Author Topic: Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu Mafia: DAY FIVE!  (Read 57350 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu Mafia: DAY THREE! NEW RULE!
« Reply #390 on: March 29, 2010, 08:26:37 PM »
rofl

Oh, Sodium.  Fakeclaiming again?

I wonder if we can have them vig each other.

« Reply #391 on: March 29, 2010, 08:29:24 PM »
Ahahahahaha

Kind of curious why Sodium fakeclaimed vig, though. Unless there's a town dayvig and a scum dayvig/serial killer at the same time or something.

« Reply #392 on: March 29, 2010, 08:30:13 PM »
Also, unrelated but somewhat amusing: I like how only 3 out of 8 players haven't roleclaimed so far.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #393 on: March 29, 2010, 08:33:10 PM »
Back from school. Majority agrees, etc.

##Erase Sakana

Kefit: Cool Story.

No, I'm not fakeclaiming. -_-

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #394 on: March 29, 2010, 08:36:11 PM »
Huh.  *twiddles thumbs*

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #395 on: March 29, 2010, 08:37:21 PM »
"They say it's better to regret doing it than to regret not doing it, right?
It's okay for me to force a sudden change based on my onsite observations, right?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You see, Sakana, I really want you to die."

Sakana, Student Council President, Townie One Shot Governor, has been Erased D3

Spoiler:
VOTE COUNT RESET
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 08:41:31 PM by UncertainKitten »

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #396 on: March 29, 2010, 08:37:57 PM »
Are we all supposed to roleclaim?

Anyway: Sakana is still the shadiest.
His claimed role is in no way clearly town or clearly scum and he did a pretty not good job at explaining it [thanks for making it clear Sodium]
The fact that he's getting all defensive and kind of tunneling on Rou to an extent now in terms of just arguing back and forth make things even more irritating.
I'm totally down with the vig, if one of you is vig or something... we'll see.

#Evict Sakana

I clearly don't now how to search TV Tropes because nothing I'm trying is bringing up anything relevant... Maybe later~

Probably gonna reread and sort stuff out when I'm not trying to get other stuff done.

Ninja'd: Oh.
Well.
Okay then.
[heavy sigh]

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #397 on: March 29, 2010, 08:38:18 PM »
Spoiler:
The Fifteenth "COOL EDITION" Vote Count

"You see...I really want you to die"

Mod Note: Vote Count Reset

1. Jam(0)
3. Kefit (0)
6. MSB (0)
7. Edible (0)
9. huh what (0)
11. Roukanken (0)
12. Zakeri (0)

Not Voting (7): Jam, Kefit, MSB,  Roukanken, Zakeri, Edible, huh what,

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch
Deadline is in ~50 hours at 6 PM EST, Wednesday, March 31st

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #398 on: March 29, 2010, 08:39:27 PM »
Ah... I can see... the light....

Good luck with the rest, guys ^^

« Reply #399 on: March 29, 2010, 08:39:39 PM »
Oh my.

Kind of curious about Kefit and Sodium here. We could have Kefit stab Sodium and if Sodium flips town lynch Kefit, but in the odd chance they're both town that would really put us at a huge disadvantage, so maybe not.

Still really suspecting of Jam though. Also, Jam, did you completely skip over my post? I'd like a defense in response to that whole Zakeri thing.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #400 on: March 29, 2010, 08:42:46 PM »
I'm honestly kind of beyond caring at the moment.
I'm kind of annoyed by my inability to play this game.

I also kind of wanted to get my thoughts on Sakana in before the vig.
But alas a I was too late because... I couldn't figure out how to find something relevant on TV Tropes. D: /whining

I'll take a better look in your post, but class is soon so expect something in a bit over an hour.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #401 on: March 29, 2010, 08:47:32 PM »
*obligatory headdesk*

Sodium has confirmed he has a kill now. With Kefit claiming the same it's probably gonna fall on him to follow suit. Meanwhile, I don't recall Jam doing anything to improve on the cases made against her yesterday, and since pretty much every other big case is resolved one way or the other by now she's pretty much my main suspect for the day barring a REALLY big roleclaim.

##Evict: Jam

Want to hear details about their hit powers in more detail. If they're identical one of them is almost definitely scum, in which case Kefit should probably shoot Sodium (and lynch Kefit if Sodium flips Town). If Kefit's got something else along with the vig powers then Town/Town is more likely and a shot could end up taking us into Mylo (7 players still alive atm, most likely 2 scum left unless there's a third party). This also doesn't rule out the possibility one is a day-shooting SK, but that's going too far into role speculation.

« Reply #402 on: March 29, 2010, 08:54:03 PM »
Hi I just said that :V In less detail, though.

What's mylo? Mynch or lose?

Evictcount:
Jam (2): huh what, Roukanken
Sakana (0): Roukanken, huh what
huh what (0): Sakana

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #403 on: March 29, 2010, 09:18:19 PM »
What's mylo? Mynch or lose?
Mislynch and Lose. Town loses if they lynch a Townie, but they can last a day regardless by No-Lynching. NLing in Lylo is frowned on by some players, and it can lead to scenarios where scum respond by not killing, leading to the dreaded Happily Ever After scenario where no-one lynches or kills. Or, as Rule 15 puts it, everyone loses in that instance >_>

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #404 on: March 29, 2010, 09:37:45 PM »
EBWOP: I meant NLing in Mylo, NLing in Lylo is really stupid >_>

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #405 on: March 29, 2010, 09:46:00 PM »
Got out of class early.
I'll go read things and attempt to be competent now.

We really need to try and find scum guys, cuz... it's not looking so good.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #406 on: March 29, 2010, 10:00:47 PM »
-_-. Was hoping Sakana was scum. Ugh, oh well.

##Evict Jam Nothing said has given me reasons not to vote her, etc. HW would be my second choice purely by moving along my list of "who I think is most likely to be scum out of everyone alive".

Doubt Kefit is lying, because that'd be suicidal.

Oh, and I'm one shot btw.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #407 on: March 29, 2010, 10:39:43 PM »
It really feels like Jam hasn't been doing anything at all throughout the game. A lot of her D1 posts were jumping on bandwagons (#70) or doing nothing at all (#125, #165) until #173, where after evicting Edible and saying very little about anything else that was going on, she unevicts (over an incredibly iffy roleclaim that Edible had not yet proved at the time, no less), leaving her with no evict or kingvote at the end of the day, and as a result she leaves no opinion on who she actually wants lynched or kinged and essentially hasn't really done anything by the ending of the day.
Well I really can't say anything to you other than I don't really know how to make my own cases yet about the first point. I'm really trying to get better at this, and it's just not working out.
Sorry, but there's nothing else to really say about this point.

I already kind of went over why I unevicted Edible. You're right in saying that it was kind of silly as the votes don't count. But, if I'd left it on him people would have perhaps used that against me later to in some attempt at reasoning. Either way, I'm sure something would have been assumed from it.

As far as King goes, I'm pretty sure I stated before that if I'd voted Kilga as I had originally intended he would be close to being King. Seeing as our evict votes were not at any sort of majority, I thought it would be a good idea to just let that be without picking a King.

#303:This arguably looks more suspicious than Zak's actual post saying Jam is trying to link herself to him as a potential scumbuddy. Saying that Zakeri is doing something in case she turns out scum makes no sense. Think about it:
Case 1 - Zak is scum, Jam is town
Zak KNOWS Jam is town, so he would not bother trying to set up something that requires Jam to flip scum, because that would be stupid since he knows she won't.
Case 2 - Zak is town, Jam is scum
In this case, Jam would know Zak is town, which... she actually seems to know based on that post. Note that even though she believes Zakeri is scum based on her evict, her post acts as if she thinks he is town hence the "if I turn up scum" (if Zakeri was scum, this wouldn't be valid, since as I previously mentioned, he would know that she is town). But wait, there's a contradiction! She thinks Zakeri wants to do this to get off the hook, which means Zakeri would have to be scum or really really selfish town (seems unlikely). The most likely scenario seems to be that Jam is scum trying to paint Zakeri as scum but acts as if he's town at the same time to make herself look like she doesn't know his alignment.
Case 3 - Both are scum
Implies Jam really, really wants to bus Zakeri and not let him get off the hook if she dies and flips scum. Why? If a scumbuddy has a chance to get off the hook, why would you want to stop them? Seems pointless.
Case 4 - Both are town
Second most likely, but considering everything Jam has done up until now I'm pretty sure it isn't, and her #361 is just stating the obvious. So yeah.

##Unvote
##Vote Jam
I'm sorry that I'm nowhere near good enough to take so many things into account.

I still have no freaking clue how you think I know Zak is town.
Because I don't know anyone's alignment, and I never alluded to it.

Actually, I don't even get half of this.
I should stop trying to play this game...

I'm sorry I don't think about every possible thing that could be inferred from what I do.
I really was just trying to come up with something on my own for once.

Spoiler:
I assume that that vote is a case of tag fail, not a self vote. Therefore, it won't count. Also, fix'd
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 10:47:18 PM by UncertainKitten »

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #408 on: March 29, 2010, 10:43:19 PM »
Jam: Is that vote you posted part of your quote, or did you just vote yourself? :|

And in all, defending on the basis of 'I'm not good enough to produce' doesn't work. I didn't let Sakana away with it, and Jam doesn't get a free ride on it either.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #409 on: March 29, 2010, 10:47:51 PM »
Oh it's part of the quote.
You can see the messed up code.
[I swear if that counts as a vote...]

I get what you're saying Rou, but there really isn't anything else I can say [which was the same in Sakana's case].

We should just move on and look at other people with the time that we've got left.
If you guys still think I'm the best choice by the near end of the day, well then there really won't be a damn thing I can do about it, will there?

That being said, we should probably keep it to evicts for the time being so that people have chance for claims/defense and whatnot.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #410 on: March 29, 2010, 10:48:07 PM »
Oh good.
Thanks UK.

sorry... >>;

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #411 on: March 29, 2010, 10:50:19 PM »
I get what you're saying Rou, but there really isn't anything else I can say [which was the same in Sakana's case].
We should just move on and look at other people with the time that we've got left.
'Let's talk about people who aren't me because I'm not going to say anything useful!'

Want clarification of Kefit's vig power. If it's not a simple one-shot, we might have to consider who to have Kefit shoot a little more seriously.

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #412 on: March 30, 2010, 01:14:52 AM »
Details of my role:

1) I may only use my vigilante power during the night.

2) All you cops out there don't have to waste time or resources on investigating me. I'm a town Sneering Bastard, which means that I show up as scum to any investigation. Yeah, this looks bad for me, but keep in mind that if I were scum I would prefer to fake claim this AFTER the cop wasted a power use on me.

Detective Time

Sakana's claimed power has been perceived as a very powerful ability. It poses a substantial threat to the side opposite of the one with the power. Seeing this, Sodium offers to kill Sakana immediately after the role claim. I respond by claiming vig, and Sodium nonetheless goes through with the kill in short order. Sakana flips town.

Here's what the story looks like if Sodium is scum:

Sodium sees Sakana claim Governor and knows that he poses a serious threat to the scum. Sakana's been looking fishy all game, and his roleclaim was less than clear, so Sodium seizes this chance to get rid of him. Things probably would have gone smoothly for Sodium even after Sakana flipped town. After all, vigilantes are known for making mistakes.

Except I roleclaimed before Sodium was able to use his vig. Sodium knew he was in deep shit at this point. You see, If I was scum, then I had absolutely no reason to try and interfere with the free kill of a threatening townie. It would have been in my best interests to keep lurking, as no one had their eyes on me at that point. Thus, Sodium reasoned that I would appear very townie after Sakana flipped town. Two town vigilantes in a 12 person game, even a role madness game, seems like a fairly remote possibility to me, if for no other reason than it creates the potential to accelerate the game far too quickly. If I look like town after Sakana's flip, then Sodium naturally looks like scum.

Sodium decides to make the best of a bad situation, and remove the threat to scum before I get a chance to get back from class and use MY vig to kill the scummy vigilante bastard. I suppose it's fortunate that I didn't specify that my vig is a night vig ;D

So Sodium goes through with the kill, and here we are now with Sodium still trying to pass himself off as town. And succeeding, as it seems the train is now on Jam. While Jam hasn't been a paragon of townie, her general inactivity, lack of enthusiasm, and rolling over for death at this point remind me far too much of when she did the exact same things in Himelander as town. The case against Sodium here seems much stronger, much more concrete.

Of course, my theory against Sodium can be attacked from a couple of angles.

Possible Attack #1: Kef-kef, what if Sodium is town? Isn't your theory for Sodium's scumminess circular, since it depends on the assumption that Sodium is scum in the first place?

Indeed, that cute story above was written with the assumption that Sodium is scum to begin with. It certainly does make everything fit nicely together, but it doesn't prove anything. However, the Sodium as town story doesn't work out nearly as nicely. Sodium being town means that there are two town vigilantes in a 12 person game. Or it means that Sodium is town and I'm scum, and as scum I tried to interfere with the killing of a threatening townie. Sodium being town means that he rushed to use his vig kill as quickly as possible despite town's best interest of weighing in on the situation and discussing the new circumstances I had brought to the table. Sodium being town just doesn't add up.

Possible Attack #2: But Kef-kef, what if both you and Sodium are scum and this is a masterful Xanatos Gambit carried out with the intent of making you look like a confirmed town?

One scum is already dead. Sacrificing another scum for anything seems like a bad trade for me, as there are probably only three scum to begin with in a twelve player game.

Besides kids, Xanatos Gambits don't happen in real life. Brilliance in these sorts of games comes from making the right choice at every critical juncture, rather than from relying on some convoluted plan susceptible to crumbling in the face of the unexpected.

##Vote: Sodium.

Yes, that's a vote. You guys would have to move heaven and earth to get me to change my stance on this. I also don't want to accidentally miss the voting deadline again. I certainly do not recommend that town begins nailing down its votes en masse, but I do believe that this is the right choice for me.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 03:27:24 AM by UncertainKitten »

« Reply #413 on: March 30, 2010, 01:46:34 AM »

Uh, wow.

##Unvote
##Vote Sodium

Also ##Unevict Jam, who now seems pretty much innocent if Kefit is to be believed (and I seriously can't find any flaws in his logic that he didn't address, but then again I'm stupid so hurrr), since if Sodium really is scum there is no reason for him to be consistently attempting to bus her since D1.

I wish I had more to say about Sodium (since this post is just "yeah sure!" at the moment), but uh, he hasn't even said anything notable about people other than Sakana and Jam. Ugh. Don't know why he thinks Edible is obvtown though.

(Also, is your nightvig a one-shot like Sodium's dayvig?)

« Reply #414 on: March 30, 2010, 01:58:31 AM »
Forgot this. Is it just me, or did Zakeri randomly disappear? I haven't seen anything from him since his initial post today.

« Reply #415 on: March 30, 2010, 02:40:39 AM »
TRIPLE POST YEAHHHHH

I missed this until now.
Yeah, this looks bad for me, but keep in mind that if I were scum I would prefer to fake claim this AFTER the cop wasted a power use on me.
...How do you know the cop didn't waste a power use on you? Or do you mean investigated you and roleclaimed then posted about it?

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #416 on: March 30, 2010, 03:29:37 AM »
hw is your vote the first of the after vig? Cuz then your good.
Your use of unvote really threw me off since we can't unvote [silly me deleted the evict and vote counts from my notes after the vig, whoops]

Kefit you freaking amaze me.
I was thinking of prodding you for not posting at all save for the post about your role today, but this makes up for everything by being dang good.

Honestly, Sodium hasn't done anything but the vig today. That would have been fine, but Kefit's claiming vig should have brought forth some discussion before allowing it to happen. [whoops, we should have spotted that too]

Evict Sodium
Just evicting because there aren't that many of us so voting will make it dang close already.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #417 on: March 30, 2010, 03:38:28 AM »
Kefit: Except governor really isn't that powerful. It's basically forcing a no lynch, when the governor feels that the lynch is retarded. Let alone when the governor is basically telling everyone that he won't let himself die. -_-
Detective Time

Sakana's claimed power has been perceived as a very powerful ability. It poses a substantial threat to the side opposite of the one with the power. Seeing this, Sodium offers to kill Sakana immediately after the role claim. I respond by claiming vig, and Sodium nonetheless goes through with the kill in short order. Sakana flips town.
Can't prove this, but I was thinking of using my vig on Jam, and then moving to Sakana but decided to wait for Sakana's post. Also, perceived from someone who didn't get it at first.

Here's what the story looks like if Sodium is scum:
Story time! Yay!

Sodium sees Sakana claim Governor and knows that he poses a serious threat to the scum.
I lol'd. Governor isn't very useful in the hands of someone who doesn't use it properly, and is probably more of a detriment to town.

Sakana's been looking fishy all game, and his roleclaim was less than clear, so Sodium seizes this chance to get rid of him. Things probably would have gone smoothly for Sodium even after Sakana flipped town. After all, vigilantes are known for making mistakes.
What? Scum would've eventually gotten rid of him if they really wanted to(they probably didn't), and he was a dead-weight at best after his governor claim.

Except I roleclaimed before Sodium was able to use his vig. Sodium knew he was in deep shit at this point. You see, If I was scum, then I had absolutely no reason to try and interfere with the free kill of a threatening townie.
I don't see how the fact there's another townie vig would really make me worry, but okay. Also, I really don't see what your alignment has to do with this, but okay.

It would have been in my best interests to keep lurking, as no one had their eyes on me at that point. Thus, Sodium reasoned that I would appear very townie after Sakana flipped town.
...For doing what? =V Making a vague vig claim before the first vig that claimed killed scummy-town?

Two town vigilantes in a 12 person game, even a role madness game, seems like a fairly remote possibility to me, if for no other reason than it creates the potential to accelerate the game far too quickly.
This is UK. =V She'd get amusement from how the board could flip extremely quickly.

If I look like town after Sakana's flip, then Sodium naturally looks like scum.
:Alice-claims-doctor: Also, why? Two Town Vigs doesn't seem like much of a stretch.

Sodium decides to make the best of a bad situation, and remove the threat to scum before I get a chance to get back from class and use MY vig to kill the scummy vigilante bastard. I suppose it's fortunate that I didn't specify that my vig is a night vig ;D
The fact that everyone except ,1)Person I was going to kill and 2)Person I really didn't trust, supported it, I really didn't see why not just shoot him asap.

So Sodium goes through with the kill, and here we are now with Sodium still trying to pass himself off as town.
"Townies don't need to think about looking town"!
/taking Zak's lines

And succeeding, as it seems the train is now on Jam. While Jam hasn't been a paragon of townie, her general inactivity, lack of enthusiasm, and rolling over for death at this point remind me far too much of when she did the exact same things in Himelander as town.
:Meta: Care little for it in this case.

The case against Sodium here seems much stronger, much more concrete.
Cool Story Bro. I too think that my suitcase made of concrete is quite strong.

Nice 180 on what you think of Jam.

HW: Thanks for bringing that up. Zak, just because you're probably town because of your role doesn't mean you can vanish! Also, stop votan pre-emptively, HW.

Jam: Moar obvious bandwagoning.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #418 on: March 30, 2010, 04:24:54 AM »
This is UK. =V She'd get amusement from how the board could flip extremely quickly.
This is a pretty good point, and it seems fairly likely.

Kay.
Let's try to find some more possible scum with the time we have left!
[cept I have to wake up early so I'm sleeping now D:]

« Reply #419 on: March 30, 2010, 04:30:33 AM »
Kay.
Let's try to find some more possible scum with the time we have left!
Or let's cheerlead without trying to help! :|