Author Topic: Touhou ParseeRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE Thread Part 4  (Read 130192 times)

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
Re: Touhou ParseeRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE Thread Part 4
« Reply #450 on: November 29, 2009, 08:43:10 PM »
Another game over on LFO. I will beat this damn game.
Let's fight.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #451 on: November 29, 2009, 10:53:01 PM »
I am very surprised I have not smashed my monitor in a fit of rage over my inability to not suck at UFO Stage 5.  I can't even pinpoint what I'm doing wrong (other than "dying alot") is the worst of it  :V

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #452 on: November 29, 2009, 11:57:13 PM »
I reached Stage 6 3/0. I got a game over on midboss Nue.

GODDAMNIT.
Let's fight.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #453 on: November 30, 2009, 12:01:59 AM »
I reached Stage 6 3/0. I got a game over on midboss Nue.

GODDAMNIT.

Did you try going for UFO's? If so, that may be your problem. Going for UFOs is all well and good if you're used to the movements and very confident in yourself, but 3/0 is good enough for Byakuren unless you only need one red UFO to get an extra life.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #454 on: November 30, 2009, 12:35:56 AM »
Did you try going for UFO's? If so, that may be your problem. Going for UFOs is all well and good if you're used to the movements and very confident in yourself, but 3/0 is good enough for Byakuren unless you only need one red UFO to get an extra life.
My strategy involves gaining a minimum of five bombs from UFOs on Stage 6; first card, second non-card and card, third card and fourth non-cards are all autobombs for me, so I can't really afford to not go for bombs... it's never messed up that badly before, though. When I get to Devil's Recitation, I'm pretty much safe (or at least I should be except I keep messing up LFO dammitdammitdammit).
Let's fight.

nintendonut888

« Reply #455 on: November 30, 2009, 12:50:15 AM »
Here, let me try and explain the correct movements for Magic Butterfly:

Starting from center:

First laser: inch left

Second laser: Inch right

Third laser: Move back left

Fourth laser: Misdirect left, get back to center

Fifth laser: Inch once to the right from center

Sixth laser: Inch left

Seventh laser: Move left to the right of where the butterfly bullets intersect (this is the hardest wave to dodge and to explain)

From here on the rest should be self explanatory if Sanae B at full power does as much as I think it does.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #456 on: November 30, 2009, 01:31:15 AM »
Alrighty, thanks, I'll try that out.

On a more rage-ish note: I somehow reached Ichirin at 7.75 lives. I then proceeded to game over on Radiant Treasure Gun.

From 0 to fail in 5.2 seconds~
Let's fight.

« Reply #457 on: November 30, 2009, 01:49:25 AM »
Ahhhh I can't even make a decent no bomb clear cause I keep deathbombing out of habit argh argh argh

Drake

« Reply #458 on: November 30, 2009, 04:53:20 AM »
NO EXCEPTIONS

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #459 on: November 30, 2009, 09:21:40 AM »
Why does everytime I get all the point items, kill Sanae without bombing and go to Koishi at full power, I die stupidly at Danmaku Paranoia or one of her first Noncards?

She's the only Ex-boss I've never beaten...

Man, even though I love her, SHE'S SO HARD FOR PEOPLE THAT CAN'T MOVE ONE PIXEL ONLY *Knocks head on wall*

Bananamatic

« Reply #460 on: November 30, 2009, 09:18:40 PM »
Why is PC98 so goddamn hard.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #461 on: November 30, 2009, 09:26:40 PM »
Why is PC98 so goddamn hard.
Don't even try to tell me that LLS is near as hard as the Windows games. Not counting Extra, at least.

SoEW is mostly unfair due to being primitive (What the hell Mima+BOMB 2 SECONDS BEFORE YOU GET HIT OR ELSE) although that definitely can still count as goddamn hard  :'(

I must fully agree on the case of PoDD though, GOD DAMN YOU YUMEMI, AT LEAST SHIKIEIKI IS ONLY IMPOSSIBLE DUE TO DISPROPORTIONALLY LARGE BULLET SPRITES
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Bananamatic

« Reply #462 on: November 30, 2009, 09:46:28 PM »
Don't even try to tell me that LLS is near as hard as the Windows games. Not counting Extra, at least.

SoEW is mostly unfair due to being primitive (What the hell Mima+BOMB 2 SECONDS BEFORE YOU GET HIT OR ELSE) although that definitely can still count as goddamn hard  :'(

I must fully agree on the case of PoDD though, GOD DAMN YOU YUMEMI, AT LEAST SHIKIEIKI IS ONLY IMPOSSIBLE DUE TO DISPROPORTIONALLY LARGE BULLET SPRITES
LLS extra and MS in general.

Seriously, I've no death'd UFO extra and captured almost every EX card on Windows(except for Kokkuri-San) yet I can't beat Gengetu.
I've managed it once, but I was insanely lucky and I've got extends almost after every pattern.

EX Alice still makes me cry >.>

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #463 on: November 30, 2009, 10:13:52 PM »
Gengetu is really all about positioning.  Of course, it's wicked positioning, but frankly you get EIGHT LIVES, so it's not that bad.

EXAlice is nastier, though she really only gets crazy from phase 6 on.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Bananamatic

« Reply #464 on: November 30, 2009, 10:16:49 PM »
Gengetu is really all about positioning.  Of course, it's wicked positioning, but frankly you get EIGHT LIVES, so it's not that bad.

EXAlice is nastier, though she really only gets crazy from phase 6 on.
Alice has a fairly easy stage tbh.....I usually start Mugetu with no more than 2 lives.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #465 on: November 30, 2009, 10:18:14 PM »
The stage isn't hard though, Banana. =V

Bananamatic

« Reply #466 on: November 30, 2009, 10:19:07 PM »
It's not hard.
It's shittakingly hard.

theshirn

« Reply #467 on: November 30, 2009, 10:20:12 PM »
Erm...LLS Extra...lessee...I usually have to bomb the midboss, if unlucky one bomb before that, and maybe a death afterwards if I screw up.  Usually get an Extend in there somewhere, though...

Honestly I have more trouble with MS's cards at the beginning...but then I usually restart spammed through those if I died.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #468 on: November 30, 2009, 10:22:54 PM »
Seriously, I've no death'd UFO extra and captured almost every EX card on Windows(except for Kokkuri-San) yet I can't beat Gengetu.

EX Alice still makes me cry >.>
Try using Marisa for a Kokkuri-San capture. I have a perfect capture rate on that card with Marisa, I suppose Reimu being slower makes that card slightly harder.

And oh god yes, Alice may be among my favorite characters but her Extra is goddamn hard. Its the only Extra I haven't beaten if I hadn't died on Evil Eye's last phase with 3 bombs left RAAAAAGE
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #469 on: November 30, 2009, 10:27:12 PM »
Wouldn't the smaller hitbox make Reimu's easier?

But I've gotten very close on both Marisa and Sakuya. Not Reimu though. I still haven't captured that or Izuna Gongen from Extra. I think I have 3 left from Phantasm.

Bananamatic

« Reply #470 on: November 30, 2009, 10:28:21 PM »
Boundary of Humans and Youkai is easier since it doesn't force you to cross more than 1 line at once....Kokkuri San forces you to cross both vertical and horizontal at once IIRC.

« Reply #471 on: November 30, 2009, 10:31:42 PM »
Boundary of Humans and Youkai is one of the 3. The others are Ran's second midboss spell and Double Death Butterfly.

And you shouldn't have to go through two lines at once on Kokkuri-san's contract. I get into that situation much more often on Boundary of Humans and Youkai. The last part is even worse on Yukari's.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #472 on: November 30, 2009, 10:39:41 PM »
Banana: Watch any video of LLS Extra to learn how to do the stage.

Bananamatic

« Reply #473 on: November 30, 2009, 10:46:59 PM »
Banana: Watch any video of LLS Extra to learn how to do the stage.
Sightread broski.

Quote from: donut
You mean the brief one before the streaming? It's aimed. The trick is that it's aimed diagonally so it's less obvious.
What the hell does "diagonally aimed" mean :V

theshirn

« Reply #474 on: November 30, 2009, 10:55:04 PM »
Shuuso Gyoku Sage 4 needs to die in a fire.

Seriously.  SO MANY RESTARTS.  And Marie max rank is RIDICULOUS LIKE UNTO WHAT THE CRAP.

I can do S5 perfect, 2 bombs on Erich.  S6 perfect, 1 death 1 bomb first form, and 1 death between both of the last two forms, but...RRRGH STAGE 4.

Assume one bomb S4, 3 bombs and 1 death on Marie...2 bombs on Erich...2 deaths on VIVIT.  Throw in one more death for good measure...

I can't screw up more than once on the first three stages, then.

Bloody tall order...stupid Seihou.

« Reply #475 on: November 30, 2009, 11:47:32 PM »
And now I can't even make it to Kokkuri-San's Contract for some reason. Maybe I should switch back to Reimu or Sakuya.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #476 on: December 01, 2009, 12:21:38 AM »
Boundary of Humans and Youkai is easier since it doesn't force you to cross more than 1 line at once....Kokkuri San forces you to cross both vertical and horizontal at once IIRC.
Yeah but you still shouldn't actually DO so, cross the lines one at a time. Since they stay in the same horizontal/vertical positions, when dodging them just stay in the safe areas for one line at a time.

Try to remember which direction you will be forced to move next, so you can move to that end preemptively, giving you more time to safely dodge the lines.

Wouldn't the smaller hitbox make Reimu's easier?
The only time Reimu's smaller hitbox actually does a crap is with clipdeaths that are quite literally 1 pixel away from being safe. Which seriously almost never happens. In PCB she has many other things that make her better, though. And in every other game too

But for a specific card capture, this case Kokkuri-San, I find that Marisa's speed helps dodging the lines easier. Just never, ever try to move through 2 lines at once (which would require diagonal movement, something you should probably also avoid while moving through the lines)

And now I can't even make it to Kokkuri-San's Contract for some reason. Maybe I should switch back to Reimu or Sakuya.
Yeah you probably should. Marisa's lack of range and small amount of bombs make her the worst in terms of pure survival, especially in Extra where Non-Directional Laser doesn't let you skip boss attacks. Not that she sucks, as she has good points too, but she isn't a character to use if you have trouble with winning already.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 12:28:20 AM by NeoSerela »

nintendonut888

« Reply #477 on: December 01, 2009, 12:27:51 AM »
What the hell does "diagonally aimed" mean :V

The attack is aimed at you from a diagonal. It can be dodged by simple streaming, but its position makes it hard to tell that it's doing that.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #478 on: December 01, 2009, 12:46:01 AM »
So... Who else here has lost SEVEN FREAKING BOMBS on a stage 2 boss card? That's right, I reach Chen's final without dying or bombing ONCE before that. I then die twice to it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #479 on: December 01, 2009, 12:51:59 AM »
SEVEN FREAKING BOMBS on a stage 2 boss card?

...How is that even theoretically possible?  Were you sitting in the very bottom opposite corner to her the whole time or something?