Author Topic: Himelander Mafia Thread (Over! Scum Win!)  (Read 74734 times)

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
Re: Himelander Mafia Thread (Day 4)
« Reply #420 on: February 19, 2010, 12:10:30 AM »
Any good objections to this?

Besides Ciato being dead flipped scum ^-^?

If I'm going to go down per town opinion, I'd prefer Ciato do it so you guys get some info on his claim. Which I'd hope you guys not mess the hell up on. In fact, there is absolutely no reason for Ciato to NOT be the challenger. If he is scum, this nabs us third scum down. If he is not, we get this magical power of his, which should probably nab third scum. If I am scum, then we get the third scum down anyway.

I don't get the first part? If he is scum and you are town you just gave scum a head. Though I doubt you're town

that said...I could support a

##Fakevote El Cideon vs. CHAOS

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #421 on: February 19, 2010, 12:11:05 AM »
Where did he explicitly say it like that? It feels like misrep.
Well, as I mentioned before, Tom's strategy made less sense for a townie than for scum, but it still makes so little sense as scum that I wouldn't be at all surprised if it were a total red herring to have us pick more (potentially scum) outside players to off you and Ciato.
Quoted from here.

Chaore: Besides, uh...the fact that Ciato is already dead? >_>

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #422 on: February 19, 2010, 12:12:25 AM »
...Cideon. I am an idiot. again. My bad.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #423 on: February 19, 2010, 12:14:06 AM »
Um...Rou, that doesn't say that at all. What that says is people we pick as town are potentially scum. Not probably scum.

lrn2read

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #424 on: February 19, 2010, 12:15:12 AM »
EBWOP: I will, however, grant that it was kinda retarded to point that since it's, yanno, kinda implicit.

Chaore

« Reply #425 on: February 19, 2010, 12:16:47 AM »
I don't get the first part? If he is scum and you are town you just gave scum a head. Though I doubt you're town

Well. Yes, but Cideon will have his cover rather heavily blown. It is still exposing a scum, and while at a fairly bad cost, more than enough.

Care to wager your life on that doubt, Kitten? It'd be nice to take two scum out with one life.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #426 on: February 19, 2010, 12:20:20 AM »
Care to wager your life on that doubt, Kitten? It'd be nice to take two scum out with one life.

What doubt? I'm fully willing to challenge you if town agrees to it. I have my list of 5 names. I am willing to back those up.

Well. Yes, but Cideon will have his cover rather heavily blown. It is still exposing a scum, and while at a fairly bad cost, more than enough.

How so? I really don't understand what in the nine hells you are proposing.

Um...you do realize scum could have a role that gains a charge.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #427 on: February 19, 2010, 12:27:18 AM »
Um...Rou, that doesn't say that at all. What that says is people we pick as town are potentially scum. Not probably scum.
No, he's saying 'I think scum have placed a Townie-looking scum in our ranks, thus we can't trust the people we think are Town.' We obviously won't challenge them with the people
we DON'T trust since we're afraid of giving away a kill to scum if we're wrong.
Doubly frustrating was that Serp decided not to bother responding to any accusations against him and just said 'Kilga proposed it, it MUST be Townie!'

lern2readbetweentehlynz

Chaore: O...kay. I'm not sure how you think getting killed by scum is in ANY way pro-Town. Really really don't like your reasoning, or your hastiness to say 'Gee, it'd be great to fight Cid and prove he's scu- OH HEY UK YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME I'LL FIGHT YOU OVER IT'.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #428 on: February 19, 2010, 12:31:34 AM »
No, he's saying 'I think scum have placed a Townie-looking scum in our ranks, thus we can't trust the people we think are Town.' We obviously won't challenge them with the people

I...uh...really don't see this at all. I do see his warning as superfluous, and that post bugged me, but I'm really disliking how you insist he was claiming that townie people are probably scum.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #429 on: February 19, 2010, 12:34:58 AM »
I...uh...really don't see this at all. I do see his warning as superfluous, and that post bugged me, but I'm really disliking how you insist he was claiming that townie people are probably scum.
Y'know, if we ever agreed on something we'd be an obvious scumpair.

Still, my point stands in that he wanted us to choose the people we suspected to be scum to be executioners ahead of people we believed to be Town. Which, by definition, means we're more likely to give a head to scum in the event of a mislynch. Can you argue with that slightly less hysterical version?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #430 on: February 19, 2010, 12:37:25 AM »
Who tends to be right more often, Rou?

Now, granted, I'm still pretty piss poor at being right, but I have a slightly better success rate than you do!

Still, my point stands in that he wanted us to choose the people we suspected to be scum to be executioners ahead of people we believed to be Town. Which, by definition, means we're more likely to give a head to scum in the event of a mislynch. Can you argue with that slightly less hysterical version?

Um...actually, we WANT scum vs. scum. It comes with the risk that we do give a head to scum, but we want to force scum to execute scum. It's optimal since scum get no heads from killing their own, whereas Serp was completely right that if we go for town vs. scum, we have a probability of being wrong about a townie looking scum.

Honestly, both approaches have their pitfalls. I'm more in favor of scum vs. scum, but as I said, I'm willing to back up my suspicions with challenges if town asks it of me.

Chaore

« Reply #431 on: February 19, 2010, 12:44:54 AM »
What doubt? I'm fully willing to challenge you if town agrees to it. I have my list of 5 names. I am willing to back those up.

Heavens no. I come up town, you die. Nothing else, I'm not about to let you have a kill now, am I?

How so? I really don't understand what in the nine hells you are proposing.

Um...you do realize scum could have a role that gains a charge.

I don't see what is so hard to understand. If ScumCid has no power and like a fool, I've given scum a kill, you will know immediately. If ScumCid has a power and uses it, he is STILL in public view from my death and will have to put something up. He will not be able to as scum.

Cid could also be town, and we don't lose a head to scum. Either option can happen.

Both options end up actually revealing a scum, I'd imagine. If my death is certain, then I'd really rather some good come out of it.

Ninjarou:

Well no. But, I'm 'scum' anyway, so whats the chance of scum getting a head from me?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #432 on: February 19, 2010, 12:47:35 AM »
Heavens no. I come up town, you die. Nothing else, I'm not about to let you have a kill now, am I?

That's the most fucking retarded thing you have ever suggested.

That said if someone I think is town administers my death on the incredible off chance CHAOS is town, sure, I'll go with that.

That said, this is still the most fucking retarded thing I've ever seen Cha. I'm sure I don't need to remind you last game about how people can, you know, actually be WRONG while being town.

I don't see what is so hard to understand. If ScumCid has no power and like a fool, I've given scum a kill, you will know immediately. If ScumCid has a power and uses it, he is STILL in public view from my death and will have to put something up. He will not be able to as scum.

And there's the logic fail. How do you know scum don't have a role that could look town? Hell, I play with role meta all the time in my games.

Well no. But, I'm 'scum' anyway, so whats the chance of scum getting a head from me?

That was more general theory, not this specific case. Cid's not on my list, so I think him town.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #433 on: February 19, 2010, 12:48:10 AM »
Cid's speaking sense.  Kefit killed scum.  Whether he's scum or not, that means that he's not bagged a head.  In fact, from a numbers standpoint, Kilga's head was claimed by Ciato, so whether or not Alex is scum, he hasn't claimed a head either.  The only living player who might have claimed a head right now is Bardiche.  That means that scum either has one or two heads bagged right now.

I actually think that it might be best to conserve K4u's power.  The next HiME Star condition might be something worse than this, and since the only way to recharge her power is to hand her a head, which is dangerous if she's scum, I'd rather keep her alive and at equilibrium unless some evidence of her scumminess pops up and prompts us to off her.

It occurs to me that as long as the total number of theoretical possible heads claimed by scum is kept below scum's victory condition, having more than one loose end out there isn't dangerous, and actually might prove useful as fodder for voting analysis.  Three loose ends should be our upper limit - even if three living scum have claimed heads, then as long as we match them up against each other (or kill them off sequentially, as it's unlikely that they'd challenge each other willingly), we should be able to get their flips and confirm the number of heads claimed without giving scum a chance to achieve their victory condition.  The only way they could win is by achieving a majority in LyLo, and even then only if they compose a number of the loose ends at the time of achieving majority.

So, my proposed immediate course of action is this:  Next two kills should be between untested combatants.  If both kills are town, then the fight afterwards should be between two of the three loose ends.  Then alternate between a fight of two untested combatants and a fight between tested combatants until a scumflip gives you more information.

I want to emphasize this:  None of this strategy is dependent upon my personal alignment, and it only very loosely restricts the town's pool of actions.  If this plan is followed, using K4u's ability to neutralize the HiME Star if need be, then it is mathematically impossible for scum to win except by remaining uncaught into LyLo, while it still provides ample opportunity to catch scum before then.

Cut:

Quote from: Rou

Scum need at most four more heads to win.  Suppose that two people we consider to be town are actually scum.  If they both claim heads, and they both survive through LyLo, then scum wins.  Is it ever a smart move in vanilla mafia to say "I'm so certain that these two people are town that I'm willing to wager the game on it"?  We do it in LyLo because we have to.  Your proposal is essentially to put the game into LyLo a few days early.

Now, enough of the Day 4 setup speculation, onto the scumhunting:

Welp, I'd request that someone challenges Serp. I'm sorry, I really don't like the way he tried to validate Alex vs. Scum!Ciato. His claim that 'people we think are Town are likely scum' reeks of stupid WIFOM.

See:

Quote from: Serp
"But the players who you think are town may be scum" has absolutely nothing to do with WIFOM and that you say otherwise means you're grasping for buzzwords.

I shouldn't need to defend the premise that trusting the fate of the game to the alignment of a few other players is something that should be avoided when possible.

This is what we call 'regurgitating a case'. You're basically saying 'the dead guy said it, he can't be wrong because he's Town, and therefore I can't be wrong!'

See:

Quote from: Serp
I wasn't pointing to Kilga's endorsement as a sign that we should take that strategy.  I was directly responding to UK's accusation that holding to that strategy looked scummy.  If Kilga thought that it was a good idea, and he was town, I don't see how my holding to that idea could possibly look scummy, even if you don't agree with it.

Quote from: UncertainKitten
This is further decent but...I don't like the reasoning. You are giving Kiro a Burden of Proficiency here. He's a good player, but he's human. People make mistakes.

If it were just a burden of proficiency, that'd be a meta tell in itself, but what I'm pointing out here is the inconsistency.  He looks at my plan, which is objectively pretty damn solid, and completely waves it off.  Then Kefit shows up, says "Hey guys, I have a foolproof plan for you to follow, it guarantees a town win (except that it actually doesn't) and also requires you to to let me get a kill and then coast 'till endgame (which, despite your revision today, Kefit, it looked pretty clear that that was what you were asking for)."  And Kiro looks at that plan and says "Yup, that sounds fine to me!"  I don't see how a townie could object so vehemently to my plan and then accept Kefit's so readily.  It has to be scum seeing one plan that sinks scum's chances of winning, and then seeing another plan that doesn't hinder scum at all.  That's the only way it makes sense to me.

Some speculation on scum motive and actions:

Tom's challenge against Alex and Ciato was either a move made in panic, or a move calculated to look like panic.  If it was the former, then he probably picked one town and one scum to fight him in order to make sure that scum would at least claim one head.  If it was the latter, then he may well have picked two scum to go against him knowing that once two of the three of them had died, the third would look very good.  Players are more likely to panic when things are going bad for their faction.  If Bardiche is scum, then he had claimed a head for scum D1, and Tom would be less likely to panic.

So, I'm going to say that if Bardiche is town, then we can probably take Tom's action at face value and say that Alex is town as well.  If Bardiche is scum, then Tom was probably faking it, and Alex might well be the beneficiary of two scumbuddies' gambit to ensure his survival into LyLo.  This also reflects somewhat on the state of the game, as Tom's action being a calculated one would imply that scum have things well in-hand and we should be looking at those who are commanding discussion and setting the lead for the townies to follow (most especially Kefit), while Tom's action being a panicky one implies that scum have lost control and we should be looking at the players who have been contributing less to the town's actions.  It's not a sure thing, but Bardiche's flip could give us a lot of insight into how scum have likely been playing.  We should probably get it before too long.

As for who should fight today, I've been getting townie feel from Cid and scummy feel from Kiro, so I'm going to nominate that matchup.

FakeVote:  Kiro versus Cid

I'm going to lean towards lynching the noisier players rather than the quiet ones right now, since I'm a pessimist and want to prepare for the possibility that scum are trying to lead us around by the nose.  I find Cid versus Chaore to be an alright second option, though.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #434 on: February 19, 2010, 12:56:26 AM »

As for who should fight today, I've been getting townie feel from Cid and scummy feel from Kiro, so I'm going to nominate that matchup.

Rest of your post seems fine except for this. What happened to the idea that setting up scum v. scum matches is ideal that I thought you were proposing earlier? I only support Cid vs. CHAOS because I want to test his role. Otherwise, I'd want Kiro vs. CHAOS.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #435 on: February 19, 2010, 12:57:52 AM »
I'm town, I told you. My flip will just repeat what I've been saying the entire game. I'm seriously not fond of this entire subliminal LET'S KILL BARD message being spread here.

It's one thing if it's because BARD IS SCUMMY! it's another if it's HEY GUYS LET'S LYNCH BARD AND SEE WHAT HAPPEN.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #436 on: February 19, 2010, 12:58:49 AM »
Bard...are you going to actually produce content or just insist you are town?

Seriously, that last post reeks of "Lay off me! I'm scum but I almost am out of scrutiny! Please stop bringing me up!"

Chaore

« Reply #437 on: February 19, 2010, 01:05:34 AM »
That's the most fucking retarded thing you have ever suggested.

I try. Thanks.

That said if someone I think is town administers my death on the incredible off chance CHAOS is town, sure, I'll go with that.

That said, this is still the most fucking retarded thing I've ever seen Cha. I'm sure I don't need to remind you last game about how people can, you know, actually be WRONG while being town.

Excellent! Two scum down with one life then.

Of course not, but I'd like to assume they can be right as well.

And there's the logic fail. How do you know scum don't have a role that could look town? Hell, I play with role meta all the time in my games.

I'm not sure what you're at. Do you mean a role that will flip town when lynched? If so, it is an interesting thought. If you mean a strictly neutral seeming power, than Scum has no reason to block it like Cid has been suggesting, and it will certainly not be worth a zero charge starting.

If ScumCid intends to live after his power is used, it very much has to be EXACTLY as he suggested it to be. He has suggested it is very very town-oriented and sheer mechanics suggest it has to be useful. If he can not visibly deliver this, he has been lying and is very clearly scum.

You can not in this situation, REASONABLY fake a townie role as scum. If you guys let him however, that is basically town incompetence I can't make excuses for. Do you not trust yourselves THAT much?

I'm seriously not fond of this entire subliminal LET'S KILL BARD message being spread here.

Okay.
lynchbardlynchbardlynchbard

Serp

« Reply #438 on: February 19, 2010, 01:09:30 AM »
Rest of your post seems fine except for this. What happened to the idea that setting up scum v. scum matches is ideal that I thought you were proposing earlier? I only support Cid vs. CHAOS because I want to test his role. Otherwise, I'd want Kiro vs. CHAOS.

I find it rather likely that Kiro is scum, and somewhat likely that Chaore is scum, but I find it very unlikely that they're scum together.  And I don't want to give Kiro a kill when he's likely to find a way to slide around getting wrapped up as a loose end himself.  Either scum is leading around the town (look at Alex, Bardiche, Kiro, Kefit), or scum is genuinely being steamrolled (look at Chaore, maybe Rou, plus quiet people).  If there were a mix, then I wouldn't expect things to look so clear-cut.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #439 on: February 19, 2010, 01:10:58 AM »
Excellent! Two scum down with one life then.

Of course not, but I'd like to assume they can be right as well.

I'm 2 out of 5 right now. I'm pretty sure you'll make that three.

Oh, by the way, case pl0x? I don't recall you EVER telling me why I'm scummy, CHAOS. You know, you DO have to support your accusations.

Course, I know how hard that is when you're scum. Sucks, eh?

I'm not sure what you're at. Do you mean a role that will flip town when lynched? If so, it is an interesting thought. If you mean a strictly neutral seeming power, than Scum has no reason to block it like Cid has been suggesting, and it will certainly not be worth a zero charge starting.

Huh? I think we missed a step here. Where is Cid going to fip?

If ScumCid intends to live after his power is used, it very much has to be EXACTLY as he suggested it to be. He has suggested it is very very town-oriented and sheer mechanics suggest it has to be useful. If he can not visibly deliver this, he has been lying and is very clearly scum.

Ok, I understand this. But you do realize there aren't a lot of STRICTLY pro-town power roles? I could come up with a way to stick them on a scum role if I had to.

You can not in this situation, REASONABLY fake a townie role as scum. If you guys let him however, that is basically town incompetence I can't make excuses for. Do you not trust yourselves THAT much?

You're still alive despite being a useless lump on a log. I'm not sure how much I really trust us at all.

I find it rather likely that Kiro is scum, and somewhat likely that Chaore is scum, but I find it very unlikely that they're scum together.  And I don't want to give Kiro a kill when he's likely to find a way to slide around getting wrapped up as a loose end himself.  Either scum is leading around the town (look at Alex, Bardiche, Kiro, Kefit), or scum is genuinely being steamrolled (look at Chaore, maybe Rou, plus quiet people).  If there were a mix, then I wouldn't expect things to look so clear-cut.

May I please ask why CHAOS and Kiro can't be scum together? Or is the "loud scum/quiet scum" theory your justification?

Serp

« Reply #440 on: February 19, 2010, 01:30:53 AM »
May I please ask why CHAOS and Kiro can't be scum together? Or is the "loud scum/quiet scum" theory your justification?

Well, I'm not saying that they can't be scum together so much as I'm saying that a scumflip from one would make me consider the other likelier to be town.  I don't want to bank on it in any case.  The deciding factor here is that most of the town seems to be considering Kiro the townie champion, not one scum among two scummy people.  I don't want to see him bag a head and then cruise to LyLo.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #441 on: February 19, 2010, 01:38:20 AM »
Ok, what I don't get is how you are linking them. Is there a logic here I'm missing?

As for the second part about everyone finding Kiro town, yes, that bothers me greatly.

Bardiche

« Reply #442 on: February 19, 2010, 01:42:10 AM »
Bard...are you going to actually produce content or just insist you are town?

Seriously, that last post reeks of "Lay off me! I'm scum but I almost am out of scrutiny! Please stop bringing me up!"

Or maybe I just want to say that this entire LET'S HAPHAZARDLY KILL PEOPLE FOR STUPID REASONS RATHER THAN HUNT SCUM AND GET THEM KILLED is stupid business, a waste of time and we should focus our efforts elsewhere.

I've no reads on nearly anyone here. Everyone's still caught up in the same bloody nonsense over "how do we strategically shot web" instead of "okay, who's scummy and who isn't?"

Who am I to interrupt your serious attempts at devising strategy with actual hunting for scum and trying to see who is just being a liar? No sirrah, not I.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #443 on: February 19, 2010, 01:44:02 AM »
I've no reads on nearly anyone here. Everyone's still caught up in the same bloody nonsense over "how do we strategically shot web" instead of "okay, who's scummy and who isn't?"

Everyone? I think I've been scumhunting and quite frankly been paying little attention to strategy plans except to be irritated at them.

What scumhunting have you provided, Bardiche? Outside of...whatever you were trying to do D1?

Bardiche

« Reply #444 on: February 19, 2010, 01:50:13 AM »
I make no excuse, I've done nothing of the sort. I pitched in on these strategic meetings every now and again whenever I felt it was pertinent to let myself be heard lest I be accused of lurking and there'd be yet another reason for "Let's kill Bard".

But so far many of these strategic meetings talk about how killing me can only be profitable regardless of my alignment. Do excuse me if I feel ill-motivated to provide any semblance of support if the reigning talk of the day remains, "How can we strategically kill that-and-that person and look what benefits we get if we kill so-and-so".

If you think I'm scum, get on with it and then thumb-twiddle as you try to reconcile scum's current actions in the knowledge that Pesco VS Bard was a scum-supported Town VS Town spat.

>_> You all do realise Tom was supportive of it and urged it on right? Right.

Serp

« Reply #445 on: February 19, 2010, 02:03:44 AM »
Ok, what I don't get is how you are linking them. Is there a logic here I'm missing?

It's a pretty weak link, I admit.  It basically boils down to the motives behind Tom's action.  Either he had a weak team and was panicking, or he had a strong team and was feigning panic to earn towncred for his buddies so they could could make it high and dry into LyLo.  See Chaore's sacrifice in the recently concluded RKS Mafia for how that works out.

Let me put it this way, UK:  Suppose that you were on a scumteam with Chaore and other newbie players like him.  Would you commit suicide to earn them towncred and hope that they survive through LyLo, or would you want to stay in the game to lead them yourself?  Now, suppose that you're on a team with Kiro and other experienced players like him.  Wouldn't you be more willing to sacrifice yourself in a gambit to pave the way for them?  I don't know Tom, but I get the impression from Carthrat's invitation of him from the other forum that he's a skilled player.

Hm.  I realize that this says nothing about what he might have done with a team of mixed experienced and newbie players.  I'm probably already stretching too far with the evidence we have, here, but I'm thinking that Tom would be less likely to follow either course of drastic action with a mixed team.  He'd probably be more likely to just try and take on the accusation traditionally.  In any case, my argument against letting Kiro have a win when the several players seem to advocate letting him live indefinitely still stands.

Quote from: Bardiche
Or maybe I just want to say that this entire LET'S HAPHAZARDLY KILL PEOPLE FOR STUPID REASONS RATHER THAN HUNT SCUM AND GET THEM KILLED is stupid business, a waste of time and we should focus our efforts elsewhere.

I see you trying to prompt the town into losing all sight of stopping scum's win condition and blundering into an early LyLo.  I also see you trying to goad K4u into burning her ability to kill you now when both would probably be better done later.  Looks scummy to me.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #446 on: February 19, 2010, 02:07:52 AM »
If you think I'm scum, get on with it and then thumb-twiddle as you try to reconcile scum's current actions in the knowledge that Pesco VS Bard was a scum-supported Town VS Town spat.

>_> You all do realise Tom was supportive of it and urged it on right? Right.

Um...we don't know it's town v. town.

Dear God did Karma contact you Bard? I feel like I'm being made to pay for my behavior last game reiterating I was town in every post. That really does get annoying.

At any rate, I think several people are scum. I can't kill all of them at once, sadly. In fact, I have to work hard to TRY to convince the town that people I think are scum are actually scum. So far I'm kinda failing that that.

So, I'd advise you use your repreive today to actually form suspicions. Step back, read the game, and give a scum list.

It's a pretty weak link, I admit.  It basically boils down to the motives behind Tom's action.  Either he had a weak team and was panicking, or he had a strong team and was feigning panic to earn towncred for his buddies so they could could make it high and dry into LyLo.  See Chaore's sacrifice in the recently concluded RKS Mafia for how that works out.

This feels wrong. Like a false dichotomy of sorts. He COULD have a mixed team possibly...

Let me put it this way, UK:  Suppose that you were on a scumteam with Chaore and other newbie players like him.  Would you commit suicide to earn them towncred and hope that they survive through LyLo, or would you want to stay in the game to lead them yourself?  Now, suppose that you're on a team with Kiro and other experienced players like him.  Wouldn't you be more willing to sacrifice yourself in a gambit to pave the way for them?  I don't know Tom, but I get the impression from Carthrat's invitation of him from the other forum that he's a skilled player.

I'd bus the living fuck out of my partners in both cases if they were acting scummy enough to justify it. You should know this.

As for Tom being a skilled player, I'm not sure I buy that. He's not a village idiot, but he's not impossible to read as scum. We screwed up RKS mafia because we compromised too much. Note that throughout the game many people accused Tom of being scum. Then again, I guess that's skill in it's own right. Either way, I don't see how a mixed team is impossible.

Oh...hey, next paragraph hits on that.

Hm.  I realize that this says nothing about what he might have done with a team of mixed experienced and newbie players.  I'm probably already stretching too far with the evidence we have, here, but I'm thinking that Tom would be less likely to follow either course of drastic action with a mixed team.  He'd probably be more likely to just try and take on the accusation traditionally.  In any case, my argument against letting Kiro have a win when the several players seem to advocate letting him live indefinitely still stands.

I see this, but I think Tom would be willing to do the insanity with a mixed team. IIRC, Ciato didn't seem to be that great.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #447 on: February 19, 2010, 04:09:38 AM »
Usernames that have recently been changed in the interest of memes have been changed back. At least one player still alive has expressed confusion due to all the changing names.

You can resume being a Sikieiki or a Bemani song after the game.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #448 on: February 19, 2010, 04:10:18 AM »
Usernames that have recently been changed in the interest of memes have been changed back. At least one player still alive has expressed confusion due to all the changing names.

You can resume being a Sikieiki or a Bemani song after the game.

Fair enough. I already got IP and am in challenge mode, so it's not as important.

Ranmilia

• Multiple Intelligencial Yggdrasil Unit
« Reply #449 on: February 19, 2010, 04:12:01 AM »
- You guys are going in circles and really should stop and cut to important matters.

- Killing winners just because they've won duels (vs town or silly 2v2 mixed crowds) is stupid.  Rat is not a bad mod and we are not going to be able to game the setup for numbers.  This day's condition is a very obvious "break town out of trying to mindlessly kill winners" move on Rat's part.  So listen to it.  Stop trying to crunch numbers for theoretical endgames that may or may not be valid IF no mysterious roles or conditions interfere, because they will.  Find scum and kill scum.

- Using Kitten's power today would be extremely stupid.  Bard, Kefit and myself aren't going anywhere.  There are no nightkills, and we certainly aren't anywhere close to scum outnumbering town.  Even if people were 100% convinced one or more of us was scum, there's no reason to blow power roles in a rush to kill us right now.  Factor in that I don't think any of the three of us are scum right now, and saying she should do so is in fact considerably scummy.

- Kiro seems to have vanished and I don't like it.  His posts were sparse before and then died off altogether since yesterday.  He mentioned being on some sort of trip, but we've not gotten so much as a "Hi I'm still alive" post overnight.  I liked him as town by default since he didn't hype anything too silly but as time continues to pass with a distinct lack of posts from him...  I don't think I support him duelling today. 

- I think I am okay with allowing Cid to take a head today.  His opponent... UK, Serp, Chao, Jam, Rou, roughly in that order of preference, sorted by how much ridiculousness they have been saying.   I don't support K4U fighting right now, much less dying.  Did I forget anyone who is still alive?  *checks*  Alice.  Alice is playing.  Alice you never post in any game.  You need to post.