Author Topic: "Games you're playing right now" Thread or something  (Read 142985 times)

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Re: "Games you're playing right now" Thread or something
« Reply #390 on: January 13, 2010, 03:16:24 AM »
Yeah, it's the DS version. As in, "hey guys from the Giant of Babil on let's make every random encounter a mini-boss." My team is level 60-65 and I'm still only starting to make some headway on the Lunar Subterrane.

If you don't know, I'll give you an idea of how the difficulty has risen: You know how easy Bahamut was? Just cast reflect and his only attack will bounce back and deal massive damage to him?

Reflect no longer counters Mega Flare.
I might need to play this version eventually because the Advance version I played was rather fine for its game progression and this sounds insane.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #391 on: January 13, 2010, 09:06:07 AM »
...Huh. I just beat FFIV DS. :V I decided that I would claw my way to Zeromus just to see what I was up against. I ran from every battle and fully expected to lose. However, it turns out that Zeromus of all people is nerfed; big bang is no longer a 1HKO unless you're really underleveled, and what is Zeromus without big bang? Once he moved on to Meteor, I ended up destroying him via an AI exploit I accidentally found:

Everyone is dead but Kain, who jumped before Meteor. Zeromus uses whirl to lower Kain to one health. I use jump, come down, deal about 5000 damage. Zeromus uses osmose, which is bad since my plan is for Kain to die with MP and cast Phoenix to revive everyone else. So I use a dry ether to restore the MP. Zeromus then uses whirl instead of meteor. I use jump, dealing about 5000 damage. He uses osmose, I ether, and we repeat until he goes boom. The Lunasaur I fought before him was much tougher.

Kind of an underwhelming ending though. :\ This game's plot must have been revolutionary back in the day, but it's about as tired and old as an RPG can get these days.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #392 on: January 13, 2010, 09:39:02 AM »
I recently reinstalled Oblivion, which also turned out to be a good time update some mods that were way out date.The following images are from Better Cities, click them for a larger image:
Also: Qarl's TP3, Improved Trees and Flora, Enhanced water, Crowded Cities, City Life, Beautiful People 2ch Edition, Tona armour and all that jazz.

Now to just install some normal maps for the landscape, beaming sunglare, better torches, armour textures and a Shivering Isle texture pack and I should be done on the graphical side of things.

You made my day.

I was looking for reasons to finish Oblivion for the 9384792384th time but couldn't fine any.
I'll re-install it as soon as I'm back from work today =)
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Bananamatic

« Reply #393 on: January 13, 2010, 12:35:59 PM »
Big Bang was never a 1HKO :V

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #394 on: January 13, 2010, 08:49:06 PM »
Reflect no longer counters Mega Flare.
I beat the GBA version a couple years ago.  I did not know about this.  Bahamut took a few tries.

...quite a few.

Now playing Devil Survivor again.  Mostly fun now, but OH MY FREAKIN' GOD KUDLAK, WHY IS MARI SO FRIGGIN' STUPID?  It took half a dozen tries before she decided to do more than TWENTY damage to him with a hit (which mean she 1HKOed him, of course).  AI...grrrrrgh.  And I seemed to have missed something on day 6, because I'm supposed to be fighting Belial and the only available battle at 18:00 is Honda being an idiot AGAIN.  Confuzzled.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #395 on: January 15, 2010, 03:14:48 AM »
shim: On the optimum path, there's another ally on the field.  Have him attack Kudlak - he cannot kill the vampire, but he can drop him to 1HP.  Direct Mari to him then.  If you're not following that path, surround him with everyone you can, and whittle him down.  That battle only really determines whether Mari will be playable on Day 7.

As for 18:00, just do the Honda event.  If you are facing Belial, he'll show up at 18:30.

On topic, after blazing through 358/2 Days, I'm blazing through Spirit Tracks.  I'm after the Compass of Light now, so I assume I'm at endgame already.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 03:17:00 AM by I.P.D. »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
« Reply #396 on: January 15, 2010, 07:42:04 PM »

Been up to Spear of Destiny: Ultimate Challenge again and I found this

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #397 on: January 16, 2010, 04:21:09 AM »
I'm playing GTAIV.
Again.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #398 on: January 16, 2010, 04:44:05 AM »
'Effin Torpedo Trains.  Hardest part of the last boss by far.

That ends Spirit Tracks, so next up is ZX Advent.  I'm missing the ZX Saber already.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #399 on: January 16, 2010, 05:21:17 AM »
I'm missing the ZX Saber already.
You get it about 2/3 of the way through the game, and once you do, you pretty much never use anything else.

I'm currently playing Dwarf Fortress, working on a system to select execution methods for captured prisoners via dice roll.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 05:22:48 AM by The Angry Colossal »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #400 on: January 16, 2010, 09:23:42 PM »
Just as playing OoT made me play Majora's Mask, playing FFIV made me start on FFV. I've only played these five games (never got FFVI Advance for some reason), but V is easily the best. There's something wrong when people think less of an RPG because it focuses more on GAMEPLAY than story. Even if the story is a little weak, the localization makes the characters a lot more likable than any of the ones in IV.

All I wish is that V would get remade like IV did. After getting my first taste of a 3d RPG, it's hard to go back to the immobile 2d ones. :\
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Bananamatic

« Reply #401 on: January 16, 2010, 09:29:40 PM »
FFV is the only GBA game I have, I expected them to be a little more buyable...I've already played the hell out of it and it pretty much bores me :V
Wish I could find VI somewhere, but it's probably impossible now :-\

Gammeru

« Reply #402 on: January 17, 2010, 01:20:23 AM »
Spiral Knights. It's kinda like Crystal Chronicles, a little. But damn it's fun.

It's only a preview event though. There's so little content here that I expect to get bored of it by tomorrow, but...damn it's fun. It's also laggy as ****.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 01:31:27 AM by Gamymede »

SONIC BHOCOLATE STRIKER

• Doing >9000 Barrel Rolls
« Reply #403 on: January 17, 2010, 01:40:45 AM »
Looks like MMO Wind Waker to me. I'll definitely give that a try.

EDIT: lol... what happened to my username?
I gotta have something for my sig, so...

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #404 on: January 17, 2010, 09:33:47 AM »
I'm giving it a try as well. The controls are a little bit weird, but it's OK.

If somebody needs a party member, look for "Koishi".

SONIC BHOCOLATE STRIKER

« Reply #405 on: January 17, 2010, 11:04:01 AM »

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #406 on: January 17, 2010, 01:06:27 PM »
I'm giving it a try as well. The controls are a little bit weird, but it's OK.

If somebody needs a party member, look for "Koishi".
Ok, after a few hours of gameplay, I only have two complains:

1. I still have a few problems with the controls.

2. The Energy System sucks. Period.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #407 on: January 17, 2010, 07:49:50 PM »
Hm.  It seems that the difficulty of the ZX games isn't the bosses, it's the having to do the game twice to unlock everything.  Especially when muscle memory kicks in on the bosses that change their special attacks depending on the player character.  Not to mention you're now used to having freedom of movement with all the Biometals at your disposal, so the reversion back to extremely limited movement due to lack of them often leads to ramming right into spike walls (not that I don't do that with all the Biometals at some point).

Move eternally forward,

SONIC BHOCOLATE STRIKER

« Reply #408 on: January 17, 2010, 08:07:53 PM »
http://nextframe.jp/

Well after playing the sniping game I think I know why I fail so hard at sniping in S4 League:
1. My vertical aim is always off.
2. I am too anxious. Sometimes it's better to bide my time than to take a chance, miss, and make myself known.
3. I don't control my aim enough. Slight movements is all it takes to screw me up.
4. moving targets aren't a problem... until they start moving vertically and varying their move speed.

Spiral Knights. It's kinda like Crystal Chronicles, a little. But damn it's fun.
40-something person log-on queue? is it that popular? o.o
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 08:11:18 PM by SONIC BHOCOLATE STRIKER »

Gammeru

« Reply #409 on: January 17, 2010, 08:17:17 PM »
I don't think they intended to have such a large audience for the game at this point in time. I'm guessing they tried not to advertise too much, else their servers'd go kablooey. But it didn't work

Yummy bugs, though. One of the dungeons isn't working properly. Curse can bug out your equipment if you leave a dungeon while under its effects, making you unable to re-equip or sell them if you take them off. Lag is horrendous. The energy system sucks. Lack of content? Goes without saying.

That's to be expected, though, since it's only an alpha.

Ontopic: Stopped playing Spiral Knights for now. Went back to and finished TSE2 instead.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 11:07:20 PM by Gammeru »

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #410 on: January 17, 2010, 11:43:56 PM »
Started playing S4 league. It's pretty good, personally I wasn't expecting much, but the voiceovers are horrendous.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #411 on: January 18, 2010, 12:01:12 AM »

why am I playing this again
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

« Reply #412 on: January 18, 2010, 12:06:48 AM »
So i finally got the chance to try out Dissidia

This game is a lot worse than I'd thought it'd be.

Xijiy

• What a purrfect post
« Reply #413 on: January 18, 2010, 04:49:36 AM »
I've been playing persona 4 for the best few days usually playing 7 hours a day.

Man it's good.

Bananamatic

« Reply #414 on: January 18, 2010, 05:57:25 AM »
I've been playing persona 4 for the best few days usually playing 7 hours a day.

Man it's good.
Fuck yeah it is.
Already on my second playthrough since I got it(24th) and somewhere 30 hours in.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #415 on: January 18, 2010, 08:58:34 AM »
I just beat Shadow Kanji because I play very little at a time.
So sad.
Jan's taking it with him tomorrow when he leaves anyway... :(

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #416 on: January 18, 2010, 04:49:10 PM »
I'm going to start playing P4 again today, huzzah!  Only up to Rise's, though...

Also beat Devil Survivor, Gin/Haru's route.  Nothing in that game can top the final battle with Haru actually playing Demon of Darkness in the middle of it; that was AWESOME.  Also, Hecate is easily the best demon in the game for overall value; a Tyrant with Mediarahan (and Holy Dance) completely outclasses every demon in the 40s and probably the 50s as well.

Oh, and 'nut - FFV is still my favorite FF, go go go

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Bananamatic

« Reply #417 on: January 18, 2010, 04:53:15 PM »
now solo it on expert like me
have fun

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #418 on: January 18, 2010, 07:24:28 PM »
Bayonetta. I played it for 26 hours in one weekend and beat it. On normal.

Bananamatic

« Reply #419 on: January 18, 2010, 09:02:23 PM »
Bayonetta. I played it for 26 hours in one weekend and beat it. On normal.
how many difficulty levels are there