Author Topic: Reisen Quest Another: A Z Machine Adventure  (Read 79477 times)

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: Reisen Quest Another: A Z Machine Adventure
« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2010, 10:38:04 PM »
> "Heh."
> Start stealth mission by stealing our way into the forest.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2010, 10:51:24 PM »
> "Heh."
> Start stealth mission by stealing our way into the forest.

>You allow yourself a Heh, and head outside.
>It's easy, if mildly chilly, to get over the wall and into the forest.
>You are in what would normally be a thickly wooded part of the Forest of Magic, but winter has done much to thin out the foliage and leave a number of leafless bushes. A thin path leads further north, while the wall of Scarlet Devil Mansion lies south. Looking west, you can see the wolf, waiting dutifully edge of the wall. He seems unaware of your presence. Obvious exits are north.

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2010, 10:57:25 PM »
> We may want to leave the poor canine out of this, so head for the mountain.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2010, 11:03:17 PM »
> We may want to leave the poor canine out of this, so head for the mountain.

>You decide you don't want to traumatize the poor thing any worse than you already have. You head north.
>The path remains are you head deeper into the forest. You can Alice's Home in the distance, though the foliage.
>Up head, you can see a number of faeries gathered around an old tree that fell over the path and caught onto some other trees. Many thick bushes and young trees line the road here. Obvious exits are North and South.

>_
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 11:22:07 PM by Doctor Purvis MFD »

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2010, 11:19:21 PM »
Though the foliage, you see yourself pass by Alice's home in the distance.

>wait, what?
>if that was a parser error, try to press on toward the mountain: no time to waste!
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2010, 11:23:11 PM »
>wait, what?
>if that was a parser error, try to press on toward the mountain: no time to waste!

>The responsible writer for that segment was experimenting in omniscient second person. He has been sacked.
>You continue northward.
>"Hey!" says a dark-haired faerie as you come close to the fallen tree, "This is our base! What're you up to, then!?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2010, 11:25:21 PM »
> We still have our Fairy Ribbon, right? Display it prominently.
> "I'm off to save the world, like any good moon rabbit would do in a time of crisis. There's a base six pair of pants that needs inventing, and the very gods themselves wait with baited breath."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2010, 11:33:09 PM »
> We still have our Fairy Ribbon, right? Display it prominently.
> "I'm off to save the world, like any good moon rabbit would do in a time of crisis. There's a base six pair of pants that needs inventing, and the very gods themselves wait with baited breath."

>"Why would the very gods eat bait?" asks a blonde faerie with pigtails. "Wouldn't that be more in tune with the fish gods?"
>"Pants are an abomination." adds the black-haired faerie, giving you a suspicious look from her perch on the dead tree. "Your mother would be ashamed of you!"
>"What's the magic word?" asks third faerie, another blonde with thick ringlets in her hair, as she drops down on the path. You think you might have seen this one before, some time ago.

>_

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2010, 01:27:58 AM »
> Sigh.
> "Listen, I'm heading for Youkai Mountain to meet with the two Goddess's there and every second counts right now. If I don't hurry, many people could die! I'll talk with you later if you want, but I really need to be going."
> Continue heading to Youkai Mountain, and ignoring what the fairies say, if they try to stop us, we force our way through and say sorry while doing so.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2010, 02:28:50 AM »
> Sigh.
> "Listen, I'm heading for Youkai Mountain to meet with the two Goddess's there and every second counts right now. If I don't hurry, many people could die! I'll talk with you later if you want, but I really need to be going."
> Continue heading to Youkai Mountain, and ignoring what the fairies say, if they try to stop us, we force our way through and say sorry while doing so.

> Stop ourselves before we do this.

Dude, that's not how fairies operate here. I'm assuming you didn't see our first encounter with them, and I'm willing to cut you some slack for that. Fairies dabble in utter nonsense and don't really like being pushed around.

> Try to recall our previous conversation with a cloud of fairies - was there anything about a magic word?

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2010, 04:01:45 AM »
No magic words that I can remember, but we did define the cube root of wisdom as "Schr?dinger".

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2010, 05:46:41 AM »
> Sigh.

> Stop ourselves before we do this.
> Try to recall our previous conversation with a cloud of fairies - was there anything about a magic word?

>It's hard not to be impatient in a situation like this. You consider being rational for a moment, then stop. You understand faeries well enough to know that this sort of thing wouldn't be the fastest approach, they simply don't approach the world that way.
>The faerie blocking you is about the size of an eight year old. So really, she is only slightly more effective at barring your path than you would be at barring Byakuren's path; given you'd have to duck under the fallen tree.
>You don't recall any specific magic words from that encounter that seems to apply here; although the faeries were throwing around a lot of odd phrases that might work. You suspect this faerie isn't looking for a specific password or anything like that.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2010, 05:55:49 AM »
> Are there any fairies other than the three that have spoken?
> "Oh, you wanted the magic word? Why didn't you say so in the first place? 'Milk'."
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 06:08:43 AM by Kilgamayan »

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2010, 06:08:20 AM »
> Wait, no, shit, I take that back. Do not say that last line.
>"Oh, you wanted the magic word? Why didn't you say so in the first place? 'BMMPXF'."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2010, 06:12:28 AM »
> Are there any fairies other than the three that have spoken?
> "Oh, you wanted the magic word? Why didn't you say so in the first place? 'Milk'."

>There's a few, mostly hovering about and watching.

> Wait, no, shit, I take that back. Do not say that last line.
>"Oh, you wanted the magic word? Why didn't you say so in the first place? 'BMMPXF'."

>That is not very easy on your tongue.
>The faeries look around expectantly. "I don't think it worked..." says the faerie in your path.
>"No magic," agrees the black-haired faerie. "I don't see anything."
>"Did you say it wrong?" asks a red-haired faerie overhead.

>_

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2010, 06:19:38 AM »
> "That IS strange. Let me try again..."
> Prepare the blue gem for illumination.
> Say 'BMMPXF!' and illuminate the blue gem at the same time.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2010, 06:24:30 AM »
> "That IS strange. Let me try again..."
> Prepare the blue gem for illumination.
> Say 'BMMPXF!' and illuminate the blue gem at the same time.

>You say it one more time, and command the blue gem to light.
>"How convenient!" cries the faerie with blonde pigtails. Others join in with appreciative phrases and applause in one case.
>"I guess it's all about the accent," says the faerie blocking your path, as she steps aside.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2010, 06:31:36 AM »
> "Yeah, you need to say the word just right to make it sunny. If it was too easy, you'd do it all the time, and the milk would spoil."
> Proceed on toward/up the mountain.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2010, 06:41:40 AM »
> "Yeah, you need to say the word just right to make it sunny. If it was too easy, you'd do it all the time, and the milk would spoil."
> Proceed on toward/up the mountain.

>"She remembered!" cries the pigtailed faerie, "Cheese it!"
>The faeries quickly scatter.
>It's nice to see those three are doing well. You'd be a little embarrassed that you didn't remember them more quickly, but faeries do have a way of blending together. You suspect they do it on purpose.
>You continue northward, pushing your way through the increasingly dense bushes. Soon you come to an open clearing, with debris and strands of gossamer all over the ground. It doesn't seem there has been much activity since your last visit here. Obvious exits are North, West, East, and South.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2010, 03:08:45 PM »
> Keep pushing our way toward/up the mountain.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2010, 03:29:08 PM »
> Keep pushing our way toward/up the mountain.

>You continue northward.
>The clearing contracts back into think forest, and be grows difficult to pick your way through again. You see find another path thin worn into the ground, and follow it through the worst of the brush. A flurry of motion catches you attention, as a startled deer bounds away from you and deeper into the eastern parts of the forest.
>The brush begins to lighten up, as you come to a place littered with dozens of knee-high snowmen. Another trail intersects with this one you're following, leading further east into the forest. To the north, you think you can make out Mystia's home through the leafless trees. Obvious exits are North, South, and East.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #141 on: March 23, 2010, 03:41:35 PM »
> Head to Mystia's place
> If we're not immediately greeted, knock on the door

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #142 on: March 23, 2010, 03:50:22 PM »
> Head to Mystia's place
> If we're not immediately greeted, knock on the door

>You pick your way through the field of snowmen and head north.
>You reach a familiar light clearing, where Mystia's stand lies. Mystia does not seem to be tending to it; you recall her mentioning that she was closed today, but made an exception for Letty. Her house lays nearby, a tall and narrow thing made of rather decent quality daub and wattle. A thin plume of smoke curls from its chimney. Obvious exists are West, East, and South.
>You knock on Mystia's door. It opens a moment later, and Mystia peers out. "Oh! Eirin got you my message? I was wondering if you were going to show up today."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #143 on: March 23, 2010, 04:18:35 PM »
> "She did. Unfortunately, I don't have the time right now. A crisis has come up. I'd still like to come by later, if you're available, but I wanted to let you know about this incident coming up."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #144 on: March 23, 2010, 04:26:46 PM »
> "She did. Unfortunately, I don't have the time right now. A crisis has come up. I'd still like to come by later, if you're available, but I wanted to let you know about this incident coming up."

>"Sure, I'll be here all day." says Mystia, "Though I go to bed around ten, so don't wait too long. Now, what's this about incident? Is this about that rabbit you were asking Letty about?"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #145 on: March 23, 2010, 05:26:53 PM »
> Let's spam this info to whatever notable beings we run across. Yorihime can't suppress everyone, right?
> "Yeah. Turns out she was a spy for a former master of mine, who's been hiding here in Gensokyo and waiting for a chance to imprison Patchouli for something she didn't mean to do and fixed anyway. Master Eirin said it's a political move. I said it's a load. My former master wanted me captured, since I know too much or whatever, but I managed to get away and tell Reimu, Byakuren and a bunch of others. Given the number of people that know about her now I can't imagine jailing for information suppression is still possible. At this point I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll have to fight her. She calls upon the powers of gods in battle, so I'm on my way up the mountain to the Moriya Shrine to see if I can convince Kanako and Suwako to talk to the other gods and keep them occupied elsewhere while I fight her."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #146 on: March 23, 2010, 05:34:37 PM »
>While a good idea in theory, it might take some time given you're preparing to go through a fairly populated mountain.
>Mystia blinks, a moment after you finish. "Oh, okay," she says after a moment.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #147 on: March 23, 2010, 06:57:25 PM »
> "Yeah. At this point, you have a few choices. I don't think Yorihime, my former master, is going to wander out over here and make herself known to anyone she comes across, so you can sit here and you'll probably be safe. On the off-chance she does show up at your door, if you pretend you don't know anything you should be okay. Make sure not to mention expecting me for singing lessons, she might camp out here in wait. Or you can come with me. You're more likely to run into her, but I'm sure that the next time I meet her, I'm going to end up fighting her, so at least you won't be alone like you might be here. It's entirely up to you."
> "Also, since I plan on getting out of this alive, I'll tell you that the Eientei rabbits are holding a play later tonight. You're welcome to attend if you don't have additional plans. We could easily work a singing lesson around it, I'm sure."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #148 on: March 23, 2010, 07:14:55 PM »
> "Yeah. At this point, you have a few choices. I don't think Yorihime, my former master, is going to wander out over here and make herself known to anyone she comes across, so you can sit here and you'll probably be safe. On the off-chance she does show up at your door, if you pretend you don't know anything you should be okay. Make sure not to mention expecting me for singing lessons, she might camp out here in wait. Or you can come with me. You're more likely to run into her, but I'm sure that the next time I meet her, I'm going to end up fighting her, so at least you won't be alone like you might be here. It's entirely up to you."
> "Also, since I plan on getting out of this alive, I'll tell you that the Eientei rabbits are holding a play later tonight. You're welcome to attend if you don't have additional plans. We could easily work a singing lesson around it, I'm sure."

>Mystia takes a moment to process all this, frowning. . "I think I'll stay here and sweep out the pantry, if it's all the same."
>You invite Mystia to the upcoming play. "Oh, that does sound nice! I'll be certain to be there!"

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #149 on: March 23, 2010, 10:41:50 PM »
> "Ok then Mystia, I should probly be hurring off to continue dealing with this, I mainly wanted to give you a heads up warning."
> If we haven't described Yorihime or w/e to Mystia then we should tell her to be wary of anyone she doesn't know, for now.