Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou Discussion #3  (Read 194718 times)

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou Discussion #3
« Reply #960 on: May 25, 2010, 09:28:52 AM »
Can someone tell me or PM me about "Cheat engine" that can give you a skill point?

I start to get bored of running around - -''

Oh and thank you for answering my question before.

You only made it as far as the 3rd floor correct? Trust me, the game does require lots of grinding to the point where its boring. If you still want to use Cheat Engine and such, then you can download it along with a Labyrinth Cheat Table and even a small tutorial on how to use the engine for Labyrinth of Touhou.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7ILDFRGL

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #961 on: May 25, 2010, 09:39:50 AM »
If it's your first playthrough, then rather don't use any of the cheats. Plenty of people here got through just fine with a bit of grinding and having a good challenge each floor was what made this game such a big topic.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #962 on: May 25, 2010, 09:46:34 AM »
If it's your first playthrough, then rather don't use any of the cheats. Plenty of people here got through just fine with a bit of grinding and having a good challenge each floor was what made this game such a big topic.

Should of said this, unfortunately I'm barely awake at almost 6AM.  :fail:

Alternatively, you could make a copy of your save file and/or save in a separate slot for your cheated playthrough like I did.

marina2

« Reply #963 on: May 25, 2010, 10:09:07 AM »
You only made it as far as the 3rd floor correct? Trust me, the game does require lots of grinding to the point where its boring. If you still want to use Cheat Engine and such, then you can download it along with a Labyrinth Cheat Table and even a small tutorial on how to use the engine for Labyrinth of Touhou.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7ILDFRGL

Thank you for your advise.  I didn't plan to use it much because I know it will ruin the fun of the game.  The idea of playing normally in one save  and cheating in another save file is okey.

So, I will download it but keep it until I found the real dead end.

P.S. The real purpose is that I bored of collecting skill point for every new members I recruited.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 10:34:53 AM by marina2 »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #964 on: May 25, 2010, 08:21:44 PM »
Trust me, the game does require lots of grinding to the point where its boring
Maybe for the 16/18/20F boss, but those are really the only cases, and as long as you're playing well even they shouldn't be particularly bad grind points.

Plus Disk is a completely different story. Plus Disk is HUGE grinding. But as far as the main part goes, its pretty low-grind for a game like this, and quite challenging while still being fair.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #965 on: May 25, 2010, 09:19:00 PM »
My hacked levelup ratings just got reset by the game. Gonna fix that and then get started on 1F.

Oh man, so overlevelled that it isn't even funny. Beat Meiling and Chen before they even got their second turn. Cirno paralysed Chen though.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 10:20:59 PM by Pesco »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #966 on: May 26, 2010, 12:21:25 AM »
My hacked levelup ratings just got reset by the game. Gonna fix that and then get started on 1F.

Wait, what? They can do that?
How do we know if they get reset?

« Reply #967 on: May 26, 2010, 02:53:16 AM »
Maybe for the 16/18/20F boss, but those are really the only cases, and as long as you're playing well even they shouldn't be particularly bad grind points.

Plus Disk is a completely different story. Plus Disk is HUGE grinding. But as far as the main part goes, its pretty low-grind for a game like this, and quite challenging while still being fair.
My experiences thus far.  First time I ever really grinded was when I got to 16F's boss, and I believe I was still underleveled for the fight (characters were in the high 60s'low 70s, I believe the wiki recommends 70-90 for that fight) yet managed without a single casualty.  The experience you get just from exploring floors is generally enough to get by on.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #968 on: May 26, 2010, 04:46:14 AM »
So guys I thought about doing a speedrun of this for fun, mainly cause I'm bored. It's going to be on 2.06 for obvious reasons(Speed and NG+), so I'm looking to make a party that will last me from floor 1 to the 20th. I plan on fighting nearly every battle I get into for leveling purposes(Early on I can possibly avoid it for a bit, but if I can easily win and get the exp/skill points that helps a lot), especially in the later floors since it will be required. First off though, gonna need a party of 12 that will help me. Here's who I thought of so far that can be useful.

Marisa(Full power Master Spark)
Patchouli(Trash rapist)
Remilia(At least for Early floors)
Chen(Fast attacker)
Hong Meiling(Healing + secondary tank)
Rumia(Moonlight Ray)
Spoiler:
Tenshi(Tanking)
Komachi(HP Tank + Stat Debuffs and minor damage)
Suwako(Moriya's Iron Ring for Paralysis)
Kaguya(Buddha's Stone Bowl for faster turns + buffs)
Rinnosuke(buffer for boss battles as well as damage dealer)
Utsuho(Giga Flare for boss fights)
Sikieki(Last Judgment of course)
Yuyuko(For easier Trash battles for grinding)

Any other possible choices are welcome, as well as any tips and such.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #969 on: May 26, 2010, 07:14:31 AM »
You heretic! Where's Reimu? Rumia, Remi and
Spoiler:
Yuyuko
could probably be better people. You're packing a lot of MYS damage there btw.

Wait, what? They can do that?
How do we know if they get reset?

If the cost of leveling up looks similar to the other characters, it got reset.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #970 on: May 26, 2010, 07:55:49 AM »
You heretic! Where's Reimu? Rumia, Remi and
Spoiler:
Yuyuko
could probably be better people. You're packing a lot of MYS damage there btw.

I don't see much use for Reimu really. Rumia just has that powerful attack that pierces Defense, Remi definitely could be someone better, and Yuyuko's just for the instant death.

It also occurred to me I can just easily carry over equips and even Skill Points(I was wondering what the other thing was besides Characters and Equips). Looks like I won't need to bother with much training as long as I beef up my characters with Skill Points first.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #971 on: May 26, 2010, 12:05:12 PM »
Ok, whats with saying that Remi isn't good? I'm highly certain she is one of the better characters in the game. Complaining about her getting hit with PAR or PSN is also hardly a reason to drop her.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #972 on: May 26, 2010, 12:35:40 PM »
I'd rather use Yuugi over Remi.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #973 on: May 26, 2010, 12:44:27 PM »
Rumia(Moonlight Ray)
what

Okay, it's like Silent Selene for a few floors, but it's REALLY nothing special by the time you reach the 10~12F puzzle floors. It's nowhere near nuke material because of her non-stellar MAG, and her MND-ignoring spell is similarly luckluster, especially when you've got Kaguya instead. And on top of that, Rumia has PITIFUL HP and speed, terrible DEF and only decent MND. Why in the world are you thinking of using her for a run that would require only the best people to be used?

Yuyuko is also terrible. I see what you mean by the instant death, but her spells also have massive SP cost that can't be handled until late floors (which is where you get her, normally), and they do so-so damage ONLY of SPI element except for the one that costs an arm and a leg.

The rest doesn't look bad (And I think Remi is a great choice, she doesn't scale into Plus as well but for main game she's great), but IMO bringing Mystia would be a great idea. Renko as well. Any boss that can be hit by PAR with any decent chance will be MURDERED by having Renko or Mystia, plus Renko's debuff should be incredible as well, even though it's pretty expensive for awhile (SP boosting gear, anyone?)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #974 on: May 26, 2010, 12:57:51 PM »
Forgot about Mystia. She's MVP of the 9 squad run so far. Always goes first and wipes trash with Midnight Chorus Master.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #975 on: May 26, 2010, 01:46:55 PM »
I'd rather use Yuugi over Remi.

I'd rather have a good self-buff and good DPS without an element over horrid delay moves, boring stats and an ok DPS with delay that makes me feel sick. My friend uses Remi and Yugi, I had him Spear and KO each enemy he found on his current floor, Spear was dealing an average of 5000, while KO3S was hitting for 5600 average, not much more. IIRC, KO has stupid high delay, like 90% of her gauge or something, while spear was... what, 60%?

« Reply #976 on: May 26, 2010, 01:52:19 PM »
I'm going to suggest
Spoiler:
Keine
, at least for early floors.  Her spells are cheap while remaining decent for both trash and bosses, and her attack buffs will put the speed in speed run. :V

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #977 on: May 26, 2010, 02:05:09 PM »
Yuugi's sake not even drop :3

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #978 on: May 26, 2010, 07:02:04 PM »
Forgot about Mystia. She's MVP of the 9 squad run so far. Always goes first and wipes trash with Midnight Chorus Master.

Definitely. Even just using Ill-Starred Dive is great, it's fast and powerful. I'm definitely loving Mystia for her awesome attack nuking. Rumia isn't so terrible, but she's definitely the LVP of the group right now. Everyone else manages to take out enemy groups before she gets a turn, and then she's just distracting enemies when everyone else needs to Focus. I'm pleasantly surprised by Wriggle's survival skills so far, she's tanking things fairly well. Cirno is as good as she always was.

All in all, Team 9 is actually a rather good team.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #979 on: May 26, 2010, 11:56:01 PM »
I think Cirno reverted to her normal self once I beat and recruited her. How would I go about fixing her up again?

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #980 on: May 27, 2010, 12:03:38 AM »
I think Cirno reverted to her normal self once I beat and recruited her. How would I go about fixing her up again?

I think it's cause you did it on 2.04 and not 2.06. 2.04 doesn't have the NG+ feature so getting a character you already have reverts those things.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #981 on: May 27, 2010, 12:08:36 AM »
I was somewhat referring to using Pesco's Team 9 file, since when I releveled her she only had 16 TP as opposed to the set 18 TP that Pesco had given everyone.

« Reply #982 on: May 27, 2010, 12:19:44 AM »
I was somewhat referring to using Pesco's Team 9 file, since when I releveled her she only had 16 TP as opposed to the set 18 TP that Pesco had given everyone.
Exactly what Axel said, it shouldn't reset like that if you do those specific fights on 2.06.

But in regards to actually resetting it...ask Pesco. :V

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #983 on: May 27, 2010, 01:37:01 AM »
If you're NG+-ing, there's very little reason to actively restrict yourself to one team, I suppose; especially since you have speed levelling.  Obviously you don't want to spend anything on characters you won't use, but if you can keep only about 18 characters levelled and stuff, the time you spend going through the levelup screen and party switches should be far less than the amount of time you spend fighting bosses with the proper teams versus a subpar team.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #984 on: May 27, 2010, 06:06:28 AM »

Sorry, learn Cheat Engine. I suggest you don't do the Wriggle sidequest. You can go kill the bugs but don't talk to her. Wriggle's stats are stored in a different place from most characters. I suspect characters who can poison or have unique damage formulae are put aside like that. This *could* mean spell formulae can be hacked.

Earthsiege

• Rational Anarchist
  • The balance of power MUST be preserved.
« Reply #985 on: May 27, 2010, 03:52:41 PM »
So I just hit 30F, and found I have no desire at all to tackle the Grind Wall of China. I want to start an NG+ with stats tweaked for some characters, but I don't really know how to change those.

Million dollar question: Is this something I can learn/be taught how to do in a reasonable amount of time (since I like doing things like this myself when I can), or do I need to leave it to someone who knows better?
http://pastebin.com/DzbzqF0k - LoT2 reference list. If anyone catches anything, drop me a line.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #986 on: May 27, 2010, 03:58:39 PM »
Get Cheat Engine, do the tutorial and you'll have got all the skills required to find all the stats you want to hack.

I can do the editing if you tell me exactly what changes you want, but don't expect a quick delivery for a week or so.

Earthsiege

• Rational Anarchist
  • The balance of power MUST be preserved.
« Reply #987 on: May 27, 2010, 04:10:38 PM »
Oh, I know how to use CE, just from the way people were talking I was thinking it was some kind of data-sundering ordeal into the depths of programming hell  :3
http://pastebin.com/DzbzqF0k - LoT2 reference list. If anyone catches anything, drop me a line.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #988 on: May 27, 2010, 04:33:04 PM »
There's a lot of effort to it. That's all I can tell you.

Bananamatic

« Reply #989 on: May 27, 2010, 04:48:31 PM »
So I started playing too

anything I should know?(except for evasion not working)