Author Topic: Touhou RAGE Thread  (Read 196724 times)

saiyoucho

• *Ahem*.. Mukyu!
    • Touhou Sweden
Re: Touhou RAGE Thread
« Reply #690 on: July 09, 2009, 10:56:31 PM »
er... use bombs? :P

i can get past her without losing a life.. i use bombs in two of her spellcards though :/
I can't even get past her mid-level appearance without bomb-spamming. And I can beat like maybe 1-2 of her cards without bombing if I'm lucky. But even trying that usually leads to me losing 1-2 lives or more since pretty much none of her spellcards make ANY sense at all. >_<

There's just a lot of crap flying around everywhere.
Take me to your library, give me your spellbooks.

« Reply #691 on: July 09, 2009, 11:03:15 PM »
Dammit, I'm still raging at Hourai Jewel.  I've heard several times that this thing is supposed to be easy (for a final spellcard at least), but just how is it supposed to be easy?  I know the theoretical method to switching sides (listening for the sound of the bullets and whatnot) but so many times I just end up creating a solid wall for no reason.  Is there a way to consistently get through this thing?

Drake

« Reply #692 on: July 09, 2009, 11:15:38 PM »

i can get past her without losing a life.. i use bombs in two of her spellcards though :/
But Sanae on Easy is really, really easy.

Midboss opener: You can get in the middle right at the start and avoid much bullshit.
Midboss card: Dodge and probably bomb. Don't go to the sides, though. Walls ensue.
Opener: Same as her midboss. Stay as high up as you can without dying.
Guests: Ew. Less killer on Normal, but it's pretty much streaming. It's static aside from the one bullet.
Noncard: Uh, pretty straightforward. Don't get walled in.
Moses: Standard streaming back and forth. Don't crash into the wall.
Noncard: loleasy
Card: I just bomb, but it's pathfinding. Find a way through the blue walls and dodge accordingly.
Last: Oh god loleasy.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

saiyoucho

• *Ahem*.. Mukyu!
    • Touhou Sweden
« Reply #693 on: July 09, 2009, 11:19:03 PM »

But Sanae on Easy is really, really easy.

Midboss opener: You can get in the middle right at the start and avoid much bullshit.
Midboss card: Dodge and probably bomb. Don't go to the sides, though. Walls ensue.
Opener: Same as her midboss. Stay as high up as you can without dying.
Guests: Ew. Less killer on Normal, but it's pretty much streaming. It's static aside from the one bullet.
Noncard: Uh, pretty straightforward. Don't get walled in.
Moses: Standard streaming back and forth. Don't crash into the wall.
Noncard: loleasy
Card: I just bomb, but it's pathfinding. Find a way through the blue walls and dodge accordingly.
Last: Oh god loleasy.
I don't play on Easy, I never do. I'm afraid I'd fall asleep.
As I said before, I'm playing on normal. So I'm not sure those strategies would work.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #694 on: July 09, 2009, 11:24:06 PM »
I was talking about normal too... :P
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

saiyoucho

• *Ahem*.. Mukyu!
    • Touhou Sweden
« Reply #695 on: July 09, 2009, 11:27:08 PM »
Oh in that case I'll try that later. You wouldn't have to have a replay of it too btw?

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #696 on: July 09, 2009, 11:38:25 PM »
How the HELL do you beat that evil damned Sanae in MoF without her completely raeping your entire stock of extralives?!

I'm freaking going insane on this shit. I don't have too much problems figuring out the other bosses patterns, I just need some more practice on them.

But hell I have no freaking idea how to deal with Sanae! I usually make it up there with like 4-5 lives or so atleast, but the best I've ever managed to survive with when I actually beat that evil devil in disguise is a measly 1 life left.  >:(

Anyone got any tips or replays showing how to deal with her evil stars of death? I'm playing on normal by the way.

I hate you Sanae.. ;___; I hate you so very much.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3824

Let's see...

Midboss Noncard: make sure you move into the center when the stars fold.  That's the key part.  The rest should be easy.

Midboss Spellcard: honestly, I don't think there is much of a trick to this one.  You just have to know how to read it.  Probably a good one to bomb for now.

Boss Noncard 1: memorize how it starts.  The intro is static (same every time), so find something that works and stick with it.  Once the randomness kicks in, keep an eye up and look for openings in the bullet waves.  Because the waves spread as they descend, it's best to go through any holes as soon as possible, while the waves are still small.  If you can't go through the holes in time, you may get walled off.  Don't hesitate to bomb if this happens.

Boss Spellcard 1: uh, don't ask me.  The card is different from the one that pops up in its place on Hard/Lunatic, so I'm not familiar with it, and the dodging in the replay was purely impromptu dodging.

Boss Noncard 2: Sanae will fire blue waves and red waves.  It should be simple when only one wave is approaching, but when the two overlap, look ahead for an opening where the overlap doesn't combine to make a wall.

Boss Spellcard 2: basic streaming.  (Move slowly in one direction, then as you approach the wall, dash toward the wall and reverse direction.  It's a common strategy for dealing with aimed attacks, so if you're not familiar with streaming, get to know it well.)

Boss Noncard 3: ignore everything to the left and right of Sanae.  Pay attention only to what's below her.  Watch the path, and follow it.  Left right left right left right.  Should be simple.

Boss Spellcard 3: red waves will spread, blue waves will stay together.  Keep an eye out for blue waves, as they'll wall you if you stand in their way.  Find a spot that doesn't have a blue wave approaching, then read and dodge the red bullets.

Boss Spellcard 4: circular bullets are aimed, so stream in one direction until a wave has passed.  When a blue wave comes, fit yourself into a hole and follow it moving left.  When a green wave comes, fit into a hole and follow it right.

Hopefully this helps.  Sorry if I explained anything that was overly obvious and you feel offended.  I'd rather overexplain the obvious than post "loleasy" in response to something that someone might not get.  *cough cough
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #697 on: July 09, 2009, 11:45:19 PM »
I thought I would finally return to trying to finish SoEW Extra with "Spread Type" (a.k.a. that ridiculously speedy one).

1 bomb clear the stage portion. I think I found a few awesome spots. Then I died three times to the first phase. My fault for forgetting everything.

How do you survive the "Balls of Death" (3rd Phase)? I clip even using the other two shot types, and it takes far too long to get through because you need to be on the side for about 70% of the time.

Dohohohoho
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 12:00:38 AM by BaitySM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

saiyoucho

• *Ahem*.. Mukyu!
    • Touhou Sweden
« Reply #698 on: July 09, 2009, 11:49:52 PM »
Sorry if I explained anything that was overly obvious and you feel offended.  I'd rather overexplain the obvious than post "loleasy" in response to something that someone might not get.  *cough cough
Thanks a LOT Krim. I just watched the replay and there's a lot of stuff that's suddenly starting to make a lot more sense now.

Oh don't worry about explaining overly obvious things. As I said before, I had no idea how to deal with her cards. They just seemed way too random unlike other bosses cards.

I saw some things that I never thought about before in between all the "omg not again! ;__;" moments when playing.

Funny thing though, MoF crashed for the first time ever just after I finished watching the replay lol. I guess it couldn't take all the skillfull evading. =P

Now it looks like I have a lot of practicing to look forward to. x)

Drake

« Reply #699 on: July 10, 2009, 12:19:43 AM »
Sorry, I feel terrible today and my explaining skills are as such.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

saiyoucho

• *Ahem*.. Mukyu!
    • Touhou Sweden
« Reply #700 on: July 10, 2009, 12:27:46 AM »
Sorry, I feel terrible today and my explaining skills are as such.
Oh don't worry. I've been tired all day, and I just find it a lot easier to learn from watching something than actually reading a lot of stuff.
=)

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #701 on: July 10, 2009, 12:27:52 AM »
IN Extra + anyone that isn't named Reimu/Yukari = hell.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #702 on: July 10, 2009, 12:58:22 AM »
RAGE

just lost 4 lives to Marisa in IN Normal... game over right there, and I thought I was doing pretty good before that... silly me =/
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

saiyoucho

• *Ahem*.. Mukyu!
    • Touhou Sweden
« Reply #703 on: July 10, 2009, 01:04:16 AM »
RAGE

just lost 4 lives to Marisa in IN Normal... game over right there, and I thought I was doing pretty good before that... silly me =/
Ouch, I can totally relate to that. Marisa in IN is pretty much the biggest reason why I always play as her in that game, so I don't have to face her. >_<

I just can't deal with all those small spiky stars. They are pretty much all over the place. And I still remember the first time I realised that those small sharp points on the stars also kills you.

Nuclear Fusion