seal, watching closly for danmaku.
> Hope that whoever broke the seal is friendly to us and to Hijiri.