Author Topic: Touhou Labyrinth discussion thread  (Read 318623 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: Touhou Labyrinth discussion thread
« Reply #120 on: December 08, 2009, 03:09:34 AM »
...Also I'm getting goddamn sick of the goddamn mess that is the whole Iron Maze/Drink Maze/Elder Coffin fiasco.  I just want it to be over with damnit ;-;

Here here...siiigh. It makes floor 7 look like a walk in the park lol.

I just unlocked the miniboss sidequest thingie too. I mean, just when I thought I must be nearly done by finding her, I'm given a mission to find 10 thingies scattered across the very area I was hoping to finish. ARRRGHAGHAHG!

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #121 on: December 08, 2009, 03:14:08 AM »
No-no-no, only one is on floor ten, and you need not mess with any switches. Start on Floor one, and look for an event you can't point out what it is on your map.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #122 on: December 08, 2009, 03:42:50 AM »
No-no-no, only one is on floor ten, and you need not mess with any switches. Start on Floor one, and look for an event you can't point out what it is on your map.

ooh thanks. Iw as wondering wtf they all were lol. I thought they were all on those 3 floors (I know she said that very floor but I was expecting a typo or mistranslation or something, much like the whole evasion/accuracy deal)

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
« Reply #123 on: December 08, 2009, 05:12:09 AM »
In the dialogue file her line is actually "10 of 'em UP TO this floor!"

...Don't worry though, that got me for a while too.

Milkyway64

« Reply #124 on: December 08, 2009, 05:14:44 AM »
Power leveling really does fix everything. Leveling to an average of 55 had me beating the floor 8 boss and the floor ten boss in one try, and the floor 12 bosses on my second. (Love paralysis. Love it.) I'm moving on to floor 13 after a little break.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #125 on: December 08, 2009, 05:40:05 AM »
Floor 16 is an insanely awesome boss fight and I was -not disapointed-. :V

Edit: AND THEN FLOOR 18 OPENING is just god I love this game so much despite all the abuse.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 06:03:58 AM by Chaore »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #126 on: December 08, 2009, 05:57:32 AM »
Power leveling really does fix everything. Leveling to an average of 55 had me beating the floor 8 boss and the floor ten boss in one try, and the floor 12 bosses on my second. (Love paralysis. Love it.) I'm moving on to floor 13 after a little break.

My guys range from 46-52, and I defeated floor 12 bosses...still scared of the floor 8 one though lol. wish me luck >=p
BTW, how are the floor 12 bosses that you get after? I'm not impressed with their stats, and while some of their spells have nice effects, they seem to be costly, and they say "a bit" or "slightly", so I'm wondering if it's worth having a gimp character just for a small debuff or whatever.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2009, 06:06:50 AM »
Stop going so fast >_<. I'haven't even got Bitch on 5F yet. Not-bitch on 6F was nice  but I'm still so far behind.

Chaore

« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2009, 06:08:19 AM »
Well you've got a day to do 12 levels then. GET TO IT. :V

Really, The levels shave off a bit when you hit the gimmick floors with no real bosses and the three set levels.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #129 on: December 08, 2009, 06:11:58 AM »

Goddamn.  My average level is 47 right now and I haven't taken on the F12 bosses yet XD

...But I can't take out that optional boss on F10 yet because she does too much damage right now.  Even -with- defense buffs, only Meiling and a certain higher-HP character could survive... barely.

Does it matter? magic missle does more, that's just plain weird.. but ok
261 attack (don't think it matters)
2100 magic
280sp
A: The target is high MND & MYS resistant
B: SP really does make that much of a difference.  I've got 2600 MAG and 401 SP, and have had it top 27000 damage after a single Concentrate - the strongest attack I've done (KiTS came close on the butterflies though)

My guys range from 46-52, and I defeated floor 12 bosses...still scared of the floor 8 one though lol. wish me luck >=p
I took it out at about 42-48.  Just be sure to buff up your tanks with extra FIR resistance, then spam Paralyzing, Cold, and Slowing moves.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2009, 06:27:03 AM »
Well you've got a day to do 12 levels then. GET TO IT. :V

Really, The levels shave off a bit when you hit the gimmick floors with no real bosses and the three set levels.

I'll try clear up 7F by the time I get home. Self-employed means I can play it at work :V.

Milkyway64

« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2009, 07:21:21 AM »
...But I can't take out that optional boss on F10 yet because she does too much damage right now.  Even -with- defense buffs, only Meiling and a certain higher-HP character could survive... barely.

Paralyze. Paralyze. Paralyze. She never got to use her party-wide move a single time. She got maybe 2 attacks off before I chipped her to nothing. Chen's buff + Phoenix Spread Wings will do nice damage, as will Patchy and Marisa (Only one at a time though, you want one damage dealer and three others to hold her down)

On a side note, floor 13, while not as expansive and backtrack happy, is very annoying to traverse. Prepare that print screen key, guys.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2009, 07:27:26 AM »
Stop going so fast >_<. I'haven't even got Bitch on 5F yet. Not-bitch on 6F was nice  but I'm still so far behind.

I'm sick, so I got nothing better to do than play games (more like game) all day. it's tragic >=P

Floor 8 optional boss was just like the floor 7 mandatory one. Very very intimidating with that opener, but if you can survive it, it's a joke. Now off to the floor 10 optional, then I'm off to floor 13+, yay.

Update:
EEEK <3 the floor 8 optional boss character unlock's spells! Time for Rumia to go. I recall people saying I needed Rumia used to unlock more characters. I used her quite extensively (like all the time until out of TP, not for bosses though) until now. Do I have to continue using her? I'm not really sure on these character unlock requirements.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 07:35:32 AM by Ghaleon »

Milkyway64

« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2009, 08:05:06 AM »
I'm sick, so I got nothing better to do than play games (more like game) all day. it's tragic >=P

Floor 8 optional boss was just like the floor 7 mandatory one. Very very intimidating with that opener, but if you can survive it, it's a joke. Now off to the floor 10 optional, then I'm off to floor 13+, yay.

Update:
EEEK <3 the floor 8 optional boss character unlock's spells! Time for Rumia to go. I recall people saying I needed Rumia used to unlock more characters. I used her quite extensively (like all the time until out of TP, not for bosses though) until now. Do I have to continue using her? I'm not really sure on these character unlock requirements.

Did you get an event on floor nine about Rumia going behind a wall and seeing a black cat? If so, you can drop her. If you got an event where she bumps into walls, go back and see if it's changed.

Although I'd like for someone to clear up the other requirements. I got one with Chen, Youmu, and I think Patchy. However, I am not sure if the one with Patchy disappeared and if not, where I found it.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2009, 08:21:51 AM »
Did you get an event on floor nine about Rumia going behind a wall and seeing a black cat? If so, you can drop her. If you got an event where she bumps into walls, go back and see if it's changed.

Although I'd like for someone to clear up the other requirements. I got one with Chen, Youmu, and I think Patchy. However, I am not sure if the one with Patchy disappeared and if not, where I found it.

Yeah I got all 4 of those, are you use you have to use the characters for that though? Neither Youmu or Chen were in my party of 12 at all. And Youmu was pretty much one of the very first characters I've perma-benched.

Milkyway64

« Reply #135 on: December 08, 2009, 08:36:09 AM »
Yeah I got all 4 of those, are you use you have to use the characters for that though? Neither Youmu or Chen were in my party of 12 at all. And Youmu was pretty much one of the very first characters I've perma-benched.

They disappear if you've fought enough, I thought. I had to break Rumia and Youmu out and fight for 20 minutes to get their events to change and disappear, while Chen's definately went on the first time (used her since I got her, pretty much) I am only unsure on Patchy, since I usually just use her for bosses but there was a good floor or two were I included her in the front four.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2009, 08:42:29 AM »
Oh ffs, I hate hate hate those stupid @%#@%ing flying sword-nosed fish thingies. No matter what floor, they're always RNG gheydom. I mean seriously, they go faster than aya with 30% speed equipment, and can 2shot ANYBODY..oh and they spawn 2 at a time. Lame. At least those stupid I cast death and move really fast shadow cat thingies on the floor previous weren't faster than Aya >=\

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #137 on: December 08, 2009, 09:14:54 AM »
Dunno about you, but I bought everyone at least 5 levels of speed, 10 for casters. My party always has one character that is fast enough to soften the enemy/take out their units faster than my aoe.

Milkyway64

« Reply #138 on: December 08, 2009, 09:16:03 AM »
My Chen > Swordfish things.  :V Now, those tops...

By the way, easy way to check if you have all requirements for the character ready for the black cat; next floor (14) just head straight down from where the stairs drop you off (pass over the stairs and press X, you'll also pass a relay point) and you may run smack into a boss icon, and get subsequently 1shotted by the boss. >_>

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #139 on: December 08, 2009, 09:29:07 AM »
Dunno about you, but I bought everyone at least 5 levels of speed, 10 for casters. My party always has one character that is fast enough to soften the enemy/take out their units faster than my aoe.

I got 20-30 on all the guys I use, along with 5-10 level up ones as well.. Them fishies are just screaming fast (yeah the tops are too, but they can't 2shot hong,remi,and 1shot anybody else).

Kinda sad, I've done every optional boss in the game up to my point (excluding the post-game ones I mean), and now I'm thinking about leveling up..For the trash *cries*...Gonna take awhile too, even if Aya does get the jump on the fishies, she can't hope to 1shot em. Also, am I missing something obvious about the gimmick on my floor? I don't get it. I mean I understand I'm supposed to collect various clues on various teleporter combinations. But not only do they not really make sense (yet), but the clues themselves are scattered behind teleporter permutations (out of 128, fun fun)  that you can only guess at.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #140 on: December 08, 2009, 11:49:48 AM »
Notes on Youmu, Patchy, Chen, and Rumia events:
You'll see em normally regardless.
If they don't disappear after viewing them, however, you need to accumulate more Battle Points with them.

Battle Points are accumulated up to 2 per battle - 1 for starting a battle with that character, 1 for ending a battle with em.  You need 150 or 200 for each girl.  For another event formerly mentioned, you want 1000 total between all four related characters.

By the way, whatever character's on your save file is the one with the most battle points.  I've got Marisa there, though she was briefly overtaken by Meiling last night.

But not only do they not really make sense (yet), but the clues themselves are scattered behind teleporter permutations (out of 128, fun fun)  that you can only guess at.
Binary

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #141 on: December 08, 2009, 01:03:26 PM »
Well, ghost sword bitch on 2F fell after I went and gained a couple levels.  In fact, I somehow had a much easier time with her.

Her helper did poison all of one time, she herself did her strongest party attack one time, and I was able to keep most characters well buffed/healed until the end.

Mapped out most of 3F so far.  Found a boss icon, but didn't engage the boss since I had to go and save.

That and I didn't want to go all rambo style into a boss icon and get killed as a result.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #142 on: December 08, 2009, 02:37:34 PM »
Run into 7F bitch on my first encounter. Manages to pwn my casters from the go :/. I managed to out-tank her and made it through a few portals before leaving.

5F bitch is quite a joke when you know her trick. She only attacks the leftmost character. I don't know if the lack of aoe from her is luck, but getting spammed by basics sure means Tewi was with me. Just park Marisa and Patchy in the last slots, profit in no time.

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #143 on: December 08, 2009, 04:01:20 PM »
Finished off 3F without much hassle.  Hungry girl in darkness wasn't that bad, just annoying with the debuffing occuring on some turns.

Exploring 4F was fun.  I kinda randomly rambo charged into a mini-boss fight that was some Sigil's Guardian.  Other than the opening attack wiping my autumn girl in one shot, it wasn't anything too noteworthy.

Currently have a full party of 12 girls and the only thing left to do is to deal with the dollmaster girl.

Characters range from 18 (Remi and Patchy since they seem to level a bit on the slow side) to 22 (Chen levels fast).

Also got 18.3k Skill Points to decide on how to distribute before I tackle that fight.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2009, 04:14:36 PM »
Moar power! Main stat, HP, SP and speed are always good. You pick up TP boosting gear very soon anyway.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #145 on: December 08, 2009, 08:18:38 PM »
Finished off 3F without much hassle.  Hungry girl in darkness wasn't that bad, just annoying with the debuffing occuring on some turns.

are these "spoiler savers" really fooling anybody? I mean honestly lol.

Binary

Not really. I mean
1000000, 0000010, 0000001,0000000 all take me to the same location. After giving up trying things sequentially (in binary I might add), I tried something random. Which took me to some place whose clue was something like (I don't remember exactly) "XOOXXOX", I figured it was telling me to try "0110010", which took me to some other location that said something like "2,3,7 and onwards". I was like... wtf Now what.

am I really supposed to just punch in random patterns and hope I get a useful clue? Or do the clues actually start to make sense after you get a certain amount?

I mean it just seems amazingly stupid so far that while there are 128 possible permutations of teleporter locations, they are NOT actually in binary (1000000 is further away from 00000001 0110010  for example, but yet takes me to the same location as 1), so err, just seems weird and dumb to me so far.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 08:26:21 PM by Ghaleon »

Chaore

« Reply #146 on: December 08, 2009, 08:20:40 PM »
The good ones are.  :V Though a few are inevitably spoiled already.

Seriously though, (Number)floor bitch should work well, Just use that.

Milkyway64

« Reply #147 on: December 08, 2009, 08:48:26 PM »
Seems the general rule of thumb is early game characters (The starters, Meiling, Chen, Cirno, Youmu, and Rumia) are safe to mention, while floor four and up is taboo.

So... any tips for the optional floor 14 boss? I'm getting DTH'd all over the place if the raw damage doesn't kill me. X_x

Chaore

« Reply #148 on: December 08, 2009, 08:55:08 PM »
Seems the general rule of thumb is early game characters (The starters, Meiling, Chen, Cirno, Youmu, and Rumia) are safe to mention, while floor four and up is taboo.

So... any tips for the optional floor 14 boss? I'm getting DTH'd all over the place if the raw damage doesn't kill me. X_x
DTH Resistant Items. And Reimu. Preferably both at once, Funnily, It ended up with Reimu and Marisa versus that boss on my end. :V

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #149 on: December 09, 2009, 12:08:28 AM »

Man, Assuming this 14th floor optional boss is who I think it is (I haven't been to floor 14, though I rekon it's related to the cat on floors 10-12), I hope their player-used spellcards feature more than death death and death (like the floor 7 character whom you don't have to fight to get, but have to fight 4 minibosses on floor 8).

Insta death spells are boring. Not to mention they are either 100% useless on a boss, or trivialize a boss so bad that you might as well just cheat and ruin the game.

Floor 13 is the pits. I found the exit, but I'm stuck doing it still because I want to make sure I find every area. Especially because one of them had an event involving a certain favorite character of mine which I absolutely must have in my party at some point, and I'll kill myself if I miss out. Anybody know how many Events she has on this floor?...And is it just me or do monsters attack you more often on this floor? Seriously, it feels like I can't walk 5 steps without combat.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 04:28:36 AM by Ghaleon »