Author Topic: Ran Quest: A Z-Machine Sidestory  (Read 83847 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Ran Quest: A Z-Machine Sidestory
« Reply #240 on: April 06, 2010, 08:39:33 PM »
> "Hijiri... Byakuren Hijiri? The human who helped various youkai? Yes, she is very kind, from what I have heard. She alone can prove that humans and youkai actually can get along."

>Who're you trying to fool? You've never heard the name before.

>_
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 08:42:21 PM by Doctor Purvis MFD »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #241 on: April 07, 2010, 12:28:40 AM »
> Is it truly impossible for a youkai like Ran to have heard of Byakuren? Oh well...
> "What exactly makes this Hijiri person so kind? Trusting and would never leave a friend behind... complimentitive... ect."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #242 on: April 07, 2010, 12:45:09 AM »
> Is it truly impossible for a youkai like Ran to have heard of Byakuren? Oh well...
> "What exactly makes this Hijiri person so kind? Trusting and would never leave a friend behind... complimentitive... ect."

>"Very kind. She's one of the first people to truly look beyond species and realize we are all victims of samsara, and that there is no reason to hate or strife to exist among us. She speaks...very beautifully on the subject. Unfortunately, she was betrayed by those who feared her message."

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #243 on: April 07, 2010, 12:49:10 AM »
> "She sounds like someone I could befriend easily, if she is kind towards youkai. I would love to meet her."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #244 on: April 07, 2010, 01:02:18 AM »
> "She sounds like someone I could befriend easily, if she is kind towards youkai. I would love to meet her."

>Shou nods. "She would love to meet you too, I imagine. If you weren't otherwise occupied, I would suggest you go join Ichirin and Murasa on the ship as soon as you could."

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #245 on: April 07, 2010, 01:06:52 AM »
> "I wouldn't mind doing just that if I had the time."
> "Being able to relax like this is so rare... peace and quiet... no one sending you on errands... no worries... just, relaxation... Ahhh :)"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #246 on: April 07, 2010, 01:30:16 AM »
> "I wouldn't mind doing just that if I had the time."
> "Being able to relax like this is so rare... peace and quiet... no one sending you on errands... no worries... just, relaxation... Ahhh :)"

>"Quite," says Shou. "But I really should be on my way. It's not fair to make Nazrin do everything."
>She emerges from the pool, and starts to dry herself off.

>_

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #247 on: April 07, 2010, 01:43:58 AM »
>Bid her farewell, relax for a few minutes (it ain't easy being a Shikigami!).
>After she's left, get out of the pool and dry ourselves off, change back into clothing.
>Make sure tails are meticulously groomed and up to proper measure.
>Focus! We came here for Yukari. Are there signs of her anywhere? Any gaping gapping gaps at all?

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #248 on: April 07, 2010, 01:47:17 AM »
> "Ah ok then. Good luck to you Shou, if Hijiri truly is as kind as you say, she is deserving of aid."
> Start getting ready to continue our search. Getting out of the Hot Spring/Geyser, creating mass amounts of NSFW picturesdry off, put clothes back on, ect...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #249 on: April 07, 2010, 01:50:08 AM »
>Bid her farewell, relax for a few minutes (it ain't easy being a Shikigami!).
>After she's left, get out of the pool and dry ourselves off, change back into clothing.
>Make sure tails are meticulously groomed and up to proper measure.
>Focus! We came here for Yukari. Are there signs of her anywhere? Any gaping gapping gaps at all?

> "Ah ok then. Good luck to you Shou, if Hijiri truly is as kind as you say, she is deserving of aid."
> Start getting ready to continue our search. Getting out of the Hot Spring/Geyser, creating mass amounts of NSFW picturesdry off, put clothes back on, ect...

>You bid Shou farewell. "I hope to see you again!" she as she hurries away after dressing.
>You enjoy the pool for a few minutes, then decide that's enough.
>You have nothing to dry yourself with, nor have you anything to groom your tails.
>You don't seen signs of Yukari. Unfortunately, short of leaving some footprints or strands of hair behind, there's not much to find. But Shou didn't mention seeing her, and she seemed to somewhat recognize Yukari.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #250 on: April 07, 2010, 01:53:43 AM »
> Consider the odds of being seen if we were to "Supah Tenko" our way back to the Yakumo household.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #251 on: April 07, 2010, 02:02:25 AM »
> Consider the odds of being seen if we were to "Supah Tenko" our way back to the Yakumo household.

>The Forest of Magic has faeries, and you'd have to pass by Marisa's house. Then if you followed the road who knows whom you might pass?
>Then again, Yukari does this all the time in good weather. But she's also not dripping wet.

>_

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #252 on: April 07, 2010, 02:12:49 AM »
>Scold ourselves for lack of foresight. If anyone sees us, it'll be so... unseemly.
>Look around. Anything around that can function as a drying implement?
>If no, how long will it take to just dry off by sunbathing? Might as well do that and get our clothes back on.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #253 on: April 07, 2010, 02:23:25 AM »
>Scold ourselves for lack of foresight. If anyone sees us, it'll be so... unseemly.
>Look around. Anything around that can function as a drying implement?
>If no, how long will it take to just dry off by sunbathing? Might as well do that and get our clothes back on.

>It wouldn't do for it to get around that you leaped before you looked...
>You don't see anything, expect for your clothes.
>Probably a while, it is a bit humid here. And your tails? Hours.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #254 on: April 07, 2010, 02:25:52 AM »
> Could we just take that shortest plausable path back? A straight line/ epic Ran-style ninja-run-along-tree-branches sort of path, flying where needed.

« Reply #255 on: April 07, 2010, 02:28:44 AM »
> Before that, though, consider the possibility of spinning our tails around like a propeller to get the water out of them, then use them to dry off and do it again.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #256 on: April 07, 2010, 02:33:07 AM »
> Could we just take that shortest plausable path back? A straight line/ epic Ran-style ninja-run-along-tree-branches sort of path, flying where needed.

>A straight go would still take you through some inhabited places.

> Before that, though, consider the possibility of spinning our tails around like a propeller to get the water out of them, then use them to dry off and do it again.

>That would be terribly uncomfortable. And your tails can't reach everything.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #257 on: April 07, 2010, 02:37:49 AM »
> Put clothes on despite wetness
> Fly back home, staying as high as you can until you're there in an attempt at avoiding being recognized

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #258 on: April 07, 2010, 02:39:55 AM »
> Watch out for Tengu. If someone approaches, try to look really angry, we can always play off getting thrown into a hot spring... wait, no... if we are going to try that, we will need our clothing wet as well, as in the clothes ended up in the water.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #259 on: April 07, 2010, 02:47:20 AM »
> Put clothes on despite wetness
> Fly back home, staying as high as you can until you're there in an attempt at avoiding being recognized

>You decide that extra laundry is a better fake in the end. You get dressed as well as you can, a fairly unpleasant experience with things sticking while you try to put them on.
>You then take to the air, keeping as high as you again, and fly directly home.
>En route, you see three people in white, red, and black approaching you.

> Watch out for Tengu. If someone approaches, try to look really angry, we can always play off getting thrown into a hot spring... wait, no... if we are going to try that, we will need our clothing wet as well, as in the clothes ended up in the water.

>You put on your best irritable face, but you don't know it if would dissuade them.

>_

« Reply #260 on: April 07, 2010, 02:48:56 AM »
> If one of those people is Aya, fly faster.
> If not, slow down. We may be able to ask about Yukari.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #261 on: April 07, 2010, 02:57:11 AM »
> If one of those people is Aya, fly faster.
> If not, slow down. We may be able to ask about Yukari.

>You determine that it's the Prismriver sisters!
>You don't know where Aya is, but you imagine she'd be around the ship somewhere.
>You slow down, and let them approach.
>"Hey! Hey!" says Merlin, waving a thick book. "Let's do card battles!"

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #262 on: April 07, 2010, 03:13:01 AM »
>"I'm afraid that I do not have time right now. My master is sleepwalking, and I need to find her."

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #263 on: April 07, 2010, 03:15:19 AM »
> "I'd love to play card games with you, but I am rather busy... maybe some other time?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #264 on: April 07, 2010, 03:30:12 AM »
>"I'm afraid that I do not have time right now. My master is sleepwalking, and I need to find her."

> "I'd love to play card games with you, but I am rather busy... maybe some other time?"

>"Don't be such a square!" says Lyrica, "It's awesome!"
>"Chen said you were cool," Lunasa adds.
>"Not gonna find sleepwalkers up here, anyways," adds Merlin.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #265 on: April 07, 2010, 03:37:48 AM »
> "I was just heading home for a moment before I resumed my search... I really am sorry, I truly would enjoy playing some card games with you. However, I must find my master as soon as possible, as I am uncertain of her ability to avoid trouble in this state."

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #266 on: April 07, 2010, 03:41:56 AM »
Everyone keeps posting just before I post something good. :colonveeplusalpha:

> "If you want me to play, at very least let me dry off and sort myself out."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #267 on: April 07, 2010, 03:46:24 AM »
> "I was just heading home for a moment before I resumed my search... I really am sorry, I truly would enjoy playing some card games with you. However, I must find my master as soon as possible, as I am uncertain of her ability to avoid trouble in this state."

>"Laaaaaame!" They all say at once. harmonizing rather well.

> "If you want me to play, at very least let me dry off and sort myself out."

>"Why aren't you already dry?" asks Lunasa, frowning.

>_

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #268 on: April 07, 2010, 04:04:39 AM »
>"Rising air currents bringing some water and humidity with them. You know how it is."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #269 on: April 07, 2010, 04:07:06 AM »
>"Rising air currents bringing some water and humidity with them. You know how it is."

>"Oh," says Lunasa, as the Prismrivers start to follow you. "It's just, um, you're really wet. Like. A lot."

>_