Author Topic: Ran Quest: A Z-Machine Sidestory  (Read 83863 times)

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
Re: Ran Quest: A Z-Machine Sidestory
« Reply #600 on: April 20, 2010, 03:02:25 PM »
> "Yes please, if it's not to much trouble."
> Would be at all possible to put a robe or some sort of simple clothing on Yukari without waking her? We are holding a woman in our arms, and she has little-to-no clothing on.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #601 on: April 20, 2010, 09:34:06 PM »
> "Yes please, if it's not to much trouble."
> Would be at all possible to put a robe or some sort of simple clothing on Yukari without waking her? We are holding a woman in our arms, and she has little-to-no clothing on.

>"That'll be twenty spades, then," she says, smiling as her headwings twitch in a manner you think is meant to be pleased.
>You could probably drape a blanket over her, if you had a blanket.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #602 on: April 20, 2010, 10:19:16 PM »
> "I'm afraid that I have no money of any sort at the moment. I came here by accident, and I'm trying to get back to Gensokyo."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #603 on: April 20, 2010, 10:22:52 PM »
> "I'm afraid that I have no money of any sort at the moment. I came here by accident, and I'm trying to get back to Gensokyo."

>"Oooo, that's a problem," says the batwinged demon. "What do you intend to do about that situation?"

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #604 on: April 20, 2010, 11:03:40 PM »
> "I am not sure. I don't suppose you would let me cross without paying the money, would you? Or might there be some sort of service I could provide?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #605 on: April 20, 2010, 11:06:40 PM »
> "I am not sure. I don't suppose you would let me cross without paying the money, would you? Or might there be some sort of service I could provide?"

>"You could give me your soul!" she says with a grin. "I take those, too. I'll let you come and go as much as you want for that."

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #606 on: April 20, 2010, 11:10:34 PM »
> "I'm afraid that I would much rather wait for her to wake up on her own. Such deals are almost never worth the price, especially considering that I don't expect to cross more than once."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #607 on: April 20, 2010, 11:14:16 PM »
> "I'm afraid that I would much rather wait for her to wake up on her own. Such deals are almost never worth the price, especially considering that I don't expect to cross more than once."

>"Rats!" She snaps her fingers. "You people never go for that one. How about the hat, then?"

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #608 on: April 20, 2010, 11:25:36 PM »
So THAT'S how it got put in Rinnosuke's store~
>"Deal."
>Give her the hat.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #609 on: April 20, 2010, 11:51:13 PM »
So THAT'S how it got put in Rinnosuke's store~
>"Deal."
>Give her the hat.

>It is a little difficult for you to give her your hat with your hands full of Yukari. But you are able to shrug it off a little, and she happily takes it and puts it on.  It looks rather silly on her, to be honest, but she seems happy with it. Hopefully Yukari will be understanding about this, you had it for a long time, and she rather liked it.
>"You can cross as much as you like all day," says the red-haired demon, smiling. "Try not to get in the river. There's piranhas in it."
>There is a splash by the riverbank, as a dark-haired youkai with really impressive teeth pokes her head from the river. "I'm not a piranha, you stupid succubus!"
>"Those are fighting words!" the demon shouts back, her previous good cheer evaporated.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #610 on: April 20, 2010, 11:57:03 PM »
> "Well, farewell then miss."
> Cross the bridge quickly, like speed-walking, so as to avoid the potential fight.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #611 on: April 21, 2010, 12:07:30 AM »
> "Well, farewell then miss."
> Cross the bridge quickly, like speed-walking, so as to avoid the potential fight.

>You don't think she heard you, or that she doesn't really care.
>You quickly cross the bridge, while you hear the youkai retort with, "I don't see why they are, you're a whore and so's you're whole family!"
>"That has nothing to do with it, you stupid catfish!"
>"What!"
>You cross the bridge without problems. Despite its rickety appearance, the floor is pretty sturdy. Really, you're more afraid of the roof collapsing on you.
>You reach the other side of the river. Ahead of you is more forest and foothills. The mountains loom not too far away. Obvious exits are east, west, and north.

>_

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #612 on: April 21, 2010, 12:10:14 AM »
> Proceed warily through the forest.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #613 on: April 21, 2010, 12:17:35 AM »
> Proceed warily through the forest.

>You make your way through the forest, careful of anything dangerous. You still hear the occasional faerie, but they seem to be too preoccupied with their own things to bother you.
>Soon the forest gives way foothills, and you can see the mountains not too far from here. It is less dark here, the redness in the sky seems brighter here. Obvious exits are South, East, and West.

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #614 on: April 21, 2010, 12:20:11 AM »
> Onwards!  We're nearly to the mountains!

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #615 on: April 21, 2010, 12:30:34 AM »
> Onwards!  We're nearly to the mountains!

>You move onwards, toward the mountains.
>As you do, the light gets brighter yet. It's almost not gloomy around here anymore. A motion in the sky draws your eyes upwards. Something large and greenish emerges from the peaks of the mountains, appearing from thin air. You quickly identify it as the flying ship; what are they doing here? As the ship flies onward, it seems to get markedly less gloomy, as if it were chasing the gloom away.
>"You. Foxears." comes a voice from behind! You jump. "Explain."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #616 on: April 21, 2010, 12:32:01 AM »
>Turn around and identify the voice.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #617 on: April 21, 2010, 12:43:14 AM »
>Turn around and identify the voice.

>Standing a few yards behind you is a smallish woman with blue-white hair, sporting a sizable ahoge, and wearing red robes. Where did she come from!?
>She frowns and furrows her brow. "Well, we can't have this sort of thing at all around here. Bad enough as it is."  She raises a hand toward the sky, directing her palm toward the flying ship, and begins to gather sickly red energy into it.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #618 on: April 21, 2010, 12:52:16 AM »
Time to see how much plot armor is given to preordained events in the fabric of space and time
>Nod sagely and watch what shall unfold.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #619 on: April 21, 2010, 12:53:46 AM »
> "That ship? If it who I think it is, they are trying to rescue a friend of theirs."

Is this Shinki or w/e we are talking with? I don't know PC98 characters that much past the ones who made it into the Windows games.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #620 on: April 21, 2010, 12:59:57 AM »
Time to see how much plot armor is given to preordained events in the fabric of space and time
>Nod sagely and watch what shall unfold.

>"What are you doing here, anyways?" She asks, while charging. "I can smell the Gensokyo on you."

> "That ship? If it who I think it is, they are trying to rescue a friend of theirs."

>"Let's pretend they are who you think they are. They're doing what now? And why does it involve filling my realm with this stupid light?"

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #621 on: April 21, 2010, 01:14:31 AM »
> "I'm here because Yukari brought me. She was sleepwalking, and it seems that she brought us here due to her not thinking clearly. She has the power to tear gaps in reality and step through them to other places, you see..."
> "As for what they are doing here, it seems that a friend of theirs has been sealed here in Makai, and they're trying to release her from the seal."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #622 on: April 21, 2010, 01:24:31 AM »
> "I'm here because Yukari brought me. She was sleepwalking, and it seems that she brought us here due to her not thinking clearly. She has the power to tear gaps in reality and step through them to other places, you see..."
> "As for what they are doing here, it seems that a friend of theirs has been sealed here in Makai, and they're trying to release her from the seal."

>"Oh," says the person. "Don't cause any messes, then."
>"What's this about seals? Wait, are they going for the big one to the southeast?"

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #623 on: April 21, 2010, 02:15:02 AM »
> "I would not know where they would be heading to be honest. Who or what if I may ask, is sealed in the southeast, in the "big one" you mentioned?"
> "Oh and before I forget my manners any further, my name is Ran Yakumo, the shikigami of Yukari Yakumo, the woman I am carrying."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #624 on: April 21, 2010, 02:22:14 AM »
> "I would not know where they would be heading to be honest. Who or what if I may ask, is sealed in the southeast, in the "big one" you mentioned?"
> "Oh and before I forget my manners any further, my name is Ran Yakumo, the shikigami of Yukari Yakumo, the woman I am carrying."

>"Shinki," says the woman. "And there's a place over there where people from your world sealed away someone. Never much bothered with it; we had a deal. But it's annoying."

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #625 on: April 21, 2010, 02:40:55 AM »
> "Hmmm, do you know the name of who is sealed within that particular seal miss Shinki? They told me they were trying to help a friend, I think one of them called the person Hijiri."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #626 on: April 21, 2010, 02:46:59 AM »
> "Hmmm, do you know the name of who is sealed within that particular seal miss Shinki? They told me they were trying to help a friend, I think one of them called the person Hijiri."

>She quirks her lips. "It might have been. Hijiri, Himeko, It was some name like that. I didn't pay too much attention at the time, It wasn't really important to me."

>_

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #627 on: April 21, 2010, 03:47:22 AM »
>"Ah... yes, if that's right. Maybe hear a little about the area, if you'd like to share - we're just traveling through for now, but I'm not especially familiar with Makai."
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #628 on: April 21, 2010, 04:35:07 AM »
>"Ah... yes, if that's right. Maybe hear a little about the area, if you'd like to share - we're just traveling through for now, but I'm not especially familiar with Makai."

>"What do you want to know?" she asks. She doesn't sound suspicious, but the look she's giving you most certainly is.

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #629 on: April 23, 2010, 03:10:39 AM »
>"I'm not going to bite you or anything, geez," Shinki says after a moment of painful silence. "I'm just irked some hotshot decided to bring that light in here and ruin all the gloom I've put so much attention in to."

>_