Author Topic: Touhou Labyrinth discussion thread  (Read 319496 times)

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
Re: Touhou Labyrinth discussion thread
« Reply #930 on: January 06, 2010, 12:08:58 PM »

O.O I almost had her then T.T >:D

At this rate I think :dragonforce: xD

Is it possible for a char to be ON their turn but have buffs above 80%? Cause I have buffed to 100% then that char gets a turn and the buffs drop to 80%.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #931 on: January 06, 2010, 01:01:30 PM »
Alex, I would avoid that boss for a while... It's just seems stupidly random to win, even if you have High MND chars out with decent innate DTH resist and 3 Rings of Hades per char fighting, meaning 12 minimum, 36 rings to cover 12 chars safely X.X

For nicknames how about Jerk instead of b****? This way, no one should have to report anyone for sexism, or any BS like that :3

You definitely don't need that many Hades Rings.  I had about 7.  By this point you should have lots of other equipment that both boosts stats AND ailments, and can make use of that.  Specifically I think the Holy Win or whatever is great on Patchy for that fight.  It doesn't boost DTH resist, but it's a huge MND and MYS affinity bonus, which will basically seal her immunity, and also grants her a notably higher SP Recovery rate, so she can just sit there and use focus in slot four.  Back her up with the Ribbon from F13 and something else that boosts DTH (Star of Elendil?) and she'll be golden.  Then it's just a matter of keeping the rest of your party alive, because she'll just sit there wailing on the boss with Silent Selene.

Is it possible for a char to be ON their turn but have buffs above 80%? Cause I have buffed to 100% then that char gets a turn and the buffs drop to 80%.
Nope.  Because of the way things work, the maximum ATK/MAG buff you can ever benefit from is 80%.  But that's still a lot, especially with Master Spark.  It should be enough; and if not, you can use someone else with a powerful attack.  You could also try, if someone's out to do so, a paralysis attack, as I think you -can- stop her again after her Uber Mode triggers.  You just have to be a bit lucky XD
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 01:05:23 PM by Garlyle »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #932 on: January 06, 2010, 01:40:18 PM »
I beat her into the ground >:D No need for 10F Uber tank jerk XD

Spoiler:
Mokou only KO'ed Sanae, which was a cheap early KO, before I had the double Hakurei Barrier up and all that, Mokou just used her Fire-based physical move on Sanae who was is Slot 3 >.< But when Mokou used Rez, I whipped Marisa out, she gets her turn, Master Ass-Kicking Spark, Victory! Woohoo!

Meanwhile, Lily Sigil guardian on 15F... THAT is the Tremor/Earthquake boss you guys mentioned X.X I used Reisen's Discarder on it, 3 Quakes later Game Over.

Plenty of good for me, with a bit of bad :P

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #933 on: January 06, 2010, 08:21:57 PM »
So uhh. is there some kinda special weakness to the yellow kings on floor 29? those guys are brutal. They're like level 29 version of helbelmares with more health, more numbers (of them you have to fight I mean), and who take 0s from more moves!

Do they always take 0 from virtually everything for awhile? Or will a few levle ups start making some regular strong moves like royal flare and spear the gungier do more than 0 damage (like they did for helbelmares)?

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #934 on: January 06, 2010, 08:52:29 PM »
So uhh. is there some kinda special weakness to the yellow kings on floor 29? those guys are brutal. They're like level 29 version of helbelmares with more health, more numbers (of them you have to fight I mean), and who take 0s from more moves!

Do they always take 0 from virtually everything for awhile? Or will a few levle ups start making some regular strong moves like royal flare and spear the gungier do more than 0 damage (like they did for helbelmares)?

Defense peirces and non elemental spells should do it. Silent Selene, IIRC, does MUCH better than Royal Flare against them. Physical moves do jack, so stick to magic with no element.

Or you could just not fight them and level on floor 27 instead.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #935 on: January 06, 2010, 08:59:29 PM »
Defense peirces and non elemental spells should do it. Silent Selene, IIRC, does MUCH better than Royal Flare against them. Physical moves do jack, so stick to magic with no element.

Or you could just not fight them and level on floor 27 instead.

I'm progressing not leveling though =P. While I'm probably woefully underlevel for any boss I haven't already done atm, I want to explore to break the monotony. Plus there is the occasional uber piece of gear in chests.

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #936 on: January 06, 2010, 09:10:50 PM »
I wanted to see if I could set up my 15F optional and 18F character along with Remi and Alice to take on even one fight at the 20F.

Some enemies I generally can't take out without them pulling something out that messes my team up hard (Norns, Dwarves, sometimes the Hellfire Demons).

Everything else though...18F character's buff followed by Remi, Alice, and 15F optional laying down the assault can wipe out most everything not named beforehand before things get too dire.

Sure I have to go up to home base every battle to get the team refreshed, but the XP and Skill Points...dang.  It's more than worth it.

Reimu lv115 right now...and I must have done around an hour, maybe two hours, of 20F grinding.

Good to go now and explore 19F for treasure and likely Sigil Guardians.

Also...Diamond Knights crack me up everytime I see Scourge.  Watching Remi get nailed for 200-220k was hilarious.

Their drop is ownage too.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

« Reply #937 on: January 06, 2010, 09:27:43 PM »
Anyone have a reccomendation for a character who can inflict paralysis? Reimu is too busy spamming her buff with the occasional Fantasy Seal to use hers and I don't want to use Cirno.

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #938 on: January 06, 2010, 09:32:24 PM »
Anyone have a reccomendation for a character who can inflict paralysis? Reimu is too busy spamming her buff with the occasional Fantasy Seal to use hers and I don't want to use Cirno.
Spoiler:
Suwako
has the best PAR in the game, and it deals nice damage as well. She's also got a great nuke, and her MAG-based multi-hits are okay even if you completely concentrate on her ATK (which you should).
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Milkyway64

« Reply #939 on: January 06, 2010, 09:35:44 PM »
I'm progressing not leveling though =P. While I'm probably woefully underlevel for any boss I haven't already done atm, I want to explore to break the monotony. Plus there is the occasional uber piece of gear in chests.

Chen + TP + escape = winnar.

Generally, she'll outspeed everything with a few speed increases, even those pesky Strategist fellows.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #940 on: January 06, 2010, 09:36:34 PM »
Fellow cheaters! What's the address to freeze encounter rate at 0?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #941 on: January 06, 2010, 10:00:19 PM »
Well I'm fucked.. I am experiencing the same problem Garlyle's friend is.. A wall that shouldn't be there is making it literally impossible to progress. On floor 29, you go down 2 interesections (are forced to because of orbs), and the 3rd one is a whole row of intersections without crystals, so you can go whichever direction you please. you HAVE to go left one intersection, then down to proceed. I did just that, and explored around, and saved, and quit.

Now today, I can't go left, there's a wall there, and there is no way to get to that teleporter south of 1 intersection left without turning left there.

Garlyle, please tell me your buddy fixed his problem? if so how, because I'm pretty much at the end of the game (For me) unless it gets fixed for me.

update: still haven't fixed my game breaking issue. Any advice on /wristing? >=P

moar update: I give up I'm irreversably stuck. Is there some kind of way of editing the map or something? Or maybe a way to cheat and trick the game into thinking I have the floor 20 waypoint?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 02:53:21 AM by Ghaleon »

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #942 on: January 07, 2010, 02:54:32 AM »
19F exploration has turned up some Sigil Guardians. The Laurel, Calla, Acacia, and Palm Sigil guardians have all been taken down.

Palm Sigil guardian gets a mention for being kinda ugly and perhaps kinda stupid.  Imagine my response when I saw what its Strengthening Jutsu did.  100% MAG buff?  Geez your damage is high enough as is. 

Thankfully it didn't pull a screw you attack out.  Shooting Star did pretty much 1 shot Remi though (With 18F character's buff cast that very turn the boss's buff was cast no less!).

Now exploring 20F more with the way forward opened up.  Found where I take it the final boss is, but will finish up exploring the 20F first and do some serious grinding.

Reimu lv125 ATM.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #943 on: January 07, 2010, 03:10:24 AM »
Well I'm fucked.. I am experiencing the same problem Garlyle's friend is.. A wall that shouldn't be there is making it literally impossible to progress. On floor 29, you go down 2 interesections (are forced to because of orbs), and the 3rd one is a whole row of intersections without crystals, so you can go whichever direction you please. you HAVE to go left one intersection, then down to proceed. I did just that, and explored around, and saved, and quit.

Now today, I can't go left, there's a wall there, and there is no way to get to that teleporter south of 1 intersection left without turning left there.

Garlyle, please tell me your buddy fixed his problem? if so how, because I'm pretty much at the end of the game (For me) unless it gets fixed for me.

update: still haven't fixed my game breaking issue. Any advice on /wristing? >=P

moar update: I give up I'm irreversably stuck. Is there some kind of way of editing the map or something? Or maybe a way to cheat and trick the game into thinking I have the floor 20 waypoint?

Neo got around it by sending his save data to someone else who had the game, and letting them get past it, reach the next Relay Point, and sending it back.

I... have no idea what causes this or anything though @_@

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #944 on: January 07, 2010, 04:48:16 AM »
Yay, got it working. made it to 30F. Some questions regarding it for the people who have done it:

Spoiler:
Only "trash" encountered so far was Reisen mk3. I figured all the trash there are boss remakes, and reisen should have been particularly easy. Alas she 1shot ko my entire party when casted starmine. What is the reccommended level for the trash here about?  Also, do they all drop endgame gear? Or just certain ones? How often to the appropriate ones drop stuff about? same as floor 20 trash? better? etc.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #945 on: January 07, 2010, 05:08:08 AM »
Looking at the Japanese Wiki, items I'm seeing worth getting are Psycho Guns and Rhododendron Dresses (you should know what these are like from treasure chests if you've fully explored the labyrinth), but I don't know that they're worth grinding up at 30F for them (especially since, with the very wide variety of encounters, you likely won't be finding the ones you want too often).  I also don't know anything about the drop rates of any items, since I've only fought a handful of fights there.  My two personal favorites for grinding at this point (until I gave up...) were 26F (to farm ZUN Hats), and 27F (for actual xp/skp).  If you can one-shot trash on those floors, they're much more worth your time than struggling for every fight up at 30F (xp/skp up there is -not- worth the struggle).
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #946 on: January 07, 2010, 06:40:20 AM »
Yeah I know it's not worth it at my point. But variety keeps you interested, and items are nice.. so just 2 drops? booo. There is no trash that drops necronomicon in the game? I got one from a boss and I adore it >=P

Krimmydoodle

« Reply #947 on: January 07, 2010, 06:50:45 AM »
Well, I supplied the link to the wiki so you could check yourself.  The items I mentioned were things I liked, which would admittedly be skewed to my style (I like the 30F drops I mentioned for a combination of anti-status and good stats, and the 26F hats for boosted affinities).  While not every enemy drops something, there are plenty that I didn't mention, with that Necronomicon being dropped by
Spoiler:
Alice mk3
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #948 on: January 07, 2010, 07:30:53 AM »
Eh, sorry, I just assumed the translation on that page was terribad like it was every time I translate it myself (the method I use is diff btw, your way is better). This actually makes sense now, mostly. I'm still confused as to who some of the characters are. Like wtf is Orange, it's not the stage 1 boss Orange, I know that for a fact.

Krimmydoodle

« Reply #949 on: January 07, 2010, 07:57:55 AM »
Orange is likely Chen, since Chen, Ran, and Yukari are named after the colors orange, indigo, and violet (referring to their relative power levels with a comparison to visible light).  But yeah, some of those are still terribad translations that I can't figure out.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #950 on: January 07, 2010, 09:34:51 AM »
For those that want to explore without getting ambushed:

Spoiler:
Float type
Address 00121AD8
The address should be fixed, as it is for things like exp and skp

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #951 on: January 07, 2010, 09:47:34 AM »
Looking at the Japanese Wiki, items I'm seeing worth getting are Psycho Guns and Rhododendron Dresses (you should know what these are like from treasure chests if you've fully explored the labyrinth), but I don't know that they're worth grinding up at 30F for them (especially since, with the very wide variety of encounters, you likely won't be finding the ones you want too often).  I also don't know anything about the drop rates of any items, since I've only fought a handful of fights there.  My two personal favorites for grinding at this point (until I gave up...) were 26F (to farm ZUN Hats), and 27F (for actual xp/skp).  If you can one-shot trash on those floors, they're much more worth your time than struggling for every fight up at 30F (xp/skp up there is -not- worth the struggle).

30F fights are the only reason why I'm at level 1300 now

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Krimmydoodle

« Reply #952 on: January 07, 2010, 09:57:14 AM »
I said it's not worth the struggle.  I'm sure there's a point where 30F fights become easy enough that they are indeed worth the xp, but at that point, you're not struggling anymore.  At the level you're likely to be when you first reach 30F, it's more efficient to get in a higher quantity of lower-level trash fights.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #953 on: January 07, 2010, 01:06:48 PM »
O.O I got pwnt T.T

Spoiler:
Flandre, stop nuking meeee~ I don't wanna eat your Forbidden Fruit anymore, and give your Starbow Break a break X( She's freaking uber right now. I can't last more then 7~ turns against her, or the Sigil Guardian. 16F could be a Game Over on the 1st turn, I can't find the last Sake Shard(s) so no Suika and, I am complaining way to much ._.
I need your halp please :3

Milkyway64

« Reply #954 on: January 07, 2010, 05:20:45 PM »
You've hit the second major grind wall. Get used to killing normal enemies, because you'll be doing that a lot just to advance the game let alone pick up that optional.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #955 on: January 07, 2010, 07:37:28 PM »
You've hit the second major grind wall. Get used to killing normal enemies, because you'll be doing that a lot just to advance the game let alone pick up that optional.
With 10F bitch walling everything you should be able to beat 15F girl soon. If you don't use her, you'll have to level up first. Grind until Reimu lv75~80 and you should be able to beat the 16F boss.

At that point, the Lily Sigil shouldn't be too hard, and if she still is have the 8F 1st optional spam PAR on it and it shouldn't get to move at all.

18F is the next hard part, if you don't cheap it out with 10F girl then you might need to be like at least Reimu lv110. I'll find out eventually, since on this second playthrough I'm doing, I'm using like 10 different characters in my party of 12.

ALSO, I had an idea that would have been awesome if they didn't make it not work.
Spoiler:
Basically, Yukari uses Spiriting Away(fill all other ATB gauges to full), 2 characters attack or switch out, and then Kaguya uses Bhudda's Stone Bowl(single ATB guage to full) on Yukari. Works in theory as long as the 2 characters are faster then Kaguya. If you spend all your lvlup bonuses and equipment on SP for Yukari, she could go for quite awhile before running out of SP in Plus Disk.

BUT, it doesn't work because apparently they made it so Kaguya always moves first after Spiriting Away. Damn.

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #956 on: January 07, 2010, 07:51:51 PM »
BUT, it doesn't work because apparently they made it so Kaguya always moves first after Spiriting Away. Damn. [/spoiler]

Have you tried messing around with your character positioning? Early in the game where everyone has exactly 100 speed, who goes first depends completely on who is on what character slot.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #957 on: January 07, 2010, 07:57:27 PM »
Spoiler:
How about comboing Yukari, Kaguya, Yuyuko for turn lockdown?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #958 on: January 07, 2010, 08:05:25 PM »
Have you tried messing around with your character positioning? Early in the game where everyone has exactly 100 speed, who goes first depends completely on who is on what character slot.
I did try but... not very long. It also might be that its simply the slowest character that moves after
Spoiler:
Spiriting Away and not Kaguya
. But I figured they probably just made it so
Spoiler:
Kaguya
always moves first after that move so it can't be abused.

Spoiler:
How about comboing Yukari, Kaguya, Yuyuko for turn lockdown?
I don't believe the decrease effect is dramatic enough for this to work, although in combination with
Spoiler:
Suwako's
amazing PAR and with a -50% speed debuff as well as Yuyuko... this could be very effective.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #959 on: January 07, 2010, 08:20:12 PM »
Yay, got it working. made it to 30F. Some questions regarding it for the people who have done it:

Spoiler:
Only "trash" encountered so far was Reisen mk3. I figured all the trash there are boss remakes, and reisen should have been particularly easy. Alas she 1shot ko my entire party when casted starmine. What is the reccommended level for the trash here about?  Also, do they all drop endgame gear? Or just certain ones? How often to the appropriate ones drop stuff about? same as floor 20 trash? better? etc.
Spoiler:
Yes, it's all Mk. 3 normal-game bosses, or Mk. 2 plus-disk bosses, and the level recommended can be anywhere from 300 up to "still giving me some trouble around 500".  I don't know specifically what they're all at though D:

Regardless, if I'm right, they've all got an awesome drop of some sort, so going up there and fighting stuff every once in a while might not be a bad idea, just, er... save and return after pretty much every fight because I'm fairly certain Utusho Ver. 2 gives a lot of people more trouble than the first two superbosses on that floor.