Author Topic: Himelander Mafia Thread (Over! Scum Win!)  (Read 74546 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Himelander Mafia Thread (Day 5)
« Reply #660 on: February 23, 2010, 05:52:29 AM »
EBWOP: Actually. Screw this shit. Tickets here.

##Vote: Roukanken

Not a second to waste. I'm sure you wouldn't have any need for it anyway.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #661 on: February 23, 2010, 06:00:00 AM »
Kiro: why did you vote Chaore up to L-1? Was that really necessary?

Chaore: please go commit self-immolation posthaste, thanks.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #662 on: February 23, 2010, 06:05:06 AM »
Chaore: please go commit self-immolation posthaste, thanks.

Same to you, buddy. :V

Ranmilia

• Multiple Intelligencial Yggdrasil Unit
« Reply #663 on: February 23, 2010, 06:08:28 AM »
I think it is technically night now (why exactly is there night in a nightless game?) but hopefully I am still allowed to at least post this.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #664 on: February 23, 2010, 06:12:10 AM »
We're not exactly strict when it comes to night posting.

Hell, we're not exactly strict when it comes to most styles of normally-taboo posting in the game thread.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #665 on: February 23, 2010, 06:25:13 AM »
Uh, holy shit. I end up being busy all day with Appellate Advocacy Competition stuff and I come back to find that a duel both started and ended during my absence.

I'm gonna be pretty damn busy tomorrow too, but I'll try to sneak in a post or two if I can.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #666 on: February 23, 2010, 07:08:55 AM »
We're not exactly strict when it comes to night posting.

Hell, we're not exactly strict when it comes to most styles of normally-taboo posting in the game thread.

Dead people post all the time. Ain't no rule against it :smug:

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
Re: Himelander Mafia Thread (Day 6)
« Reply #667 on: February 23, 2010, 07:19:57 AM »
6. Higurashi Akane (chaos) was defeated by Okuzaki Akira (rou) in The Battle of the Hot Sauce!

15. Harada Chie (cid), Town Photographer was blown up by an ATS missile battery!

It is Round 6! The Hime Star is bloated and foul! There are no special events today!

You have 24 hours to gossip on who will fight today!

Ranmilia

« Reply #668 on: February 23, 2010, 07:35:16 AM »
town.

town. 

why would you do this
why would you do this
why would you do this
why would you do this

Rou what did you get. 

Was it the remote control for an ATX missile strike?

Was it?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #669 on: February 23, 2010, 08:17:13 AM »
So apparently I can win fights without even doing anything. T_T

Anyway now that I've beaten up the Townie that wanted to be beaten up (seriously Chaore what the hell) my shiny thingy is an extra vote. I'm now a doublevoter for the rest of the game.

Unfortunately, this apparently also bumps up the number of votes necessary to actually force a lynch. So yeah.

Ranmilia

« Reply #670 on: February 23, 2010, 08:44:02 AM »
it would be something provable wouldn't it

no, NO, they wouldn't make things EASY now WOULD THEY eheheheh.

you wouldn't think a killer gynoid could go insane now would you.

The logical thing to do at this point is something like Alice vs Jam or Rou vs Kiro but seriously?  How does plan "Alex and maybe Kefit kill everyone" sound?

Kiro's last post is horribly scummy, dropping L-1 for no good reason (everyone voting there was voting for NO GOOD REASON WHY WOULD YOU SNAP VOTE no no calm down ignore that) and blithely supporting Rou.

I'm going to bed now.  My apologies.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #671 on: February 23, 2010, 03:51:33 PM »
God.

DAMMIT.

Ok...we have 8 alive, and scum have claimed at least 1.99 heads. There are two to three scum left alive, and we don't get lylo announcements.

Can we kill Kiro now? Not that I exactly have the best track record anymore for catching scum :S.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #672 on: February 23, 2010, 03:55:15 PM »
Oh yeah! Set up speculation tiem! Remember how Serp suggested Hime Star events could be controlled by scum? Well, perhaps they only get one action per day, and instead of setting the Hime Star, this time they launched missiles.

/Setup speculationz

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #673 on: February 23, 2010, 05:32:26 PM »
I can't take back the L-1 vote and don't intend to. As for what I saw, Jam and Alice had already made their posts and voted which if I recall were opinions that we wanted to be made known. The only people missing are Alex, Kefit, K4U, and Rou himself and other than possibly K4U, I would have a high degree of certainty that the other 3 would vote for Rou's survival.

I should note that in this case, Chaos was darn Town who just has to sit there and let discussion run on. But the onus was on us collectively to not get the vote to L-1 and I messed that up. I will not cop out by saying I was in a rush because I wasn't. However, I do not see the problem with my points on Rou. It would be blind bad luck for TownChaos to throw himself willingly to ScumRou, but he knew that's what he wanted and he trusted his instincts enough to think Rou is Town and I also feel the same way about Rou.

As for this ATS missile thing, it could possibly be Rou's thing, but I doubt it and I think the voting record will show that. Likely Scum motivated if they're scared about the Cop claim which is more or less true now due to Cid's town flip.

As for people who I think are Scum, Alice stands out quite a bit now. His content is minimal and then punctuated by snippets like *headdesk* at the Bard modkill. In other words, you're active lurking and while that's normal for you, it's always a reason I never trust you. You've been able to make long posts so I know you can make the time when necessary. And I don't like how your rhetorical question about my L-1 vote just sits there. It's just waiting to be framed in some fashion so I've put forward what I have of it and will see your response. Little less sure of what to make regarding comments in Day 4 that in some ways urged UK along to challenging Serp rather than Chaos. It's possible rationalization for getting a scumbuddy UK an easier matchup. I doubt Town Alice would have cared nearly as much (as both have flipped Town) and that's really been your only real contribution to the game.

For UK, the ability to pick between 2 people that have flipped Town is just disturbing. The willingness to go for one you thought was less likely to be scum over the other strong suspicion and using words like "appease Town" is just trying to divert the fact that she's picking the match she wants, and did it very quickly with little input from Serp. Even if Serp as a Townie thought it was ok once the challenge was in, it's not good enough. There's also the long spat with Bard who came out to be Town as well as a possible setup. And I'll just throw in the Alice link now for good measure.

K4U's case on UK is a bit weird as she defended Serp correctly while pressing on UK before backing off. If you're annoyed mostly by her playstyle, it's not really a good case and I addressed this earlier along with the idea that she was reaching on some of her cases. Furthermore, the backtrack could just be holding herself back on accusing a scumbuddy UK too seriously or even that she realizes her case is no good. So we'll need to see who you think is Scum now at this point of the game.

Jam is still no content this game. At this point, it seems too apathetic to be Scum but at the same time, any lurking Scum adds +1 to the majority cleanup if they get there so there's value in it. It's a 50/50 chance and given how she says she's been confused all game, I'm not sure how honest that is. I'd like her to respond the most to what's going on these days.

And to talk about Kefit, I disagree with how his content has been overwhelmingly pro-Townie now. There just isn't enough recently and I dislike Alex's personal preference for calling me a lurker earlier and not fingering Kefit. I should also realize that the decision to go for Ciato is neutral at best as winning a duel against Scum really doesn't mean anything. Not really a primary pick for Scum, but I'd put him similar to Jam at this point now except he has some content including the post dissecting Serp and UK.

Rou and Alex are not nearly enough of a priority to place above anybody else even if I dislike Alex's reasoning for wholeheartedly clearing Kefit.

UK: Anything you want to add? I don't see your updated Scum picks since Chaos didn't turn out to be one.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #674 on: February 23, 2010, 05:44:08 PM »

UK: Anything you want to add? I don't see your updated Scum picks since Chaos didn't turn out to be one.

That's basically going to involve a reread from page 10. Which is going to fatigue the hell out of me, especially since I'm adding a step to the process to try to make it readable. I'll try to make sure it gets done today, though.

In other news, I shall be so bold as to compare my play to RKS mafia in my defense. Started out right on the obvscums, then went so horribly wrong. And people thought I was scummy all that game as well. I think we have another case of me being on the wrong cases at the wrong times. Granted, we don't have a convenient cop read on me to save me, which is not good for me. Regardless, I will produce something before the end of this day, even if I'm challenged and slated to be killed. I can't guarantee it will be before the challenge phase ends but I will try to make sure it is.

As for "picking the match I wanted", no, I wanted a match against Chaore but fucked up to the point that I would probably have been giving scum Chaore a head had I challenged him. Course, it turns out he wasn't scum but that was my belief at the time. Basically, I had been defending Serp by accident, and if I had challenged Chaore that likely would have been brought to bear against me, combined with his suicidal attitude, resulting my death.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #675 on: February 23, 2010, 06:20:03 PM »
Well Cid was obviously the cop... seeing as he got blown up. [sigh]
It's now clear that, of course scum has roles to take us down if necessary! I highly doubt Rou was given the bomb as it would be pretty silly to use it right away. The extra vote thing seems to make sense and will be provable as the number of votes we need to end a challenge should go up this next time around.
[Unless it was a missile and then taking the vote of the person who was missiled... but I think that's a bit of a stretch.]

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #676 on: February 23, 2010, 08:58:47 PM »
Chaore, why the heck did you self hammer before all of us could even talk?  I could understand doing that if you're scum, but there's almost never any reason to self-hammer as town. *sigh*  Ah well.  Anyway, I would have voted for Rou for the curious.  I had a scum read on Chaore and a town read on Rou, so it was an easy choice for me.

I think I need to reread the game.  I didn't have a scum read on Kiro before yesterday, but that L-1 vote was suspicious, so I might have just been missing something.  I'll get this done as quickly as I can, but I just got slammed with two school projects, so it might take me a while.  Sorry about that.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #677 on: February 23, 2010, 09:32:45 PM »
*sneaks away from school stuff for a moment*

God dammit, this appellate advocacy competition is eating away at my life more than I could have possibly expected. I will make a substantial post when I get back tonight, barring unfortunate hyperspeed hammers.

Speaking of which, don't do that. Please. Four townie deaths in a row has heavily damaged the advantage that town held after day 3, and #scum could potentially equal #town in just two more duels (or one, if any other seemingly random kills pop up). We need to carefully consider our options now and actively go after percieved scum.

Once again, I'll be back with player reads later tonight.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #678 on: February 23, 2010, 10:51:40 PM »
Okay so I really haven't had the heart to pay much attention to this game today, I'm tired as all hell -_-

What I will say is that I don't like how Kiro's post basically accused everyone of being suspicious for one reason or another. That makes the wall completely and utterly useless. If you list suspicions of everyone, none of them are worth anything.

Would like to see Kiro go today in light of this and the L-1 vote yesterday.

Ranmilia

« Reply #679 on: February 24, 2010, 02:40:56 AM »
Okay it's great that people may or may not come back tomorrow or two days from now or whenever, but we have about five hours to challenge.  (THIS IS WHY INSTANT VOTING IS BAD WE COULD HAVE HAD TWO FULL DAYS TO DISCUSS DURING THAT CHALLENGE)

The posts today are all pretty bad.  Let's go in order.

UK:  The scum don't control the Hime Star conditions, the mod does.  That's pretty obvious just from the way they're portrayed and what they are.  I've run a game with daily conditions like this that Rat played in, too.  Setup speculation is fruitless anyway.  Hunt scum. 

Kiro:  It was your tone on defending Rou that I didn't like.   Agreed with most of the other points, but they're all also fairly obvious and don't give any sort of real direction.  NOBODY should have voted Chaore even close to lynch that quickly, the fault increases with each successive voter.

UK again:  I still don't see any scum hunting here, just self defense and not a great job of it at that. 

Jam:  This post is just a restatement of very obvious events and has no real content!  Much like most of your posting. 

K4U:  Mostly fluff post here again, one thing of substance is saying Kiro's vote was suspicious.  I get a bad vibe from this for some reason since the vote ISN'T particularly suspicious unless you're suspicious of Rou or have other dirt on Kiro - she doesn't mention his tone or his defense of Rou, it reads like she's just parroting that here to take a good sounding stance without examining it.  Think and explain why you say the things you do.

Kefit: says nothing.  augh.

Rou:  Has a good solid point on Kiro's directionlessness.

Alice:  Nothing, because he hasn't posted all day!  augh.

On the snap I favor something Jam vs Alice here, or Rou vs Kiro.  Rou and Kiro are a minefield (and UK is only slightly less of one).  Jam and Alice have both lurked so much it'll be hard to pick between them, though I think I favor Jam to die on the whole here because that last post's recapping and missile talk is an actively scummy tone to me.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #680 on: February 24, 2010, 03:50:35 AM »
I shall start from the page 10 Wall of Text. Ciato and Tom were indeed scum. Chaore and Bard were not. Neither was Serp, a second string choice. Jam and Alice COULD potentially be the scums I overlooked. I'm still not sold on Kiro town. So, from there we continue.

Further, I will make two posts. The long, unabridged wall post of rereadery, and then a compressed post containing more succinct cases on whatever players I conclude are scum. I'll be looking for three names, and list them in order of lynch preference.

This Kefit post bothers me. He's going with the one scum in Tom's group...but seems to be pushing it onto Kilga. Which seems POINTLESS given the fact that Tom and Kilga were both going to flip. But, the non commission to any reads is probably the worst part.

I'll note it's amazing how many holes in the game there are when you filter out dead players. I obviously am not paying as much attention to their posts as living players, although I do read them.

I'll admit that Alex scum would obviously be involved in bussing both Tom and Ciato since he was the only other option, so his history of "catching" them in the challenge doesn't count for as much.

Decent post from Kiro weighing Alex and Ciato, admittedly the two persons of the hour after D2. I see no fault with this post, though Ciato was obv going to hang that day.

Ok, this post from Jam worries me. It softly discredits the possibility of Alex being scum with Tom/Ciato. I think that if it's decided that Jam will die today, and she flips scum, Alex needs to be next. However, I'll still need to decide if Jam is indeed scum.

K4U here does the same thing as Jam. However, I wouldn't tie K4 and Alex as closely together. Why? K4U gives reasoning for why Alex/Tom/Ciato makes little sense, as opposed to Jam saying that would just be weird. Also, claim post, yay, cool.

Ciato was forced against Alex, so if they are scum together, she'd have to bus. Thing is, this feels like genuine scum trying to frame a townie, IMO.

this from Alex makes me feel bad. Alex on his own has been rather town. But...the people he suggests as town don't seem very clean to me. Kiro has fluctuated between good townie and IIoA scum master. Kefit has been mostly IIoA with few reads. I look forward to his post tonight. I'll admit, Kefit feels less scummy than my other picks of Alice and Jam but...Jam is starting to become a null read for me.

Dammit Alex, you know, it's getting a lot harder to believe you are town when you try to argue Kiro is town for "being logical" when being logical is easy when you are providing set up information instead of player analysis. The push for "totally town" bothers me, but it has also come from dead town as well. I still think a more ambivalent read would be more town, and that's why this post bugs me. Other points are good, though Cid was town.

Kefit DOES point out here, quite accurately, that Alex pointing out why Alex vs. Ciato is bad is somewhat townie. Course, that's also where he challenges Ciato with, admittedly good reasoning. Laced with WIFOM but as long as we don't let Kefit win a challenge, we're golden. Letting him live to lylo might be a bad idea as well, thinking on it. Especially given the fact he could be scum who was trying to charge up his missile launcher. That's a conspiracy theory btw. Oh, if we lynch Kefit and he flips scum, also look at Alex and probably Alice or Kiro.

we revisit this post. Still bugs me. Also makes me feel alright about adding a "look at Kiro and/or Alice and Alex if Kefit is scum" qualifier to the last post I commented on.

Revising earlier read. this Jam post makes me want to clear Alex and Kefit if Jam flips scum. Bard obviously flipped town already...

I know there are two townies in this list. I'm willing to guess there's a third if Kefit is scum. It's tenuous but I'll temporarily rule out Kefit/Kiro. So, if Kefit is scum, I want Alex and Alice to hang after him.

Alex starts moving away from Kiro. I also note more people start suspecting Kiro in the pages between Alex's posts. Hmm. Also, the "ridiculousness" barometer as opposed to lynching by scumminess bugs me...

this is better at least, actually qualifying in scum/town terms rather than stupid/smart.

This Kefit post flat bugs me. Especially since he seems to be actively engaging in exactly what he accused me of. Namely this:

Not a big deal, really, but hey, every seed of doubt that a scum can fabricate via a fallacious yet facially appealing argument has the potential of paying off big down the line.

What he does that emulates this is his first attack on Serp. There are six days between the first two posts he mentions. The third point is rather sound, though Serp DID flip town. Overall the facetious tone and the less than compelling nature of all points except the third one also bugs me.

Oh, and note the push for UK v. Serp. Alex also engaged in this IIRC?

Kiro pushes Serp (with minimal reasoning), "clears" Bard, Kefit, and Alex, and pokes Jam and Cid all in the same post. I'm not so sure Kefit/Kiro is as impossible as I though. But...still possible. I'm actually beginning to think that if Kiro is scum, one scum is slipped into those three.

This from Alex does show flexibility. He wasn't trying to close off me challenging Chaos.

Ironically I say Kefit and Alex are town, but generally I back that up with "they aren't in my list"

Alice chimes in pushing for Serp. Chaore has a good point that Alice seemed to REALLY want me to challenge Serp. I am increasingly leaning Alice scum here.

On the flip side, Alice was right about Chaore town.

Alex, who are you talking to here? Chaore or I? It's very important to determine if you were pushing Chaore or Serp against me.

You know? I realized something that will toss out impressions on the last few posts. Chaore and Serpy were BOTH TOWN. Therefore, people who were pushing for either/or of them are more likely to be scum.

Alex just became more scummy, Alice less so. Not sure what to make of Kefit. On the one hand, stuck to Serp over Chaore. On the other, case on Serp wasn't as great as most initially though. But yeah, I'm leaning Alex might really be scum.

this is a beautiful case of pushing more Kefit town while still trying to frame me. Nice, isn't it? Note how OPEN I am as a lynch after Serp flips town.

Jam, I'm going to rename you Polly. Polly has spent another post parroting everything already said. I don't like this.

this post feels like coaching. of myself. I don't know WHY scum would coach town though, so I don't think I can make a point out of this.

this post gives me good vibes on K4U, not that she necessarily bugged me. It was a town v. town challenge, but she was basically going against the tide of everyone else here, which causes her to stand out.

this Kiro post feels like it's half waffle, half opinion on Serp, who was probably going to lose at this point anyway.

I note I haven't really linked Rou posts. This is partially because I've taken no alignment issues with him, and partially because if I argued with every terrible point he's made, I'd merely be rehashing about 30% of my own posts, and making this wall pointlessly bigger.

this post from Kefit feels somewhat townie. Admitting he was wrong and he looks bad, but still rather proactively trying to get opinions and look at the right people...but...hmm...

I keep reading this post. And the only thing I can see is "We can do it! Alex/Kiro scumteam GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~!" (while framing UK)

Polly posts another waffly useless post.

Alex ties himself to Kefit, paints Cid as possible scum (discrediting), then backs off and says his behavior is town. Then pushes lurker lynches + "Me or Kefit should get a prize!"

I'll be honest, the only thing worrying me is Kiro/Alex/Kefit seems too EASY, and that earlier Kefit/Kiro being unlikely post :S. And where does Alice figure in? I want to think he's scum but Kiro/Alex/Kefit doesn't allow for that. I am reasonably sure on Alex/Kiro at this point. But who's the third?

this post also bugs me. All the "pro town" qualities Alex mentions are mostly "He's made the game easier to read". While this is pro town in and of itself, if the content of these "easy" posts isn't up to scratch, it does not count.

this post by Alice...actually doesn't further my push for people who are scum with Alex. It feels like a more townie "I didn't notice anything wrong", the same line I've felt all game til now.

this post from Kiro I think embodies the issues I've had with him all game. There is RARELY analysis of the results of a previous challenge except where ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to keep looking town. Nothing is ever given beyond the minimum. THIS IS NOT TOWN KIRO!

This is all I need

I am certain Alex is scum with this. He's trying to frame Rou (hoping Rou wouldn't get a confirmable bauble), and he knows exactly where the missiles came from.

I also am convinced he's bussing Kiro, but that might be confirmation bias.

As rou pointed out, Kiro painted everyone red

Polly is still useless.

THIS IS WHERE MY WALL OF TEXT ENDS AND CUTS BEGIN. YOU CAN READ ONLY MY RESPONSE TO CUTS IF YOU LIKE. NEXT POST WILL CONTAIN A SUCCINCT SUMMARY OF MY FINDINGS!

Finally, Cuts:

UK:  The scum don't control the Hime Star conditions, the mod does.  That's pretty obvious just from the way they're portrayed and what they are.  I've run a game with daily conditions like this that Rat played in, too.  Setup speculation is fruitless anyway.  Hunt scum.

I did. And caught you. And your buddy Kiro. And...well, Kefit's an odd one. No idea what to say here.

Alright, so that's it...let's see how I can say this.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #681 on: February 24, 2010, 03:51:39 AM »
SUCCINCT POST OF WHY ALEX, KIRO, AND KEFIT NEED TO DIE!

Alex: Alex, Alex, how did I ever find you pro town. I don't want to think you'd be so audacious  as to clear your scumbuddies, but I draw no other conclusion given the REST of your posts. Most notable is several times Alex puts ease of reading over actual scumhunting and putting out opinions. I'll quote myself for another issue I have with your play

Quote from: UK
You know? I realized something that will toss out impressions on the last few posts. Chaore and Serpy were BOTH TOWN. Therefore, people who were pushing for either/or of them are more likely to be scum.

The wiggle room here also bugs me a lot.

Finally, the icing on the cake for my Alex case is this post. As I said in my wall. He is trying to frame Rou. Oh, I didn't realize but he's also forcing Rou to claim the bauble, but that's not amazingly anti-town.

I FULLY SUPPORT ALEX'S DEATH TODAY! PREFERABLY AT THE HANDS OF ROU!

Now, next is Kiro. I tried to drop him, but I couldn't.

Kiro: Bugs me for one main reason I had enlightenment on here. Once again, a quote says it all:

Quote from: UK
this post from Kiro I think embodies the issues I've had with him all game. There is RARELY analysis of the results of a previous challenge except where ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to keep looking town. Nothing is ever given beyond the minimum. THIS IS NOT TOWN KIRO!

The rest of it is just icing. Rou is right, Kiro does accuse EVERYONE in his last post. The L-1 thing is also bad. The  quoted point is really all the new I have to add to the case.

Finally, Kefit.

Kefit: is odd. I really, REALLY do not know how to take him. Honestly, I'm half leaning that I read Kefit scum as collateral damage from Alex/Kiro, hence why he's the last one on my list. Hell, I'm actually not finding much of Kefit encouraging this in my wall. A few of his less reasonable posts bug me, namely the semi-hypocritical post on Serp. But...this is my weakest scum read as I said. Kefit goes from reasonable to IIoA very quickly, and then goes back again. I really want to see his final player analysis.

So, why am I not pushing Alice or Polly* despite finding them scummy in my prior post? I do not know what to conclude from them. I'd replace Alice for Kefit in an instant, probably, I'll produce a case on that if asked, or you can figure it out in my wall. Polly has been parroting things all game, as I said. But she did the same exact thing last game as cop town. honestly, she might just be bad at coming up with her own opinions. She's probably the last "scummy" person I want to die.

At this point, I accept K4U and Rou as town. I never want to see them die. I myself know I'm town but that's not gonna do a lot, ne?

*Polly is Jam. see my wall for why, though it's kinna obvious.

Hopefully this fulfills your need for succinctness, everyone?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #682 on: February 24, 2010, 04:10:08 AM »
Oh, I would like to say I will not be around for challenge deadline, therefore I won't throw out any challenges. I just REALLY would like to see Rou vs. Alex lyk, soon.

Also, Kefit better produce those reads he promised.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #683 on: February 24, 2010, 04:39:47 AM »
My last post was placing people in order of who I think are likely Scum. So if I had my pick of the 3, it'd be Alice, UK, and K4U. Jam can possibly be switched with K4U and Kefit is the dark horse and will be reconsidered if we see a Town flip amongst my top 3. Didn't make that clear enough I guess.

Given UK's recent WoT... Alex as your top choice now? That's pretty nuts. Think about it from a Day 1 perspective. Without knowing what Town has in store for them (like the Cop), why would ScumAlex out 2 of his buddies and then get dragged into the Day 2 mess? You're expecting way too much. And the fact you're glossing over Alice in the WoT just makes me suspect you more.

In regards to Alice v. Jam, I just feel Jam hasn't put up enough of an effort this game to really go into any defense and it's more iffy against Alice. As for me and UK, that's a retarded mess yes and I'd rather not put faith into myself on that one despite what UK has just spouted. The Alex v. Rou suggestion is just retarded to me. I think Alex should just take out Alice or UK.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #684 on: February 24, 2010, 04:59:16 AM »
How much until the challenge deadline?

>>
I really don't know. I suppose it is reasonable to trust Rou to handle whoever we decide to take down next as he does seem fairly town, and just about everyone seems to agree.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #685 on: February 24, 2010, 05:09:06 AM »
>> Well I'm going to sleep.
Likelihood is I won't be back until after challenge deadline.

I'm cool with Rou challenging anyone people agree to... Alex is looking a maybe at this point... but beyond that I really don't see anyone looking at stuff today... not as if I have time to myself... >>

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #686 on: February 24, 2010, 05:23:22 AM »
O...kay. Classes and midterms today made for being relatively busy. Argh, fuck you Chaore. Three hours to challenge. Reading over Kiro's post, it seems to be fairly on the worthless side: a lot of the accusations are garbage: first off that is not active lurking: active lurking is posting a lot yet not having any content, that is not this, that is me looking into the thread and seeing Bard be an idiot, more importantly there is this:
Quote from: Kiro
Little less sure of what to make regarding comments in Day 4 that in some ways urged UK along to challenging Serp rather than Chaos. It's possible rationalization for getting a scumbuddy UK an easier matchup. I doubt Town Alice would have cared nearly as much (as both have flipped Town) and that's really been your only real contribution to the game.
No, that is daft: this is still a game of mafia, and as Serp noted, it is still Town's priority to catch Scum. I personally thought Chaore was likely Town, principally due to the fact that if he were Scum he was actively throwing the game constantly and playing against his faction which is not the greatest reasoning but imho still valid, whereas Serp was more likely to, y'know, actually be Scum.

Oh, and why would I as Town only have cared about getting a Town lynch? Um, while lynching Town is not as bad here as it is in other games, Town still principally wants to off Scum, and this is why I preferred a Serp matchup over a Chaore matchup against UK that day. Why are these even accusations. What is this I don't even.

Your points on everyone else are at best worthless (so do you think K4U's actions actually are Scummy in the end or not? what is your case on UK? was it really necessary to implicate Rou in the ATS missile battery? etc), and you also seem to not lack a clear direction of who might be A GOOD TARGET for today oh my god.

Then we get to UK. What the fuck.

First off, if you claim Scum-Alex, you are claiming that the clusterfuck on D2 was some kind of masterful gambit to make Alex look good at the expense of Two Scum. While not impossible, this is honestly extremely goddamn implausible. Second of all, while I do admit that his praise for Kefit goes over the top at several times, the points he makes in the post you linked in the tl;dr version are all legitimate: unlike the vast majority of Town here, he isn't being a derpsicle, using "mindhax"-type techniques, posts useful, intelligent posts and his cases are clear, backed-up with evidence and easy to read and infer claims from. This is an extremely good thing. Combined with the fact that he has not done anything overtly Scummy makes him fairly low-priority on my Scum list.

FWIW, I don't blame Alex poking Rou about the ATX Missile Strike, it is a valid thing to consider given the circumstances. I DO blame Kiro asking about it, since he asked already AFTER Rou clarified this point.

Oh and what's all this with you and Roukan being so ridiculously Pro-Town. Why is he so Pro-Town? If you're faulting Alex for claiming that Kefit is very Townie while having insufficient evidence to backup your claims with, then don't do the same bloody thing yourself, it makes you look like a goddamn hypocrite.

So your case on Kefit is basically nonexistent, and yet you want him to die? Why? You claim that Jam might be Scum and while the meta tells are similar to RKS Mafia where she was Cop Town keep in mind that she is still a fairly new player and we have a meta pool of 1 (One) game for her and thus trying to use Meta to determine her alignment is quite possibly the most failure-prone thing imagineable oh my god anyway you want Kefit to die over someone who has done very little except parrot cases, by your own statements? You claim that Kefit is Scum because Alex is Scum, despite that the ties are largely one-sided Alex->Kefit and Scum-Alex could just be trying to set up Kefit's death on the slight case that perhaps he would ever die?

Oh my god.

Definetly support UK vs. Kiro at the moment unless some other bit of extremely important information comes up soon. Oh my god. Seriously, what the fuck, you two. Not totally against myself vs. Jam or Kefit vs. Jam either. Do not want Alex vs. anyone right now. DO NOT want Roukanken vs. anyone right now. In fact really I do not want anything other than UK/Kiro right now as nobody else looks nearly as awful as those two and it's also very unlikely that they are Scum together or both Town.

Would like to see another post from Alex, Kefit, Kiro and UK before deadline. Posts from everyone else would be great for that matter, thanks, an actual non-regurgitated case with a definitive stance on someone's Scumminess from Jam would be wonderful for one thing.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #687 on: February 24, 2010, 05:26:57 AM »
Dear everyone trying to claim that Roukan should try to challenge someone: why is Roukan so Pro-Town? He hasn't done anything Scummy but y'know Scum have to act Townie as well in order to survive you giant derpsicles. On top of that he's already taken one head and also gotten some kind of shiny bauble as a reward for it which he claims is a doublevoter power. Why do we want him to potentially take a second head when his alignment is still undetermined?

No, it's not a case for him being *likely* Scum, I'm just wondering why the fuck you are putting so much trust in him when HE CAN STILL POTENTIALLY BE SCUM.

Ranmilia

« Reply #688 on: February 24, 2010, 05:32:58 AM »
I'm here, I just have no idea what to say to that UK wall.  It's like I've stepped into the Twilight Mafia Zone.  Fortunately Alice has finally come out of the woodwork with what is possibly the best post in the entire game to date, summing up everything I would like to have said but was too burnt out on this game to actually put into words.  Color me impressed.  I agree with virtually everything Alice said there.  UK vs Kiro or someone against Jam sounds very very good.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #689 on: February 24, 2010, 05:39:03 AM »
100 minutes before challenge deadline!
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"