Author Topic: Spellcard Help Topic  (Read 160337 times)

Re: Spellcard Help Topic
« Reply #930 on: November 14, 2009, 11:58:56 PM »
I can't capture ANY of Reisen's cards... Sometimes her last one, but less than 50% of the times. The other ones are 0%

Is that trolling? ;)

Reisens Cards are really simple. Difficulty?

I'm assuming Lunatic here. Reisen doesn't have any cards that are more difficult on lower difficulties so lunatic demonstrates the most extreme solution to the cards that will work on lower difficulties as well.

The first one can be done by moving in a very simple pattern. Follow this replay:
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=5955

It can be done on all difficulties.

The second one can be a little cluster-fucky at Lunatic but at anything below you'll just have to find a safe zone and move down with the pattern:
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=5956

The third one i always consider to be the hardest though some say its pretty easy. I agree with that on Hard and anything below but the lunatic version i screw up rather regularly.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=5957

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #931 on: November 15, 2009, 12:26:40 AM »
I'll take a look!

I play on hard btw.

I had 0 deaths up to stage 4, didn't die to Marisa, died 3 times to Reisen and 4 to Kaguya. Finished the game with 0 lives :V

edit: just watched.

I had never tried that on Mind Blowing, I always tried going in the middle, just tried going in diagonal and captured it on my first try.
Second one is impossible for me. I lost 2 lives on it on my 1cc run.
Third one.. I learnt to go pretty far, but the few last seconds still kill me. Maybe I'll give it more tries tomorrow.

Mind you, I can capture Hourai Jewel 50% of my tries, and I think Reisen is the hardest boss in the game :/
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 12:36:50 AM by lmagus »
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #932 on: November 15, 2009, 04:04:53 PM »
Not spellcards because they're PC98 but

Elly on Lunatic, the attack where she shoots walls at you, well not really walls, but it's impossible for me to dodge. Not the first one since I know that one is meant to make you panic and you just have to stand still for the first part then run for the second, but the one used later in the fight.

Reimu's entire fight on Lunatic in case I choose to use Marisa for my attempts. It's a lot tougher than it was on Hard unlike every other boss.

Both of Yuka's final attacks(stage 5 and 6) on Lunatic. I haven't actually gotten to the stage 6 one as I always lose a credit on Reimu/Marisa. I almost "captured" Yuka's stage 5 final once with MarisaA, but I don't know the pattern and I got walled.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #933 on: November 15, 2009, 04:30:20 PM »
  • "Hourai Jewel"; Learn to do it by streaming vertically (which I can't do for some reason), or yeah, just time it out. Unless you want to try to stay underneath the familiars for the entire duration of the Spell Card  :V
I can't stream it vertically either, but that doesn't mean you have to time it out. Did this the last time this topic came up. :V Although, granted, the timer was pretty close, but still.
Let's fight.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #934 on: November 15, 2009, 05:03:24 PM »
Not spellcards because they're PC98 but

Elly on Lunatic, the attack where she shoots walls at you, well not really walls, but it's impossible for me to dodge. Not the first one since I know that one is meant to make you panic and you just have to stand still for the first part then run for the second, but the one used later in the fight.

Reimu's entire fight on Lunatic in case I choose to use Marisa for my attempts. It's a lot tougher than it was on Hard unlike every other boss.

Both of Yuka's final attacks(stage 5 and 6) on Lunatic. I haven't actually gotten to the stage 6 one as I always lose a credit on Reimu/Marisa. I almost "captured" Yuka's stage 5 final once with MarisaA, but I don't know the pattern and I got walled.
With Elly, you just need to anticipate them and run around the entire screen, basically.  Since she's not shooting anything else, you can do it fairly safely; just pay attention to when she stops moving.

Reimu is crazy, but quite a few of her attacks are quite predictable and dodgeable.  I'll try to get back to you with some specific help.

I honestly have no idea how to do Yuka's final phases on either stage; they're insane.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #935 on: November 15, 2009, 06:31:53 PM »
While were on the subject of LLS, how do you handle final boss Yuka's opener on lunatic?
Those overlapping rings are ridiculous and the only times I've gone through them was by complete luck. I always find myself bombing at least three times here.

I honestly have no idea how to do Yuka's final phases on either stage; they're insane.

Has anyone ever captured these?

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #936 on: November 15, 2009, 06:34:52 PM »
I have a question about Utsuho's Atomic Fire "Nuclear Fusion" card (on Normal). You know how she shoots out the blue bullets in opposite rotations each time (clockwise then counterclockwise then repeat)? Say you caused her to shoot a big sun bullet straight down the center of the screen. Is there a specific direction that's easier to traverse depending on which way the blue bullets were rotating out of Utsuho?
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #937 on: November 15, 2009, 07:25:45 PM »
Divine treasure 'Brilliant dragon bullet' - kaguya's first spellcard on hard. This thing is impossible.
I can't remember ever beating it on normal, I can do the easy version purely because there are so few bullets, but the hard version is just insane. Those laser thingies are extremely fixed, you can dodge them the same way every time and remember a pattern, but those fucking balls are so incredibly random. 99,9% of my attempts I get walled in by balls when dodging the lasers. I just don't understand how you can do this card without being luck dependant, I HAVE to dodge the lasers in certain spots, if those spots get walled by balls every time then how am I supposed to not get hit?

at least I can bomb in story mode...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 07:28:17 PM by Kawaii Yokai »

theshirn

« Reply #938 on: November 15, 2009, 07:37:42 PM »
I dunno, I find the Hard version much easier than the Normal for Dragon's Necklace/Brilliant Dragon Bullet.

...of course, you could always do this...

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
« Reply #939 on: November 15, 2009, 07:42:26 PM »
I dunno, I find the Hard version much easier than the Normal for Dragon's Necklace/Brilliant Dragon Bullet.

...of course, you could always do this...
Tried, and got hit? with freaking reimu so my hitbox is ever smaller??

theshirn

« Reply #940 on: November 15, 2009, 07:51:30 PM »
It's not guaranteed to work; he says so in the description or comments.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #941 on: November 15, 2009, 08:04:30 PM »
While were on the subject of LLS, how do you handle final boss Yuka's opener on lunatic?
Those overlapping rings are ridiculous and the only times I've gone through them was by complete luck. I always find myself bombing at least three times here.

Has anyone ever captured these?

I've technically captured stage 5 Yuka's final phase, but it was because I bombed during Master Spark and the bomb knocked out the beginning of the attack. :V I'm sure there's a way, but I haven't found it.

As for stage 6 Yuka's final attack, it's static. The openings are miniscule, but it is static. With a savestate I'm sure it's possible to find all the openings.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
« Reply #942 on: November 15, 2009, 09:23:08 PM »
It's not guaranteed to work; he says so in the description or comments.
Then it won't help me very much, will it?

« Reply #943 on: November 15, 2009, 10:26:06 PM »
Mind you, I can capture Hourai Jewel 50% of my tries, and I think Reisen is the hardest boss in the game :/

WHAAAATT!!!?

Anyway, you might want to bomb the second one if its really that menacing to you. Maybe you'd want to put some more practice into it by timing it out in spell practice. I did that for Lunatic and since then i have become much better at it.

Bananamatic

« Reply #944 on: November 16, 2009, 04:00:22 AM »
Just thought about this....Blue UFO as ReimuB.
I always get a saucer thrown straight in my face at some point, no matter how many I destroy.

« Reply #945 on: November 17, 2009, 06:55:20 PM »
Just thought about this....Blue UFO as ReimuB.
I always get a saucer thrown straight in my face at some point, no matter how many I destroy.

I tried to look into it and i got pretty close to capturing it about three times. Seemingly the pattern the UFO's move in is random thus forcing you to try and read it the best you can. Maybe its sort of luck-based...?

« Reply #946 on: November 18, 2009, 10:59:33 PM »
Double-post because this is completely unrelated... well, its the same game but still unrelated.

Byakuren's difficulty is legendary. The first spell is wicked but i have managed to capture it twice though. I'm not asking about that one though since capturing it probably isn't more than a question of exhibiting awesome playing skills or not exhibiting awesome playing skills.

My question lies with Makai Butterfly and Superhuman Byakuren Hiziri.

Makai Butterfly.

I know its static but i'll be needing some guidelines. I managed to figure the hard version out on my own but this version makes the hard version seem so slow and i can't figure out a pattern when it constantly kills me because of how the bullets are cleared out.

Some advice please?

Also, Superhuman. I can't see anything. She lights the entire screen up so following her is a death sentence. Instead, i would like to hear what directions you guys would go when capturing that card.

It would really be nice with some advice so i might avoid this becoming too frustrating. Its actually sort of fun to play at Lunatic level (in practice) at this time. Its mainly because the patterns seems better designed than those cards in S2, S3 and S4. Haven't tried S5.

Or maybe its because it feels more acceptable to be destroyed by S6 cards than freaken'  S2 cards.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #947 on: November 18, 2009, 11:24:22 PM »
Makai Butterfly.
Best way to learn it, watch a replay, memorize where to move by the laser count. I left notes *somewhere* in this thread about it. The Hard version is completely different from the Lunatic version.

General outline of my movements are sticking to the center for the first 3 lasers, 4th laser I move out, 6th laser gets directed straight down the middle, 8th laser is either directed away from the bottom-center and sitting in that spot, or moving over to the spot at one of the sides, 10th laser is aimed at the center and moving up a bit as well. 12th laser is aimed away from the center followed by moving into the bottom-center. That's all I need to know.

Superhuman
Start right, trail left, stay on the left side and dodge. Or, start right, trail left, wait, trail right, and finish it ASAP (much more riskier, does not work with all Shot Types). Or the best one, start right, trail left, stay on left, bomb, move to the right (non-MarisaB), trail left, win.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 11:26:27 PM by Baity »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #948 on: November 19, 2009, 07:53:03 PM »
Mind Stopper on hard/lunatic
WTF
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
« Reply #949 on: November 19, 2009, 08:32:19 PM »
Mind Stopper on hard/lunatic
WTF

In most of the replays I see of this, they go straight down (and a bit left or right), then quickly go back to the center to direct the aimed bullets there.

I never really managed to get that to work.  Instead, I go to the right (and a bit down).  This allows me to misdirect all the aimed bullets to the right and I don't have to rush back into the center.  Then I just repeat, except alternate between going left/right.  You won't capture the card as quickly, and you'll nearly time it out if you're not using border or scarlet team. 

Replay
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 08:35:17 PM by Lybydose »

marukyuu

• "Why always ATAI?"
  • The strongest striker...?
« Reply #950 on: November 20, 2009, 02:57:48 AM »
Hi there, this is my first post on these boards.

I'm a beginning Touhou player, so please go easy on me :yukkuri:

I need help with EoSD on Normal. I'm currently trying to 1cc the game with MarisaB, but almost every time I get stuck on stage 4.

• Koakuma's midboss non-spell - Avoiding the big spheres is not a problem, but is there an easy way to avoid the kunai (or whatever they are) as well without bombing? Or should I just improve my sucky dodging skills?
  • Patchouli's Metal Sign "Metal Fatigue" - I can't squeeze through the bullets no matter where I find a gap. Once again, I'd like to conserve bombs, but if there's no trick to this SC I'll gladly Master Spark Patchy's ass :V

Thanks in advance.
<-- Sig by Suikama

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #951 on: November 20, 2009, 03:00:44 AM »
Hi there, this is my first post on these boards.

I'm a beginning Touhou player, so please go easy on me :yukkuri:

I need help with EoSD on Normal. I'm currently trying to 1cc the game with MarisaB, but almost every time I get stuck on stage 4.

• Koakuma's midboss non-spell - Avoiding the big spheres is not a problem, but is there an easy way to avoid the kunai (or whatever they are) as well without bombing? Or should I just improve my sucky dodging skills?
  • Patchouli's Metal Sign "Metal Fatigue" - I can't squeeze through the bullets no matter where I find a gap. Once again, I'd like to conserve bombs, but if there's no trick to this SC I'll gladly Master Spark Patchy's ass :V

Thanks in advance.

How the hell do you even REACH stage 4 if you're not good enough to consistently dodge Koa's attack? <_<

As far as Metal Fatigue... Spark away :V

« Reply #952 on: November 20, 2009, 04:20:41 PM »
Some Phantasm spell cards...

- "Balance of Motion and Stillness" I just don't get this card... Is there a trick to it? I usually try to direct the things that spit out those circular waves of smaller bullets on the sides and then move back to the middle to shoot Yukari a bit but after a while it gets really messy and the big bullets just kills me

- "Mesh of Light and Darkness" No idea what to do on that...

- "Boundary of Life and Death"  Is it better to time out or to try and defeat it as fast as possible?

I use MarisaB by the way (it's the only one I managed to unlock the Phantasm with :V)

Thanks
Normal: 2,4-12
Extra: 4-8,10-12
Hard: 4,6-8,10
Lunatic: 8

Jaimers

« Reply #953 on: November 20, 2009, 05:30:56 PM »
- "Balance of Motion and Stillness" I just don't get this card... Is there a trick to it? I usually try to direct the things that spit out those circular waves of smaller bullets on the sides and then move back to the middle to shoot Yukari a bit but after a while it gets really messy and the big bullets just kills me

Start by shotgunning Yukari, go slowly down while dodging the big bubbles, go right then back to centre and repeat but without the shotgunning this time.
Seeing as the bubbles are aimed, the trick here is to never go directly towards Yukari when she's shooting.

- "Mesh of Light and Darkness" No idea what to do on that...

There's no trick here, you just have to read both the bullets and lasers and dodge accordingly.

- "Boundary of Life and Death"  Is it better to time out or to try and defeat it as fast as possible?

NEVER time this one out on purpose. If you do, a hidden timeout phase occurs which is almost impossible to dodge.
Follow the instructions here to deal with it as safely as possible.

« Reply #954 on: November 20, 2009, 05:49:08 PM »
Banquet of 12 General Gods, I've only ever captured this thing once.

Descent of Izuna Gongen. Why can I not safespot this at all? I can sometimes do it on Boundary of Life and Death, but never on this.

Ran's second phantasm card

Ran's and Yukari's survival cards. Not Yukari's last one, as I have captured that due to my practice and attempts on Profound Field which I haven't succeeded on.

Double Black Death Butterfly and Ran's easier version. Never captured Yukari's and Ran's only once.

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
« Reply #955 on: November 20, 2009, 06:00:40 PM »
Banquet of 12 General Gods, I've only ever captured this thing once.

Descent of Izuna Gongen. Why can I not safespot this at all? I can sometimes do it on Boundary of Life and Death, but never on this.

Ran's second phantasm card

Ran's and Yukari's survival cards. Not Yukari's last one, as I have captured that due to my practice and attempts on Profound Field which I haven't succeeded on.

Double Black Death Butterfly and Ran's easier version. Never captured Yukari's and Ran's only once.

Banquet:

Shotgun for a few seconds, then go to the bottom right.  Dodge stuff.  Ran will shoot aimed bullets at you.  Seriously though, there's way less stuff to dodge around the bottom right.

"Ran's Second Phantasm Card"

Follow her in circles.  You should be at the top of the screen when she switches directions.  After moving through the bullets, continue following her in circles, but this time be at the bottom of the screen when she switches.  Repeat as necessary.

Boundary of Humans and Youkai:

You can direct where the "safety bubble thing" goes by moving to one side at the beginning.  It doesn't really matter which way you direct it, but if you do the same direction every time, it will always move in the same way.  Aside from that, always move either horizontally or vertically, never diagonally.  Focus on dodging through only one line of bullets at a time.  As for the ending, just dodge stuff.  There's no real advice to give out there.  The hitboxes on the lasers are smaller than you think.

« Reply #956 on: November 20, 2009, 09:27:23 PM »
Start by shotgunning Yukari, go slowly down while dodging the big bubbles, go right then back to centre and repeat but without the shotgunning this time.
Seeing as the bubbles are aimed, the trick here is to never go directly towards Yukari when she's shooting.

There's no trick here, you just have to read both the bullets and lasers and dodge accordingly.

NEVER time this one out on purpose. If you do, a hidden timeout phase occurs which is almost impossible to dodge.
Follow the instructions here to deal with it as safely as possible.

Thanks a lot I'll try to do that ^^
Awesome replay by the way!

Boundary of Humans and Youkai:

You can direct where the "safety bubble thing" goes by moving to one side at the beginning.  It doesn't really matter which way you direct it, but if you do the same direction every time, it will always move in the same way.  Aside from that, always move either horizontally or vertically, never diagonally.  Focus on dodging through only one line of bullets at a time.  As for the ending, just dodge stuff.  There's no real advice to give out there.  The hitboxes on the lasers are smaller than you think.
What happens when you move diagonally? Does it messes up the lines? (I tend to move diagonally a lot because of my cheap gamepad... Should learn to use a keyboard)
Normal: 2,4-12
Extra: 4-8,10-12
Hard: 4,6-8,10
Lunatic: 8

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #957 on: November 20, 2009, 09:36:52 PM »
What happens when you move diagonally? Does it messes up the lines? (I tend to move diagonally a lot because of my cheap gamepad... Should learn to use a keyboard)
It doesn't mess up the lines, but even though it seems to be a good idea, it's also a lot more riskier. You're essentially trying to move through 2 lines at the same time by moving diagonally.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Jaimers

« Reply #958 on: November 21, 2009, 01:18:59 AM »
(I tend to move diagonally a lot because of my cheap gamepad... Should learn to use a keyboard)

Heck, I'm using a cheap 10 euro gamepad and I've been doing pretty well with it so far.  :P
D-Pad FTW. I guess it's all just a case of preference though, I personally suck at keyboards.
Also that keyboard = more precise is a myth. I find myself making more precise movements with the gamepad than with the keyboard. Again this might be just which fingers you train the most.

« Reply #959 on: November 21, 2009, 01:43:00 AM »
I could probably play just well(bad) with a controller than I do a keyboard. I just don't want to go through the trouble of setting it up.