Author Topic: "Games you're playing right now" Thread or something  (Read 142607 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: "Games you're playing right now" Thread or something
« Reply #150 on: September 07, 2009, 08:41:27 PM »
Call me crazy, but I never saw how SMB3 was the best in the series (at one point and form or another I've played every major Mario game). It was good, but was a bit plain and short. I still like Yoshi's Island the best in the series.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #151 on: September 07, 2009, 08:57:13 PM »
I still like Yoshi's Island the best in the series.
I randomly walk into this topic and suddenly donut is my new best friend.

SMB3 is only short if you warp your way to the end, though.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #152 on: September 07, 2009, 11:10:54 PM »
Yoshi's Island is amazing.

I also love Mario RPG and Mario 64 :D
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Nuclear Cheese

• Relax and enjoy the danmaku.
    • My homepage
« Reply #153 on: September 07, 2009, 11:18:39 PM »
Went to friends house yesterday, played a fuckload of Rock Band 2(and a bit of GH).

The first game had a much better playlist.

I'm yet to buy a Rock Band set myself. :V

To be fair, for only a few bucks you can import (nearly) all of Rock Band 1's songlist into Rock Band 2 (unless you're playing on the Wii, in which case I don't think it works, sorry).

To contribute to the thread, my recent gaming:
- Melty Blood Actress Again
- Metroid Prime Trilogy
- Phantom Brave (Wii)
- Rock Band 2 (Mainly drums and guitar.  Sometimes vocal/guitar simultaneous; I need a real micstand) (PS3)

Games I need to go back and finish:
- Cross Edge
- Disgaea 2 (PS2)
to quote Naut:
"I can see the background, there are too many safespots."
:V

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #154 on: September 08, 2009, 02:48:14 PM »
Call me crazy, but I never saw how SMB3 was the best in the series (at one point and form or another I've played every major Mario game). It was good, but was a bit plain and short.

First of all - you're crazy.

Secondly - wat. Excluding all the Toad Houses/bonus games/Hammer Bros/Treasure Ships (do ho ho), the game had 90 levels by my count. Alright, so two of those are the Piranha Plant stages from World 7 and three are Hand Traps from World 8, but even so, compared to SMW's 96 'exits' (I think it's something like 72 actual levels) it holds up pretty nicely. I'm aware that many of SMW's levels are generally longer, although some (Star Roads, Top Secret Area) clearly aren't.

And plain? IMO that's a criticism more applicable to SMW's aesthetically similar overworld/underworld levels than SMB3's setup with distinctly themed worlds. Again, going by the All Stars version here. Don't even get me started on the powerups.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 04:08:51 PM by A Huge Battleship »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #155 on: September 08, 2009, 06:21:31 PM »
Went to friends house yesterday, played a fuckload of Rock Band 2(and a bit of GH).

The first game had a much better playlist.

I'm yet to buy a Rock Band set myself. :V

To be fair, for only a few bucks you can import (nearly) all of Rock Band 1's songlist into Rock Band 2 (unless you're playing on the Wii, in which case I don't think it works, sorry).

That sounds nice. I don't have a Wii, btw, so I'm saving money to buy the 360 vers.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Hyper Dunk

• I'm a Double Dragon.
  • I will fight everyone.
« Reply #156 on: September 08, 2009, 10:27:32 PM »
Muramasa: The Demon Blade. Just got it today and I'm really enjoying it so far.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #157 on: September 10, 2009, 01:07:50 AM »
The Touhoues (check the RAGE thread, I'm there)
Tales of Symphonia (it is at this point that I would like to note that Colette has the most hilariously vacant expression ever)
Neverwinter Nights 2 (YAR SCYTHES YAR)
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Black Knight Shenanigans!)

I lent my DS to a friend with the Phoenix Wrights and Apollo Justice, and lent most of my good games (TWEWY, Disgaea DS, AW: DoR, EOII...wait, did I say good games?) to another.  Still have to finish Knights in the Nightmare...and I just got Pamela, too...

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #158 on: September 10, 2009, 01:14:35 AM »
Replaying old games
-Croc: Legend of the Gobbos
-Bubsy: Close Enconuter of the Fur Kind
-Super Bomberman 5

Games I need to finish
-Metal Saga (I'm so fuckin close)
-Megaman ZX
-Mother 3 (translated run)
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #159 on: September 10, 2009, 01:15:08 AM »
I forgot to say I'm playing Ninja Gaiden II, Forza 2, PG3 and for the over9000th time Half-Life, but I'm lazy. Also, MGS3, all that's remaining is to
Spoiler:
kill Boss
                                                                                   .

nintendonut888

« Reply #160 on: September 10, 2009, 02:14:22 AM »
Call me crazy, but I never saw how SMB3 was the best in the series (at one point and form or another I've played every major Mario game). It was good, but was a bit plain and short.

First of all - you're crazy.

Secondly - wat. Excluding all the Toad Houses/bonus games/Hammer Bros/Treasure Ships (do ho ho), the game had 90 levels by my count. Alright, so two of those are the Piranha Plant stages from World 7 and three are Hand Traps from World 8, but even so, compared to SMW's 96 'exits' (I think it's something like 72 actual levels) it holds up pretty nicely. I'm aware that many of SMW's levels are generally longer, although some (Star Roads, Top Secret Area) clearly aren't.

And plain? IMO that's a criticism more applicable to SMW's aesthetically similar overworld/underworld levels than SMB3's setup with distinctly themed worlds. Again, going by the All Stars version here. Don't even get me started on the powerups.

All I know is that I beat SMB3 the day I bought it. It took me a lot longer to beat SMW.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #161 on: September 11, 2009, 06:01:20 AM »
Currently raeging at Dissidia's uber-hard difficulty.

Bananamatic

« Reply #162 on: September 11, 2009, 12:52:52 PM »
Tales of Symphonia
Only time I've bought a console for just one game :V
Namco could make more of them for PAL though.
There are a few on PSP, one on Gamecube, one on X360.....why can't they release Abyss for ps2?

Finished Valkyrie Profile 2 yesterday. Definitely worth the 20$.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #163 on: September 11, 2009, 12:57:01 PM »
Paper Mario for the win.

I'm currently doing a Danger Mario game and recording the boss fights to put on Youtube. Look for 'em.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #164 on: September 11, 2009, 02:21:22 PM »
I seriously need to stop playing Touhou.

I never touched Tales of Vesperia again, It's been over a month... maybe two.
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

dustyjo

« Reply #165 on: September 12, 2009, 08:18:37 AM »
Oh fuck yes Dirt 2 is amazing.

AnimaVex

« Reply #166 on: September 12, 2009, 08:30:25 AM »
Oh god I got back into FFXI why am I doing th- oh hey, let's party with a group of Japanese people at 11 PM.
This was so much fun it should've been illegal. Except we couldn't understand each other, which was a let-down. It was hilarious seeing myself scramble the translation program in XI for stuff that made some sort of sense.

Also, I bought KOTOR and Braid for cheap McCheap prices, so I've got that to do, as well as Dawn of War: Winter Assault, Dissidia, and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite... Oh wow, I just realized just how many games I bought at the low price of Cheap.

nintendonut888

« Reply #167 on: September 15, 2009, 10:43:03 PM »
Ah ha ha! Just as I thought I had run out of excuses to start working on UFO hard, Scribblenauts came out today! Now I hold it in my hand. :O

I hope this game is as awesome as it sounds.

Sean

• The Disturbed Leader of Four Against Nature
« Reply #168 on: September 18, 2009, 01:58:07 AM »
I borrowed Prototype from a friend and Command and Conquer 3 from my cousin, so those two are added to my lineup whenever I'm not playing my usual stuff online.
This Signature only existed in my mind.

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #169 on: September 20, 2009, 11:12:23 PM »
Devil Survivor for a school project.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2009, 11:17:09 PM »
Devil Survivor for a school project.

intriguing.

tell us more.

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2009, 11:48:17 PM »
Well we have this thing called a Media Analysis Essay, and we have to pick some form of media released within the past few months and write a blind review on it. I used it as an excuse to play Devil Survivor (which I've been wanting to play for a while now)

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #172 on: September 21, 2009, 12:43:18 AM »
I envy Kaneko.

Hopefully soon I will have an HDTV so I can stop playing Xbox360 games in my piece of crap Philips.
                                                                                   .

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #173 on: September 21, 2009, 04:09:04 AM »
Diablo II: LoD Expansion for the win.

I've always wanted to play the game and finally I was talking to people down in the lobby of my dorm and someone mentioned they could get it to me. <3

Right now I have a level 15 Werebear Druid and I'm working on a Summoner Necromancer who is Level 5. I like the werebear but he seems to crumble down pretty easily from mobs, I've gotten him so far now though, I just feel like I need to stick with him. The Necromancer is awesome so far, I love having an army of skeletons to do my bidding while I watch.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #174 on: September 21, 2009, 04:11:46 AM »
I've been playing Mana Khemia 2 as well as Metroid Prime 2 & 3 off and on. A little bit of Final Fantasy Tactics A2 as well, though not that much...

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #175 on: September 21, 2009, 04:13:46 AM »
Bought Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story yesterday, and I have to say that it's quite addicting.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #176 on: September 22, 2009, 09:16:25 AM »
Current listing as follows:
Boktai: The Sun is in Your Hand (GBA)
Touhou Seireisen: Undefined Fantastic Object (PC)
various flash games
Picross (PC)

BTW, ShiningDrake, watch out in the Second and Extra scenarios in MK2 - there are a number of game freezing glitches. 

Things to be wary of:
A UFO Trap Box type-enemy in the Second Scenario - the first attack is a guaranteed freeze unless Broken or put to Sleep.  If you've played the first game, the distinctive appearance of Muppy's UFO will clue you in.  Blast it with Tera Flames.

Finishing Strikes when Punis are in your party as PCs (Playable Characters).  Yes, this does happen once.

Ulrika as party lead when looking at Jobs in the Extra Scenario - either in the Student Handbook or the Job Board at Student Affairs.  If you're playing as Raze for the first go, no worries - just make sure Raze is in whenever Ulrika is in.  Of course, if you picked Ulrika first, you'll have to remove her entirely from the main party before you can take Jobs.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

non-lolicon Ange fan

• Leave your jokes to your hair.
« Reply #177 on: September 26, 2009, 10:10:43 PM »
I got a PS3 just a couple of days ago, and the first game I rented was Infamous.

Infamous is really good. It may look like a ripoff of GTA at first glance, but trust me, it's not a ripoff. It's a lot of fun.

Pickie

« Reply #178 on: September 28, 2009, 03:00:15 PM »
Halo 3, cause I just bought it for 20 bucks.

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #179 on: September 28, 2009, 05:20:25 PM »
勇者のくせになまいきだor2 (or part2 of "Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman!") (PSP), being the evil guy and killing the heroes is sooo cool! >Oldschool 2D sprites, dungeon-making, monster-generating...

Sometimes I play Rondo of Swords (DS) just to finish the story, Bomberman Land Touch! 2 (DS) for variety and humor, and Dice De Chocobo (PS) when I feel like playing on the big screen (CRT screen that is).
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer