Author Topic: Ran Quest: A Z-Machine Sidestory  (Read 83849 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Ran Quest: A Z-Machine Sidestory
« Reply #660 on: April 27, 2010, 02:55:45 PM »
> "Anything I could do to help here, or are you ok?"

>"I could use a sandwich," says Murasa.
>Ichirin gives her another look.
>"What?" Murasa says, "It's only the truth."
>Ichirin shakes her head. "I don't think we we really need anything. It wouldn't be fair of us to ask you for any help when you've clearly got your own problems to deal with. I do wish the faeries wouldn't fight, but that's something of a pipe dream, I suppose."

>_

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #661 on: April 27, 2010, 03:04:43 PM »
>"If you've got the supplies, I could see about putting together some food... you're right to worry about the makai fairies thinking about robbing the ship - Shinki thought the same - but it looks like our imports are keeping them busy enough. Breaking up the fight probably wouldn't be worth the trouble."
>"I don't suppose you have any idea what to expect after Shou and the humans are done with their fight?"
There was something here once. Wonder what...

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #662 on: April 27, 2010, 03:10:17 PM »
> Consider what songs we know that Yukari likes that aren't "loud."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #663 on: April 27, 2010, 03:15:57 PM »
>"If you've got the supplies, I could see about putting together some food... you're right to worry about the makai fairies thinking about robbing the ship - Shinki thought the same - but it looks like our imports are keeping them busy enough. Breaking up the fight probably wouldn't be worth the trouble."
>"I don't suppose you have any idea what to expect after Shou and the humans are done with their fight?"

>It would be hard to cook with your hands full of Yukari.
>"Not much," says Murasa, "the faeries took most of what we had in store. Rest is probably half eaten."
>"I expect Shou will have her hands full carrying them back after beating them up," says Ichirin. "She's no slouch. Afterwards, we use the treasures to break the seal, and bring Hijiri home! Restoring the ship will be nothing for her."
>Murasa just shrugs. "Tell you what, at least the witch seemed interested in helping out. So hopefully things will go okay."

> Consider what songs we know that Yukari likes that aren't "loud."

>You've never been much for singing, really. But you could probably give her a quiet song or two if you wanted.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #664 on: April 27, 2010, 03:27:21 PM »
>"Mmm... don't be too comfortable. Reimu and Marisa are known for regularly taking care of major incidents in Gensokyo, and for very good reason. But it sounds like they'll be letting out Hijiri one way or another, so I suppose it's a moot point."
>"I think I'll go down and take a look around. Yukari could use some sort of bed if I'm going to try and get her to calm down, and some of the Makai fairies may have been clever enough to try being stealthy. Is that alright?"
>if no objections, head into the ship and look around for foods and/or the sleeping quarters

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #665 on: April 27, 2010, 03:35:48 PM »
>"Mmm... don't be too comfortable. Reimu and Marisa are known for regularly taking care of major incidents in Gensokyo, and for very good reason. But it sounds like they'll be letting out Hijiri one way or another, so I suppose it's a moot point."
>"I think I'll go down and take a look around. Yukari could use some sort of bed if I'm going to try and get her to calm down, and some of the Makai fairies may have been clever enough to try being stealthy. Is that alright?"
>if no objections, head into the ship and look around for foods and/or the sleeping quarters

>Murasa nods in agreement with your assessment. "You really think so?" Ichirin says.
>"Sure, knock yourself out," says Murasa. "Crew's Mess is down the main and to the right. And just take any hammock you like, no one cares."
>You head below decks.Now that there aren't faeries flying about and being faeries, you can see that the interior is mostly one long hallway; you're not sure what the proper term for it would be. You can see a couple doors here and there. Hammocks of varying sizes hang from the ceiling along the walls.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #666 on: April 27, 2010, 07:17:56 PM »
>do a quick check of the mess hall, and maybe other rooms, for possible blankets/clothes to cover Yukari with, and a stool or something to take out and sit beside her hammock in. Or salvageable sandvich components.
>quests, descriptions

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #667 on: April 28, 2010, 02:15:47 AM »
>do a quick check of the mess hall, and maybe other rooms, for possible blankets/clothes to cover Yukari with, and a stool or something to take out and sit beside her hammock in. Or salvageable sandvich components.
>quests, descriptions

>You look into the mess hall. It's fairly small and cramped; you can't imagine it would comfortably fit the mob of faeries that you've seen.  There is a long, low table bolted to the floor, and a basic stove in the back near a pantry that has been pretty thoroughly raided. You're not sure if you could do much with it.
>Looking around elsewhere, you find a couple of storage closets, once of them containing a couple spare blankets. Checking around the steering house, you find a stool.
>Your Quests are:
>Credit Where Credit's Due.
>Sanae is late on the delivery of some Red Lily Pads to Rinnosuke. He has bid you to collect them or repossess the item that she got for them.
>Sleepwalk Woes
>Yukari is sleepwalking! And sleep manipulating. You have to get her back home before she hurts herself! You've managed to find her, only it involved going  to Makai.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #668 on: April 28, 2010, 10:07:42 PM »
>grab a blanket for Yukari
>head over to a hammock, take a stool along if there's a free hand somehow (put blanket on top of Yukari in transit?)
>set Yukari up in the hammock for now and stay close

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #669 on: April 29, 2010, 03:32:32 AM »
>grab a blanket for Yukari
>head over to a hammock, take a stool along if there's a free hand somehow (put blanket on top of Yukari in transit?)
>set Yukari up in the hammock for now and stay close

>It takes some fancy manipulation on your part, but you are able to get a blanket. You have to nudge the stool over to a hammock with your feet, but this works well enough.
>You gently lay Yukari down on the hammock and cover her up. She shifts around a little bit before snuggling into the blanket.
>You think you see something moving out of the corner of your eye.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #670 on: April 29, 2010, 03:53:24 AM »
>put a hand on Yukari's shoulder to keep tabs on her and look over at whatever it is

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #671 on: April 29, 2010, 03:54:23 AM »
>Keep the serious face on when you turn to look. The Shikigami of Yakumo Yukari can't afford to mess around.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #672 on: April 29, 2010, 04:00:03 AM »
>put a hand on Yukari's shoulder to keep tabs on her and look over at whatever it is

>You put a hand on Yukari's shoulder. She shifts and mumbles something that should suspiciously like "Burritos"
>Looking over, you don't see anything.

>Keep the serious face on when you turn to look. The Shikigami of Yakumo Yukari can't afford to mess around.

>You give that empty air your business look.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #673 on: April 29, 2010, 05:07:22 AM »
>Hmm. That probably isn't good.
>take a better look around without getting up

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #674 on: April 29, 2010, 05:19:31 AM »
>Hmm. That probably isn't good.
>take a better look around without getting up

>You look around, catching motion out of the corner of your eye again. You are certain that you're not imaging that. But you can't see anything when you try to focus on it.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #675 on: April 29, 2010, 05:35:39 AM »
>Probably either optical-camouflaged or an illusion. Do we have an easy way to break that?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #676 on: April 29, 2010, 05:49:49 AM »
>Probably either optical-camouflaged or an illusion. Do we have an easy way to break that?

>If it is optical camouflage, you image that just throwing something on it will work.
>Illusions are trickier. They require one to identify what is illusionary, then convince oneself that it is not there, generally by denying the senses that it invokes. Depending on the type of illusion, it can be very difficult.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #677 on: April 29, 2010, 06:00:26 AM »
>inventory
>how tightly is Yukari clinging to her blanket?
>listen carefully for a moment, see if auditory elements were properly included

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #678 on: April 29, 2010, 06:37:46 AM »
>inventory
>how tightly is Yukari clinging to her blanket?
>listen carefully for a moment, see if auditory elements were properly included

>Your Inventory Contains
>Long-sleeved robe: (Worn as clothes)
>Shikigami: Wizard Fox Thoughts (Significantly expended)
>Shikigami's Radiance: Fox-Tanuki Youkai Laser
>5 Ruined Spellcards
>Shikigami's Radiance: Charming Siege from All Sides
>Shikigami's Shot: Unilateral Contact
>Illusion God: Descent of Izuna Gongen (Water damaged)
>Not too firmly; you could probably extract it without issue.
>You don't hear any movement...but maybe there is a sort of sound of air moving a little?

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #679 on: April 29, 2010, 06:40:33 AM »
>would one of the other hammocks be easily detachable to use as a net?
>if not, gently detach Yukari's grip on the blanket and get ready to toss/whip it at the movement

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #680 on: April 29, 2010, 06:50:48 AM »
>would one of the other hammocks be easily detachable to use as a net?
>if not, gently detach Yukari's grip on the blanket and get ready to toss/whip it at the movement

>You could probably untie one of the hammocks without too much trouble.
>You the motion out of the corner of your eye, again.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #681 on: April 29, 2010, 03:08:41 PM »
> "I believe you may wish to introduce yourself if you mean no harm. If you have business with me, please be up front with it." Serious but not to loud tone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #682 on: April 29, 2010, 03:27:21 PM »
> "I believe you may wish to introduce yourself if you mean no harm. If you have business with me, please be up front with it." Serious but not to loud tone.

>You decide to try the civil approach. There is no answer. But you catch a glimpse of motion out of your right eye, then your left.
>Yukari mutters something, shifting onto her side. It sounds like, "Falafels"

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #683 on: April 29, 2010, 03:40:51 PM »
> "I can tell that someone is moving around, maybe more then just one. If you do not reveal your self or yourselves on the count of 3, I will assume you hostile in intent and attack. It's best for us all if you just reveal yourself."
> Try to sense how many living things are near us, if plausable. Like through detecting the source of power from whatever is moving.
> Be ready to attack whatever is moving, physically and through a spell card, either Fox-Tanuki Youkai Laser, Charming Seige from All Sides or Unilateral Contact. Whichever is better within our current suroundings, short to medium range and semi-condifed area.
> Start counting to 3, but giving a bigger gap of time between 2 and 3.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #684 on: April 29, 2010, 04:13:16 PM »
> "I can tell that someone is moving around, maybe more then just one. If you do not reveal your self or yourselves on the count of 3, I will assume you hostile in intent and attack. It's best for us all if you just reveal yourself."
> Try to sense how many living things are near us, if plausable. Like through detecting the source of power from whatever is moving.
> Be ready to attack whatever is moving, physically and through a spell card, either Fox-Tanuki Youkai Laser, Charming Seige from All Sides or Unilateral Contact. Whichever is better within our current suroundings, short to medium range and semi-condifed area.
> Start counting to 3, but giving a bigger gap of time between 2 and 3.

>You get no answer.
>You don't sense anything unusual down here, which is odd. You tend to have a good nose for magic. But you do think you hear something moving through the air.
>You are pretty sure that the only card you could use and not risk hitting Yukari is Shikigami's Radiance: Fox-Tanuki Youkai Laser.
>You count to three. There is no response, nor do you see anything.

>_

« Reply #685 on: April 29, 2010, 04:50:08 PM »
> Add quest: "Find 'Falafels' for Yukari"

I'm not sure whether to attack with the blanket or the spellcard, personally. The blanket would cause less collateral damage, but would leave Yukari cold. The spellcard would probably stop the trickery, but we might need it for something more threatening later.

mad

« Reply #686 on: May 01, 2010, 12:25:22 AM »
>We said we were going to fire. Do so. Use non-card danmaku first while avoiding hitting Yukari.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #687 on: May 01, 2010, 12:46:06 AM »
>We said we were going to fire. Do so. Use non-card danmaku first while avoiding hitting Yukari.

>You may have non-card danmaku, or your may avoid hitting Yukari.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #688 on: May 02, 2010, 05:14:56 AM »
> Fire one or two non-card bullets, and away from Yukari. We said we would shoot, so shoot.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #689 on: May 02, 2010, 08:55:44 AM »
> Fire one or two non-card bullets, and away from Yukari. We said we would shoot, so shoot.

>You fire a couple of your kunai-style bullets, directing them away from Yukari as well as you can. They fly harmlessly, and don't seem to hit anything.
>You see motion out of the counter of your eye again; but with your back being currently turned to Yukari as it is...

>_