Author Topic: Touhou ParseeRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE Thread Part 4  (Read 130183 times)

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
Re: Touhou ParseeRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE Thread Part 4
« Reply #480 on: December 01, 2009, 12:53:12 AM »
...How is that even theoretically possible?  Were you sitting in the very bottom opposite corner to her the whole time or something?

I didn't USE the bombs. I lost them. By dying with four bombs in stock once, then three in stock again. I just decided to mention it because really part of what I was ticked off about is having that many extra shots to survive just gone in an instant like that.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #481 on: December 01, 2009, 12:53:53 AM »
After spending many, many restarts getting to grips with the first few stages, I kept getting ripped apart by Stages 4 and 5, leaving me with just few enough lives/bombs to guarantee a fail at Stage 6. So, I took Donut's advice, and went into Stage practice for a while, and I can now do Stages 4 and 5 with one death on each of them through lots of bomb abuse. This should allow me to 1cc; that is, if I hadn't somehow completely lost the ability to do Stages 2 and 3. This isn't a one-off thing; in two hours, I hadn't had a single decent run of the first three stages.

* Sapz swears profusely at UFO
Let's fight.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #482 on: December 01, 2009, 12:55:28 AM »
So after acing SWR's lunatic, I figured that UNL's was going to be a piece of cake.
Yeah... not so much.

I should probably unlock some cards first before jumping straight into lunatic.  :V
Although I have no idea what most of these even do.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #483 on: December 01, 2009, 01:00:59 AM »
I should probably unlock some cards first before jumping straight into lunatic.  :V
Although I have no idea what most of these even do.
http://swr.mizuumi.net
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ebarrett

« Reply #484 on: December 01, 2009, 01:41:21 AM »
PoDD lunatic with Kana. Rikako's theme looped before I beat her. This is ridiculous.

Also, I later died twice to Ellen but that's another story. Almost got past Chiyuri on the single life I managed to bring that far, but obviously I have seen better days. As evidenced by not having a single post in the latest accomplishments thread  :V

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #485 on: December 01, 2009, 01:54:02 AM »
RRRRRRRRGHHHHHH

GAAAAAAAAAATES!!!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATES!!!!

Max rank Gates is obscene.  Tack max rank Marie on top of that...

If I can get to stage 5 - even 0/0 - I have a pretty good shot at beating the game!  But the game only gives you 3 bloody lives, and two of them are in stage 5 and 6!  I can't get through both Gates and Marie on only four lives!  I can't do it!

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #486 on: December 01, 2009, 02:06:03 AM »
Max rank Gates is obscene.  Tack max rank Marie on top of that...

If I can get to stage 5 - even 0/0 - I have a pretty good shot at beating the game!  But the game only gives you 3 bloody lives, and two of them are in stage 5 and 6!  I can't get through both Gates and Marie on only four lives!  I can't do it!

But... Gates is incredibly easy aside from his penultimate phase (which is actually worth a bomb or two).  SG's first three stages are really easy and you shouldn't be using more than 3 bombs to get past them (one for Gates's attack, one for Mei/Mai's second phase, another just in case of a random screw-up).

And after this you need to try Banshiryuu C67 and C74 Extra.  Just so I can read your reaction to the stage 2 boss. ;D

theshirn

« Reply #487 on: December 01, 2009, 02:37:06 AM »
But... Gates is incredibly easy aside from his penultimate phase (which is actually worth a bomb or two).  SG's first three stages are really easy and you shouldn't be using more than 3 bombs to get past them (one for Gates's attack, one for Mei/Mai's second phase, another just in case of a random screw-up).

And after this you need to try Banshiryuu C67 and C74 Extra.  Just so I can read your reaction to the stage 2 boss. ;D
You shut the hell up.  :V

Mei and Mai's second phase almost always eats 2.  And the annoying thing is, if I don't bomb, I usually die, but if I wait, then I usually deathbomb and lose THREE.

Also I just got killed by bullets I couldn't see in S3 because of the midboss exploding.  Goddamnit.

EDIT: Screw you to hell, Azinth. >:( Gates kills me twice, every time.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 02:48:56 AM by theshim »

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

ebarrett

« Reply #488 on: December 01, 2009, 04:31:27 AM »
EoSD lunatic.

13 captures should be enough to at least get you deep into stage 6, right? Right?

Dying in the stupidest manners with multiple bombs in stock multiple times means the run ended at Killing Doll. Stage 4 in particular was a complete disaster, the highlight being two deaths (for a total of six bombs lost there alone) to Patchy's non-directional lasers (what).

I ended up continuing (capturing a 14th card in Eternal Meek, "yay", rank was probably in the negatives) and clearing stage 6 for practice.... after, of course, another continue sometime during the Remilia fight. What the hell is lunatic Remilia. WHAT. THE. HELL.

Vampire Illusion = WALLS
Scarlet Meister = Scarlet Meister
Scarlet Gensokyo = makes me wish I had to face Scarlet Meister again, twice

theshirn

« Reply #489 on: December 01, 2009, 06:04:02 AM »
ASDFGSHHAGFASDKN

I CAN'T 1CC SHUUSO GYOKU

NOT ON NORMAL

NOT ON LUNATIC

and there's almost no difference between the two

Scooter1000

• Certified Danmaku Dodger
  • Doesn't post a lot.
« Reply #490 on: December 01, 2009, 08:50:21 AM »
Just failed another EoSD Hard run at Scarlet Meister. I wasn't really expecting to beat it, but it would have been nice to not have so many derp-tastic deaths.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #491 on: December 01, 2009, 11:45:37 AM »
*sighs* I can't do anything on touhou these days

It takes me about an hour just to get past stage 1 without dying, and then I keep making silly mistakes in early stages, getting game overs where I shouldn't.
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #492 on: December 01, 2009, 04:20:49 PM »
SA extra again...
MIRACLE SHITY FRUIT >vdsjfgsjqfgqjsgI don'tlikefruitdsfgjgjgfdjgqs
Fucking clipdeath because of some random lag on non spell too...
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

« Reply #493 on: December 01, 2009, 05:24:22 PM »
MoF Normal No Vert. Just had a run so full of fail I didn't even bother to save the replay. The only thing that went right outside of the easy stage 1 and 2 was capturing Kanako's first and second spellcard. Other than that, it was mostly messing up everything and having to bomb.

I did clear, but I wasn't happy with it at all.

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #494 on: December 01, 2009, 06:22:01 PM »
WHY CAN'T I BEAT STAGE 4 IN PRACTICE MODE?!!!!!! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Spoiler:
Seriously ready to give up...
[/size]

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

theshirn

« Reply #495 on: December 01, 2009, 06:46:39 PM »
AAAAAAAAAAAGH MARIE'S BORDER OF WAVE AND PARTICLE WHAT THE HELL IS THIS IT MAKES SATORI'S LOOK SLOW AND BORING GODDAMNIT

EDIT:

GODDAMNIT

I finally get to Marie 2/0 (on a massively lucky S4 run, which included the dialogue box popping up over the last couple blue bullets and me only evading by pure luck), which should be enough to finally break into S5.  I die almost immediately (lolrank).  I then DEATHBOMB.  Go from 1/2 to 0/1, and from pretty good to NOT A GODDAMN CHANCE.  I still make it to her last phase before getting annihilated.

GODDAMN IT

WHY DO YOU SUCK SO MUCH
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 08:17:33 PM by theshim »

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #496 on: December 01, 2009, 10:05:06 PM »
Since I never no-death runned anything I decided to try one on easy. Haven't played easy in at least 2 months if not more so I was suprised how easy it was.
Then I died to the fucking slowest ball ever on sanae's first card (the aimed ones) freaking huge hitbox.
And another death on kanako's 2nd to last, totally unfair.

« Reply #497 on: December 01, 2009, 10:29:29 PM »
0/2 going into QED. Decided to go for the capture because I cleared the stage before.

Died when she didn't have much of a lifebar left.

Edit: And Cranberry Trap still ****ing sucks for me. I have 4/74 on that card. I actually thought it was only 2 captures, but I checked to be sure.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 10:39:32 PM by Enigma »

theshirn

« Reply #498 on: December 01, 2009, 11:07:15 PM »
AAAGGHGHGAGHAGGHHHH

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #499 on: December 01, 2009, 11:08:19 PM »
AAAGGHGHGAGHAGGHHHH

That was basically what went through my mind when I died with four bombs in stock by an enemy spawning on top of me in stage 2. AGAIN

theshirn

« Reply #500 on: December 01, 2009, 11:11:02 PM »
Avatar has been changed to properly reflect my feelings towards Shuuso Gyoku right now.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #501 on: December 01, 2009, 11:38:03 PM »
Game over at Youmu's last spellcard on Lunatic

Playing it once a day is good for me, less rage and I can actually see some improvement...

But it's still so early... maybe I should try again >_>

Not to mention I bombed twice on 1st stage, died twice on second, twice on third, god knows how many on fourth.
Got to 5th stage with one bomb, used it before youmu, got a border during her sub-boss spellcard, made through it, got the life and bombed my way through her last spell..

I only died because I was unfocused trying to get another border, I might have captured it :(
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #502 on: December 02, 2009, 12:06:41 AM »
MoF Normal No Vert. Just had a run so full of fail I didn't even bother to save the replay. The only thing that went right outside of the easy stage 1 and 2 was capturing Kanako's first and second spellcard. Other than that, it was mostly messing up everything and having to bomb.

I did clear, but I wasn't happy with it at all.

How did you do Kanako's second card no vert? That was almost as impossible for me as Hunting Shrine Ritual the only time I've done it.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #503 on: December 02, 2009, 12:15:55 AM »
Maaan I was so pissed off with PCB I went to play EoSD and was going to try to open Extra with Marisa-A which is the only char i have never played. (not that I've ever played Extra anyway).

Game over at patchouli LOL

Marisa is way too fast =(
Watch me on Youtube

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #504 on: December 02, 2009, 02:47:16 AM »
Yes! I think I'm going to do this, I've reached Yuyuko's first card 4/2. Hm... Wait, what's that mom? You want me to take the dog out? Aw, fine. *dog doesn't react* Oh whatever. *goes back to game* *see that laptop shut when I put it down* *opens up*

... *PCB IS CLOSED*

ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! NO WHAT THE FREAKING HELL?! I WAS GOING TO 1CC YOU STUPID THING! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *throws computer through wall so hard that house falls down*

I NEED A DESKTOP! I NEED A FREAKING DESKTOP SO THIS WON'T HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
« Reply #505 on: December 02, 2009, 03:16:23 AM »

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #506 on: December 02, 2009, 03:38:23 AM »

...Oh. That helps. Well, at least that fixes one annoying thing about my computer.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #507 on: December 02, 2009, 04:39:10 AM »
Get to Youmu 5/0. Come out 0/3. ARGH! All those deaths except the first WERE WITH AT LEAST TWO BOMBS IN STOCK! Well, apart from the last, where there was only one... Did I mention that I also died on LYRICA'S FREAKING OPENER with four bombs in stock? Yeah. If that hadn't happened, I would actually have beaten the Prismrivers without deaths.

Scooter1000

• Certified Danmaku Dodger
  • Doesn't post a lot.
« Reply #508 on: December 02, 2009, 05:23:39 AM »
Well, after (almost, I used a bomb on Green Storm) perfecting Patchy, I make it to stage 5 with 7 lives and no bombs.

I make it out with 3 lives and 1 bomb. THEN, during the ring spam on S6, a fairy thought it would be funny to ram into me when I was trying to stream. After that, I burn a bomb on Eternal Meek and make it to Remi. Battle starts, I get walled by her opener, die at Young Demon Lord (I swear, those bubble bullets like to change their hitbox size), bomb Thousand Needle Mountain, and game over on Vampire Illusion to a bullet I didn't even see.

How many times have I game-over'd on Remilia by now? *Checks*

9 timesFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

theshirn

« Reply #509 on: December 02, 2009, 05:25:40 AM »
Why did VIVIT form 2 basically double in difficulty all of a sudden?

Seriously, rank should be the same as all those other runs, I die on form 1...but form 2 is suddenly throwing double the number of lasers and the orange waves cover nearly the entire screen and WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT FROM ME