Author Topic: Ran Quest: A Z-Machine Sidestory  (Read 83886 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Ran Quest: A Z-Machine Sidestory
« Reply #360 on: April 10, 2010, 03:03:16 AM »
>Good point. Head for the lake.

>You make your way southward, through the Forest of Magic once again. Soon, the forest and the road give way to an open space dominated by the late, its waters choppy and agitated from the day's wind. In the distance, you can see Scarlet Devil Mansion.
>Nearby, at the banks of the lake, you can see Chen, among Daiyousei, Rumia, Cirno, and a few faeries you don't immediately recognize. They seem to be rather noisy at the moment.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #361 on: April 10, 2010, 06:44:47 AM »
> Approach Chen and the others.
> Greet everyone properly.
> "Chen, I need your help with something. Lady Yukari seems to be... sleep walking and I have next to no idea where she is, could you help me find her?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #362 on: April 10, 2010, 06:53:26 AM »
> Approach Chen and the others.
> Greet everyone properly.
> "Chen, I need your help with something. Lady Yukari seems to be... sleep walking and I have next to no idea where she is, could you help me find her?"

>You approach the group and start to greet them. As you do, Cirno looks over, and her eyes go wide. "It's Ran!" she shouts, "Cheese it!"
>Before you can say anything, most of the group scatters and runs. Chen remains, looking around and seeming confused. Then she sees you and shrinks back, eyes wide.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #363 on: April 10, 2010, 07:04:05 AM »
> "Is something the matter Chen?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #364 on: April 10, 2010, 07:08:14 AM »
> "Is something the matter Chen?"

>"Um...ah..."
>Her eyes are getting watery.
>Out of the corner of your eye, you think you see Daiyousei watching from the edge of the forest, while hiding behind a tree.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #365 on: April 10, 2010, 07:33:19 AM »
> Check ourself... did we get dressed? Are we presntable?
> "Chen, what is it, is their something behind me?" Turn around enough to look behind ourself.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #366 on: April 10, 2010, 07:38:34 AM »
> Check ourself... did we get dressed? Are we presntable?
> "Chen, what is it, is their something behind me?" Turn around enough to look behind ourself.

>Your tails aren't their best by a long shot, but that wouldn't get this kind of reaction...
>She shakes her head. You look back, and see Daiyousei duck behind the tree. You are pretty sure you see Rumia lurking some distance away, too.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #367 on: April 10, 2010, 03:36:49 PM »
> "Chen whats the matter? You seem bothered by something. I can't do anything about it if I don't know what it is."

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #368 on: April 10, 2010, 04:41:29 PM »
>Handsleeves, crouch down to her level, give moe motherly look.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #369 on: April 10, 2010, 05:05:10 PM »
> "Chen whats the matter? You seem bothered by something. I can't do anything about it if I don't know what it is."

>Handsleeves, crouch down to her level, give moe motherly look.

>It's pretty obvious that something is wrong and Chen doesn't want to talk about about. You kneel down so you aren't towering over her imperiously and do you best to look kindly.
>"R-r-ran..." she says, trying to fight back the tears and starting to lose that battle, "I d-did someth-thiing b-b-bad..."

>_

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #370 on: April 10, 2010, 05:06:02 PM »
>Ruffle (her) hair.
>"Tell me about it, little Chen. I'm sure it'll be fine."

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #371 on: April 10, 2010, 05:09:14 PM »
> "It's ok Chen, I won't be angry."
> Give Chen a nice big loving hug.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #372 on: April 10, 2010, 05:11:39 PM »
>Ruffle (her) hair.
>"Tell me about it, little Chen. I'm sure it'll be fine."

> "It's ok Chen, I won't be angry."
> Give Chen a nice big loving hug.

>Chen freezes up a little as you ruffle her hair and hug her.
>She sniffles. "P-prom-mise you w-won't g-get ma-mad?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #373 on: April 10, 2010, 05:13:22 PM »
> "I promise."

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #374 on: April 10, 2010, 05:22:28 PM »
> "I promise."

>"O-okay..." she says.
>Chen backs away from you, and takes a few deep, steadying breathes. Then she closes her eyes and clenches her fists.
>"I-ItookyourspellcardsthenthewindblewthemintothelakeandI'msorry!"
>She winces preemptively

>_

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #375 on: April 10, 2010, 05:26:38 PM »
>"Oh. So that's where they went."
>"Hmm. What could have convinced you to thrown them into the lake? That doesn't seem very logical."

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #376 on: April 10, 2010, 05:31:36 PM »
>"Thank you for telling me Chen." Give her a "I'm not mad" sort of smile.
> "Don't worry Chen, I'm not mad, but we are going to have to get them back at some point."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #377 on: April 10, 2010, 05:32:46 PM »
>"Hmm. What could have convinced you to thrown them into the lake? That doesn't seem very logical."
>DON'T say that second one. That's just mean. She didn't throw them into the lake, she lost hold of them or something like that and the wind blew them away.
>Would a spellcard still be usable after a swim in the lake?
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #378 on: April 10, 2010, 06:38:02 PM »

>"Thank you for telling me Chen." Give her a "I'm not mad" sort of smile.
> "Don't worry Chen, I'm not mad, but we are going to have to get them back at some point."

>DON'T say that second one. That's just mean. She didn't throw them into the lake, she lost hold of them or something like that and the wind blew them away.
>Would a spellcard still be usable after a swim in the lake?

>You smile as best you can, but on the inside, you're wincing rather badly. It'll take you weeks of dedicated work to replace those! Falling into the lake would probably be enough ruin them unless it was gotten out very quickly.
>Chen sniffles, but she nods and relaxes a bit; it doesn't look like she might try to run away anymore. "T-thank you, Ran...I'm sorry...I just wanted to win..."
>"We were able to get them back," says Daiyousei, whom you notice is peaking around from a closer tree than before, only a few yards away. "But, um, the ones that fell in don't look so good..."

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #379 on: April 10, 2010, 06:42:57 PM »
> "Thank you very much for getting them back. Even if they are damaged, it's not a major problem. They can be replaced with time. I would have let you borrow one or two of them if you had asked, so next time could you please ask me Chen?"
> Kind, loving smile still needs to be used more :3

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #380 on: April 10, 2010, 06:52:16 PM »
> "Thank you very much for getting them back. Even if they are damaged, it's not a major problem. They can be replaced with time. I would have let you borrow one or two of them if you had asked, so next time could you please ask me Chen?"
> Kind, loving smile still needs to be used more :3

>"I thought'd you'd have said no..." Chen murmurs, looking at the ground studiously. "I was gonna put 'em back..."

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #381 on: April 10, 2010, 07:08:07 PM »
> "Don't worry about it Chen, I'm not mad ok."
> "Now Chen, this is important. Lady Yukari seems to be outside and sleep walking, do you think you could help me find her?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #382 on: April 10, 2010, 07:13:10 PM »
> "Don't worry about it Chen, I'm not mad ok."
> "Now Chen, this is important. Lady Yukari seems to be outside and sleep walking, do you think you could help me find her?"

>"Huh?" says Chen, looking up. "She sleepwalks? That sounds really bad..."

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #383 on: April 10, 2010, 07:15:26 PM »
> "I don't know how bad it really is, but I think it sounds bad to. I'm a bit worried about what she might do like this. Do you think you could help me find her?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #384 on: April 10, 2010, 07:23:50 PM »
> "I don't know how bad it really is, but I think it sounds bad to. I'm a bit worried about what she might do like this. Do you think you could help me find her?"

>Chen nods. "Where do you want me to look for her? And, um, what do you want me to do if I find her?"

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #385 on: April 10, 2010, 07:32:55 PM »
> "I'm not to sure where she would be to be honest. But if you do find her, try to lead her back to the house as best as you can. Talking to her should be fine, just don't be to loud, waking up someone who is sleepwalking is dangerous enough as it is."

> Would it be out of the way, if we were heading to Youkai Mountain, to check the Hakurei Shrine? Reimu and Yukari are on good terms, or at least not enemies, right?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #386 on: April 10, 2010, 07:37:09 PM »
> "I'm not to sure where she would be to be honest. But if you do find her, try to lead her back to the house as best as you can. Talking to her should be fine, just don't be to loud, waking up someone who is sleepwalking is dangerous enough as it is."

> Would it be out of the way, if we were heading to Youkai Mountain, to check the Hakurei Shrine? Reimu and Yukari are on good terms, or at least not enemies, right?

>"Okay, I'll do my best. I'll look around the forest and stuff, so you don't have to bother with it."
>It would be fairly out of the way.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #387 on: April 10, 2010, 08:00:12 PM »
> "If you have the chance Chen, could you see if she's at the Hakurei Shrine? Reimu and Lady Yukari don't seem to fight with each other, so she might be their."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #388 on: April 10, 2010, 08:12:38 PM »
> "If you have the chance Chen, could you see if she's at the Hakurei Shrine? Reimu and Lady Yukari don't seem to fight with each other, so she might be their."

>"I'll go check right now!" Chen says. She starts to run off, then stops. "Oh, I should probably give you these..." She hands you a mass of soggy spellcards. "The good news is that not all of 'em fell one, and I think one is still good!"
>You obtain: 5 Ruined Spellcards
>You obtain: Shikigami's Radiance: Charming Siege from All Sides
>You obtain: Shikigami's Shot: Unilateral Contact
>You obtain: Illusion God: Descent of Izuna Gongen (Water damaged)
>Chen runs off to the north.

>_

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #389 on: April 10, 2010, 09:31:11 PM »
>"Thank you, Chen!"
>glance around for her cohorts
There was something here once. Wonder what...