Author Topic: Ran Quest: A Z-Machine Sidestory  (Read 83890 times)

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
Re: Ran Quest: A Z-Machine Sidestory
« Reply #630 on: April 23, 2010, 03:39:56 PM »
> "Oh sorry. Umm, do you know the where the seal they are heading to is? Does it have any defining feature to it?"
> "I'll go and speak with them to see if anything can be done about the light thats being brought in. The last thing I want to happen is people around here attacking the ship because of the light."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #631 on: April 23, 2010, 09:47:47 PM »
:words: The last thing I want to happen is people around here attacking the ship because of the light."
>"Or even worse, liking it."
>As in, liking the light. Such heathens that would make them!
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #632 on: April 23, 2010, 10:36:01 PM »
> "Oh sorry. Umm, do you know the where the seal they are heading to is? Does it have any defining feature to it?"
> "I'll go and speak with them to see if anything can be done about the light thats being brought in. The last thing I want to happen is people around here attacking the ship because of the light."

>"It is really dark," Shinki says. "I only went there once, back when the whole spellcard thing took off. They did a good job sticking what's-her-name in there, it wasn't pleasant at all."
>"No one's going to attack it,"  Shinki says, with a distinct undercurrent of irritation, "Everyone here's completely useless, otherwise I wouldn't have to bother with it. Well, they might hassle the people on it, but they are not going to do any more than just rob it."

>"Or even worse, liking it."
>As in, liking the light. Such heathens that would make them!

>"Ugh. That would be such a pain..."

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #633 on: April 24, 2010, 12:07:11 AM »
> "I'll head off and see what can be done about the light then. Thank you for everything Shinki."
> If Shinki has no more business with us, head off to the flying ship.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #634 on: April 24, 2010, 12:14:50 AM »
> "I'll head off and see what can be done about the light then. Thank you for everything Shinki."
> If Shinki has no more business with us, head off to the flying ship.

>"Right. Good." Shinki frowns for a moment. "The password for the barrier is archeopteryx. Don't tell anyone."
>You look toward the ship, and see that it's no longer in the air. You can see it has landed by the mountains, some distance to the south.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #635 on: April 24, 2010, 12:22:21 AM »
> "Got it, thanks again Shinki."
> Start heading toward the ship by flight.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #636 on: April 24, 2010, 12:46:10 AM »
> "Got it, thanks again Shinki."
> Start heading toward the ship by flight.

>"Just don't make me regret it," Shinki says.
>You take to the air, taking a slow, gentle course toward the Formerly Flying Ship. "S'cold," Yukari mutters at one point, but she doesn't seem to do much about it other than get some goosebumps.
>Approaching the ship, you find a fair amount of danmaku flying about, as a cloud of faeries swoops and swarms over it. You can discern both the faeries that were on the ship and the pallid faeries of Makai in the swarm.

>_

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #637 on: April 24, 2010, 06:35:35 AM »
>considering how we shouldn't be bringing Yukari into a fight and we have no real reason to get into the fairy turf war, this is probably best avoided.
>That in mind, look for ways to get onto the ship, reach one of the people on it, or check out any caves or whatever nearby
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #638 on: April 24, 2010, 07:16:11 AM »
>considering how we shouldn't be bringing Yukari into a fight and we have no real reason to get into the fairy turf war, this is probably best avoided.
>That in mind, look for ways to get onto the ship, reach one of the people on it, or check out any caves or whatever nearby

>You stop before you fly into the fighting.
>Looking around, you could probably fly around the fighting and approach the ship from the other direction. At least, that would keep you from the worst of it.  You think you see Ichirin and Murasa sitting by each other on deck. You don't see any caves here.

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #639 on: April 24, 2010, 01:19:40 PM »
> Attempt to reach Ichirin and Murasa.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #640 on: April 24, 2010, 01:27:53 PM »
> Attempt to reach Ichirin and Murasa.

>How do you intend to do this?

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #641 on: April 24, 2010, 01:35:48 PM »
> If possible, attempt to reach Ichirin and Murasa through flight.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #642 on: April 24, 2010, 01:41:43 PM »
> If possible, attempt to reach Ichirin and Murasa through flight.

>There's a few flight paths that you could take. Which do you prefer?

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #643 on: April 24, 2010, 02:10:24 PM »
>Fly around the fighting.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #644 on: April 24, 2010, 02:24:47 PM »
>Fly around the fighting.

>You try to work your way around the fighting as well as you can. You are, unfortunately, going to have to get perilously close to it if you wish to land on the ship; there is a fair chance that some part of the aerial acrobatics will come toward you, or that some stray shots will come your way.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #645 on: April 24, 2010, 09:50:10 PM »
> Get ready to fly as fast as we can.
> Watch the side that is shooting in our general direction. If we are left, watch the fairies on the right and vice-versa.
> Once their is an opening, gun it, fly towards the deck as fast as we can while avoiding whatever attack we can. If we are going to get hit, try to take the hit in place of Yukari.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #646 on: April 24, 2010, 11:33:13 PM »
> Get ready to fly as fast as we can.
> Watch the side that is shooting in our general direction. If we are left, watch the fairies on the right and vice-versa.
> Once their is an opening, gun it, fly towards the deck as fast as we can while avoiding whatever attack we can. If we are going to get hit, try to take the hit in place of Yukari.

>You take a moment to assess the situation, then fly as quickly as you can.
>The fighting is to your left, and yo keep a close eye out for stray fire. There is some, but none of it comes close to you.
>A Gensokyo  faerie, however, darts outward from the cloud, being chased by two Makai faeries, and more or less hurtles directly into your path, as the pursers fire upon her.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #647 on: April 25, 2010, 02:30:09 AM »
> Redirect our course to avoid the fairies as best as possible.
> Be ready to sheild Yukari from fairy danmaku and such.
> Land on the ship deck when we get close enough.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #648 on: April 25, 2010, 02:41:12 AM »
> Redirect our course to avoid the fairies as best as possible.
> Be ready to sheild Yukari from fairy danmaku and such.
> Land on the ship deck when we get close enough.

>You try to swoop low and avoid the faeries. Unfortunately, the chased faerie has the same idea. You barely manage to turn in time to keep her from colliding into Yukari, instead she slams into your back and nearly knocks you out of the air!.
>"Not s'rough," you hear Yukari mutter in a brief gap of silence between the the Makai faeries firing. Thankfully,  holding still after the lose of speed and balance keeps their danmaku from being too much trouble.
>You land on the deck. Murasa waves at you.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #649 on: April 25, 2010, 04:42:25 AM »
>"Makai doesn't seem to be the most welcoming place."
>"What have I missed?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #650 on: April 25, 2010, 04:51:44 AM »
>"Makai doesn't seem to be the most welcoming place."
>"What have I missed?"

>Taking a closer look at the pair, you think that you missed a fight.
>"That it isn't," says Murasa. "But we made it all the same. Had some trouble with some treasure hunters, but they helped us out. Turns out they had the pieces of the Flying Arc!"
>"Shou and Nazrin are out trying to work on the seal right now," Ichirin adds. "It's so exciting!"
>"Found your mistress, I see," Murasa says, nodding toward Yukari.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #651 on: April 25, 2010, 08:53:59 PM »
>"I'm guessing Nazrin told you the details: Yukari showed up while was working on getting the lantern, before bringing me here with her through a gap."
>"While I was working my way here, I met a rather powerful youkai girl named Shinki: It seems that this ship is bringing in some sort of 'light' that she isn't fond of. We shouldn't overstay our welcome, if we can help it."
>"And who were those treasure hunters, if I may ask?"
>this is the 'southeast seal' Shinki mentioned, right? Was the password related to this, or the route back to Gensokyo?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #652 on: April 26, 2010, 12:43:52 AM »
>"I'm guessing Nazrin told you the details: Yukari showed up while was working on getting the lantern, before bringing me here with her through a gap."
>"While I was working my way here, I met a rather powerful youkai girl named Shinki: It seems that this ship is bringing in some sort of 'light' that she isn't fond of. We shouldn't overstay our welcome, if we can help it."
>"And who were those treasure hunters, if I may ask?"
>this is the 'southeast seal' Shinki mentioned, right? Was the password related to this, or the route back to Gensokyo?

>"She did," says Ichirin. "You gave her quite a start. But all's well that ends well."
>The both nod as you mention Shinki's displeasure. "Well, the ship's out of power right now," says Murasa. "Hijiri should be able to do something about it, can't imagine it'll take more than a couple hours."
>"Oh, there were three of them," says Ichrin. "Two priestesses and a witch, all of them humans if you can believe it!"
>"Yeah, never had my hat handed to me by that many humans in a row," says Murasa, shaking her head. "Crazy."
>"The priestesses were showing off their armpits for some weird reason," says Ichirin with a small grimace. "Is that what's popular these days?"
>You think the password was related to the route back to Gensokyo.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #653 on: April 26, 2010, 02:25:59 AM »
>"I'm not going to try and guess at the reasoning behind Reimu's fashion sense, but I'd have been more surprised if her and Marisa DIDN'T give you trouble - if I'm guessing their identities right. Was the witch a muscular girl with black and white clothes, a broom, and incredible abdominals?"
>"A third human other than Sakuya is a bit of a surprise, though. Maybe that's the new girl from Youkai Mountain..."
>"Where are they now?"
>ask if there's a safe bed or anything you might be able to leave Yukari at - then again, giving her another opportunity to sleepwalk could be risky.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #654 on: April 26, 2010, 02:43:52 AM »
>"I'm not going to try and guess at the reasoning behind Reimu's fashion sense, but I'd have been more surprised if her and Marisa DIDN'T give you trouble - if I'm guessing their identities right. Was the witch a muscular girl with black and white clothes, a broom, and incredible abdominals?"
>"A third human other than Sakuya is a bit of a surprise, though. Maybe that's the new girl from Youkai Mountain..."
>"Where are they now?"
>ask if there's a safe bed or anything you might be able to leave Yukari at - then again, giving her another opportunity to sleepwalk could be risky.

>They nod in response to your description of Marisa. "Faith affirming," says Ichirin.
>"They took off," says Murasa. "But I think they went in the general direction of the seal."
>You inquire about a bed. "We have some hammocks," says Murasa.
>You are pretty sure if you put Yukari down, she'll wander off again. Going through the faerie cloud did little for relaxing her.

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #655 on: April 27, 2010, 12:04:13 AM »
> Don't let Yukari go.  We finally caught her after all.
> "So whats with all of the Makai fairies anyway?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #656 on: April 27, 2010, 01:33:00 AM »
> Don't let Yukari go.  We finally caught her after all.
> "So whats with all of the Makai fairies anyway?"

>You do not need to go through all of that crap again.
>Murasa shrugs. "Faeries are weird."
>Ichirin shoots her a look.  "Don't be so rude! They did their best to help us get here, after all!" She looks back to you. "I think it's something of a disagreement over boundaries and a meet and greet mixed into one. It can be a little difficult to understand faeries sometimes."
>"Might just be having fun," Murasa adds.
>Ichirin gives a nod. "Though I do think the native faeries are interested in robbing us, too."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #657 on: April 27, 2010, 01:34:46 AM »
>"Mind if I go see how Nazrin and Shou are doing with the seal?"
>If they don't, then proceed to carry out said action.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #658 on: April 27, 2010, 01:38:55 AM »
>"Mind if I go see how Nazrin and Shou are doing with the seal?"
>If they don't, then proceed to carry out said action.

>"If you wish," Ichirin says, though frowning.  "But it might be a bit dangerous."
>"Knowing those three with the Flying Arc," says Murasa, "There's going to be a whole lot of danmaku in the air. And Shou's no slouch when it comes to it, either."

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #659 on: April 27, 2010, 02:47:19 PM »
> "Anything I could do to help here, or are you ok?"