Author Topic: Patchy Quest One More Time: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 80114 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Patchy Quest One More Time: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #180 on: January 03, 2010, 04:13:36 AM »
>The bees don't like people talking to Suwako, apparently. If Suwako is kinda in where Jeff met the bees last time, maybe talking to her helps her get out~
>"Hmm, I see... the lighting does seem to have changed a bit since we started talking. Maybe if we just keep talking, you'll be able to see something soon. If anything, talking usually helps people feel better when they're having a bad day. Do you think you could move towards my voice, Suwako? You might be able to see me if you do."
>

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #181 on: January 03, 2010, 04:14:30 AM »
Ok, this is discussion with the voices, not the parser.

We can move the bees, obviously. We could move them to Jeff, but I don't want to hurt him like that. We could move them to us, and be forced into that world, alone. This means we will fight the bees. How will we take them should we do so?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #182 on: January 03, 2010, 04:22:21 AM »
>The bees don't like people talking to Suwako, apparently. If Suwako is kinda in where Jeff met the bees last time, maybe talking to her helps her get out~
>"Hmm, I see... the lighting does seem to have changed a bit since we started talking. Maybe if we just keep talking, you'll be able to see something soon. If anything, talking usually helps people feel better when they're having a bad day. Do you think you could move towards my voice, Suwako? You might be able to see me if you do."
>

>"I...okay." says Suwako, her voice sounding a bit more strained. "It hurts... I don't know where you are. I can't tell. Are you above me?"
>The bees make it a little hard to hear her, but you are able to make out what she is saying fine right now.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #183 on: January 03, 2010, 04:26:53 AM »
>Position yourself in front of Suwako, where she is facing.
>"I'm in front of you Suwako, just at the edge of your pond... its not too far. Just fly over the pond's water and I'll tell you when you're getting close."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #184 on: January 03, 2010, 04:31:49 AM »
Ok, this is discussion with the voices, not the parser.

We can move the bees, obviously. We could move them to Jeff, but I don't want to hurt him like that. We could move them to us, and be forced into that world, alone. This means we will fight the bees. How will we take them should we do so?

Maybe spread them out among so many that their powers are trivialized? And it doesn't look like Suwako had any luck with the "taking in their essence" strategy...

>"Jeff, is there anything else I should know about this thing?"
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #185 on: January 03, 2010, 04:38:50 AM »
>Position yourself in front of Suwako, where she is facing.
>"I'm in front of you Suwako, just at the edge of your pond... its not too far. Just fly over the pond's water and I'll tell you when you're getting close."

>You do this, and give her insructions.
>She nods, and starts to step toward you over the water. She places a foot on the water, and starts to sob again. "I...can't fly," she says between sobs, "It hurts so much..." she takes another step, then falls to her knees on the water; which seems to hold her weight well enough.
>It is definitely getting darker now.

>"Jeff, is there anything else I should know about this thing?"

>"I-I-I..." he stammers. Which strikes you as strange, as he has nothing to stammer with. "I don't know!" he says in a single "gasp". Most of of his cloudy form is showing unpleasant-looking shapes.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #186 on: January 03, 2010, 04:41:26 AM »
>"Suwako, stay calm. It's okay. It'll be okay. We'll fix all this, one way or another."
>"This is going to sound crazy, but I... there's a horrifying bee-swarm monster that's involved with this. I think that's what's scaring you so much. But we're going to have to beat it... somehow."

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2010, 04:42:31 AM »
> Do we have any way to counter the darkness that's coming?
> Can we use any raw sun magic, even though we don't have any Sun spellcards with us?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #188 on: January 03, 2010, 04:43:28 AM »
>"Its okay Suwako, its okay... it looks like the water holds you up fine. Just come over here and I can try to help you, okay?"
>Its not particularly surprising if the water holds up Suwako, being all frog goddessy and such. But just to make sure, try stepping on the water to see if it holds you up too. Stuff is pretty messed up right now, after all.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #189 on: January 03, 2010, 04:48:23 AM »
>"Suwako, stay calm. It's okay. It'll be okay. We'll fix all this, one way or another."
>"This is going to sound crazy, but I... there's a horrifying bee-swarm monster that's involved with this. I think that's what's scaring you so much. But we're going to have to beat it... somehow."

>Suwako whimpers and nods, and starts trying to crawl toward you.

> Do we have any way to counter the darkness that's coming?
> Can we use any raw sun magic, even though we don't have any Sun spellcards with us?

>You were able to conjure a little fire beforehand. You might be able to create another light such as the one you used in the wake of the Sun's defeat. But, you are not sure if the Sun has any influence here.

>"Its okay Suwako, its okay... it looks like the water holds you up fine. Just come over here and I can try to help you, okay?"
>Its not particularly surprising if the water holds up Suwako, being all frog goddessy and such. But just to make sure, try stepping on the water to see if it holds you up too. Stuff is pretty messed up right now, after all.

>You give her some encouragement. You aren't sure if she heard it or not over the buzzing.
>You test the water, and get your foot a little wet.
>You note that the rainbow sky is showing much fewer warm colors than before.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #190 on: January 03, 2010, 04:53:14 AM »
> Conjure some more fire, as light.
> Infuse fire with Sun magic if possible.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #191 on: January 03, 2010, 04:55:45 AM »
>"It's entering this world, I see..."
>evaluate fear condition

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #192 on: January 03, 2010, 04:58:53 AM »
> Conjure some more fire, as light.
> Infuse fire with Sun magic if possible.

>You conjure a small fire in your palm. Then you try to infuse it with Sun magic. Were it not for your skill at mixing such things, this would run a fair chance of backfiring on you in the worst way.
>You are able to generate a weak light spell and mix it with the flame, creating a mote of burning light that orbits around you. You will have to be careful not set fire to yourself.
>You current condition is: panting for breath.

>"It's entering this world, I see..."
>evaluate fear condition

>You're a bit nervous, but not nearly so bad off as Jeff seems to be.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #193 on: January 03, 2010, 05:03:56 AM »
>Look at how far Suwako has gone, and how far she has left to go before she reaches you. Assuming nothing really bad happens beforehand.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #194 on: January 03, 2010, 05:13:15 AM »
>Look at how far Suwako has gone, and how far she has left to go before she reaches you. Assuming nothing really bad happens beforehand.

>She has walked and crawled about a third of the way from her prior lily pad to the bank.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #195 on: January 03, 2010, 05:14:17 AM »
>keep Black Glasses ready in case blindness might help reduce the terror. Not that that's likely.
>"Keep going, Suwako... hang in there... it's scary, but together we might be able to fix this..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #196 on: January 03, 2010, 05:24:46 AM »
>keep Black Glasses ready in case blindness might help reduce the terror. Not that that's likely.
>"Keep going, Suwako... hang in there... it's scary, but together we might be able to fix this..."

>She doesn't nod, but she keeps going, and pulls herself close to the halfway point before collapsing.
>It's difficult to even see the sky now.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #197 on: January 03, 2010, 05:45:14 AM »
>"Suwako!... damnit. Jeff, I'm in no condition to fly. I don't suppose I could ask you to go check on her?"

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #198 on: January 03, 2010, 05:50:28 AM »
> Are there still bees coming out of her hair/clothes?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #199 on: January 03, 2010, 05:57:39 AM »
>"Suwako!... damnit. Jeff, I'm in no condition to fly. I don't suppose I could ask you to go check on her?"

>"I-I...Uh...um...can I?"
>Jeff doesn't seem to be in much of a condition, either.

> Are there still bees coming out of her hair/clothes?

>There do not seem to be. Taking a second look, it seems the frogs vanished some time after she started talking to you.
>She starts trying to keep along the surface of the pond now. You think she's saying something, but you cannot hear her.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #200 on: January 03, 2010, 06:10:39 AM »
>"I-I...Uh...um...can I?"

>wait, who said that?
>try ladleing some bees in futility

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #201 on: January 03, 2010, 06:17:06 AM »
>wait, who said that?
>try ladleing some bees in futility

>That would be Jeff. He does not seem to be taking this very well.
>The bees are too far away to ladle from shore, unless you fly out there.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #202 on: January 03, 2010, 06:23:26 AM »
> Fly out and attempt to assist Suwako in crossing the pond

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #203 on: January 03, 2010, 06:33:09 AM »
> Give Suwako the KISS OF LIFE!
Wotters gonna' wot

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #204 on: January 03, 2010, 06:39:21 AM »
> Fly out and attempt to assist Suwako in crossing the pond

>Having caught your breath a little bit, you decide to try to take matters into your own hands.
>You take to the air over the pond and approach Suwako. As you do, the world around you grows darker. The atmosphere grows heavier and harder to breath. Your heart is beating faster, and you don't know why. It's getting harder to force yourself to go forward. The sound of buzzing is drowning out everything, including Suwako's sobbing.
>There are bees all around you now. Your wisp of solar-infused fire barely provides any light. Suwako is just an outline in the darkness. You can't see the shore anymore; you have no idea how far you have flown.

> Give Suwako the KISS OF LIFE!

>What if she has bees on her?

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #205 on: January 03, 2010, 06:48:27 AM »
>Okay, okay, don't panic, make an escape route
>... except that by now it's probably impossible to find which way we came from. Damnit.
>prick self lightly with Youmu's sword on second thought being enlightened to its true form might be a bad idea
>wave sword at bees

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #206 on: January 03, 2010, 07:02:04 AM »
>Okay, okay, don't panic, make an escape route
>... except that by now it's probably impossible to find which way we came from. Damnit.
>prick self lightly with Youmu's sword on second thought being enlightened to its true form might be a bad idea
>wave sword at bees

>You do your best to keep calm. It's just some strange subdimension...it only might kill you...
>You can only guess at the way you used to come in here, your only reference point is Suwako.
>You wave the sword around. They don't seem to care much, but you are left with a sense that the cardinal directions have not changed.

>_

Toasty

« Reply #207 on: January 03, 2010, 08:45:05 AM »
>turn around
>Leave gigyas bees behind and fly outta there

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #208 on: January 03, 2010, 10:51:34 AM »
>turn around
>Leave gigyas bees behind and fly outta there

>You decide this was a terrible idea and turn around to leave while you can still keep your bearing and your heart from hammering out of your chest.
>"Where are you?" Suwako says between sobs. "I can't hear you anymore."

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #209 on: January 03, 2010, 01:59:41 PM »
> If possible, get back to shore.
> Continue to assist Suwako.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.