Author Topic: Himelander Mafia Thread (Over! Scum Win!)  (Read 73802 times)

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
Re: Himelander Mafia Thread (Day 6)
« Reply #690 on: February 24, 2010, 05:39:31 AM »
I'm sorry that you all have lost the game in your complacency. Just kill me now.

But Rou better be the one to do it.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #691 on: February 24, 2010, 05:43:06 AM »
It's like I've stepped into the Twilight Mafia Zone.
This ENTIRE GAME has felt like that to some extent >_>, though I think the true moment when Rat got swapped out for Rod Serling was probably around the time of Chaore's self-hammer yesterday.

@UK: No. Fuck you. WHY is Roukan so Pro-Town? Tell me this? At this point I'm starting to wonder if you two are Scum together and you somehow want him to gain Towniepoints(TM) except that doesn't make any sense except that makes him look MORE suspicious so what the fuck is your reasoning I mean seriously what is this I don't even.

At this point I want a UK vs. Kiro match. I do NOT want to see a UK. vs. Roukan match.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #692 on: February 24, 2010, 05:53:04 AM »
Ok, didn't realize deadline was so soon.

And I'm going to have to respond to Alice's megawall, but for now:

##Challenge UncertainKitten

I'll be back in the evening my time.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #693 on: February 24, 2010, 05:55:16 AM »
CHALLENGE SET!  Let Kiro and UncertainKitten duel to the death!

You have 48 hours.  With 8 alive, it takes 5 to decide a winner.

Ranmilia

• Multiple Intelligencial Yggdrasil Unit
« Reply #694 on: February 24, 2010, 05:56:23 AM »
Curious, Alice, why would you not want to see Rou vs UK there? 

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #695 on: February 24, 2010, 06:19:07 AM »
@Alex: Let's break down the alignment tree:

I am making this in the assumption that Roukan wins, since it is clear this is the avenue that UK wanted in her last post that made me go "No, do not do that, that is suspicious as all hell." Anyway, matchups:

Town Roukan/Town UK - no issues, beyond UK being an idiot.
Town Roukan/Scum UK - again, no issues (Roukan would have no need to lie about his doublevote working for the rest of the game with no need for any form of recharging) and we lynched Scum so yay!
Scum Roukan/Town UK - UK is an idiot, Scum get another head. Bad.
Scum Roukan/Scum UK - at this point, some things might make sense, it is plausible that Roukan could be lying and his power is something else that requires recharging. If UK saw she was ultimately screwed and going to die then letting another Scumbuddy recharge a known useful power is strictly better than nothing (or even worse, letting some Townie recharge his power!)

Basically, there is insufficient justification for Roukan to be a champion right now if we assume Scum-UK, there are better people for a matchup today anyway, not to mention that anyone specifically asking for someone else to off them raises warning flags for me.

This is combined with the fact that both UK and Kiro look terrible, both of them have a large amount of evidence against them, I outlined this in my previous post, and at absolute worst we are looking at Scum vs. Scum (though this seems implausible, what with UK bussing Kiro for multiple days now and then turning around and posting her latest "well kill me now" post which is all kinds of baffling and what) which is still favourable for us. Honestly I think it is extremely unlikely that both of them are Town, on top of this them both looking horrible lets us get some people to make definite stances, which we haven't really had anyone do on other than D4: there was a bit of it D1, D2 the choice was painfully obvious, D3 the choice was so obvious that the day ended early, and D5...the less said about D5 the better. Given LYLO is coming up soon forcing people to make some stances is a lot better than creating unilateral matchups (because let's face it, in a Rou vs. UK match a good chunk of people are going to steamroll anyway: so far this game has been terrible in the reasoning department), so overall I find the UK vs. Roukan matchup a bad one, as opposed to the UK vs. Kiro one which I find to be much better in a lot of ways.

Ranmilia

« Reply #696 on: February 24, 2010, 06:25:07 AM »
Acceptable.

Part 2

Who you gonna vote for?

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #697 on: February 24, 2010, 06:46:42 AM »
Need to do a full reread of both. Will have a post with a vote up in the morning. At the moment I am not sure: I am tentatively leaning Kiro (latest post looks absolutely terrible but there is enough good content there which puts him above UK, also I have had issues with UK this entire game really and after the last couple days it's similarly gotten really terrible) but that may very well wind up changing upon a reread.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #698 on: February 24, 2010, 06:57:22 AM »
I know we've got people that are feeling fed up but it's well past the time for soft prods.

Everyone this game is guilty of being a jackass proportional to how much they've posted. Cut out the poeslik behavior right now.

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #699 on: February 24, 2010, 07:34:35 AM »
Holy shit.

Holy fucking shit.

I'm finally home. But guess what. I won today's round in the competition, so I get to be busy all day tomorrow too!

I don't have time for a vigorous prosecution now or a careful dissection of the thread, but I'll go over some things on my mind.

First, I agree that Alex's praise for me has seemed saccharine. So has how agreeable he has been with my viewpoints. But this hasn't been one sided - I find myself agreeing with almost everything he says too. Hell, I even agree with him that Alice just made some of the best posts this game has seen. Alex and I just seem to be operating on the same wavelength. Furthermore, most plans Alex has supported have been detrimental to scum in some way, which makes it very hard for me to put him in scum shoes. I can only conclude that this is either a genuine case of experienced, well-reasoned townies seeing eye to eye throughout a game filled with complete lunacy from town, or a completely masterful scum gambit. While the latter is a distinct possibility, I think it's highly unlikely.

Rou bugs me now. Day one he persistently presented theories and strategies detrimental to town, like:

I think honestly the best thing we have running in our favour is this: If we end up having Townies fighting Townies, we can't lose.

These ideas may be honest mistakes resulting from the novel nature of the game. But the missile strike last night really bugs me despite Rou's bauble explanation. I'd really like Rou to demonstrate his doublevote power today to confirm that it really exists, but I can't think of any scheme to do this short of giving equal votes to Kiro and UK and seeing who survives. And this scheme is probably an impossibility to pull off.

It should be noted that, even if Rou does indeed have doublevote power, in the event he is scum that power could be quite the liability for us. Is that a liability we want to chance? I'm not entirely sure that an extra town vote is all that useful for us if it can't be used to fend off LyLo...then again, we may be facing LyLo tomorrow, so this would be a very bad grounds to kill him on alone.

Moving on, Alice made the best fucking post in this thread. Go Alice (though it certainly took you long enough). This post screams town in the even-handed way it has approached the players this game and in the manner in which it warns us to still be cautious about players like Rou. Alice gets a pass from me for now.

kitten4u and jam: I don't even know. k4u has niggled at my mind a bit here and there, and Jam hasn't done anything at all. Since they aren't on the chopping block I will abstain on commenting on them until I get time to give the thread a proper reread.

Kiro vs UK: I've concentrated far more on UK than I have on Kiro this game, so my bias here is clear. While Kiro hasn't exactly been a beacon of towniness, UK's play has bugged me the entire game. Still, I think a reread is in order before I cast a definitive vote either way. Please remember that I will be incredibly busy for one more day; if you guys hammer and move on before I get a chance to comment further then I can't really do much here.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #700 on: February 24, 2010, 10:25:19 AM »
And the two people I've been most uncomfortable over both end up being in the challenge. :|

Anyway, Kefit, I sort of figured the vote count would show I had an extra vote. Put my name there twice, or raise the count one vote higher or something like that. Guess the best way to find out is to drop a vote and see what happens.

As for where to put it...this choice is hard for me. I've made points about the two, but if I sat and thought about it UK's posts are probably more likely to be from a well-intended-but-thoroughly-clueless Townie than Kiro's. Then again her suicidal call here could be AtE and WIFOM...consider me willing to go either way here, and having trouble determining which of these two is actually MORE scummy.

##Vote: UncertainKitten

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #701 on: February 24, 2010, 12:20:03 PM »
Shizuru vs Nao in a REVENGE MATCH!!! Who will prevail? The Tea-Drinking, Mother-Slaying President, or the Finger-Lickin', Man-Baitin' Delinquent?

ShizurUK (2): Roukanken, Hakurou(kan)ken
KirNao (0):

5 votes necessary for someone to be transformed into chunky salsa

44 hours or so remaining to decide whether or not the best character dies

(yes that is rou twice.)

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #702 on: February 24, 2010, 02:31:29 PM »
Did I say morning? I meant afternoon, evidently. Assignment took longer than expected, I am up to the end of D3 on a reread. So far Kiro looks very good and UK looks awful, but Kiro didn't really start looking Scummy until around late D3/early D4 so yeah. I would continue the reread right now but I have classes right now until 3:30PMish EST which I don't really want to skip so yeah.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #703 on: February 24, 2010, 02:48:23 PM »
No, Alice. fuck YOU. Fuck you with a goddamned hammer sideways three feet into your small intestine.

Now you ass holders are going to give Kiro a head because I'm not "pro town" enough for your little club of concise, succinct, SCUMMY AS FUCK POSTERS! At least I believe Alex and Kefit have reasons for approving such bad posts, but I, for some reason, think you are possibly town, Alice. Yet you are acting just as retarded as the rest of them.

Now that that's out of the way, I actually apparently have a shot at winning and against my better judgement I will answer points against me rather than washing my hands of this game and letting you fucktards kill yourselves. You all MORE than deserve it.

I'd also like to state I expected to conclude Alice, Polly, Kiro. The fact I DIDN'T conclude that surprises me immensely and attaches me more to my current reads.

And, finally, before I trawl through the response walls to my wall, I'd like to ask one thing. When the game is over, and you all lose for not listening to me, and I have 2/3 or 3/3 from my wall, you all better not fucking discredit me for being right because I didn't express it in your "ABC Guide to mafia" playstyle. I'm sick of being right and letting go because I don't play "normally". I'm sick of being right and having no leg to stand on in postgame and being ignored, again. I'm sick of all the bullshit I go through for accusing the "pro-town" players when sometimes they actually ARE scum, in an environment that calls BAD PLAYERS SCUMMY

Alright, I think I feel better now. Onto responses.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #704 on: February 24, 2010, 02:55:50 PM »
Before leaving, there is one thing that came up in my reread that I would like to point out:

Alex's post #183: he recommends a Tom vs. Ciato fight for D2 as early as D1, i.e. before the special Hime Star condition came into play. Considering that everything points to the mod deciding on Hime Star conditions, there really is virtually no way that Alex could have predicted the teams matchup on D2, and there is no reason why Scum would inheritly support a Scum vs. Scum matchup as early as day freaking one, to take place on day freaking two. I don't know how anyone who still thinks that Alex-Scum is a likely occurrence has somehow kept missing this. It effectively quashes the possibility that Tom's D2 move was a gambit on Scum's part completely.

Edible

« Reply #705 on: February 24, 2010, 03:07:59 PM »
UK, one more outburst like that and I will probate you from the forums.  Are we clear?

Edit: The same goes for anyone slinging insults and vileness.  This is a game.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 03:10:20 PM by Goshujinsama »

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #706 on: February 24, 2010, 03:12:45 PM »
Given UK's recent WoT... Alex as your top choice now? That's pretty nuts. Think about it from a Day 1 perspective. Without knowing what Town has in store for them (like the Cop), why would ScumAlex out 2 of his buddies and then get dragged into the Day 2 mess? You're expecting way too much. And the fact you're glossing over Alice in the WoT just makes me suspect you more.

See, obviously if it is some masterful scum gambit, it would have worked. The only issue I have with my line of reasoning is that Alex is not likely to get another head until endgame. Except GUESS WHAT!? You people want to HAND him heads right before lylo. Alex CLEARLY thinks in the long term. I think this "masterful scum gambit" thing you all say couldn't happen, actually has.

And you want to know how this is cemented?

In regards to Alice v. Jam, I just feel Jam hasn't put up enough of an effort this game to really go into any defense and it's more iffy against Alice. As for me and UK, that's a retarded mess yes and I'd rather not put faith into myself on that one despite what UK has just spouted. The Alex v. Rou suggestion is just retarded to me. I think Alex should just take out Alice or UK.

Hi thar trying to give your scumbuddy heads. I'm slightly more sure Alice is town, though it's WIFOM.

--------------------------------------------------------

Polly once again parrots what has already been said. Seriously, that's annoying. Post original content!

Quote from: Alice

First off, if you claim Scum-Alex, you are claiming that the clusterfuck on D2 was some kind of masterful gambit to make Alex look good at the expense of Two Scum. While not impossible, this is honestly extremely goddamn implausible.

Well could you honestly extremely goddamn explain WHY it's so implausable given how many people are calling for Alex to take heads in recent days?

Combined with the fact that he has not done anything overtly Scummy makes him fairly low-priority on my Scum list.

Alex or Kefit? Very important.

Oh and what's all this with you and Roukan being so ridiculously Pro-Town. Why is he so Pro-Town? If you're faulting Alex for claiming that Kefit is very Townie while having insufficient evidence to backup your claims with, then don't do the same bloody thing yourself, it makes you look like a goddamn hypocrite.

Wow, this post makes you look like a goddamn Strawmanner ^-^. Alex has explained why Kefit is town. It's just his explanation blows, and his entire scumhunting style has not been scumhunting. It's been bad player hunting. I'm amazed you haven't realized this yet. Alex has BLATANTLY used words like "ridiculousness", "incoherentness", stuff like that rather than directly assessing "scumminess!". Now, as for Rou, that is a pure gut read. I'm sorry if this explanation blows as well, but at least I think Rou is TOWN, not just an amazingly coherent easy to read poster and thusly town from that.

So your case on Kefit is basically nonexistent, and yet you want him to die? Why? You claim that Jam might be Scum and while the meta tells are similar to RKS Mafia where she was Cop Town keep in mind that she is still a fairly new player and we have a meta pool of 1 (One) game for her and thus trying to use Meta to determine her alignment is quite possibly the most failure-prone thing imagineable oh my god anyway you want Kefit to die over someone who has done very little except parrot cases, by your own statements? You claim that Kefit is Scum because Alex is Scum, despite that the ties are largely one-sided Alex->Kefit and Scum-Alex could just be trying to set up Kefit's death on the slight case that perhaps he would ever die?

Now, you see, if I strip your condescending tone, this is actually what worries me most. Notice how I want Kefit to die LAST! I'm hoping to see if it bears following up on after Kiro and Kefit die. I even ADMIT that Kefit's case is mostly collateral scumminess plus a couple posts that bug me. It's mainly his Serp case that has me leaning more than "being set up" by Alex. But that means I'd have to swap you or Jam in. And honestly, I could do either, I just really don't know who.

Definetly support UK vs. Kiro at the moment unless some other bit of extremely important information comes up soon. Oh my god. Seriously, what the fuck, you two. Not totally against myself vs. Jam or Kefit vs. Jam either. Do not want Alex vs. anyone right now. DO NOT want Roukanken vs. anyone right now. In fact really I do not want anything other than UK/Kiro right now as nobody else looks nearly as awful as those two and it's also very unlikely that they are Scum together or both Town.

Now I want to swap you in with Kiro. You know one of us is town. Yet you propose town vs. scum in what is probably THE most cloudy challenge yet. How does this advantage town at all?
I'm here, I just have no idea what to say to that UK wall.  It's like I've stepped into the Twilight Mafia Zone.  Fortunately Alice has finally come out of the woodwork with what is possibly the best post in the entire game to date, summing up everything I would like to have said but was too burnt out on this game to actually put into words.  Color me impressed.  I agree with virtually everything Alice said there.  UK vs Kiro or someone against Jam sounds very very good.

Yes, Alex, let someone else do the work for you. It's easier to look pro town if someone else is defending you. Yanno what? Maybe Alice IS scum instead of Kefit.

@UK: No. Fuck you. WHY is Roukan so Pro-Town? Tell me this? At this point I'm starting to wonder if you two are Scum together and you somehow want him to gain Towniepoints(TM) except that doesn't make any sense except that makes him look MORE suspicious so what the fuck is your reasoning I mean seriously what is this I don't even.

Because he's playing like Rou town. You should know this.

This is combined with the fact that both UK and Kiro look terrible, both of them have a large amount of evidence against them, I outlined this in my previous post, and at absolute worst we are looking at Scum vs. Scum (though this seems implausible, what with UK bussing Kiro for multiple days now and then turning around and posting her latest "well kill me now" post which is all kinds of baffling and what) which is still favourable for us. Honestly I think it is extremely unlikely that both of them are Town, on top of this them both looking horrible lets us get some people to make definite stances, which we haven't really had anyone do on other than D4: there was a bit of it D1, D2 the choice was painfully obvious, D3 the choice was so obvious that the day ended early, and D5...the less said about D5 the better. Given LYLO is coming up soon forcing people to make some stances is a lot better than creating unilateral matchups (because let's face it, in a Rou vs. UK match a good chunk of people are going to steamroll anyway: so far this game has been terrible in the reasoning department), so overall I find the UK vs. Roukan matchup a bad one, as opposed to the UK vs. Kiro one which I find to be much better in a lot of ways.

On the one hand, you are right unilaterals this late don't provide much information. On the other, you ARE risking a scum gaining a head if you ARE town, and I'm not sure it's justified with Kiro. Then again, I know I'm town and I'm decently certain on who's scum.

Kefit makes me ambivalent again. It has terrible, TERRIBLE reads in it. But it feels like a townie who just has too much damned confirmation bias. I am almost willing to swap in Alice instead of him but...dammit, I partially feel my Alice hate has to do with his FRUSTRATINGLY annoying attitude. Yes, the same attitude I seem to have. No wonder we rarely get along in game. I don't know what to do to resolve this either...

Look, everyone who's not stuck their head in the ground. Let me put it this way. Kefit, Alex, Kiro, and Alice are ALL players you catch on minor tells. They don't make major scum mistakes. If my cases seem weak that's because it's THAT HARD to catch them. Yes, this is a burden of proficiency and I don't expect you to just take my word for it. But please, reread them!, draw conclusions, and please look for minor things as opposed to major acting out. More importantly look for things that don't sound like they come from townies as opposed to things a bad player would say.

As for where to put it...this choice is hard for me. I've made points about the two, but if I sat and thought about it UK's posts are probably more likely to be from a well-intended-but-thoroughly-clueless Townie than Kiro's. Then again her suicidal call here could be AtE and WIFOM...consider me willing to go either way here, and having trouble determining which of these two is actually MORE scummy.

Rou, you've come this far to reading me. Just take the final step. Don't excuse my AtE/WIFOM. But, consider UK, not just "a mafia player". How would UK handle this situation as town?

Alex's post #183: he recommends a Tom vs. Ciato fight for D2 as early as D1, i.e. before the special Hime Star condition came into play. Considering that everything points to the mod deciding on Hime Star conditions, there really is virtually no way that Alex could have predicted the teams matchup on D2, and there is no reason why Scum would inheritly support a Scum vs. Scum matchup as early as day freaking one, to take place on day freaking two. I don't know how anyone who still thinks that Alex-Scum is a likely occurrence has somehow kept missing this. It effectively quashes the possibility that Tom's D2 move was a gambit on Scum's part completely.

Ah, I see.

Mmmmn...nope, not buying the clear. It has the same effect as the D2 challenge did. Alex looks amazingly good after suggesting that,and actually, with the bonus that the survivor of Tom vs. Ciato might live, but not get any more heads. You must realize, Alice that a "Masterful scum gambit (TM)" would involve Tom vs. Ciato in some way. Again, I'm ambivalent. This almost feels like Town Alice trying to guard against the implausible, but...you are using what I see to be rather weak reasonings to justify Alex town. And this bothers me. A lot.

Cut by Edible:

UK, one more outburst like that and I will probate you from the forums.  Are we clear?

Edit: The same goes for anyone slinging insults and vileness.  This is a game.

Edible, one more person insulting me in this game and I will fucking request my modkill. Are we clear?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #707 on: February 24, 2010, 03:13:28 PM »
EBWOP: All the above was posted before I saw Edible's post, except for the cut responding to it. I don't think I say anything too outbursty except some vulgar parallelism against Alice. If that's too much, I apologize.

Edible

« Reply #708 on: February 24, 2010, 03:26:38 PM »
This is rapidly becoming an escalation of hostilities and I will not have it.  Mafia should not be exempt from this forum's standards of decency, because this is a game and I expect some civility.

UK, you are way out of line as the most egregious violator of civility in this game, but the rules apply to anyone and everyone, and you just happen to be not the only one slinging far too much mud.  There are lines that have been crossed in this game that are completely unreasonable for this forum and should never have been crossed.

From here on out if there is any needless antagonism in this game I will remove the offender from MotK, no matter who you are or what history you have here.

Edible

« Reply #709 on: February 24, 2010, 03:34:40 PM »
I will also state that players have been warned multiple times in this thread alone to keep it clean.  There will be no more warnings.

Kiro

« Reply #710 on: February 24, 2010, 04:16:50 PM »
Re Alice's #686: You lurk, that's how it goes with your playstle and I've felt you've been largely absent for everything except the Day 4 proceedings. In rereading #488, UK says she'll challenge Chaos and in #491, you ask why not Serp. Looks like a bit of a nudge to go a certain way. Even if you said you needed more of a read on Serp in #481, it feels like a bit of an interject there as UK doesn't really suggest going for Chaos since she feels she'd lose. And you also angle for Chaos to possibly go for Serp over UK in #498 and #500. All of it even when you said in #481 that Serp would probably be "a better target than Chaos but a worse one than UK" and you bumping Serp up to the top without even providing analysis of any reread you did. Where did this shift come from? Because there's nothing in between #481 and UK's challenge. It gives me the impression of giving UK a match she could win or at least avoid losing given the way people were leaning.

K4U's actions look bad not in the Serp defense, but the UK attack. She charges after UK and then backs off and even apologizes a few posts after. For someone who voted Serp on a gut read, you didn't really advocate defending him that much and then you even give leeway to UK at the same time. It's only as if you're stating an opinion rather than being interested in preventing a possible Scum from getting a head.

And I never implicated Rou on the ATS missile thing. That point was a response to Alex's response which questioned Rou on it. Even if Rou responded with a predictable denial of it, I don't know if Alex would push it further. And I clarified what my favored stances were today. I've advocated a stance for each day's challenge from Day 4 when we finally got past the early game shenanigans. Cid v Chaos on Day 4, Alex v UK on Day 5, and Alex v Alice or UK on Day 6.

---

Back to UK: her cases on her top 3 suck and are scummy, particularly for trying to advocate Alex's death. It's so out of left field it looks desparate. And you linked Alex as Scum because I was Scum in your eyes and ok with Alex taking people out? I wasn't aware that Alex getting a kill on a scummy looking person was ever a bad idea until today and I still don't believe it is. KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) suggests Alex wouldn't be Scum with how he acted. Throwing Kefit into this trio makes even less sense. Because in such a case, Scum only have 1 head (Kilga's). Why have Alex suggest me versus you knowing that I as his scumbuddy has a decent chance of losing? It'd be easier if he did the kill and while people would be perplexed, I doubt they'd ever challenge him right away. That's all I have to say about your theory. The rest has been stated before. Furthermore with your WoT, the Kefit case is so fringe so I see you jumping to implicate your buddy Alice then jumping back repeatedly. Getting a little Townie points in while still trying to maintain suspicion on your original case. It really makes you look clueless as to who to accuse which is only natural because these picks don't make sense at all and are scummingly bad to advocate.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #711 on: February 24, 2010, 04:22:23 PM »
At this point, Kiro. you are resolute, as well as scum. I'm done listening to you until you have a real point. Your wall of "why I'm wrong" doesn't ring true. Not desperate, since apparently I'm just a lunatic who will do the town good to die, but untrue.

Because in such a case, Scum only have 1 head (Kilga's).

1.99 heads, actually. But yeah. And? We are probably close to lylo assuming 5 scum. After you get my head all you need is town v. town or to kill a townie and the game's over. Alex's position is CLEARLY at an all time high almost PURELY because of his gambit. the obfuscation in your last post appals me.

Why have Alex suggest me versus you knowing that I as his scumbuddy has a decent chance of losing?

Do you really think you'd lose, even before my wall?

The rest of your post is chaff but I had to correct a couple points.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #712 on: February 24, 2010, 07:57:01 PM »
As much as UK is acting out of line, it still reads as frustrated Town more than Kiro reads as misguided Town. Hence my vote stays for now.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #713 on: February 24, 2010, 09:37:46 PM »
I'll put myself to live-2. We don't need any quickhammer shenanigans. I would like Kiro to vote himself since I assume he wants to live

##Vote: UncertainKitten

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #714 on: February 24, 2010, 09:43:09 PM »
Not done reading but going to make a statement anyway.

I've got class in 20 minutes after which I have a 2 hour break before 2 more hours of class.
I'm going to start rereading UK & Kiro in those 2 hours as that will clearly be necessary as this is probably the first time it hasn't been overly obvious who should be voted for [which is really a good thing]

Looks like everyone is busy so it should go without saying: DON'T HAMMER ANY TIME SOON GUYS

Ranmilia

« Reply #715 on: February 24, 2010, 10:38:59 PM »
The antagonism and various factors are really sapping my motivation for this game as well.  I'm afraid to even respond to UK in any way because attempting to refute her positions could be construed as incivility, and the staff are unfortunately not being particularly clear on what is and isn't kosher.  I apologize if my ramblings early in this day offended anyone. 

It's probably pretty obvious what I think here though.  UK's accusations are completely baseless.  I'm not sure whether she's scum or another townie having a meltdown, but at this point I'm inclined to think scum given how she's been barking up the wrong trees all game, then turning around and pulling oratorical tricks to make herself look better. 

One thing in particular that's bugged me for a while is her repeating taglines about stats: "I'm 2 for 5, so..." and similar multiple times.  It reads very much like a rhetorical flourish scum might use to make themselves sound better, I've done similar things as scum in the past.  It's scummy here in particular because the 2 she gave herself credit for... I don't think she should.  I myself was the one who pointed out Tom and Ciato's behavior on day 1.  My accusation and suggestion of Ciato vs Tom is what prompted Tom to fire off his quickchallenge and led to the deaths of two scum.  UK jumped on the wagon afterwards, when their scumminess was clear and their deaths already assured.  She wasn't part of the formative case on them.  Nothing she said actually helped contribute to their pseudo-lynches. 

So in reality, UK wasn't 2 for 5 at all, she was 0 for 3 on her own cases, and has since expanded that to 0 for 5 with Bard and Chaore (and 0/6 or 0/7 if you count myself and Kefit) while continuing to... how can I put this... conduct discussion in a forceful manner that makes people afraid to disagree with her for reasons entirely unrelated to the actual logical strength of her cases.  Two townies now have preferred suicide to trying to deal with her.  Yet she persists in these techniques and continues to try to browbeat the entire town into agreeing with her - and it's already won her Rou's doublevote, both of them clearing each other on nothing but gut.  While I continue to have misgivings about Kiro, I can't see this as anything but incredibly proscum behavior from UK, and I am now very worried about Rou as well. 

##Vote: Kiro

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #716 on: February 24, 2010, 11:12:18 PM »
Well, Alex, mostly, incivility would be what I've done all game by bringing vulgar language, personal attacks, and otherwise unacceptable behavior. It's unfortunate that I form an example of that, but...well, hopefully post game we can work out our differences and I myself can figure out how to clean up my playstyle of so much emotion.

So, to your two paragraphs all I have to say is "whatever". I can't really counter them, though I disagree with:

Nothing she said actually helped contribute to their pseudo-lynches.

My wall might not have helped contribute due to obviously no one reading, though I did stay on them, but I don't think it was clearly a case of Ciato scum when I called her out.

When I flip town I hope my fellow townies will take a closer look at you, regardless of the ludricousness a "masterful scum gambit" from a good player apparently is. I realize I'm not a good case builder. I've never really looked at my stats for "caught scum" for my final cases. I know that my early cases tend to lead to bad results so 2 for 5 (which I still maintain holds) was rather surprising to me, though even I acknowledged they were obvious. In RKS my gut pointed me towards three players. I was right for 2 out of three but too damn scared of the repercussions to really push it. After all, almost everyone thought they were town. So, obviously, I was right to be scared since now that I've explored that avenue (quite by accident), I'm getting killed.

Good luck, all.

So in reality, UK wasn't 2 for 5 at all, she was 0 for 3 on her own cases, and has since expanded that to 0 for 5 with Bard and Chaore (and 0/6 or 0/7 if you count myself and Kefit) while continuing to

Um...what? Not QUITE apt but...uh...yeah.

So, you say Tom and Chaore don't count. Meaning my remaining three cases were Kiro, Bard, and Chaore. So, that's 0/2, with 1/3 unflipped. How do you know Kiro's alignment?

Further, if I do include you and Kefit, (which also amazes me how you know his alignment), well, I still have 2/3 unflipped as well.

we don't even reach 7. Where are these mysterious two cases?

Ranmilia

« Reply #717 on: February 25, 2010, 02:55:02 AM »
I dunno, you tell me.  Truth be told I never managed to figure out who your other three early suspects were.  But since you were the one who claimed to be 2/5 before Bard and Chaore flipped... how did YOU know the alignments of the other three?  Yeah, I see what happened there now, you meant that they were pending, but the tone seemed otherwise. 

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #718 on: February 25, 2010, 03:04:09 AM »
I play with a style of certainty to increase the value of my pressure. What's your excuse? Especially when you are claiming people town as opposed to scum?

Course, I screwed up. I should have said 3/5 unflipped instead of 2/3.

Either way, your 7 appears to come from, well, nowhere.

Kiro

« Reply #719 on: February 25, 2010, 04:22:49 AM »
Likewise, I'm done worrying about how your views are totally different from mine and Town's. And I wasn't aware you were willing to die to me. Hence, there'd be a debate about the 2 of us with no certain outcome given our cases. I only expect to do my best and leave it up to Town since that's how it always works.

Anyways, I'm going from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore this afternoon. I'll try to get online again this evening, hopefully it won't be a problem.

##Vote Kiro