Author Topic: Original touhou clone in progress  (Read 21351 times)

Re: Original touhou clone in progress
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2010, 06:21:46 PM »
[...] would it help if I gave you an example to base yourself off of? =3

No it?s better if I continue this without any examples elsewise it will sound more like that other song and maybe turns into a remix of that.

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2010, 06:44:37 PM »
No it?s better if I continue this without any examples elsewise it will sound more like that other song and maybe turns into a remix of that.

Okay ^^ good luck! =3

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2010, 06:46:13 PM »
Well... is there something I should change?

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2010, 07:19:32 PM »
Well... is there something I should change?

the pitch is a wee bit high I find, maybe something calm and mystical, that gives a fantasy feel but the colourful touhou kind, but yeah Im aware that its not done yet ^^

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2010, 12:07:49 AM »
I...must....know! How did you get your artwork so..so...AWESOME?!?!?!!

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2010, 12:12:44 AM »
I...must....know! How did you get your artwork so..so...AWESOME?!?!?!!

Visual art has always been my main field of interest, it's the main thing I use to my advantage ever since ZUN inspired me and I entered the world of indie game production, I hope to one day have enough skills to work as independantly as he does ^^ I need to learn music and better writing eventualy.

More technically though, sketches -> Lineart -> PHOTOSHOP TIME!

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2010, 12:14:50 AM »
Visual art has always been my main field of interest, it's the main thing I use to my advantage ever since ZUN inspired me and I entered the world of indie game production, I hope to one day have enough skills to work as independantly as he does ^^ I need to learn music and better writing eventualy.

More technically though, sketches -> Lineart -> PHOTOSHOP TIME!
Music is gonna be a tuffie, what exactly is "Lineart"?

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2010, 12:16:33 AM »
Music is gonna be a tuffie, what exactly is "Lineart"?

Its when you make your sketch more color friendly, it also looks nice on its own of course, coloring book style, dark linework with white background usualy ^^

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2010, 12:23:25 AM »
Its when you make your sketch more color friendly, it also looks nice on its own of course, coloring book style, dark linework with white background usually ^^
Oh~, makes sense makes sense! Cant wait to see how this plays out! oh, and how long have you been drawing? This art is fantastic

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2010, 12:27:46 AM »
Oh~, makes sense makes sense! Cant wait to see how this plays out! oh, and how long have you been drawing? This art is fantastic

Ive been drawing since 5th grade where I started drawing anime, then I joined a furry forum and got interested in that too, I started drawing using programs about 3 years ago, my style undergoes changes often, I often model it to a certain style (like how my cutins are a mix of my usual style but with some ZUN influence)

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2010, 06:23:25 PM »
Well iv'e been working on more technical bits lately and I guess il show some more progress, This is what the frame looks like so far:

The good news is that the statistics work perfectly, stuff is added when its supposed to and there doesnt seem to be any exploitable glitches, bad news is theres a tiny tiny chance that the code causes slowdown, if it does its too small for me to actualy tell, we'll just have to wait and see I guess ^^

Oh and I think I may have found the name, though its kinda long, I might still change it...

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2010, 06:29:33 PM »
Well iv'e been working on more technical bits lately and I guess il show some more progress, This is what the frame looks like so far:

The good news is that the statistics work perfectly, stuff is added when its supposed to and there doesnt seem to be any exploitable glitches, bad news is theres a tiny tiny chance that the code causes slowdown, if it does its too small for me to actualy tell, we'll just have to wait and see I guess ^^

Oh and I think I may have found the name, though its kinda long, I might still change it...
drooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

AweStriker Nova

• Star Sign "Thunder Constellation"
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2010, 06:41:01 PM »
Just thought I'd let you know that it should probably say "Adapting to a Beast's Call". This won't matter if it's an interim name.

It's like how people think "disorientating" and "disorientated" are real words, which they're not. (You'd be looking for "disorienting" and "disoriented" - no "ta"s.)

Edit: I tend to be a bit undiscriminating about errors like this, so I apologize if you feel offended.

That aside, the custom stat bar looks really nice. I can't wait to see how the full game turns out.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 06:43:26 PM by AweStriker Nova »

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2010, 06:46:04 PM »
Just thought I'd let you know that it should probably say "Adapting to a Beast's Call". This won't matter if it's an interim name.

It's like how people think "disorientating" and "disorientated" are real words, which they're not. (You'd be looking for "disorienting" and "disoriented" - no "ta"s.)

Edit: I tend to be a bit undiscriminating about errors like this, so I apologize if you feel offended.

That aside, the custom stat bar looks really nice. I can't wait to see how the full game turns out.

...did I seriously write AdapTAting?...I mispelled in something with 4 words I think I broke my personal record, yeah don't worry il change it, this is why I always save my original photoshop files ^^

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2010, 08:13:30 PM »

-pic-

Sweet!

TL777 ✌

• Fuwa fuwa desu~~~
  • Do you know what time it is?
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2010, 08:22:27 PM »

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2010, 08:26:29 PM »

(gasp) That looks like the game I once dreamed of!

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2010, 09:57:06 PM »
(gasp) That looks like the game I once dreamed of!

Hmmm, in which ways? im curious =3

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2010, 10:11:38 PM »
Idea for Youkai character, Having Reimu and Marisa like shots.

No seriously...  :V

Sealing Type and Stealing Type, maybe.

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2010, 11:08:47 PM »
Idea for Youkai character, Having Reimu and Marisa like shots.

Reimu-like shots you say?

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2010, 11:07:16 AM »
Idea for Youkai character, Having Reimu and Marisa like shotstypes.

FIXED

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2010, 12:01:00 PM »
Hmmm, in which ways? im curious =3
In terms of I wrote a post on the Touhou Dreams Thread about it.

« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2010, 01:32:00 AM »
Today I began work on the stage 1 background

I also decided to include the Power and Point items in this picture because I have them working now, Stage 1 is a trip trough an abandonned village, because it's the shortest route and it was a curious find (although someone shouldve noticed it before huh? ^^;;)

anyways the green lines over the houses seem to be caused by the Zbuffer, this kind of lines appear every now and then when I make a graphic that isnt 100% opaque on places, the green line though isnt part of the picture which is actualy really odd, this means I cant just erase it in photoshop, theres nothing to erase. D=

also SPOILER the enemy pattern shown here isnt actualy going to be in the stage

Shockman

• Some idiot
  • I can't believe I got this account back .|.|.
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2010, 02:02:05 AM »

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2010, 11:39:15 AM »
this looks amazing. I am awaiting greatness

FurryYunSeong

• The brave furry anon, now with danmaku
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2010, 04:03:19 PM »
Those are all Effect Objects?  I planned on the frame to be fully like that, once ago...

There's quite some experience behind this project.  The project is like the conglomeration of all that, no?

It is quite unlike me, my project is a learn-as-I-go kind of thing.

« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2010, 05:24:39 PM »
Those are all Effect Objects?  I planned on the frame to be fully like that, once ago...

There's quite some experience behind this project.  The project is like the conglomeration of all that, no?

It is quite unlike me, my project is a learn-as-I-go kind of thing.

To tell the truth ive done a wee bit of 3D backgrounds in Danmakufu awhile back, but I didnt feel ready to do a full game, I decided to give it another try and progresivly got better, the stage 1 background is my newest (still in progress) and my most fleshed out one so far, thanks to a function that only draws objects onscreen I could make an entire map and avoid too much slowdown, so im making small forest followed by an abandonned village followed by abit more road then a lake, and the lake will stretch into the next stage (il add to my other stages too)

I guess thats the thing when you learn more and more, you end up redoing your old things, but it doesnt feel like too much of a chore somehow ^^

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2010, 07:21:46 PM »
thanks to a function that only draws objects onscreen I could make an entire map and avoid too much slowdown

What function is that? Also, as a side note, you're one of the best 3D background makers here. You learn really fast.
And I still say you should join #danmakufu on IRC.

« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2010, 10:30:32 PM »
What function is that? Also, as a side note, you're one of the best 3D background makers here. You learn really fast.
And I still say you should join #danmakufu on IRC.

Doh! I keep forgeting the IRC thing, itd be lots of fun XD I guess I will, but I think il wait till after I come back from the trip, you see im going to florida for march break and will be without computer for a little more than a week...Il try not to go insane XD I promise il join when I get back though ^^

Oh and as for the function, the Y position of the camera is my main tool for scrolling, so I made a replacement for the DrawGraphic3D function and made it so that their only drawn if the camera's Y is within the Graphic's Y+FrontDistance and Graphics Y-BackDistance (alittle in the back and alot to the front) this way I can expiriment with the distance variables until I get only what should be onscreen, to prevent the fps from falling below 58. (im very fussy with the speed).

the village wont be too fancy, but im atleast trying to make it more detailed than Chen's village from PCB (though expect to see the same houses and trees in different places all the time XD)

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2010, 11:31:31 PM »
Well I did a bit more progress on the backgrounds today, as some kind of update I think il post a few more details about the game's literate bits, every time I imagine the game in my head it gets more and more detailed, so I know alittle more about my characters and locations now, so heres what I have so far:

Stage 1: Passing Trough the abandonned village

Midboss (youkai character, ghost, female) She decided to stay home after her unfortunate death, she socializes and lives amonst the youkai who live there now, over time she learned magic and became somewhat of a threat.

Boss (youkai character, water demon, male) He's often seen patrolling the lake outside of the village, causing trouble for the humans who travel across, hes friends with the ghost, and is pretty unhappy about the protagonist's hostility towards her.

Stage 2: Blue Forest Hidden in Fog

Midboss: (Anthro character, Wolf, Male) The protagonist learns that the spreading human to anthro transformations have already been happening for awhile, this character lives in a town close to the border between the two divided areas and was one of the first to get affected.

Boss (Youkai Character, Witch, Female) She lives alone deeper in the forest, shes pretty cruel towards everyone, especialy humans who try to get rid of her, her plan is to capture an anthro and give them a more intimidating appearance to keep as some kind of guard dog.

Stage 3: Magic-Sealed Border Road

Midboss & Boss: (Youkai Character, Guardian, Male) Hes a youkai but hes very close friends with the anthros, being a guardian he stops anyone who tries to pass trough the border, atleast until hes too tired to fight...

Stage 4: Lively Town in A New World

(the characters stumble onto a festival here, the anthros seem to be having a big celebration)

Stage 4 midboss: (Anthro character, Deer, Male) He seems to be some kind of self-proclaimd town guard, he senses that the protagonist is a newly-transformed and finds the protagonist extremly suspicious.

Stage 4 boss: (Anthro character, Squirrel, Female) She's popular amongst the other anthros, shes very lively and she's quite an acrobat, she possessed two magic hoops, she seems pretty adept when it comes to danmaku fights.

The rest is still being debated in my head, but im pretty satisfied with how im imagining it so far ^^