Author Topic: Ran Quest: A Z-Machine Sidestory  (Read 83833 times)

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Re: Ran Quest: A Z-Machine Sidestory
« Reply #270 on: April 07, 2010, 04:15:48 AM »
>"I had an ill-planned encounter with some rising humidity."
>"And I'm afraid I don't have many spellcards at the moment, if that was what you meant. Or is this a new card game I'm not familiar with?"
>did Chen ever mention a card game recently or anything?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #271 on: April 07, 2010, 04:20:08 AM »
>"I had an ill-planned encounter with some rising humidity."
>"And I'm afraid I don't have many spellcards at the moment, if that was what you meant. Or is this a new card game I'm not familiar with?"
>did Chen ever mention a card game recently or anything?

>"Weird. Because, it's just, your clothes aren't-"
>"It's a new game, but it uses spellcards!" Lyrica cuts in, "It's awesome, Card Battles is sweeping the world!"
>Chen's not said anything.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #272 on: April 07, 2010, 04:32:02 AM »
> Contemplate if it might be worth agreeing to play a game once you're dry just to get them to stop bothering you
> "How much time would a single game take?"
> Use the answer to this question to help determine your decision

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #273 on: April 07, 2010, 04:37:29 AM »
> Contemplate if it might be worth agreeing to play a game once you're dry just to get them to stop bothering you
> "How much time would a single game take?"
> Use the answer to this question to help determine your decision

>It would be easier to get rid of them afterwards.
>"Little bit. We have to look up what your cards can do." says Merlin, gesticulating with the book. "But after that, it's a straight to the end!"

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #274 on: April 07, 2010, 04:40:04 AM »
> "Hm... Alright. I'll play a single game with you after I dry off, if it will take no more than five minutes. Is that alright with you?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #275 on: April 07, 2010, 04:44:25 AM »
> "Hm... Alright. I'll play a single game with you after I dry off, if it will take no more than five minutes. Is that alright with you?"

>"I just want to know why-" Lunasa starts.
>"Okay!" Merlin says, "We'll do a round of Quicksies!"

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #276 on: April 07, 2010, 04:54:56 AM »
> "Alright. Hold on just a moment."
> Quickly head home to dry off.
> Return and submit to playing the game rather than trying to escape so that they won't be even worse about bugging you later

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #277 on: April 07, 2010, 04:57:36 AM »
> "Alright. Hold on just a moment."
> Quickly head home to dry off.
> Return and submit to playing the game rather than trying to escape so that they won't be even worse about bugging you later

>You return home. The Prismrivers seem intent on following you. They land outside the house. "Give us onna your cards," says Lyrica, "We'll look it up while you're getting cleaned up."

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #278 on: April 07, 2010, 05:01:31 AM »
> Randomly pick one of the cards we have remaining and hand it over
> Go dry off

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #279 on: April 07, 2010, 05:15:07 AM »
> Randomly pick one of the cards we have remaining and hand it over
> Go dry off

>You give them Shikigami: Wizard Fox Thoughts.
>The Prismrivers take the card, ohing and ahing over it. Then Lunasa begins to read off some features, while Merlin flips through the book and Lyrica reads over her shoulder.
>You head inside and find the house is still empty. You dry off as well as you can, though the circumstances prevent you from properly drynig and grooming your hair and tails are you would like. Getting dressed in fresh clothes, your damp tails leave you looking a bit bedraggled.
>"OOOOOOOOOOOOH!" say all the Prismrivers at once outside.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #280 on: April 07, 2010, 05:33:39 AM »
>No "drying stuff" housekeeper spell? Seriously? Would foxfire work?
>Whatever. See what the Prismrivers are up in arms about.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #281 on: April 07, 2010, 05:40:29 AM »
>No "drying stuff" housekeeper spell? Seriously? Would foxfire work?
>Whatever. See what the Prismrivers are up in arms about.

>Those would still take time.
>You head outside. The Prismrivers are gathered around the book, chattering among themselves. Lyrica looks up at you. "Ran! Ran! You're not gonna believe this! We think you got the Legendary Maid! No one gets the Legendary Maid!"

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #282 on: April 07, 2010, 05:42:30 AM »
>Feel a little proud for semi-randomly getting some incredibly elusive thing in a card game you know absolutely nothing about.
>"Ahh... can you explain a bit more, please?"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #283 on: April 07, 2010, 05:47:30 AM »
>Feel a little proud for semi-randomly getting some incredibly elusive thing in a card game you know absolutely nothing about.
>"Ahh... can you explain a bit more, please?"

>"It has five thousand attack power!" says Lyrica.
>"It's just that attack power doesn't go up to five thousand!" Lunasa says, looking up with wide eyes.
>"We're double checking..." says Merlin.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #284 on: April 07, 2010, 06:08:05 AM »
>"What's this card game originate from, anyway?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #285 on: April 07, 2010, 06:12:26 AM »
>"The book," says Lyrica.
>"Hey, I think I figured it out," says Merlin. "How many vowels does it have again?"
>"Nine," says Lunasa.
>"Aha!" Merlin says, as she flips through a few more pages.

>_

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #286 on: April 07, 2010, 06:18:33 AM »
> Aww, give 'em a hug, they're adorable.
> "If it's a problem, I've got another spellcard here..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #287 on: April 07, 2010, 06:21:55 AM »
> Aww, give 'em a hug, they're adorable.
> "If it's a problem, I've got another spellcard here..."

>You come up behind them and give 'em a hug. They're fairly cold to touch, possibly due to being poltergeists. "H-hey!" says Lunasa. Lyrica returns it.
>"Aw man," says Merlin, "I knew it was too good to be true. We got the letters count wrong. It's the False Legendary Maid."
>Lyrica and Lunasa groan.

>_

« Reply #288 on: April 07, 2010, 07:38:14 AM »
>"'False Legendary Maid'? Is that a bad thing?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #289 on: April 07, 2010, 05:31:01 PM »
>"'False Legendary Maid'? Is that a bad thing?"

>"Kinda," Lyrica says.
>"It's strong," says Lunasa, "It's just, it has the backlash trait. So it hurts itself."
>"And the fuel requirement," Merlin adds, scrunching up her face. "So it's way weaker than it looks."
>Lunasa gives a sort of weak smile. "It's still kinda cool..."
>"No it isn't!" Lyrica says.

>_

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #290 on: April 07, 2010, 07:34:00 PM »
>Show Shikigami's Radiance: Fox-Tanuki Youkai Laser to the Prismrivers and ask them if they think it would a better card than Wizard-Fox Thoughts.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #291 on: April 07, 2010, 07:56:31 PM »
>Show Shikigami's Radiance: Fox-Tanuki Youkai Laser to the Prismrivers and ask them if they think it would a better card than Wizard-Fox Thoughts.

>You show them your other spellcard, curious now,
>Lunasa takes it and begins to read off some traits: The number of vowels and letters in the name, the predominate color of the card, and some of the significant markings on it.
>This one doesn't seem to take as long as the other did. After a minute of flipping between pages and consulting a chart, Merlin says, "It's a basic Green Snake."
>"Not very good at all," says Lyrica.
>"But it ignores all defenses," says Lunasa, trying to sound encourage. "It's just, it only has one hundred attack and life."

>_

mad

« Reply #292 on: April 07, 2010, 08:17:42 PM »
>What are the requirements for the Legendary Maid? ask
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #293 on: April 07, 2010, 09:19:55 PM »
> "How much did that Fake Legendary Maid take up of this "fuel" and how much "life" and "attack" did it have?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #294 on: April 07, 2010, 09:42:40 PM »
>What are the requirements for the Legendary Maid? ask

>"There's a bunch of them!" says Merlin. She flips back a few pages, and shows you. "Here, look."
>The left page is an illustration of said creature, looking like a multi-limbed Vedic deity in a maid uniform towering over the landscape with cleaning and cooking utensils in each hand, doing a dozen tasks at once. To the left is a chart. You note that it has parameters involving the number of letters and vowels in the card name, several involving its color, the day of the week it is, the current weather, and a few about the markings. There seem to be fifteen parameters that need to be fulfilled overall.

> "How much did that Fake Legendary Maid take up of this "fuel" and how much "life" and "attack" did it have?"

>"It's got two thousand five hundred attack and life," says Lunasa. "But because of backlash, it, uh,  takes one thousand damage when it attacks. And you lose four hundred at the start of the turn for fuel. So, she's kind of not made to take hits. Or hang around."

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #295 on: April 07, 2010, 10:00:06 PM »
> "I may be reading this wrong, but 15 different parameters must be met to use this? And with what you said about it, this seems to be the "This must finish it or I lose" sort of card... interesting. If all the needs were met, this would be a powerful card correct? You did say that the maximum was 4000 or something like that, right?"

> Past Yukari, Chen and whoever we fought during the long winter caused by Yuyuko(Perfect Cherry Blossom), who would know how many Spell Cards that Ran should have?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #296 on: April 07, 2010, 10:08:37 PM »
> "I may be reading this wrong, but 15 different parameters must be met to use this? And with what you said about it, this seems to be the "This must finish it or I lose" sort of card... interesting. If all the needs were met, this would be a powerful card correct? You did say that the maximum was 4000 or something like that, right?"

> Past Yukari, Chen and whoever we fought during the long winter caused by Yuyuko(Perfect Cherry Blossom), who would know how many Spell Cards that Ran should have?

>"Yep. It's really hard to get 'em all," says Merlin as she takes the book back. "There's a few if/thens too. But yeah, it'd be one of the best. The second highest attack power is three thousand on the Cosmic Messenger, and she's pretty rare too."
>"Only three cards even have more than five thousand life," Lunasa adds. "But some can defend. Even then..."
>You don't tend to get into many fights or boast much about your spellcards. Many people generally accept you're pretty top tier when it comes to danmaku and leave you alone; you've not actually had to go all out since Yuyuko's incident. So you are pretty sure no one else really knows your full capacities.

>_

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #297 on: April 07, 2010, 10:31:06 PM »
> "So what happens now that we have all these numbers?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #298 on: April 07, 2010, 10:36:17 PM »
> "So what happens now that we have all these numbers?"

>"We kick ass!" says Lyrica, as she pulls out a couple of spellcards. You quickly realize that she's got more cards than you do, and given your circumstances things don't look too good.
>"You can attack, defend, or switch" says Lunasa. "Defend is sometimes good because it cuts damage in half,  and some cards have things that charge up with a couple turns. When you switch, um,  the switched in card can't do anything that turn, unless it's got the Reflexes Trait. Then it can."

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #299 on: April 07, 2010, 10:46:27 PM »
> "So switching makes the card switch between offense and defense, makes sense."

OOC: What is this, the Gensokyo version of Yu-Gi-Oh?