Author Topic: Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu Mafia: DAY FIVE!  (Read 57352 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu Mafia: DAY THREE! NEW RULE!
« Reply #360 on: March 28, 2010, 11:52:03 PM »
You basically are just BAWWING with your forum powers

If it was intended as anything other than a joke, I would have stated such.  You're the one who started crying about it in IRC. :)

Spoiler:
Because it was totally clear this was a joke given the way you've argued just now. Granted, I probably shouldn't have bitched about it as much but whatever
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 11:55:51 PM by UncertainKitten »

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #361 on: March 29, 2010, 01:23:12 AM »
The rule is stupid.
I don't spend enough time on tv tropes to even think of what the hell I could find there that would be relevant here.
I'll probably just take an easy way out later.

Aaaanyway.... Sakana looks pretty shady after Pesco's flip. It's strange that he seemed totally okay with lynching Pesco [though as Rou pointed out he only left with an evict]. There's really no one else I have my eyes on right now as Zak seems to legitimately have claimed, and what he threw out seems damn logical.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #362 on: March 29, 2010, 02:30:34 AM »
Spoiler:
Pah, should have made the new rule having everyone say "We have entered an endless recursion of time" in every post. Ah well, tropes are pretty damned easy to find. If me and pesco can go a game posting a trope in EVERY post, you can go a day with posting ONE trope :P

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #363 on: March 29, 2010, 03:13:06 AM »
We're playing Haruhi Mafia. We're also on a Touhou board!

...okaynowthatthat'sdonewith...

Still think Jam is scum. Still hasn't said anything of real worth. Latest post is a blatant bandwagoning.

I still think Sakana just seems way too clueless, but Pesco's flip reflects badly on him though. Not sure what to make of him. Would prefer Jam dead over him at this point in time though.

In other news, I think Zak is town, Edible and Rou are most likely town. Kefit is hard to determine(good posts, but too little to judge accurately), and HW is neutral.

Gonna wait for Sakana before doing anything.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #364 on: March 29, 2010, 04:56:39 AM »
I was the bone of my ESP,
Fabulous was my body, refreshing was my blood.
I have blocked over a thousand players.
Unaware of personal space.
Nor aware of keeping my distance.
Have withstood urges to molest Kyon a thousand times.
Yet, these hands will block all others.
I have no regrets, this was the only path.
My entire role was, "Unlimited Roleblocking Works".

« Reply #365 on: March 29, 2010, 06:00:39 AM »
Edible shouldn't make jokes

I mainly want to start looking into potential suspects besides Jam and Sakana today, since shooting fish in a barrel is a sign of stagnation. I'm mainly talking about huh what and Sodium, since Kefit only has two posts to go by and nothing out of place between them.

I'll do rereads of Jam and Sakana for an evict vote tomorrow, and then reread through the others I mentioned to see if a viable case can be formed.

What? I can't help it if I like this rule. Besides, with Pesco dead and UK Too busy being a mod, someone has to inflict the curse.

« Reply #366 on: March 29, 2010, 06:50:33 AM »
Why am I associated with Sodium suddenly? :x

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #367 on: March 29, 2010, 06:54:06 AM »
Alright, it's clear that I'm in a really bad situation right now, so to make things as easy as possible and save us the discussion time, I'll just make my claims right now.

That I couldn't get my vote on Pesco out D2 was partly my fault, partly that of real life. I had wanted to wait for his case on me, which he only posted after I had left for the rest of the day. Fwiw, I would have voted him as he didn't even point out how my actions were scummy as I had wanted him to. Well, and because the whole 'link to me' tactic he pulled was highly suspicious, as I said before. But since I didn't vote in the end, this is a void point.

Far more interesting for all of you should probably be:
No other lynch than Pesco's would have happened, even if you had chosen a different target. Because I wanted to see him dead and would have prevented any other lynch. This is my ability, and possibly the only reason we have the Twilight period in the game.
This also means, if you guys want to see me dead, let scum do the job. I will not let myself die from a lynch today.

As for suspicions at the moment, I'm as clueless as always.
However, my main focus for the moment will be on HW. He failed to explain his reasoning behind 'lynch Sakana to get info on Pesco'. If I flip town, what kind of info would have given on Pesco, other than that he might be a skilled schemer with an Evil Plan? None, as far as I can see.
Out of the two, Pesco and me, Pesco was clearly the greater danger when being scum, and therefore the primary lynch target.
HW ignored that completely, therefore:

#Evict: Huh What

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #368 on: March 29, 2010, 07:36:52 AM »
On another note, something that will probably not help us find scum, but that I find intriguing:

Could it be that Pesco set up the night-kills right in front of our eyes? Look at that:
##Yuyuko doll Kilga
##Evict Purvis

Sodium needs to exist more and so does Donut and Bard.

He mentioned people who were not in the game two times (even if he passed Donut as an alternate Edible-name). And both times it was together with the name of the victim of the following night.
This is probably nothing, and with Pesco dead it most likely won't help us anyway, but I found it interesting.
Consider it fun facts.

« Reply #369 on: March 29, 2010, 07:38:55 AM »
Far more interesting for all of you should probably be:
No other lynch than Pesco's would have happened, even if you had chosen a different target. Because I wanted to see him dead and would have prevented any other lynch. This is my ability, and possibly the only reason we have the Twilight period in the game.
This also means, if you guys want to see me dead, let scum do the job. I will not let myself die from a lynch today.

##Vote Sakana
That is the stupidest ability and roleclaim I have ever heard, even for role madness. Don't tell me you forced a Nietz lynch as well even though nobody even cared about him until late in D1? I seriously think you should get lynched just for blatant lying.

Actual reread/content post coming tomorrow, maybe, since I should be in bed. But that claim is seriously outrageous.

Also, pretty sure I did explain my reasons for voting you over Pesco somewhere. I'll look tomorrow. Ugh, I'm tired.

Oh hey, ninja'd by Sakana again. ##Yuyuko Doll is an injoke (which I don't even understand so hurr). That is not how you set up lynches, unless he was going for super breadcrumbing. You are thinking too hard.

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #370 on: March 29, 2010, 07:43:42 AM »
You are thinking too hard.
That's why I said consider it funf acts. However, this was Pesco, so...

Anyway, it's interesting that you're going for a vote immediately after a grave misinterpretation of my ability. I didn't say I could force lynches, not at all. Try again.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #371 on: March 29, 2010, 09:12:15 AM »
- Edible, this is a Bastard Mod game. If you weren't ready to get screwed over at least once then you're in the wrong place.
- I really don't see any reason to lynch HW at this juncture. So far, his contributions have seemed pretty solid besides his choice of the Zak train ahead of Pesco yesterday. Regardless, I don't think that puts him far ahead enough of Sakana and Jam to be worth lynching today.
- Sakana's claim is...what? Is he claiming that if he doesn't get his choice of lynch he can choose to block it from happening at twilight? And he's claiming that he can prevent himself getting lynched?!
I...what the hell? Please tell me we have a vig or something, because I can't possibly see this role falling into the hands of Town.

(On a side note, ##Yuyuko Doll is a meme from PatchCon Mafia some time back, where players basically got given dolls to determine their roles. The Yuyuko Doll was the Vig doll, which Kilga ended up springing on Pesco, and for some time he started every game with the post ##Yuyuko Doll: Pesco. Apparently Pesco's doing the same in reverse now.)

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #372 on: March 29, 2010, 11:19:38 AM »
Please tell me we have a vig or something, because I can't possibly see this role falling into the hands of Town.
I'm surprised you can't see this as a town-role.
There is a clear name for my role and ability, and I would have thought the experienced players might recognize it.
Guess I'll have to spell it out later?

The reason why I would have blocked any other than Pesco's lynch at the time was because I was pretty sure about my suspicion on him and wanted to see that cleared up before anything else. An egoistic move, yes, and not fool-proof, but it would have payed off.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #373 on: March 29, 2010, 11:45:33 AM »
Sakana: How does that prove you're town in ANY way? Can it be proven right now? Also, the formal name for your role is Governor. Prevents lynchs at twilight, etc. Would result in no-lynch, probably. Stopping a lynch and deciding another lynch would be OP if it were unlimited. Both Scum and Town can have that role.

Also, this is important: How does that prove you're town in any way?

Just because you say something ("I wouldn't have let anyone die but Pesco") does not make it true.

HW: Cool Story Bro. You voted Sakana for claiming governor. >_>

Rou: Sup. Also, I thought Kilga did that at the very beginning of the game(Yuyuko Doll)?

...Meh, fuck it. Both Sakana and Jam are huge detriments, and pretty much everyone else is more likely to be town. I suggest both to be removed immediately.

I am Asakura Ryoko, Town Dayvig. If the town will agree to it, I will vig Sakana, and then we can lynch Jam. Or whoever town wants. Preferably Jam. If you have a better suggestion, tell me.

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #374 on: March 29, 2010, 12:01:29 PM »
Sakana: How does that prove you're town in ANY way?
It doesn't. And I never claimed that it does.
The only way to prove my alignment is my death.
I could only prove the ability itself, but that wouldn't give any information about me.
My claim does nothing to get me out of suspicions way, don't think I don't know that.

I could state that I would find it highly unlikely that UK would give a protective role like governor to scum, when it's already hard enough for town to win in a normal game.

If you're really that adamant on killing me, yes, use the vig instead of wasting votes. Before that, however, I would like some analysis on how my actions portray me as scummy at the moment, because that is something I have yet to see from anyone. This doesn't just go for me btw, but for other cases that have been made as well.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #375 on: March 29, 2010, 01:43:21 PM »
Sakana: Let's see here.

D1: Sitting around with no vote and no pressure does not help Town.
Kilga should be Ki-oh wait, he supposedly pressed the barely-confirmed Edible the hardest, now I want to evict him. EVEN THOUGH MY KING VOTE IS STILL ON HIM. Still think his case on Kilga feels desperate, and Pesco's support afterward was an attempt to make it look less bad.

D2: Defense defense defense WHY ARE YOU ACCUSING PESCO Supporting flipped scum.
Oh by the way, Pesco's high on my suspicions. Just so you know. You don't bother saying why here and just throw out 'oh he's suspicious'. Lovely.
Still voting Zak though since he suggested the Nietz lynch, not gonna bother offering anything that isn't obvious. Not offering information = anti-Town.
Oh wait, I'm tied to Pesco. Maybe we should lynch him after all! Saving your own ass at the last minute.
I can't produce a case because I'm useless! Excusing yourself through the newbie defense doesn't work, Sakana.
Bye guys, just to show how much I support the Pesco lynch I'll NOT vote for him! I've already mentioned this.

Does that work?

I could state that I would find it highly unlikely that UK would give a protective role like governor to scum, when it's already hard enough for town to win in a normal game.
Well we've already seen that Town had a roleblocker (a traditionally scummy role) so I don't believe that point holds. Plus you forget that a) this is probably role madness and b) it's freaking UncertainKitten.

Sodium: I have no objections to Sakana getting shot today.

Edible

« Reply #376 on: March 29, 2010, 02:03:27 PM »
We've had prior art in these forums for a scum guv, if you'll recall Umineko mafia - not that it was ever used there.

I'm no more impressed by MSB's claim than Sakana's.  Sakana didn't even fullclaim, though...

But either way, totally okay with Sakana getting vigged.  He's already said he plans to guv himself if we lynch him, which means the only way of getting rid of him is a knife to the brain.  Full steam ahead, Sodium.

« Reply #377 on: March 29, 2010, 03:57:35 PM »
Hurrrr, I thought Sakana's role was some stupid thing where he got to choose what gets lynched rather than governor. Remind me to get more sleep before reading posts in the future. This doesn't make him look much better to me, though. Supporting dayvig.

Also, @Sakana:
I did explain my reasons why I thought you'd be more informative than Pesco (check post 313), but that was mainly because I was still suspicious of Zak at the time and was really curious about the Nietz wagon. Now that Bardiche flipped town and Zakeri looks a lot better it doesn't mean much anymore, though.

« Reply #378 on: March 29, 2010, 05:17:43 PM »
I can't produce a case because I'm useless! Excusing yourself through the newbie defense doesn't work, Sakana.
Aren't you the same person who said this in regards to Sakana earlier? :V
Also GJ jumping on the new guy for making new guy mistakes. T_T

Another thing about Sakana: WHY would you use Governor to prevent anything but a Pesco lynch on D2? That seems more like you're having a tantrum because the guy you wanted lynched didn't get lynched. If he had gotten ignored in favor of somebody who was obviously town I could see why, but that seems rather selfish.

Anyway, assuming Sodium intends to "take care" of Sakana and I don't need to talk about him anymore, here's some stuff on Jam:

It really feels like Jam hasn't been doing anything at all throughout the game. A lot of her D1 posts were jumping on bandwagons (#70) or doing nothing at all (#125, #165) until #173, where after evicting Edible and saying very little about anything else that was going on, she unevicts (over an incredibly iffy roleclaim that Edible had not yet proved at the time, no less), leaving her with no evict or kingvote at the end of the day, and as a result she leaves no opinion on who she actually wants lynched or kinged and essentially hasn't really done anything by the ending of the day. #175 and #177 are just her repeated what she said in her previous posts without adding anything new again. Then later, there's 280:

It was basically just to prevent his number of evicts from getting "too" high [in the case just a majority I suppose since they aren't official votes] so that we could hear out his proof. [or rather you guys could since I wasn't around]
This makes no sense at all. While evict votes do obviously have an effect on who gets lynched, unless everybody decided to hammer in a King before Edible expanded on his roleclaim (which would be incredibly rash), there was nothing about one more evict on Edible that would prevent him from expanding on his roleclaim, since the day wasn't even that close to the end. In fact, this could even be considered counter-productive, since less votes = less pressure. At the end she jumps on the Zak wagon with little apparent reason, much like she did with Edible earlier.

#303:
Zak's stating that it looks like I'm his scumbuddy seems as if he's trying to get himself off the hook if I turn up scum [which I won't] for pointing it out...
This arguably looks more suspicious than Zak's actual post saying Jam is trying to link herself to him as a potential scumbuddy. Saying that Zakeri is doing something in case she turns out scum makes no sense. Think about it:
Case 1 - Zak is scum, Jam is town
Zak KNOWS Jam is town, so he would not bother trying to set up something that requires Jam to flip scum, because that would be stupid since he knows she won't.
Case 2 - Zak is town, Jam is scum
In this case, Jam would know Zak is town, which... she actually seems to know based on that post. Note that even though she believes Zakeri is scum based on her evict, her post acts as if she thinks he is town hence the "if I turn up scum" (if Zakeri was scum, this wouldn't be valid, since as I previously mentioned, he would know that she is town). But wait, there's a contradiction! She thinks Zakeri wants to do this to get off the hook, which means Zakeri would have to be scum or really really selfish town (seems unlikely). The most likely scenario seems to be that Jam is scum trying to paint Zakeri as scum but acts as if he's town at the same time to make herself look like she doesn't know his alignment.
Case 3 - Both are scum
Implies Jam really, really wants to bus Zakeri and not let him get off the hook if she dies and flips scum. Why? If a scumbuddy has a chance to get off the hook, why would you want to stop them? Seems pointless.
Case 4 - Both are town
Second most likely, but considering everything Jam has done up until now I'm pretty sure it isn't, and her #361 is just stating the obvious. So yeah.

##Unvote
##Vote Jam

Edible

« Reply #379 on: March 29, 2010, 05:22:43 PM »
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we still can't unvote today.

« Reply #380 on: March 29, 2010, 05:24:19 PM »
Oh wait, alternate options I forgot about.

#1: Jam is cop with an innocent verdict on Zak, explaining why she implies Zak is town even though she's trying to make him look scummy... But that's still really stupid, since she'd be painting Zak as scum despite having an innocent verdict on him.

#2: Jam is a cop with a guilty verdict on Zak, and is trying to hide the fact that she's a cop and knows his alignment. This actually seems kind of plausible, but I think Zak seems pretty townish right now, so I dunno.

Ninja by Edible: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Well uh, I hope somebody else can get Jam lynched then. Just consider me to have an evict on her or something.
##Evict: Jam

« Reply #381 on: March 29, 2010, 05:26:08 PM »
Hey, question for mod: if Sakana gets vigged, will my vote on him be removed?

Spoiler:
In the event of a day vigilante kill, the votes are reset
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 05:43:28 PM by UncertainKitten »

« Reply #382 on: March 29, 2010, 05:37:04 PM »
TRIPLE POST YEAHHH

Out of the two, Pesco and me, Pesco was clearly the greater danger when being scum, and therefore the primary lynch target.
HW ignored that completely, therefore:
Missed this somehow.
How does this count for anything? You don't vote for who would be more of a threat as scum, you vote for who you think would be more likely to be scum, and I figured you were more likely. The information on the Nietz wagon was a bonus, too.

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #383 on: March 29, 2010, 05:53:02 PM »
Since I don't think I have anything to prove I'm town, and because the result will horribly piss off Rou, I agree to the vigging. This will be way more effective than any defense I could try. Pull the trigger if you want, Sodium. I hope town will know how to make the most out of this afterwards.

In case anyone is interested, my full claim would be: Student council president, town governor.

Well done Rou, even though you failed completely to explain how those were actions of a scum. You listed the same things you listed before. Last time it was with 'those are his newbie mistakes', this time it's supposed to be scum intentions?
You don't make sense in your case, but I guess you'll realize that as soon as I die.
Next thing I'd love is for you to state what your conclusions on other people will be when I flip town.
And maybe you should prepare for what other people's conclusion will be about you at that point.

By the way, you're doing the 'pressed Edible the hardest' misrep again, care to tell why? I never said it that way, no matter how often you want to make it look like that.

"Pesco's suspicious" is something I said before reading over his stuff again and seeing how awful our ties already were. That's when I became pretty much convinced of him being scum trying to drag down a town with him. As we can see, he was successful, but that's mostly my fault, of course.
Me being pretty much sure about Pesco is why I would have prevented any other lynch, as I said before. Getting down a scum is the best way to get info about possible other scum. Why let town do a possible mislynch when there's a case on an almost certain scum?
Unfortunately this was the only time in the game I was sure about something.

Excusing yourself through the newbie defense doesn't work, Sakana.
If you think like that, why were you the one giving me that excuse in the first place, as HW pointed out as well?

you vote for who you think would be more likely to be scum, and I figured you were more likely
You're still buying that 'he did this all with intention because he's experienced irl' stuff from Pesco? Because this is the only reason I see why I would appear as more scummy than the rabbit at that time. Or do you have any other explanation making me more scummy that you somehow missed to give at all?

Alright, I guess this will be all I have to say.

Well then, I guess that may be my last post in this game. It was a pleasure~ *bow*

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #384 on: March 29, 2010, 06:09:40 PM »
Well done Rou, even though you failed completely to explain how those were actions of a scum. You listed the same things you listed before. Last time it was with 'those are his newbie mistakes', this time it's supposed to be scum intentions?
All of these things I've mentioned, maybe? Not offering new information, bad cases against confirmed Townies, reluctantly going along with the one scumlynch we've had, excusing yourself from commenting? All these things serve to prevent Town from lynching scum, therefore they're scummy.

If you think like that, why were you the one giving me that excuse in the first place, as HW pointed out as well?
You can't say 'I'm newbtown I can't contribute!', other people say 'you're newbtown you have no clue what you're talking about'. And even then, newbcalls only last so long, and yours ran out around the start of D2. You made that claim late D2, by which point you REALLY should be producing something.

Whatever. Fire away, Sodium.

« Reply #385 on: March 29, 2010, 06:13:30 PM »
Just pointing out that my quip about Rou defending Sakana for being a newbie earlier wasn't a serious point or anything, I just found the hypocrisy humorous. Hence the :V .

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #386 on: March 29, 2010, 06:22:05 PM »
All these things serve to prevent Town from lynching scum, therefore they're scummy.
Okay, seems I have some more last words: So you wanna say I was completely uninvolved in Pesco's downfall? You make me laugh, boy~
Pesco's case didn't appear like a major one, and the number of votes on him was in no way high. And yet I was supporting his case, even though I messed up the vote. Totally makes sense for a scum~

Okay, I really should stop here. Sorry, Rou, this is nothing personal, but you're getting blinded by your tunneling on me. Widen your view again once this is over.

« Reply #387 on: March 29, 2010, 06:26:56 PM »
Why do you feel the need to suddenly turn all antagonistic towards everybody who wants to vig you before you get vigged? :x Seems like scum taunting, which is stupid since you're about to die.

I fail to see how Rou was tunneling you at all.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #388 on: March 29, 2010, 06:31:56 PM »
So you wanna say I was completely uninvolved in Pesco's downfall? You make me laugh, boy~
Yeah this is descending into AtE. >_>

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #389 on: March 29, 2010, 08:21:15 PM »
Very quick post before I head into class because I think this information is pertinent RIGHT NOW:

I am town and have vigilante powers as well. You guys think there are two town vigilantes in this game? That being said, go ahead and go forth with the vig use, sodium. I'd like to see how it turns out ;D

More later, after class.